Five Angels

Think Before You Speak

2

They were called The Five Angels.

Obviously, they were called that for a reason, but I honestly couldn't understand why they were called The Five Angels when only two of the people in their little groupie actually possessed angelic features. (Now, don't get me wrong when I say that because all five of them were extremely good-looking—too good-looking, actually). However, three out of five of those Angels looked as if they could possibly kill someone—and aren’t angels supposed to look pure and innocent?

So there's Chen—the oh so precious Chen. He's The Angels’ one and only troublemaker and troll. Sure, his pranks are funny and all, but sometimes those little pranks of his are a bit life-threatening. I mean—even I wouldn’t do that kind of stuff—and this is me we’re talking about here.

And then there’s Sehun, the Angels’ handsome robot. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him laugh or smile at least once in my entire three years of attending Ciel High. I’ve only ever heard his voice once, too (and you know what they say about the quiet ones).

Oh, oh, oh, and you can’t forget their scary as leader, Kris! If you hadn’t known that he was the vice principal’s son, you would’ve thought that he was the son of a mafia leader instead.

Now that those little introductions are out of the way, please tell me why in the world they’re called Angels when only Suho and Lay had those angelic features.

 

Speaking of the Angels, their number one fan was approaching me.

“Soo, Soo, Soo! Did you hear about the new transfer student?” Luhan spoke quickly, his eyes almost glowing, “I haven’t seen him yet, but the kids say that he’s ier than my 94!” 94 was the seat number of the Angels' robot, Sehun.

I grabbed his hands and held onto them tightly, jumping up and down with a huge grin on my face as if I was as excited as he was. When Luhan began to jump around with me, I abruptly stopped jumping and removed the grin from my face.

“No.” I replied shortly and let go of his hands. Doesn’t this hyung know that I couldn’t care less about new students, no matter how attractive people make them out to be? I doubt he’s nowhere near as y as my precious Lee Joon anyway.

“You’re no fun, Soo.” Luhan sighed as he looked down dejectedly. 

Just then, someone gasped from behind me and soon after, an arm was draped around my shoulders. When I saw his hands, I immediately knew that it was Baekhyun.

“You just noticed?" Baekhyun snorted,  "He’s the king of boring people, I tell you.”

I felt my eye twitch.

“You mother —“ I started, but before I could continue to berate and hit the guy I called my best friend, I just had to be interrupted by screaming girls. Screaming girls often meant The Angels were making their way downtown—or through the hall, which, technically, was down... something. I sent Baekhyun an “I’m going to kill you later” glare before putting a hand over my mouth. 

“Are you serious right now?” Baekhyun laughed in amusement, “That’s not going to stop your unstoppable mouth.”

“ off.” I mumbled behind my hand.

 

Within seconds, the hallway was packed with people; I could barely see The Angels trying to get through the crowd.

When the crowd opened up a little, I saw Kris in the front, obviously enjoying the love he was receiving as always. With his huge hand up in the air, he waved while exclaiming, “Yes, yes! I know I’m perfect!” and then a low, "Don't touch me," every now and then.

“Narcissistic Prince coming through.” Chen rolled his eyes as Suho, Lay, and Sehun kept their heads low in embarrassment.

 

The group was only a few feet away from me when I noticed a sixth person walking with them. He was behind Kris and to the right of Sehun, which was most likely the reason I hadn't noticed him earlier since Kris and Sehun were such a titans.

The guy kept his head down and he was wearing tight, black skinny jeans and a tight, white shirt. I squinted my eyes at the guy. How didn’t I notice him before? He was the only one in the entire school without a school uniform, for god's sake!

I gave him a once over and took note of his beautifully bronze, tanned skin and then, his thick lips. I my lips unconsciously as I stared at his own. I wonder… how they’d feel... against my lips…

Without my knowledge, I took a step closer to try and get a better look at him. From behind me, I vaguely heard Luhan laughing to Baekhyun.

“And he acted as if he wasn’t curious.”

My hand was no longer covering my mouth; I wasn’t safe. But my feet continued to move on its own. Was I mesmerized?

The tanned boy lifted his head up at that moment and turned in my direction. I couldn't keep my mouth from opening wide in shock. ier than Sehun? No doubt about it. ier than Lee Joon? . Yes.

Time seemed to stop when we met eyes. The tanned boy smirked at me before turning his head away to whisper something into Sehun's ear, who only laughed in response. If I wasn’t so caught up in the moment, I would’ve been laughing at Luhan’s moans and cries, asking why his 94 was so perfect and if he was secretly Satan in disguise or maybe I would've said some smart comment in response to the Tanned Boy's whispers to Sehun because obviously, it had something to do with me.

Kris and Suho walked past me and then it was Chen. When it was Sehun and Kai's turn to walk past, my mouth automatically opened and I said the first things that came to mind: “He’s pulchritudinous…”

Now time really seemed to stop. The fangirls were suddenly silent, and all 5—or is it 6 now?—Angels were looking at me. It took me awhile to process everything.

Lay stepped towards me, his eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion, “Who was that directed to?”

I bit my lip (a habit I’ve developed after being confronted so many times when I said something out loud) and pinched my thigh. , what did I say this time?

“It was directed to our little Tannie, of course.” Sehun answered with a snort.  Tannie? That’s… some sort of nickname, right? The tanned boy beside Sehun glared at him.

After a minute of silence, Tannie, as Sehun called him, pushed Sehun and Lay out of the way and stood directly in front of me. I felt my heart skip a beat as I lifted my head to look up at him.

“It was directed to me, huh?” The tanned boy finally asked. His voice wasn’t as deep as I expected, but it still visibly gave me shivers.

“W-What did I say?” I mumbled. Although I didn’t know what I had said, judging from the glare I was currently receiving from ‘Tannie,’ it was an insult. But how in the world did an insult slip out of my mouth when I was so mesmerized by this Greek God?

“You called me pul—pulchri—something like that.” Tannie replied.

“Pulchritudinous,” Suho sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, “You called him pulchritudinous.”

Pulchritudinous, I repeated to myself in my head. I took a step back and scoffed. I called him ing perfect.

“I called you pulchritudinous," I laughed in disbelief, "I called you pulchritudinous, so why the hell are you looking at me like that then?!”

 “Did you just yell at me?”

I blinked in surprise and choked. , why did I yell? , , . Short tempters and an uncontrollable mouth definitely don't go well together.

“I—I meant, why are you looking at me as if I called you a ?” Ah, me. That’s not any better.  

I glanced at Suho with hopeful; since he practically took care of all of the Angels, he’d be able to stop Tannie and maybe teach the tanned guy some vocabulary, right?

Instead of hope, though, I was given a small smile and innocent shrug of the shoulders that said That's your problem, boy.

I scoffed again in disbelief before and directing my attention back to Tannie. He was seething in rage. 

Although I was probably going to get hit by Tannie pretty, pretty soon, I couldn’t ignore the fact that he looked a million times ier when he was mad.

Someone shoved me slightly to the side and knocked me out of my little prance; it was then that I heard all the hushed whispers of the students around us.

“Our class president has the hots for the new kid, doesn’t he?”

“This is the first time we’re seeing him so vulnerable, huh?”

“I didn’t know he was gay.”

“I’m just surprised he hasn’t snapped yet.”

Vulnerable? I turned my head towards the direction of the voice and glared at a guy who looked scared enough to have made the comment.

I don't mind them knowing about my ual preference, but vulnerable? I turned my head back to the guy in front of me and clenched my fists.

Let’s see how vulnerable I’ll look after I’m done with this guy.

“You insulted me.” Tannie stated matter-of-factly. I scoffed for the umpteenth time.

“Oh, so you think you’re a smartass now, huh?” I retorted, “Well, listen to this, you .”

Tannie opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

“It’s a compliment, not an insult, you stupid, pulchritudinous person!” I exclaimed, my signature glare directed at him and only him this time.

Tannie looked shocked for a second and instinctively took a step back. The halls were momentarily silent as well. As he looked around, Tannie quickly regained his posture and cleared his throat.

“You called me it again!”

“Oh, for the love of God! For the last time, it’s not a ing insult!”

“Then it’s a compliment? How the hell am I supposed to believe that?!”

“Look it up in the god-damn dictionary, stupid!”

Tannie looked doubtful of himself for a second and I inwardly laughed in victory.  

 

It was then that my friends decided to step in, both of them clinging onto my arms and pulling me slightly.

“T-The bell rang,” Luhan stuttered. His gaze was shyly fixed upon his precious 94, Sehun, who was now behind Jongin.

I blinked and took a glance around me. He was right; the halls were nearly empty now (save for a couple of die-hard fangirls who would most likely ditch school and never graduate just to stalk their oppas).

Suho appeared beside Tannie and took hold of his arm too. “Jongin, we should also probably get to class. It wouldn’t look too good on yourself if you were late on your first day.” His name is Jongin?

“Not yet, hyung. I still have things to say to this twerp.” Jongin replied as he shook off Suho's hand.

Did this guy just call me a twerp? Just who the does this guy think he is?

“Kai,” it was Kris this time, “Get to class before I tell ing Uncle that you started a ing ruckus on the first ing day of school.”

Jongin, Kai? How many names does this ing guy have?!

 

The tanned guy with too many names for me to remember looked frightened at that, and before long, he scrambled away while dragging Sehun along with him.

 

"What a ing day," I scowled as I left my friends behind and made my way to class.

 

What a ing day.

 


  AUTHOR'S NOTE.  

The name of the school everyone is attending is Ciel High. If you’re wondering what Ciel means, it means Heaven or sky in French.
Hint hint get why they're called The Angels yet?

 

It's currently 6 36 AM and I haven't slept at all, so there might be a ton of typos. This is 1,466 pure word vomit, I tell you. But I hope I didn't disappoint! The next update will come sooner, hopefully! I hope you enjoyed this chapter though :~(

 

Please no silent readers! I love hearing your opinions!

 

  UPDATE 6/22/15. 

Successfully revised another chapter! It took quite awhile, but it's finally here! There are more changes and a little bit added so if you're an old reader, feel free to reread!
Hopefully the next update comes sooner but no promises. It's summer, but I've also gotten a summer job and have tooonnnsss of AP homework I haven't even started. Plus, driving school. TT^TT. Good luck to me.