Ch 6

Dimension Disaster

 

'Aunty, may I come in?' Gillian asked politely. With a mournful expression on her face, Charlene's mother nodded. Both Aaron and Gillian knew how Charlene's mother felt. Afterall, the case had only happened a few days ago. Furthermore, there was still no progress on Charlene's case. As Charlene's mother waved them in, Aaron and Gillian made their way to Charlene's room.  Aaron's eyes were furiously at work, even as they took their first step into the house. Those eyes of his looked all around for possible clues but to no avail.
'Hopefully, there'll be more clues in Charlene's room,' Aaron thought to himself. Entering Charlene's room, Aaron saw that it was in a mess, not seemingly having been touched at all for the last few days.
'They didn't tidy her room?' Aaron asked Gillian.
'No, in case the police are able to find further clues,' Gillian answered.
'It was really like this when first discovered?' Aaron questioned. Gillian nodded, a questioning look on her face only o see Aaron's brows furrow in thought. The minute Aaron had glanced around Charlene's room, he knew something was wrong. The room was messy, too messy. Books lay strewn on the floor, shoved off the bookshelves they had once stood proudly on. Stationary, stufftoys and every possible thing Charlene owned was all over the place, suggesting that a struggle had taken place, a struggle that was not at the least effort kept minimum. Suspicion aroused in Aaron as he was aware that an average kidnapper would not leave the scene of crime in such a mess, would not kidnap their victim so clumsily with so little preparation for fear of leaving clues behind. No. A normal kidnapper who feared capture would carry out his or her act cleanly, neatly and would not be so bold as to kidnap their victim directly from his or her house. Unless...the kidnappers did not fear capture? But how was that possible unless...they came from Xiao Yu's dimension...That would explain many things. It would explain their boldness in kidnapping Charlene directly from her house and them leaving the scene in such a mess. Because they could not care less. They knew that none could do anything about the kidnap, at least not the authorities of his dimension. And they were right. For how was it possible for the authorities to travel through the eternal space between dimensions? Aaron turned to face Gillian.
'Can I...be here alone for a while?' he asked in a soft voice, his tone serious. Gillian nodded. Even though she thought it weird for Aaron to miss Charlene so much even though they had only known each other for a few weeks, she was glad that he did miss her. She smiled and closed the door behind her on her way out. Seeing that he was alone, Aaron put on the gloves that he had brought along with him before once again scanning Charlene's room.
'Where should I start?' he asked himself before squatting on the floor to take a closer look at the books scattered all over the floor in an unfashionable way. Picking up the books, he read their titles aloud. 
" 'Kung Fu forever', 'Martial Arts Syndicate', 'Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre', 'The Proud Twins'. So she likes Chinese Martial Arts," he thought, smiling to himself. Standing up, he walked around the room, examining every single corner of it. Finally, he reached the window which the kidnapper/s had entered by. It had been pried open. Aaron examined it closely. The windowsill was chipped  and...there was a foreign substance, one he had never seen with his own two eyes before. It was green and as Aaron pinched it between his forefinger and thumb, he felt that it was slimy as well. That was all the prove he needed. All the prove he needed to know that  demons had been in the room. Not only had they been in the room, they had kidnapped Charlene.
--------------------
'How is the transformation going?'
'Smoothly. We're almost done. After that all we have to do is train her.'
'She's not resisting?
'She doesn't have the power to. Her powers have not been released yet so it is possible for her to resist. But once her powers are released, she'll be powerful beyond imagination.'
'Good, good. You can go now.'
The man bowed before leaving the great hall. 
--------------------
'Xiao Yu! Xiao Yu!' Aaron was starting to panic now. Xiao Yu was just not answering! 
'Aaron?' Finally. Xiao Yu had finally answered.
'What took you so long?' he asked impatiently. Just as the last words came out of his mouth, an image played itself in his mind's eye. The image was of Ah Sa and Xiao Yu...in a heated session of making out. 
'Oh...' a mischievous smile played on Aaron's lips. ' You were...busy, busy...playing the tongue game.'
'Wei!' Xiao Yu exclaimed, blushing beyond belief.
'Okay, okay. Back to serious stuff. I went to Charlene's house and made...discoveries.'
'What discoveries?' Xiao Yu enquired. 
'Charlene likes Chinese Martial Arts,' Aaron replied. Xiao Yu rolled his eyes. 
'That is not important!' he shouted in irritation.
'Okay, okay. I found a green, slimy substance on the windowsill. You know the sort that only demons excrete? And um...demons...your dimension...make the link. But would demons want with Charlene?' Aaron asked. 
He had been pondering over this question before contacting Xiao Yu  and yet he could not figure out a possible answer. Charlene was a normal girl and they were demons from another dimension. How did that click? 
'Charlene is not a normal girl.' Xiao Yu had read his mind again. 'She's Ah Sa just like you are me. In that way, she is special because being Ah Sa means that she had powers. Perhaps, that's why they want her. Also, remember I was telling you and Charlene to come over to our dimension to fight the demon here?'
'Yeah.....'
'Well, they might have captured her to ensure that this plan of ours fail...' Xiao Yu explained.
'Then...how do we save her?' Hearing what Xiao Yu had to say, Aaron was getting more and more worried. 
'Right now, I don't know. Aaron, come down to my dimension as soon as possible. That way we will have more resources to save Charlene and defeat the demon. Go to the school along the old road. One portal to our dimension is located there. Once you locate it, use your powers to penetrate through the forcefield surrounding it. I'll meet you on the other side,' Xiao Yu instructed. 
'Okay. Wait a second. What do you mean by use my powers?' Aaron asked, confused.
'Your powers have already been released.'
'Since when?'
'Since I visited you when we were just kids. You were injured. Therefore, I used my powers to heal you, releasing your powers in the process,' Xiao Yu explained.
'Oh...then, how do I use them?' a partially enlightened Aaron asked. 
'Let it come naturally and just FEEL your powers flow out of you.'
'Woah.' That sounded weird. Come naturally? Feel? Um...How did you do that?
----------------------------