Sequel: In The End

It's raining outside

Woohyun wanted Sunggyu to be happy so he decided not to confuse his relationship with the woman Sunggyu loved. However he didn’t feel strong enough to meet him regularly and smile to the picture he would see, knowing he won’t be part of Sunggyu’s closest world. He moved to Norway as he wanted to be alone. He knew he can’t fall in love with anybody new so places where there’s not many people didn’t get him scared, he enjoyed them instead. He still had a contact with Sunggyu though, he wanted to be able to know that Sunggyu’s safe and happy.

Sunggyu was living in a flat with his wife. They didn’t stay in his house because wife didn’t like Sunggyu keep on recalling the memories of things him and Woohyun did in his apartment: his 18th birthday, the New Year when they broke his mom’s vase (Woohyun apologized his mom kneeling in front of her, with a bouquet of flowers), the afternoon when Sunggyu twisted his ankle and Woohyun carried him from the hospital to the house and many more. She wanted to have a baby, she was even a bit obsessive about it. But they didn’t have any despite trying. Sunggyu felt pressured and he didn’t like this situation. And even though at first he wanted a kid as much as she did, when she started to care only about it, he changed his mind and he just wanted more time being apart from her.

Five years from the wedding, when Woohyun and Sunggyu were holding the web camera conversation, Sunggyu said things that Woohyun didn’t expect to hear:

-I am gay. And I love you. I want to be with you. I already told my wife and I am getting a divorce. I can’t stand life like that anymore.-  after Sunggyu saying this, Woohyun stayed silent for few minutes.

-I..I…Sunggyu is this a prank? Because if it is then you crossed the line.

-It’s not. I am serious. I didn’t tell you about my problems with her, I didn’t want anybody to deal with our problems. Now I know life is just one and I don’t want to waste it on living with the person I’m not in love. I love her but this is a different feeling. I get used to living with her, but that’s all. But…maybe you’re already taken and now I shouldn’t tell you this?

-I’m alone. And I waited for you to say something like that even if I didn’t believe it will happen. Because I still love you.

Sunggyu got a divorce and moved to Woohyun’s wooden house in Norway. They went fishing together, shopping together. They had so much fun together and so much love. People around didn’t use to be nosy, somebody else’s life wasn’t their business so they lived a peaceful life together. Until Woohyun died, unexpectedly in a car accident at age 45. Then Sunggyu needed to move back to his country, because he couldn’t be married to Woohyun in Norway and he couldn’t inherit Woohyun’s house because they weren’t a family according to Norwegian law. He wouldn’t stay anyway. Although he liked Norway, it was too cold for him here and the only reason that kept him here was Woohyun who felt here like a fish in the water. He had some money saved on his bank account in case they both would like to get back to Korea someday, so he bought himself a small place in a small town. He still lives here and he doesn’t regret his decision to spend those 15 years with Woohyun in Norway because they were the happiest years of his life.