Baby

BLISS (Prequel of Ultra Numb and Benumbed)

Chapter 1: Baby


My cold hands were shaking. I took a deep breath and exhaling slowly. I made my eyes to the paper Seung Hyun had given me last night. His messy hand writing pressed down on the pale white paper.

Seoul train station at 5 p.m. Please don’t me late.

I don’t know what I was doing here. I shouldn’t me here.

“Elizabeth.”

His deep voice filled my ears, my heart started beating faster. I wanted to run away, he was the boy that gave me unexplainable emotions. He grabbed my cold hand and intertwined it into his warm soft hand. He was so warm, so soft. I let a breath out. His piercing eyes made their way to mine, he smirked.

“Are you ready? You’re going to love this place. You brought your camera right?”

I nodded and he pulled me with him into the tunnel of the train station.


 


 

“Yay Cillie wake up!”

Priscilla groaned and covered her head with the pink bed sheet. “Five more minutes Bess.”

“You only got fifteen minutes to get ready.”

Her dark brown medium length hair covered her pretty face. She opened her tired brown eyes and looked at me. I smiled; she stretched her thin arms to the roof and yawned. She slowly got up from bed and made her way to the bathroom.

“Bess!”

“What?” I replied reaching to turn on my cellphone.

“I forgot a towel, please get me one.”

“Woman!”

“Please! Love you!”

I rolled my eyes and opened our bedroom door; I saw two five years-olds running away to the hall, getting away from the nanny from their dressing clothes. I chuckled; remembering when Cillie and I did that when we were five years-old. Pricilla and I were orphans since very young age; we don’t remember how we got here. We agreed never to know. I was greeted by the officer in the front door.

“Leaving already miss?”

“Not yet James, waiting for Pricilla.”

“That girl always makes you late.”

I laughed and went to the laundry room.   I grabbed couple of fresh towels of the metal shift; Pricilla and I were going to turn seventeen in the next month. We had to leave the orphanage and look out for ourselves now. It was a difficult phrase that waited for us, but helping each other we didn’t need to worry about it too much. I was worried though. I will miss this place, my childhood memories. Everything.

“Cillie, the towels are next to the metal bar.”

“Thanks Bess.”

“Hurry please.”

Pricilla groaned in annoyance, I only laughed. I went back to my desk to grab my black Jan sport backpack, place my notebooks instead. We only had two weeks of high school left before we graduated, I was a little nervous. Everything was coming at once, moving out, final exams and having the graduation. It wasn’t going to be simple. I sighed, my cellphone started to vibrated inside my back pocket.   

It was Jiyong. I smiled.

“Ji!”

“Hey Eliza. I’m outside I took the morning off so I can walk you to school.”

“I’m still waiting for Cillie, she’s taking forever.”

“Is that Jiyong?” Pricilla murmured walking out of the shower with the towel wrapped around her body.

I nodded.

“Go Bess, I’ll catch up with you guys later. You haven’t seen Jiyong in a while and you two need to catch up.”

“Are you sure?”

“Go before I change my mind.”

I chuckled and grabbed my backpack, “Hurry up okay? We’ll walk slowly.”

“I’ll be down there in a sec.” I told Jiyong before ending the cell.

I ran down the stairs and opened the front door. I saw Jiyong in the front gate waiting. His hands were inside his pocket, he had his back to me. I smiled. Kwon Jiyong was my best friend and the only friend that approach me I was a misfit in the group. See I am not Korean. I don’t know what I am, and it bothers me. But I never told anybody I don’t think I will.

I opened the gate and Jiyong turned, he smiled brightly at me. I run to hug him, clashing into him. I missed him; I missed him a lot these days. There were days that I didn’t see him since he was training for YG. And when he finished his training it was late at night. Jiyong told me they were going to debut soon, that is why he didn’t visit me lately. We didn’t go to school together because he moved to a different area; his parents wanted Jiyong to be closer to the transportation.

His arms held me tight, I felt whole again.

“I miss you baby.” He whispered.

“I missed you more.”

He chuckled, I missed his laughter. His voice.

He grabbed my backpack and swing it into his shoulder, and intertwined his warm fingers into mine.

“Ready baby?”

“Ready.”

We walked to the stop light, I looked at him. His eyes looking straight ahead, he was getting handsomer each day. His skin looks so soft, I smiled uncontrollably.  He noticed.

“What?”

“You had gotten prettier.”

He laughed, and we slowly walked down the street.

“I say the same to you.”

I giggled, “How’s the training going?”

“It’s exhausting Eliza. We finished at midnight; I didn’t go home I just stayed in the dorm with the boys.”

“Do you like your members’ baby?”

“Daesung and Seung Hyun are the youngest ones their cool. I’m starting to get to know them, Daesung has a really good voice he’ll probably become the vocalist. I haven’t heard the maknae sing yet, but he dances very well. You remember Youngbae right?”

I nodded.

“I’m really comfortable around him, cause we been buddies just like you and I. Than the oldest our hyung. His name is also Seung Hyun. We went to middle school together, so I am comfortable around him too.”

“Are you going to be the leader?”

Jiyong haste at first, “I’m still thinking about it. Hyung Seung Hyun doesn’t want to be leader, so the pressure is on me now.”

“The president wants you to be leader right?”

He nodded.

“I think you’ll be the best leader Jiyong. I can see your songs hit the top charts on billboards.”

“You say that because you love me, otherwise you wouldn’t.”

“It’s true though, I can see it. The best lyric writer and rapper in Korea, girls will scream your name. G to the D.”

Jiyong laughed.  

“Actually I forgot to tell you, Hyung Seung Hyun is the main lead in rap. You should hear him rap his really good.”

“He can’t be better than you, I don’t believe it.”

“He is. It is deep voice that makes unique and fierce. Which is uncharacteristic for a Korean, you should meet him sometime; I’ll bring him along one day. He can rap to you.”

I smiled, “You’re still the best Jiyong, in my eyes you’re prefect.”

“I know baby. How’s the moving coming along? You should come live with me instead, the boys really won’t mind. They actually want to meet you.”

“Moving with 4 extra boys isn’t my ideal type of apartment. Besides I don’t want to leave Pricilla alone, we been together since we were five.”

“She came live with us too. Youngbae has a thing for her too.”

“Does he really? Pricilla too.”

“See? I don’t see the problem.”

 “Someday we’ll leave together Ji.”

“Why not start now?”

He stopped walking. He looked at me, using one of his stares that weaken my knees. I looked away blushing.

“I found a place near the Han river, close to your dorm too. It’s cheap and not so bad; you should come see it sometime. Pricilla and I already paid the four months of rent and it’s un-refundable.”

“Fine, but I will work hard so when day we can move in together. It was one of our dream remember?”

I nodded.

We saw Pricilla approach us, I let go of Jiyong’s hand. I didn’t want to make her awkward, Jiyong knew that too. He smiled at her.

“Long time no see.”

“I could say the same Kwon.”

“Didn’t I tell you to stop calling me that?” Jiyong cooed.

“Okay, good to see you GD oppa!” Pricilla said jokey.

“Better.”

We started to walk; Jiyong was on my left side and Pricilla on my right. I knew it was going to be a peaceful walk.  


A/N: Here's the first chapter. Enjoy!