Sehun's Sanity

Troublemaker

Back at your old high school, you never had troubles with transportation. Even though you lived further away, nothing had ever happened to make it a pain in the . The buses always drove smoothly; never missing a single bus even with your luck. You would occassionaly arrive late but it was never because of the bus.

But right now, you wanted to die.

You woke up to the loud, banging noises of a machine which was part of the construction site across the street. Because of the construction, you couldn't take the simple walking route you usually took. You had to make a GIANT detour around the building which lead to one of the busy streets. Cars stayed stationary as the morning traffic blocked up the roads. You were calmly walking to school, with no worries, when a giant truck puffed out dark smoke right in your direction as it tried start up. You moved out of the way but the damage was done. The darkness of the cloud of smoke dirted your skin and hair, making it seem like you rolled in a batch of dirt. It also went up your nose and mouth, making you cough every few minutes. 

But that's not all.

As you were walking towards the gate, a bus nearby drove too fast into a puddle which caused it to go flying all over your skirt and shoes; making them wet and dirty. Your white socks were now brown.

The only thing you could do was drag your feet to your locker and change quickly into your gym clothes.

You left the bathroom, now fully changed and partly clean, and tied your hair up in a bun. You made your way to class as students stared at your form.

"Why did she come to school so dirty?"

"Look at her. She doesn't even have the decency to clean herself."

"What a pig."

You ignore the comments whispered around you as you walk into class and sit down in your usual spot. The boys still haven't arrived out. *Either that or they aren't coming to class at all.*

With a sigh, you lay your head down on your desk and wait for class to start.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Just like you predicted, the boys hadn't shown up to class. You spent most of your morning in silence, taking notes down and minding your own business. Lunch finally came which made you rush out of your seat and out the door. You walk to your locker and open it only to be overwhelmed with the smell of wetness and dirt.

"Ah this smells horrible." you say blocking your nose with your hand. You quickly grab your pile of clothes and throw them in your bag, not caring that it might stain your bag. You make your way to the front desk.

"Excuse me?" you ask the secretary who was busy typing on the computer, "Is there a place to wash clothes here?"

The secretary looks up at you and scans you from hear to toe. "Why do you ask?"

"My uniform got dirty and it's starting to smell."

She scrunches up her nose in disgust before pointing to a door a couple of feet away. "Go through there. There's a washing machine and dryer."

You thank her and head towards the door. You quickly close the door behind you and start preparing the washer. You throw your dirty cleans in and start it. You sit down on the floor and take out your lunch. *No point in leaving just yet."

You silently munch on your lunch and wait for the washer to be finished.

Just as you finish half of your rice, your feel your phone vibrate in your pocket. You reach for it and open it to a text message from Sehun.

Where the hell are you? -Sehun

Confused, you quickly answer back. 

In some room, washing my clothes. Where the heck were you?!

You wait for an answer but it never came. Shrugging it off, you put your phone away just as the door opens, revealing Sehun.

"Why are you washing your clothes?" he asks with the same blank expression he always has.

You stare at him for a couple minutes. ".....How did you find me?"

He sighs before shutting the door behind him and sitting beside you. "We often have to come here and wash our clothes too."

"Why?"

"Some of our fights get rough and we end up with dirt and mud on them. Sometimes blood."

Your jaw drops. "You fight in school?! Are you all insane?!"

He shrugs. "The school has tried to stop us but they gave up long ago."

"That doesn't really answer my question...."

Ignoring you, Sehun stares at the washing machine. "Why are you washing your clothes?"

You sigh and take a bite of your rice. "I got it dirty. Plus it was starting to smell. I couldn't just leave it there."

Sehun nods, keeping his eyes on the washing machine. Neither of you talk as you eat your food and Sehun keeps watching the washing machine.

Suddenly, he turns to you. He looks at you with a slight glare in his eyes as he tries to figure out his thoughts. *I don't get it. She's nothing special yet she keeps popping into my head.*

The past few days, he had dreams that involved you. Nothing too special. Just dreams of you and him hanging out, talking about anything. He couldn't remember what you were both talking about but all he knew was he felt happy. 

You stare back at him with a frown. *What's his problem?*

"Hello!" you wave a hand infront of his face, "Earth to Sehun!"

He snaps out of his daze but not changing his expression. He stays quiet a bit longer before asking, "You're human right?"

"Excuse me?"

"You're not some sort of alien thing right? You're human." he asks with a serious face.

Slightly worried for Sehun's sanity, you answer him. "Um yes..."

"Hmmm good."

He turns his attention back to the washing machine just as it beeps, signaling that the load is done. "Continue eating. I'll put your clothes in the dryer." 

He gets up and walks over to the washing machine. Your eyes never leaving his form, you absentmindly take a bite of your rice. *Such a strange, strange boy.*

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~