Recipe #3: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Food For Thought
Please log in to read the full chapter

The rest of the school day passed by miraculously quickly for Baekhyun and before he knew it, he was at the market with the giant. This outing took much faster than the last one since Chanyeol knew exactly what he needed to get and didn’t have to go through every aisle more than once. On the way home, Baekhyun made them stop at a gift shop and bought the giant one of those monkey plushies that can cling on to you, as a way of saying thanks for always helping him.

 

By the time they had gotten back to Baekhyun’s place, Chanyeol explained that they were going to make cookies and he would let the smaller boy do the mixing of both the dry and wet ingredients.

 

“Now, young grasshopper Baekkie, you have to make sure that you don’t under-mix or over-mix the ingredients. Under-mixing will make the cookies lumpy and over-mixing will make them mushy. We want soft and plump and perfect!” The younger explained, as his description of the perfect cookies caused Baekhyun to drop his gaze down to Chanyeol’s lips, cheeks flushing in the process.

 

Chanyeol measured most of the things out and let Baekhyun do the rest, like adding in the chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts to his liking (even though they were meant for someone else). When all the ingredients were added, Baekhyun stared at the two bowls in front of him before looking up to the giant.

 

“Uhh…so…do I just…grab a handful from each bowl and…pack them together?” The elder asks with a literally puzzled look on his face.

 

“Hahahaha are you serious?!” The younger’s deep laugh booming across the apartment as he pinches the elder’s cheek. “You’re supposed to put them together and mix them! Young Jedi, you have much to learn.” The giant teased feigning disappointment.

 

Baekhyun remembered what Chanyeol had explained and carefully mixed the contents of the two bowls together, trying not to go insane as his heart began jumping around his chest when the giraffe decided to rest his chin on the shorter one’s shoulder. After sending his heart flying through his chest, Baekhyun excused himself and let Chanyeol finish the mixing, while he made a beeline to the bathroom to try to calm himself down. Seriously, why was he feeling like this? It’s not like the giant wasn’t being his usual self. He couldn’t have developed feelings for th—NAWWWWW…there’s NO way…right? It seems as though he spent quite some time trying to calm himself down since the giant came knocking on the door, causing Baekhyun to lose all sense of calm and go right back to being nervous as he opened the door.

 

“Are you okay Baekkie? You took really long so I wanted to make sure you were okay. Did you have a big poop or something?” Chanyeol chuckles out, which made Baekhyun scrunch his face and smack the giant while mumbling how gross he was before being dragged towards the kitchen. As they moved closer to the kitchen, Baekhyun couldn’t help but smell something delightful coming from it and was snapped out of his senses when he heard a long beep coming from the oven.

 

“They’re done! Lets take a look at your hard work shall we?” The taller beamed with excitement.

 

“Sure…but don’t let me take all the credit you doof! You did so much too!” Baekhyun points out while playfully punching the giant’s arm. He then has a concerned look to his face and Chanyeol seems to have taken notice as he places the tray of cookies on the counter, “So uhh…should we…try them?”

 

“Yeah! Lets! They s

Please log in to read the full chapter