Recipe #4: Kalbi

Food For Thought
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Umm, Kyungsoo?”

 

“Oh, hey Baekhyun-hyung! What’s up?”
 


Baekhyun walks up to the doe-eyed boy, box of cookies in hand. He doesn’t seem to feel as awkward anymore around Kyungsoo, probably because he knew deep down that his feelings belong to a certain giraffe and not the shorter one. In fact, he wasn’t even planning on giving the cookies to Kyungsoo anymore. He just wanted to share the rest with Chanyeol, but the taller male was nowhere to be found (funny, right? Considering that giant sticks out anywhere like a sore thumb)

 

“Umm…well you see, I have these cookies here and I was wondering if you could give them to Chanyeol during Home Ec.? I haven’t seen him all day and he…umm…left them at my place last night.” Baekhyun’s mind replays what happened last night over and over again and turns a bright shade of red as the image of Chanyeol’s lips flood his mind.

 

“Oh, sure thing! They look delicious!” The shorter male exclaims as he takes the container from Baekhyun, who at this point is looking down to hide his face. “I gotta get to class now so I’ll see you later! By the way, we should hang out sometime soon!”

 

“Uhh, yeah sur--” Baekhyun looks up to find that Kyungsoo was already on his way to class before he could finish. He slumps against the lockers and thinks to himself for a bit before heading off to class. ‘How long has Chanyeol liked me?’

 

To: Yeollie~~ (1:13pm)

Yeollie, are we walking home together after school?

 

To: Yeollie~~ (1:32pm)

Hey giraffe…is everything okay?

 

To: Yeollie~~ (1:58pm)

Yeol, can you reply please? You’re worrying me…

 

To: Yeollie~~ (2:47pm)

PARK CHANYEOL I’M BEING ABDUCTED BY ALIENS! HELP! HELP! HELP! Please just reply and tell me you’re okay Yeollie. Please? ):

 

The end of the day comes and as Baekhyun is about to leave school for the day, realizing that Chanyeol probably isn’t replying on purpose, he catches a glimpse of the giant walking towards his locker. Baekhyun hides around a corner thinking that Chanyeol would run away like a wild Entei if he even caught a glimpse of the shorter boy in his peripheral vision. He squints to see Chanyeol taking his books out of his locker followed by a box. Not just any box, but Baekhyun’s box of cookies. The giant looks at the box for what seems to be an eternity while biting his lower lip, before sighing and shoving the box into his bag. He closes his eyes, inhales, exhales, and walks towards the side exit slumping.

 

------

 

Two weeks pass and Baekhyun is about to go insane. He’s been hanging out with Kyungsoo a lot and each time they meet up, he realizes more and more that he definitely doesn’t like the doe-eyed boy in that way anymore. Over the course of their hang outs, they’ve gotten quite close and Baekhyun ended up telling him everything that happened that led them here, from him originally liking Kyungsoo, to Chanyeol becoming his guinea pig. The plot twist came when Kyungsoo revealed that he had feelings for Baekhyun too, after the brunette had been moping to him every time they hung out about the super rare wild giraffe Pokémon that keeps running away from him and that doesn’t reply to any of his texts, but understood completely that Baekhyun only has Chanyeol in his heart. He also gives some food for Kyungsoo to bring to Chanyeol from time to time. His cooking has definitely improved since that day and hearing of how good his food was from Kyungsoo had Baekhyun thinking of trying his hand at making the giant’s favorite food, Kalbi. The only problem is getting the giant to know that Baekhyun wants to make dinner for him. After what Kyungsoo thinks is the millionth day of Baekhyun’s moping around, he’s had it. After Home Ec. class, he grabs the giant and brings him to an empty staircase. Chanyeol sees that the short male doesn’t seem to be in the mood for taking from anyone, so he quietly and reluctantly follows.

 

“OKAY CHANYEOL, I’VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH LISTENING TO YOUR BOYFRIEND’S RANTS ABOUT WHY YOU’RE AVOIDIN

Please log in to read the full chapter