Chapter 1: Unexpected Meetings

I Never Really Loved You From The Start, or did I??

*tak* *tak* *tak* *tak*

the sound of my baby pink stiletto with ribbons and sparkles as it hit the pretty marble floor. I stared at every wall and pillar I pass by and was astonished on how carefully carved and painted they are. I ran hurriedly up the grand stair case and paused half way just to catch my breath.

 

*huff* *huff* *huff* *huff*

 

"How long will it take me just to get there?!" I muttered ,getting frustrated. I've been running around this freakishly large mansion for a while now, unfortunately I always end up entering the wrong room. I feel like I'm in a maze, I'm really getting tired of this.

 

By the end of the staircase, I spotted a hallway."This is it!" I was suddenly filled with hope. You know the feeling when your mom give you a huge bag of gummy bear and you’re like so happy and you just want to bite their heads off one by one. Well, that's what I felt when I saw this huge wooden door by the end of the hallway. Yes, I can actually feel it this is it, the door to heaven! I can hear the angels cheering for me! I can feel myself in slow motion as I reached for the door. I...can make...it!

 

*BLAG!*

 

Okay, I pushed the door maybe a little bit too hard. To much that it swung open and ended up hitting the wall. Making everyone in the room stare at me. "Gosh!" I muttered. I stood there so embarrassed, looking at floor.

 

*ring* *ring*

 

Wow, what a good timing! I took the chance to make an excuse, I raised my head a little bit higher. "Umm...uh... I-I have to take this. Please, carry on." I said confidently, plus on a British accent! BOOM BABY! And I walked hurriedly to the rest room.

 

 

[On the Phone]

 

"Ugh! That was so embarrassing Bom!" I whined.

 

"Haha, for you!" Bom said.

 

"Yes, what a great friend you are Bom. You’re so comforting, I should give you an award to show my gratitude!" I said in an annoyed tone. "Ugh!"

 

"Ahahaha!" she laughed harder. "Mianhe, you know I was just teasing you! Anyway, do you really think they will recognize you, especially when you’re wearing a mask?"

 

"Oh, yah right." I forgot I was wearing this mask. "Everyone is require to wear a mask if he/she is to attend this ball", I repeated the statement that was written on the invitation card.

 

"So... Why are you there again?" Bom asked.

 

"I already told you, I'm here because my parents asked ~wait erase that, my parents 'BEGGED' me to go here and represent the Park family in this particular party", I said "that the one of most important business partner-slash-friend, of my dad, holds."

 

"Oh, right!" Bom replied.

 

*sigh* I sigh in exhaustion upon telling her for the third time. "It must be really important for my parents , come to think of it they literally begged me for this."

 

"Maybe there just busy, that they don't have time that important event." Bom said

 

"Hahaha" I bitterly laughed "they're always busy never had time for every 'important' event."

 

"Hey, cheer up at least I'm here!" Bom tried to cheer me up "and stop frowning you'll just ruin your magnificent gown with that ugly face of yours."

 

"Ahaha! Yah, I'm not ugly" I replied, feeling better.

 

"Whatever, just try to keep that mask stuck on your face for a while and just get out of there" Bom advised "okay?"

 

"Okay" I replied

 

"Yah, I'm in the club right now. The music s kinda loud so maybe let’s talk later"

 

"Sure, wait, Bom thank you"

 

"Yah, love you too" Bom said before saying "bye."

 

*sigh* I looked at myself in the mirror wearing a marvelous turquoise gown, my brown hair with large curly locks that is creatively messed up and my face has the perfect shade of make-up that is covered by a mask that perfectly matches my gown. One thing's missing, so I tried pull a charming smile. There, I'm satisfied on how I look tonight. So I gathered all my courage and walked out the door.

 

I'll try my best not embarrass myself again.

 

So I went to the buffet table to get a drink, but it seems that I can't find the buffet table and ended up in the middle of a lot of people, that are dancing.

 

"Umm… excuse m-" I tried to say.

 

"Aa… can I pass thro-" I tried again.

 

Ugh. I'm getting tired. So I dropped on the floor face-flat and started crawling out of there. "Hah, there's my way out" I muttered, still crawling.

 

Then suddenly * crush!* my eyes widen and I held my breath. That was the time where my mind went blank. I covered my mouth with my left hand, and stopped myself from shouting. "Mwahamphhuuuuumphf!" I started rolling, turning and also tried jumping (still lying on the floor) while flapping my right hand.

 

Have you ever experienced being stabbed by a fork on your hand, and you can't contain all your feelings inside and about to blow up?! That's what I felt when a someone stepped on my hand with a freaken stiletto! Just imagine how torturous it was!

 

My eyes started to get blurry and tears threaten to fall. When someone suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me away from there. He half dragged half carried me to a nearby table and made me sit on the chair. He knelt in front of me and checked my hand, looking at it closely and is trying to figure out what to do.

 

I was still in daze until, he said "Your hand is badly bruised"

 

I was about to answer him 'of course it is, what do you think?!' When I realized that he has this concerned tone in his voice and that caring look in his eyes. On that moment I was totally dumbfounded, 'Is he really concerned about me?' I asked myself. I just stared at him, unable to speak. 'Why do I have this warm and fuzzy feeli-'

 

"Yah, are you even listening?" He said, cutting my train of thoughts "Stay here, I'll just get something to treat your hand." He stood up and hurriedly walked away.

 

When his out of sight, i swiftly stood up and went out of the huge room and found vast balcony that is decorated with tiny little light bulbs and has a great view of the city lights.

 

I can feel the light breeze on my face and exposed shoulder. I leaned forward on the stone railings then my smile fell into a frown when I remembered what Bom said on the phone

 

"Maybe there just busy, that they don't have time that important event." Bom said

 

"Hahaha" I bitterly laughed "they're always busy never had time for every 'important' event." The wind blew harder make strands of my hair fly away from my face. I touched my mask and felt the smooth-glossy surface of it. I was about take it off when.

 

"Yah miss! I told you stay put back there! What a stubborn yeoja!"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MEANWHILE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

[Somewhere: Who-know's POV]

 

*ring* *ring*

 

*pick up* "Yeoboseyo? Who is this?"

 

"Omo, Min-seo. How are you!" She asked~ more like shouting(^∇^)

 

"Seo-yeon?" Min-seo, uncertain. "Yah! Seo-yeon!" She shouted back,

 

"How have you been! I missed you!" Seo-yeon shouted gleefully.

 

"Waah! I never saw you since you went and live in London, so unfair! What happened to the 'together forever' thing we used to say [when we were younger] ?!" She whined like a young girl, that she is not.(≧∇≦)

 

"Haha! We're still together by heart! I just arrived in Seoul an hour ago" Seo-yeon said " wanna meet up, and have some coffee and chitchat?" She asked, really excited to see her bestfriend.

 

"If you insist" Min-seo replied widely smiling. "Yah, save the chitchat for later! How's your son?"

 

"Yeah, I know right?! Your daughter will surely like my son" Seon-yeon assured.

 

"Really! I'll be expecting great thing from that boy of yours!"

 

"Haha, so meet you up tomorrow at cafe break"

 

"Yup, bye."

 

*hung up*

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MEANWHILE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

[In The Club: Bom's POV]

 

"Yah, love you too" said before saying "bye." to Dara.

 

*hung up*

 

"I hope Dara's okay." I mumbled to myself.

 

"Hey miss beautiful, you alone?" A ugly guy, who looks like a horse crossed breaded with a monkey that has an Afro hair, that is a guy and not a horse, asked me (lol). "Wanna join me?"

 

"Umm... No thank you, I'm with my boyfriend" I said.

 

"Are you sure?" Now his trying hard to do this seductive look that seriously creeps me out.

 

A shiver ran down my spine "U-uhhh... I need to go, so bye" I walked away before he could stop me.

 

I walked through the crow towards our table, where my friends are sitting. I sat there searching for my boyfriend. "Uhh... Yurah, have you see-?"

 

"Okay-okay I know your looking your boyfriend" Yurah said "I saw him went to the dance floor, maybe he's there"

 

"Thanks."

 

I stood up started walking to the dance floor and saw him. I was about to approach him until I saw him dancing with this girl. I stood there in daze, someone bumped me that took me back to my senses. The girl held on his neck while his arms go around her waist. Look at them they're so sweet, I placed my hand on his shoulder him around with a little force.

 

"Hey, Maru, is she your friend?" I smiled meaninglessly.

 

"Uhh." He's kind of shock.

 

"So you are close- no wait scratch that, you're too close." I said, still smiling sarcastically.

 

"...I'm sorry..." He just looked away, while the girl fiddled with her hand, looking guilty as ever.

 

"I don't love you anymore" he added looking into my eyes with a blank expression. That moment I knew his telling me the truth.

 

A sharp pang hit my chest, I feel a lump up my throat. I just stared at him, waiting for him take it back. My eyes started to moisten I know it won't take long before tears would start falling, I need to get out here. I looked at the girl and back at him one last time, and walked away.

 

I walked straight to the bar counter. I asked the bartender for a drink, and started drinking.

 

I waited for him, waited for him to come find me and ask me a second chance but he didn't come. My freaken prince didn't come for her freaken princess!

 

Grief was swallowing me inside I can't take this, I mean he was my first boyfriend, he was my first prom dace and my first crush way back in kindergarten. Now, he just goes running around cheating on me. Like, how dare he!

 

I asked the bartender for a couple more glass, and drank them. I'll show you what you’re looking for. "I'll make you regret you ever cheated on me, Maru." I said with a stoic face.

 

"You" I said to the bartender "give me a glass of Piña Colada." My head is aching big time and my vision is spinning. I tried to focus my vision at my ring on my finger.

 

"Uhh... Miss I think your already drunk" the bartender said.

 

I slowly turned my head and faced him with a serious face. "I don't care about what you think!" I shouted that made him flinch a little and made him obliged to my order.

 

I raked my fingers through my artfully messed up hair removing strands from my face. The bartender placed the cocktail on the counter, I handed money to him "Keep the change." I said to the bartender not looking at him.

 

The bartender bowed.

 

I reached for the glass before walking away.