Beach [EunHae]

Eunhyuk Drabbles

The water had always felt like home to Donghae. Hyukjae knew this.

He had brought the other man here to tell him things. He had important things to say. Things he knew should be said in the place that seemed to make Donghae the happiest. They had spent the past couple of hours tossing each other in front of waves and splashing around like little kids. Wet and hungry, they finally broke open the small cooler to enjoy a lunch of chicken sandwiches and strawberry milk.

The conversation started out small. They just laughed at corny jokes and made fun of the man who had his hotdog stolen by that pelican. 

Hyukjae couldn’t help but love this day. He loved it not just for what had already happened but also for what he was hoping to happen. 

Having asked the question, he realized it probably wasn’t romantic like in those sappy dramas Donghae had always watched. 

The answer was all that mattered though, and since Donghae didn’t really need for his life to be a sappy drama, he couldn’t have been more ready to answer “yes” to the man with sand in his red hair and a sunburn to match.

Heart nearly exploding out of his chest with excitement, Hyukjae now knew that Donghae’s home could also be with him.