Bloom

BLISS (Prequel of Ultra Numb and Benumbed)

Chapter 2: Bloom

 

They say if it rains, it’s because the sky is crying. But I don’t see it that way; I feel that each time it rains something beautiful is waiting to bloom.

Just like it was about to right now.


The cellphone vibrated against my back pocket, I knew it was Jiyong.

I sighed.

“Cilla, Jiyong is here.”

“I’ll be out in a minute.”

The phone started to vibrate again, I picked up the call.

“Baby?” a soft voice greeted me.

“Morning Ji!”

I heard him chuckle, “Morning baby, I thought you were still sleeping. You always pick up on the first ring.”

“I’m still sleepy.”

“You sound sleepy, I’m outside.”

“I’ll be down in a sec, still waiting for Cilla.”

“Tell her Youngbae is here, maybe she’ll hurry up faster.”

I laughed, “Okay.”

I stood up from the chair and knocked on the bathroom door.

“Aish Bess! I’ll be out soon-“

“Youngbae outside by the way, Jiyong made him come with him.”

Cilla opened the bathroom door than, she had dark denim jeans on with a pink blouse.

“How’s my hair?” she asked.

I smiled, “It’s perfect.”

Pricilla quickly ran to her bed and grabbed her backpack and before I knew it she was out the door.

We greeted the guard at the door, in the front entrance door. He smiled brightly as he opened the door for us.

“Have a good day ladies.”

We nodded.

The clouds were large and gloomy; it was going to rain soon.

“Please don’t tell me Jiyong knows I like Youngbae?”

I laughed, “Jiyong figured it out.”

“He didn’t him right, I don’t want Youngbae to be awkward around me.”

“Relax woman, Youngbae is as clueless as you.”

Pricilla laughed.

I saw Youngbae’s and Jiyong’s form leaning against the metal bars of the gate. There was also another male leaning against the metal bars of the gate but I didn’t know who he was. Perhaps it was one of Jiyong’s members. He was tall, and had broad shoulders. His style was similar to Jiyong’s, baggy jeans with an oversize hoodie.

When the guard saw Pricilla and I approach the gate he slowly opened the gate, causing the boys to turn and look at us. Pricilla rushed to greet Youngbae, and I was greeted with Jiyong’s smile.

I smiled, and Jiyong took my backpack and swing it to his shoulders.

“Hey baby.”

“Ji.”

“Sleep well?”

I nodded, I felt uncomfortable than the male I didn’t know was standing right next to me. My eyes slowly made their way to his face. His dark brown eyes met mine, his stare was intense I blinked. He was handsome.

“Elizabeth, right?” his deep voice rang inside of me.

I nodded.

He smiled.

He must have seen my reaction when he spoke, Jiyong was right his voice was unique and fierce.

“Elizabeth this is Seung Hyun.”

“Hello.” I manage to say.

Seung Hyun’s eyes made their way to me again, piercing inside of me. I felt my insides glitch, and twist. My heart race a little faster. He extended his hand, waiting for me to shake it. I took a breath in and slowly reached for his hand. My cold fingers grabbed a hold of his warm hand. He shivered under my touch; he shook my hand and slowly let it go. I dropped my hand to my side and made my eyes to his prefect face.

Then I felt Jiyong’s hand intertwined with mine, Seung Hyun’s gaze dropped to our hands and he quickly looked away. I saw him leave to where Youngbae was. Jiyong pulled me to walk with him, and my eyes left Seung Hyun.

I heard Jiyong chuckle, “You okay?”

I nodded.

“So I was thinking, after class you want to grab lunch or something?”

“That would be nice Jiyong.” I managed to whisper.

I felt Seung Hyun by my side again; I felt his eyes on me again. I didn’t look at him. I didn’t want to.  I slowly let go of Jiyong’s hand, Seung Hyun moved a little closer to me. I finally look at him, he smiled at me.

I looked away, my heart started racing.  I felt uncomfortable.

“So I promise you that I would bring Hyung Seung Hyun-“

“Aish Jiyong, I told you to call me Seung Hyun. I feel old when you call me hyung. Feel comfortable around me.”

Jiyong chuckled, I smiled.

“I told Eliza your rap is amazing. She doesn’t believe me.”

“She doesn’t?”

His eyes were on me now; I look up and met his dark brown ones. He had a smirk forming on his thin lips.

“I’ll rap for you, want me too?” He asked half-heartily

“Only if you want too.” I whispered

He moved a little closer to me, “I want too.”

Jiyong started beat boxing; Seung Hyung sang the lyrics to ‘No diggity’