Ashamed

The Girl With The Scorpion Tattoo

 

"HaNa-sshi!"I heard someone called me from behind when I was about to walk to my class,it's not usual for someone to call me by my real name as they believe,calling my name is like calling for trouble. I spun my head around to see Hongbin running towards me with a sling bag slung over his shoulders and reach his knees,he gasped for air as he gave me some money.
 
"here,it's for yesterday's drink,thank you for helping me.."he blushed as he bows and run away afterwards,I held onto my beating heart wondering why is it beating so fast as the other students stare at me,I unknowingly put on my smile as the other stare indisbelief, "she's smiling!"the guys scream out loud as if they won something.
 
I walked away when I regain my consciousness and walk away,ignoring the stares. I sat on my desk as the others looked at me and Hongbin who is reading his book.
 
"what are you looking at?"I asked as the girls quickly look away,I tried hard to ignore them but it's kind of annoys me. "Yah!if you have anything to say,say it!don't just stare at me!"I lean my back against the wall as they flinched when they heard my voice and making Hongbin looking at me.
 
"c-congratulations,for dating with a nerd guy.."one of them stutter, "thank you...wait!what?dating a nerd guy?who?"I asked as they point towards Hongbin who cluelessly looked at them, "I'm not dating him!he's just a friend!"I tried to deny it as I wave my hands saying no.
 
I saw a glimpse of Hongbin looking at his book with a sad expression, "I'm sorry.."he muttered,I looked at him who is still looking at his book, "for what?"I asked as he slowly lift up his head to look at me, "for embarrassing you and making people think we are a couple.."he said and look away.
 
"we're friends?are we?just don't care about what they say,okay?"I said as he smile,*why does my heart hurt so much?*i asked myself but force a smile afterwards.
 
We started lesson afterwards and lunch time is calling for us,I stood up from my seat with my headphone hung on my neck, "umm..can I eat lunch with you?umm..I know it's kind of lame but I prepare you something.."he raise his lunchbox, "okay..but we will be eating at the cafeteria..I know you don't want to be seen with me.."I said as I walk pass him, "why would I be embarassed?i feel protected when I'm with you.."he mumbled,I led out a smile and walk out of our classroom afterwards with him behind me.
 
"you made all of this?"I look at the Japanese style bento with a suprise face, "yeah..I did it all by myself.."he answer as I bit my chopstick trying not to drool,i then starts to eat my food, "this is good!"I said after I chew my food,he smile and continue with his food.
 
"my parents would like to meet you.."he said without looking at me, "really?why?"I asked, "I told them about you and they were interested to meet you..I want to show them that I have a friend,before it's too late.."I nod my head without hearing him mumbling the last few words.
 
-after school-
 
We arrived at a big mansion but not to brag,mine is bigger,he then lead me inside the mansion and asked me to wait for his parents at the living room while he goes up to call them.
 
"is this HaNa?the one you tell us about?"I turn my head around when I heared his mother's voice, "good evening Mrs Lee,I'm Kang HaNa.."I shook her hand as she instruct me to sit, "HongBin told us so many things about you..he was excited to have his first friend coming over.."his mother said as I shyly smile.
 
"you look familiar.."she suddenly comment as I look up to her, "yeah..I'm Kang Gary's daughter.."I said looking at my feet, "I see.."she said shortly as she pass me a cake, "here,have this..I baked it for you.."I took the cake from her and thanked her profusely.
 
We talk about some few thing and without me realizing it,it was already 10 pm. "I had a great time talking to you Mrs Lee,but I have to leave now..thank you for having me.."I bow as I walk towards the door, "you can stop by anytime.."she gave me a motherly hug, "send her home Hongbin.."his mother said as I decline her offer, "it's okay..I can walk on my own,my house is not far from here anyway.."I bow again and start walking off.
 
"HaNa..you want some?"my drug 'friends' asked when they saw me walking pass them, "I'll pass.."I said as I start walking again, "you're not like this you know?i know you want some.."he wave the packet of pills infront of me, I walk towards them and snatch the pills from them and pop one into my mouth, "that's right..this is the HaNa we know.."he smile.
 
"here..some beer and cigarette.."he pass me a packet of cigarette and a can of beer,I took the cigarette and light them up and opened the can of beer afterwards.
 
"HaNa?"i heard a voice not far away from me,I turn my head and saw Hongbin staring at me, "H-Hongbin?w-what are you doing here?"I stutter, "I just want to make sure you're okay..and it looks like you're just fine.."he said as he start to walk away.
 
"Hongbin!wait!"I run after him and manage to grab his wrist,making him turn, "what is it?"he asked coldly, "it's not what you think..I was just.."my tongue was already tied, "just taking pills,getting high?"he answered for me,I bit my lips making him nod his head and starts to turn away.
 
"why do you care so much?you only know me for two days.."I said still looking down my feet and my hand grabbing the edge of my skirt, "because you're my friend..I want the best for you..but this is the path you choose..I can't say anything..just ashamed.."he answer still looking back, "ashamed that I didn't reach your expectation?fine!whatever okay?"I said as I walk away.
 
 
 
 
(A/N)
more subscribers please..I'm literally crying here..huhu..