Whoopsie Daisies

Think Before You Speak

1

I really don't get it; being called a "nerd" nowadays isn't even an insult anymore so why is this nincompoop still calling us people who actually study nerds?

“Nerd, nerd, nerd.” The boy chanted over and over again like a mantra, even daring to use his finger to push my head off to the side to emphasize his point (whatever the hell it was).

Before I was interrupted by this poor excuse for a human being, I was doing last minute studying for the test we were going to have in just ten minutes. Now, why was I doing last minute studying, you ask? Well... maybe because sleep is top priority. Forget school; sleep definitely conquers all.

After a particularly hard shove, I quietly set my notebook down, my eye twitching in annoyance. This tard is seriously having too much fun by himself. No one's even paying attention to him!

I folded my arms over my chest and closed my eyes as I tried to ignore the shoves. After what seemed like an eternity (but was really only less than ten minutes because our teacher hadn't arrived yet), said dimwit finally stopped shoving and instead grabbed my chin and forced my head up roughly so that I would look at him.

Almost immediately, I felt a barf coming up.

The guy's face was littered with red, angry pimples. There wasn't a single spot on his face that wasn't covered in red bumps. For God's sake, he even had pimples right above his eyelids!

I forced down another barf. So this is what "pizza face" looks like in real life. It's pretty disgusting.

I closed my eyes again—another attempt of calming myself down—before opening them back up and staring the guy straight in the eye.

“Are you deaf? Can't you hear me? I just called you a nerd."

With a slight roll of my eyes and a quiet scoff, I barked out an, “Oh, really? Well, just to let you know, Mister Pizza Face, I’m one of those popular ‘nerds’ that girls go gaga over” before I could stop myself.

Upon realizing what I just said, I suddenly took notice of the guy's size.

Sure, he had a face worse than a kid who disobeyed his parents' orders and scratched at his chicken pox anyway, but he sure did have an okay-looking body; he was definitely bigger than I was and could definitely knock me out in less than ten seconds.

In the back of my mind, I pictured myself being used as a punching bag by this nincompoop while all my classmates (who weren't paying attention at all at the moment) were now paying attention and were laughing as I was beaten to a pulp.

In reality, I was biting my lip, hoping I wouldn’t say anything else.

That, of course, is always too much to hope for though. After all, God is never on my side (and I strongly believe that he never was). I mean, just look at me! What kind of person gives such a handsome person like me this kind of flaw? It's ridiculous!

 …Wait, shouldn't I be thanking him for giving me these good looks in the first place?

Oh, forget that! My parents made me. I'll just thank them.

Wait. . I think I'm smirking now.

No, no, I think I just flipped my hair.

Crap. That's worse.

I laughed silently and shook my head in amusement. Ah, leave it to me to be thinking about how perfect I am while in front of someone who's probably thinking of a thousand ways to kill me.

Talking about that guy... maybe I should just focus on him... now that he is glaring at me much more than before and even has his hands tightly clenched into fists at his sides.

I unintentionally gave him another once-over. This guy would be actually be quite attractive if it wasn’t for his pizza face... and his oddly dyed blonde hair and… his horrible personality. I laughed again.

 “It’s a shame a guy as ugly like you was given such a good body. Or did you just work out a lot to distract all the girls from your hideous face?”

I widened my eyes in surprise at my own words. Ah. I'm totally dead now.

Please, baby Jesus, just let it be a painless death. At least it’s better than having your daddy's beautiful gift bruised by a nincompoop, right?!

 “What did you just say?” 

I chewed on my lower lip and tried to think of something to say that could possibly save my face.

“Do you not know who you’re speaking to?”

“Pizza Face of the chess club. Oh, you’re so scary.” . That was not what I had in mind.

Pizza Face figured he'd had enough (I would, too) and grabbed me from the collar of my uniform, pulling me up from my seat. He then proceeded to make some weird hallowing and unhollowing movement with his mouth. Is unhollowing even a word?

I squinted, trying to figure out what the hell he was doing when it finally hit me.

He was going to spit. He was going to ing spit on my face.

However, before Pizza Face had a chance to open his mouth and let the disgusting fluid out, my prayers were finally answered as I heard the familiar voice of my teacher.

“Mr. Kim, would you putting our precious class president down? We can't afford to have our little baby hurt!”

Oh, Mrs. Choi; never before had I felt so relieved to hear your stupid pet names.

Pizza face then turned his head away from me and swallowed his disgustingness before letting go of my collar and bowing slightly.

“Sorry, Mrs. Choi.”

I sighed in relief and fixed the collar of my uniform. Final-ing-ly.

“Thank you. And I would like to see you after class.” Mrs. Choi grinned at Pizza Face, looking almost mischievous. 

Mrs. Choi has always been the only teacher I could tolerate. Sure, she was a little creepy, but I'm pretty sure that that was what made her so tolerable.

“What about this ner—I mean, our class president?” Pizza face protested as he looked down and glared at me.

I scoffed again, “Muscles and height are the only things that make me feel inferior. Other than that, you don’t scare me at all, .” Mrs. Choi can't possibly give me a detention for this...  right?

As if answering my question, Mrs. Choi giggled—she ing giggled—before letting out a squeaky, “And what did our baby do?"

Okay. Now this is one of the reasons I find Mrs. Choi so creepy. Mrs. Choi has a terrible habit of calling her students (mostly me, though) "baby," "precious," "love, "  "dear," and basically all those gooey pet names you’d normally call your lover. 

And this would always lead to me wondering if Mr. Choi gets jealous of us—and then would eventually lead to me shaking my head and snorting.

When I finally came back to reality, Pizza had the most incredulous look on his face.

Ah, who knew that it was possible for someone to become ten times uglier than they already are.

 

As soon as class was over, my best friend, Baekhyun, was at my side waving a ten dollar bill in my face.

“I bet you ten dollars that that AJ guy will be waiting at the gates for you after school.”

I rolled my eyes at my friend’s comment, fully aware of who the winner would be. “Baekhyun, love, you know I don’t have that kind of money.”

Baekhyun only snickered in response.

“You just don't want to pay up because you already know that he’s going to be there.”

There was a short moment of silence before I was clinging onto my friend’s arm.

"He is going to be there and, ; I think I’m going to piss my pants. Can we leave through the back doors today, please?” Baekhyun laughed and shrugged me off.

“Of course not,” He flipped his hair, “it’s been forever since I’ve last seen you get beaten to a pulp.”

“What kind of friend enjoys seeing another friend dying?!” I screeched as I hit him.

Baekhyun gasped dramatically, his long, feminine fingers gracefully covering his mouth, “Am I the only person that enjoys it?”

“You sadist," I growled.

“You love me."

"I love your mom."

"Now that's just sick."

 


 Author's Note 

Sorry for the short chapter! this is just an intro to Kyungsoo's life—his mind, actually. 
i'll try to update as soon as i can!

p.s. the nincompoop a.k.a idiot a.k.a pizza face is my love, aj / jaeseop of ukiss, if anyone was wondering. :-) I honestly don't know why I chose him at the time but I was probably missing him while listening to UKISS' Someday.

 

UPDATE 5/4/15.

I revised this chapter and added a few things. I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible but the whole
chapter didn't flow smoothly and the jokes were weird and yeah. You can reread if you want while waiting!