- two

Messing With The Wrong Person [HIATUS]

Soon after Jongdae, Kai, and Kyungsoo left, Kris had sent one of his men to follow before they headed out towards their next destination. Why is Kris keeping tabs on Jongdae? Well, Kris is also questioning the CEO’s ual orientation.

Kris stepped out of his car and slowly pushed his sunglasses down to look at the club sign. He chuckled and walked closer so he was in front of the club.

A gay bar? Tch, this is going to be interesting.

Kris opened the door and stepped into an abyss filled with gay men grinding against each other or taking shots at the bar. The smell was filled with strong alcohol, sweat, and stripper glitter. Kris maneuvered himself towards the bar and saw the lady his men had told him about. He walked around the bar and went up to it to see a nice lady within her early twenties. Kris discreetly sat down and called her over.

Maybe Chen will stop being a prick if I help him find a girlfriend.

"What would you like, sir?" Mari asked Kris with her breathtaking smile.

"Cola and your number." Kris eyed her with full interest.

She tilted her head in confusion. "Why my number?" she questioned as she pulled out his drink from underneath the table.

Kris opened the drink and drank half of it before replying to her.

"I have a friend who's looking for a secretary. He's average in height, has colored hair, has snake like eyes and is very playful." Kris looked down and laughed at how he described his best friend. "You up for the offer?" Kris added in while looking up into her eyes of interest.

(stripper glitter : After receiving a , the stripper's scent, make-up, and glitter will all
transfer to your clothes and body. Impossible to remove within 24 hours)

 

It was two in the morning and that meant closing time. There were only two workers who were able to clean up the place and destroy the strong fumes. The two bartenders never bothered each other nor did they ever talk to each other. They had no sort of communication whatsoever. Their communication was only fixated upon working hours.

Mari grabbed a rag from the counter and slowly wiped down the tables with the male bartender whose name was Kibum or also known as Key. They went their own ways, but Key decided to stay close because he felt that something was wrong. He slowly sprayed the table in front of him and wiped it down while looking at Mari who was in deep thought.

I wonder what's on her mind.

Key cocked his head to the left and examined her facial features. He raised an eyebrow and noticed that she was jittery and trying not to take a single breath. The atmosphere was awkward and tense, so Key decided to go beyond the borders and talk to Mari for real.

“Hey, Mari?” Key called out her name.

Mari lifted her head and pushed her bangs out of her face. “Yeah, Kibum?” Mari replied with an uneasy smile on her face.

“Are you tired? You can go home if you want.” Key suggested, worried that she might have a mental breakdown or something that he couldn’t handle.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, Kibu—”

“Key.” Key laughed at Mari’s expression since he forbid her to never use that name when they had first met. “It’s fine. I just want to get comfortable with you; since you look like you’re in some kind of troubled situation.” Key confessed with his boyish grin.

Mari slowly shook her head as a sigh escaped her lips. Key raised his eyebrow and chuckled.

“If you don’t want to then at least have drink to help yourself.” he suggested, flashing a small smile that made Mari slowly shake her head.

“I forgot…” he laughed silently and continued to wipe the tables. “You don’t drink yet you chose to work in a bar.” he laughed hysterically, teasing her.

“Shut up!” Mari shouted frustratedly, but Key kept laughing until a wet and dirty rag came his way and landed on his neck.

“What the heck?!” he exclaimed as he threw it back at her.

“Stop making fun of me!” Mari sadly said.

Key softened and watched her expressions change quickly. He walked over to her and put his arm around her shoulder. She tensed up from his touch as she slowly looked up into his dark eyes. He smiled and patted her shoulder.

“Go home.” he ordered harshly.

Mari’s eyes widened as she frowned while heading to the back of the club where the locker room was at. She changed out of her dress shirt and frowned again. The shirt reminded her of her first encounter with the one and only; Kim Jongdae. She hugged the shirt and sighed.

Wait, I don’t like him. I like his clothes.

Mari quickly reminded herself by patting her head several times to get the information in. Then, she remembered the tall and handsome man that offered her a job at his friends company. At first, she thought that he was starting to hit on her, but instead he was offering a job better than the club. Another sigh escaped her lips as she ran her fingers through her sleek black hair.

Mari escaped through the back door and headed to the bus stop. Surprisingly, the buses were still running and there were very few people out on the streets. She patiently waited for the bus while rocking back and forth on her heels.

The bus came as she set off towards her small apartment that wasn’t even ten minutes away from Machen. Mari slid her key through the opening and opened the door wide open to let fresh air enter her apartment. She then set off towards the bathroom to remove her make-up and get into comfortable clothing.

That was all for Mari to fall asleep. She soon was met with slumber and was sent off to dreamland.

 

It was one in the morning and Jongdae was hastily pacing around in his room, thinking about the things he did today. He put his hands in his hair and pulled softly on his brown locks. He groaned and closed his eyes, leading himself towards his comfy bed.

Jongdae lay there as he looked up at the ceiling. It was white and it immediately made Jongdae’s mind blank. He slowly closed his eyes and patted his chest.

He was wearing his favorite silky Chanel pajamas that his Mother had gotten him when he had graduated high school. There was a comfortable silence in the room as Jongdae had thoughts roaming around in his head.

“Why do I keep thinking of her?” Jongdae muttered. He grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly as he rested his bottom at the end of the bed.

“It’s obvious that she’s fond of me. I mean, I’m Kim Jongdae!” Jongdae tried giving himself some encouragement, but instead he grunted as he fell back on his bed.

“I see the girl once and this is how she makes me feel?” Jongdae’s hands roamed around his chest. He could definitely feel his heart beating quickly.

Jongdae sighed and closed his eyes. He was trying to escape to dreamland, but he ended up waking up because of Mari. He pulled his hair roughly and yelped in pain, but it was worth it. He needed some way to relieve himself. Jongdae threw the pillow against the wall. He climbed underneath the covers to get comfortable.

What if she thinks I’m a stuck up snob? W-Wait! Why do I care? I don’t like her. Nooo! Kim Jongdae you better get yourself together you selfish prick!

Jongdae mercilessly slapped himself. He grabbed his cheek and rubbed it to get the pain away.

Remember, Jongdae. Stay Jongdae and never become someone else. Do not fall in love. Just try, okay? No matter how pretty she is! Just keep trying to block her out of your thoughts!

“Get out of my head, Jang Mari!” Jongdae yelled into his pillow, pouring his feelings out by yelling.

Mrs. Kim walked by his room and heard yelling. She chuckled and swiftly headed to her room to avoid Jongdae’s yelling.

He’ll stop yelling in an hour or so, I guess.

Mrs. Kim closed her eyes and went to sleep, as for Jongdae…

Jongdae had not gotten a wink of sleep. He was sure he was going to be extra cranky tomorrow morning.

Mari, get out of my head or I’ll drop kick you to China.

Jongdae faked cried while tossing and turning multiple times. He closed his eyes the nth time and made sure that he wasn’t even going to open them until he at least got a blink of sleep.

There she was.

She was walking towards him in black skinny jeans and an attractive blazer that hugged her waist, showing her s-line. He gulped and watched her smirk.

I better not have a ing wet dream or I am going to kill someone.

Jongdae tried opening his eyes, but it didn’t work. He wanted to stop dreaming.

I don’t like Mari! Get away, you pretty bartender!

Jongdae threw one of his pillows at the wall in shock because of his weird dream.

I swore that almost turned a bit .

Jongdae scowled and immediately went to sleep so he could get to work early for tomorrow because of a certain OTP named…

coughcoughkaisoocoughcough

...had gotten him no hours at work.

Jongdae took deep breaths as he soon fell fast asleep.

 

Jongdae eyed the models up and down. They weren’t much to him and even his dickhead of a friend volunteered to model. He even had the nerve to say he was going to bring his stupid stuffed animal; Ace. Jongdae patiently waited for the last model to come in and that was indeed, Kris Wu.

Kris strutted in full of sass. Jongdae rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. He looked at his watch and Kris was a few minutes late.

Fashionably late, huh?

"What in the name of Machen is that?" Chen snarled, pointing at the orange looking hat on the leaders head.

"It's a new trend in Europe." Kris spat back, readjusting the beret and smirking at the row of models that were flustered over his handsome features.

"Are we in Europe?" He snapped back, snapping his fingers for his morning coffee.

His assistant quickly ran over with the coffee, spilling some on the floor, but luckily Jongdae had not seen it. Kris took a glance at the coffee and on the cup there were English letters that said ‘Dancing Machine’.

"Nice name." Kris chided, before chuckling and petting his son, Ace.

"Suits me well huh?"

Dancing machine.

Chen looked up, seeing the smirk on his face before snatching the hat off his head and throwing it at hard as he could into his assistants coffee.

"Get out of my face before I make you eat that hideous thing."

The model like man ran his hand through his hair before winking at the assistant who was currently crying over her ruined coffee.

"Are you jealous that I got Mari's number and you didn't?"

Chen huffed and busied himself with some new up and coming designs for a new line.

"You know... If you wanted it that bad... You could've just asked-"

Kris didn't even finish his sentence before he ran out of the building just as the coffee sodden hat was flung in his direction.

Snickers could be heard around the entire top floor of Machen, before it was silenced by the sobbing - now fired - assistant eating the hideous and quite dirty, orange hat.

Jongdae sighed loudly before kicking down a stack of boxes that were filled with fabric.

Is she really that easy?

 

Mari took deep breaths and stared at her phone. She had typed the number in, but was hesitating whether or not she really wanted the job. She didn’t even know what she was in for. Her thumb hovered over the call button and her other thumb hovered over the home button. There was complete silence as she tried to make up her mind.

It was too overwhelming and hard to figure out if she wanted to do it. She hadn’t even asked the man how much her salary was going to be.

By accident, she clicked the call button as she fell down on her back on her bed.

“Hello?”

Mari immediately shot up and covered .

Holy crap! I didn’t mean to press call!

She hit her head several times as she mentally called herself a dummy. A few deep breaths were released as she pressed the phone to her ear.

“H-Hey, this the girl from the gay bar.” Mari stated nervously, in fear that he wouldn’t remember her name.

“Oh! Jang Mari, right? I was talking to my friend about you. He seems really interested.” Kris lied, forcing to hide his laugh.

“Ah, yes. I wanted to know if I could have the address, so I can apply.” she softly spoke with her eyes closed.

“Sure. Just go to 25th street and there should be a 5 story building on the right of the bus stop. There will be a huge sign that says ‘Machen’.” Kris explained.

Mari grabbed paper and quickly wrote it down in case she were to forget, but she stopped after hearing that special name.

“M-Machen? I’m working for Kim Jongdae?” Mari asked in disbelief.

“Yeah. I don’t think you’ll have a problem with him. All you have to do is watch his temper, so he doesn’t end up firing you.” Kris stated as if it was easy.

There was silence over the phone as she gulped from being too nervous. She blinked a couple of times and tried to regain reality.

This is not happening.

“May I ask you what your name is and what your position in Machen is?” she asked as she fidgeted with her fingers.

“My name is Kris and I like to say I’m the co-founder of Machen, but I’m also labeled as the Chief Operating Officer. It’s a mouthful, so I just say co-founder.” Kris curtly explained.

“Ohh, okay. Well, I’ll be there I guess?” Mari cocked her head to the left because she didn’t know if she really wanted to be treated horribly by the Kim Jongdae.

“You don’t sound so sure.”

“I’m sure, bye.” Mari hung up quickly and threw her phone on the pillow beside her.

That means I need to dress prettily and such. Oh no… He’s definitely going to judge me!

Jongdae descended down the stairs slowly, seeing a woman open a door to his office. He rolled his eyes and proceeded towards his office. He roughly opened the door and a familiar young woman was standing in the middle of his office, holding her Machen satchel. Jongdae eyed her up and down and noticed everything was Machen except for her black Chucks. His eyes flew past her as he gasped while clutching his heart.

YOU DID NOT JUST LOOK AT HER , KIM JONGDAE!

"E-Ew, excuse me peasant." Jongdae hissed, but a stutter was heard in the beginning.

 

Mari turned around quickly with wide eyes. She was frozen because right in front of her was her inspiration and her role model.  

 

"I-I'm Jang Mari." she stammered while bowing.

Jongdae’s eye twitched and his heartbeat quickened.

"I don't care about why you're here and I don't care about your existence. Please—" Jongdae scowled with a gesture from his hand, but was stopped by a certain dickhead.

“Hello, guys.” Kris pulled the two together with his long arms. “Looks like you’ve met already.” Kris nodded and suppressed a huge smile that was bound to pop up on his face.

Mari looked confused and Jongdae had the look of “You better lock your car, windows, and doors or I’ll break in and slit your throat.” Kris was taken aback by the stare and let out an uneasy cough.

“So, Jongdae. This is your new assistant Jang Mari.”

“Is this revenge for what I did with your stupid European hat?” Jongdae whispered in Kris’ ear.

Kris shook his head and let out an airy chuckle. He took Mari by the hand and took her to the corner of the room.

“This is your desk and the kitchen is down the hallway.” Mari nodded, understanding the explanation. Kris continued knowing that she would be able to get all of this possibly down today. “My office is on the third floor with a few other employees, but there’s none up here, so you’re kind of like Jongdae’s bodyguard too.” Kris gave a slight smile as he walked to where Jongdae was practically fuming.

Kris winked at him and kept on talking about what he likes and what he doesn’t. Mari took a few glances towards Jongdae and noticed that his top was about to blow off soon. She gently moved Kris’ arm that was around her shoulder as she kept her distance.

“Please continue.” she gestured.

Kris continued as Jongdae gritted his teeth. He was just standing there in the middle of his office and he was being ignored.

The CEO of Machen was being ignored.

I can’t believe Kris did this. I’m surely lowering his salary.

“I’ll be going now! Don’t lower my salary, Chenchen~” Kris singsonged before running out of the office.

Jongdae grabbed his precious brown locks and pulled them while yelling. Mari flinched because it was a first to see someone who looked nice, act like a madman. He sharply turned to Mari’s direction and stared her down. She was a few inches shorter than himself thank god. He eyed her up and down and motioned for her to turn around a bit. She daintily spinned, side stepping a bit because she felt awfully awkward and nervous around Jongdae.

Woah.

“You will call me Mister Kim and you’ll always make my coffee black with nothing in it. Don’t question my preference. Also, when we choose fabric for clothing, you need to be quick to get them because everything has to be done in a week. We send all of our final drafts to the people who are on the middle floor which is three and Mister Wu is in charge of that floor.” Jongdae leisurely walked around Mari who was turning her head every so often to keep him in her sight. “Mister Wu is Kris by the way— he’s a douchebag, just saying to warn you beforehand.” Mari nodded as she absorbed all of the information at one go.

Jongdae stopped walking around her and stopped in front of her. He lifted up her chin so he could examine her face. A smirk appeared on his face as he took small looks towards her eyes, nose, and mouth.

“You might be able to help model too.” he mentioned, dropping her chin in the process.

A slight blush appeared on her cheeks as she looked down and fidgeted with her fingers. Jongdae had disappeared behind his desk, searching for papers. He finally found them at the bottom of the huge stack and walked over to Mari with it in hand. He snapped his fingers and shoved the paper to her chest.

“This is the dress code and all the other rules. Make sure to read over it well.” Jongdae stuffed his hands in his pockets and whistled while walking out of the office.

“W-Where are you going?” she asked once he was halfway out the door.

He stopped as his head turned a bit.

“I’m going to grab some fabric. I’ll be back, so just sit in your little office and wait until I come back.” Jongdae assured her with a sweet smile before walking out again.

Mari huffed and hugged her arms while looking around.

So, this is what it feels like. I’m finally working for Kim Jongdae. Wow, I’ve been saying his name a lot and I’ve only seen him for awhile.

Mari walked over to her glass desk that had a computer, tablet, and drawing tools placed on it. It was a clean desk and there was even a nametag that said ‘Jang Mari, Head Secretary’. She smiled widely as she took out her phone to snap a picture of it for a quick memory.

This is definitely the dream!

Mari spun around and plopped on the leather couch that smelled a lot like Jongdae. She sat up and sniffed it again.

Oh my god. It smells like me now.

She quickly ran to her seat and sat there as if she had been sitting there the whole entire time her boss had left. Jongdae quickly returned with his arms filled with 5 rolls of fabric. Mari closed her eyes and noticed Jongdae sniffing the place. He chuckled and headed towards her desk.

“Have you noticed that it hasn’t even been an hour and it already smells like you in here?” Jongdae sniffed again, then he laughed. Mari’s eyes widened by his remark. “Vanilla Sugar perfume? Machen product number 103. I can’t believe you still use that. It’s been outdated since the start of 2013. You’re lucky you’re working here. You get a 50% discount on everything Machen.” Jongdae intoned with a nod of his head.

“J-Jongdae—”

“It’s Mister Kim to you, Secretary Jang.” he frowned at her using his real name.

“O-Oh yeah. Uh, Mister Kim… you have a white fluff in your hair.” Mari pointed out, a bit tense.

“Oh, thanks.” Jongdae swiped his hand over his hair, but Mari shook her head as if saying that he missed it.

“Then where is it?” he tried again and she shook her head once more.

Mari stood up from her seat and leaned against the desk to reach for his hair. She softly pulled it out and threw it in the wastebin that was beneath the desk.

“Got it.” she smiled brightly, already accustomed to working with him.

My heart.

“G-Get to work! Here’s the files, tablet, and computer. Do what you can to make a t-shirt for teens!” Jongdae blinked nervously and ran to his desk to work on his things.

She stared at him weirdly as she the monitor to the computer and immediately started on the work that was assigned to her.

This is going to be tough.

Jongdae groaned and ran his fingers through his hair for the nth time that day. Mari was staring and noticed how defined his facial features were—Woah, wait what?

Oh god, no! Stop it, Mari! I know you want to touch it again, but he’s your boss for gods sake.

Mari gave herself a small pat on the back as she continued with working. Jongdae noticed and softly smiled towards her.

Maybe it won’t be so tough after all.

 

 


 AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Ohoho o u o this is surely a long chapter! :D
It is filled with random contents and notes that asterisk and I came up with in the process of making this fanfic and such haha. 
I also forgot to tell you guys~ 

This fanfic is a weekend fanfic so it'll only be updated on the weekends unless asterisk or I are on a holiday of some sort then I guess a double chapter would come out. Right now, I've been really busy so I kind of wrote this within the 2 hours before heading to bed. 

There might be some typos, but I'm pretty sure they're minor and they won't confuse you or anything. ^^

The chapter might be a bit difficult to understand to some people, but to sum up the whole entire chapter in a few sentences... I guess, this chapter is where the wonderful douchebag Kris, get's Jongdae and Mari working together. Before their meeting, they end up thinking of each other. They know that it'll be a sleepless night if they work together. Jongdae may seem cold, but he actually has a heart. The poor boy hasn't experienced love where on the other hand, Mari has, but she's still one of those average girls. Not to mention that she's also a bit of a fashion terrorist showing how Jongdae described her when they had their second encounter. They eventually settle together in the office and they're a bit shy towards each other. So, they avoid each other by doing work. To be honest, we still don't know if their hearts are telling the truth. It could be a slight attraction towards each other and not a crush. 

In the next few chapters, you'll probably see a bit more bolder and less naive side of Mari. You'll also see a bit more of Jongdae getting frustrated and sometimes a surge of happiness will appear throughout his time with Mari. 

- kyde ♥

 

Roleplay: Michigo Roleplay | Nutella Roleplay
Review Shop: Heaven's Network 
Graphic Shop: Heaven's Door

 

Please upvote, comment, and subscribe! 

Every subscribe, upvote, and comment is loved and appreciated! ♥

I love you everybody~