Recipe #1: Kimbap

Food For Thought
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hey Tiny Boy!” Chanyeol yelled out as Baekhyun got out of the elevator of his apartment. The shorter boy scoffed.

 

“Just because I’m short doesn’t mean I’m tiny! Maybe it’s cause you’re just freakishly tall you giraffe! And don’t forget I’m older than you!” The elder playfully lectured and stuck his tongue out.

 

“Yeah yeah, we’ll see after I take you down with ease and have you pinned down to the ground. Oh, what’s in the containers?” Chanyeol asks with a curious look on his face.

 

Baekhyun immediately turns red. Why was he even thinking about Chanyeol pinning him down? And more importantly, why is it making him turn red and warm? It wasn’t until he settled his thoughts and heard the giraffe’s question that made him turn red all over again. ‘Stupid weekend’ he thought to himself.

 

------FLASHBACK------

 

>> Google Search: how to make kimbap

 

>> How to Make Kimbap | Serious Eats

 

“…”

 

Baekhyun lets out a sigh. As soon as he got home, he searched up some of the easier recipes he could potentially make for Kyungsoo. He had decided on kimbap, which didn’t involve much cooking since most of the ingredients can be bought cooked.

 

>> Google Search: how do you julienne

 

>> Google Search: how do you blanch

 

>> Google Search: how do you sauté

 

>> Google Search: how do you cook rice

 

An hour of googling and endless sighs later, Baekhyun jotted down the list of ingredients and things he would have to buy tomorrow. He looked at the list and realized he could use some help, just in case he totally messes up, which he’s totally sure he will. He grabs his phone and sends a mass text to a few of his friends, hoping at least one of them is free this weekend.

 

To: Kim Joonmyun, Oh Sehun, Kim Taeyeon, Lu Han, Park Chanyeol

Umm, are you by any chance free tomorrow to help me out with some stuff around 11am? I’ll treat you to dinner in return!

 

From: Kim Joonmyun

Can’t, sorry! Test to study for this weekend!

 

From: Oh Sehun

lulu and i are having lunch with my parents tmrw, sry~ btw, did you just mass text a bunch of ppl hoping some1 says yes? lol lulu and i are not impressed >.>

 

From: Kim Taeyeon

Sorry kiddo ): Girls day out tomorrow~ 1TYM @ OUTLAB! NOT MISSING THIS FOR THE WORLD!~~ :D

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Home ec quiz on mon. Gonna try 2 study for it :S

 

“WHY IS EVERYONE BUSY WHEN I NEED THEM MOST?!” Baekhyun flops on his bed in defeat before one last message alert appeared on his phone.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Wait…u said u’d treat me to dinner? Do I get 2 pick nything I want? :D

 

To: Park Chanyeol

Of course I’d let you pick anything you want you derp! I’ll even treat you to patbingsu afterwards! Please just help me! ><”

 

He pauses and thinks for a second. ‘When did Chanyeol get such special treatment from me? When did money not become an issue when it came to Chanyeol? WHY DID I JUST SOUND SO DESPERATE JUST NOW?!’ Another alert brought him back to reality.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Ooooooh u kno how 2 make a krn boy happy! :D how did u kno I like patbingsu so much? Hehe r u stalking me or something? ;) neways imma study as much as I can now. I’ll c u tmr QT 3.14159 <3

 

He’s lucky no one else is in his apartment so no one could see how red and warm he got after reading that last text. Deciphering that last part made him even redder than he already was (yeah, he’s slow at processing references, shut up) and at that point, trying to focus was beyond comprehension. He decided to just call it a night and calm down before tomorrow, not trying to conclude what was making him more nervous: Cooking for Kyungsoo, or going out with that giraffe (wait, why was that even a possibility?!).

 

------

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol spent a little over an hour and a half at the grocery store, going through every aisle twice and triple checking that everything had been bought. He was lucky that he was able to buy already prepared meat since that was what he thought was gonna give him the hardest time. He just needed to cook the rice and the vegetables. Doesn’t sound too hard, right? As he was in line for the check out, Chanyeol had finally asked him the question he had been expecting all day.

 

“So…what is all this for? Looks like stuff for kimbap. Are you making me kimbap?” The taller one playfully interrogated, looking excited at the possibility that he was going to get more food than originally promised.

 

“Dream on derp! And don’t worry about it. Doesn’t have anything to do with you.” Baekhyun scoffs and smacks the younger boy’s arm. Chanyeol’s smile turned into a pout before being smacked again by Baekhyun.

 

“Yah…I’m still buying you food. And I’ll get you a large patbingsu. Don’t be sad, okay?” Baekhyun felt really guilty after seeing the pout for some reason, but that all disappeared when the message of a large patbingsu registered in the giant’s brain and his massive eye-twitching smile came back.

 

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Baek! I’m expecting a large patbingsu now!” Chanyeol teases while reaching for the last of the items in the basket. Not

Please log in to read the full chapter