Recipe #2: Bibimbap

Food For Thought
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun stands face to face with the café where, just a few weeks ago, he had embarrassed himself to Chanyeol with his…umm…regal…eating habits. The best part about this? It was the giraffe himself who texted him to come. He was pretty sure that Chanyeol just wanted to laugh at his mac and cheese addiction again, but how does that explain him actually coming here on his own accord? He looks down at his phone again, and the text message that prompted him to come.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Heyheyhey baekkkk come 2 the café afterskool! the mac/cheese one lol DKM Have a surprise for uuuuu :D :D :D

 

Gripping his phone a little tighter, he sighs and prepares himself for the worst, before walking in. The giraffe is impossible to miss, being so insanely tall. Except he didn’t notice the other person sitting across from Chanyeol since he was being covered until he walked right up to the table and his jaw dropped at who he saw.

 

“K-k-k-k-k-k…” Was all he could really muster out since he was on the edge of falling into a pit of embarrassment and feels.

 

“Oh hey Baek! You made it! Come sit. I got your favorite peach tea!” The giant tugs at his arm and makes him sit next to him before greeting him with a one-arm hug. Baekhyun is beyond nervous and can only try to hide it by looking down into his cup as he drinks his tea.

 

A few minutes of Baekhyun being silent and Chanyeol and Kyungsoo talking to each other passes before Chanyeol gets up from his seat, eye-twitching smile ever as apparent.

 

“I gotta go pee,” He says bluntly. “And then maybe I’ll go get some mac and cheese.” He enunciates the last three words a lot more than the rest of his sentence and causes Baekhyun to almost choke on his drink before turning red and sending Chanyeol the equivalent of 30 death glares. Chanyeol fills the café with his infectious laughter as he ruffles Baekhyun’s hair before leaving. It takes Baekhyun a few minutes to realize what just happened…well, a few minutes and someone calling him.

 

“Uhh, Baekhyun-hyung?” Kyungsoo calls for the umpteenth time.

 

“Huh? O-Oh…Sorry K-K-Kyungsoo. I spaced out.” Baekhyun points out the obvious while scratching the back of his neck. “Umm…uhh…so…how’s school going? Are…you…liking BWCW?” He slowly mumbles out.

 

“Oh yeah! The people are really nice! Like you, even though you seem like you’re terrified of me or something. And Chanyeol-hyung is really nice too! He’s a really good friend! You seem like you’re really close to him” The doe eyed boy said shyly, sending a rush of warmth up Baekhyun’s spine.

 

They continue making guy-in-an-elevator small talk for some time with most of the subjects centering on school, but always seem to fall back to the giant somehow, who, by the way, still hasn't returned from his bathroom escapade.

 

“You’re lucky to have someone as caring as him!” Kyungsoo exclaims happily, causing Baekhyun to blush and scratch the back of his neck.

 

“Aha, yeah. Speaking of the giraffe, where is he?” Baekhyun looks around the café and still not a Chanyeol in sight. What he does see is one of the servers coming to his table with a takeout container in one hand and a note in the other.

“Baekhyun? This was ordered for you.” The server said while holding up the container. He sets it on the table along with the note, and Baekhyun quickly grabbed the piece of paper, reading it. He was definitely going to kill the giant after this.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun-hyung? Sorry but I gotta head out. My parents are expecting me for dinner, but we should hang out again. I’ll see you soon okay? Bye!!” The doe-eyed boy flashed a squishy smile before leaving Baekhyun who was stuck fanboying over that smile.

 

‘OH MY GOD HE WANTS TO HANG OUT WITH ME AGAIN!’ He inwardly screams to himself, yet for some reason, he’s not as excited as he would’ve been a few days ago, but who cares? DO. KYUNGSOO. WANTS. TO. HANG. OUT. AGAIN.

 

He leaves the café a little later thinking of what to make Kyungsoo next. Unfortunately he doesn’t hav

Please log in to read the full chapter