- three

Messing With The Wrong Person [HIATUS]

Assistants were lined up from ranks. It had only been a week at Machen and there was an important showcase of brands this upcoming week. That meant that this unexpected event had to be the first priority in the company. Jongdae knew that Machen had to move quickly.

“Miss Liu, please grab fabrics along with Miss Jung.” Jongdae ordered as he checked off materials on his iPad. The girls left as his eyes drifted to the ten other assistants. His eyes scanned them up and down and wondered if they had nice legs underneath their jeans. He made an uneasy expression and brushed it off.

“Miss Jang, please prepare three sketches of summer dresses.”

Mari responded with a slow nod.

“Mrs. Kim, you know what to do, so just prepare jean sketches for sizes 0 to 14.”

Mrs. Kim nodded eagerly and stepped out of the office to her cubicle downstairs.

Jongdae soon stalked off towards his desk as he searched for something. He pulled out paper and color pencils.

“I want any kind of orange up to aqua and teal. We need a fresh feeling.” Jongdae dumped the contents out onto a table. “You may begin.” he walked off, but soon came to an abrupt stop.

“Miss Jang, please stay here and do your work. “ Jongdae said straight faced.

Mari nodded again as she quickly walked to the corner of the room where her desk was.

“Would you like me to get fabric?” she questioned, sounding a bit nervous. Jongdae looked up from sketching as he heaved a sigh and looked up at her from his seat. She was playing with her fingers as she stared down in Jongdae’s eyes.

“You may if you want.” Jongdae replied with his eyes glued back to the screen of his computer. Mari slightly bowed and headed off towards the third floor.

Once she was gone, Jongdae stopped sketching and looked at the door that was wide open and held against the wall by a door stopper. He glanced at Mari’s desk and sighed lowly.

She left for only a minute and my heart hurts.

Jongdae lightly smiled as he got up and went to the kitchen to prepare himself something sweet and delicious.

By the tie Mari grabbed her things, she came back to hearing a soothing voice coming from the kitchen. She peeked in and saw her boss singing as he wanted for his cookie to heat up from the microwave.

I always thought that he was the kind of guy to have maids cook food for him. Mari smirked and crossed her arms. She was so absorbed into his singing. So, my boss has a soft side? She smiled brightly and nodded her head to the song.

“So, here I come to you, with open arms.” he sang angelically.

Mari melted into his voice and she loved how the foreign words would flow out of his mouth beautifully. She understood the song because of her studying abroad for a month which paid off greatly. The song was absolutely beautiful and Jongdae was portraying the emotions perfectly.

The sound of a ding came from the microwave. Jongdae stopped singing and opened the microwave to see his delicious cookie become even more delicious. He his lips and Mari found it ironically y. She quickly stopped herself from thinking about anything rated.

He’s your boss!

“Miss Jang.”

A warm and sweet voice interrupted her thoughts. She looked at the person who had called out her name as he gave her a raised eyebrow.

He’s probably thinking I’m a weirdo now!

Mari couldn’t help, but scream in her head and drop all the contents onto the floor before dashing towards her office. She quickly sat in her seat and slammed her head against the glass desk. Before her head to come in contact with the desk, her head had instead met with something soft. She lifted up her head obviously confused at what happened.

There was Kim Jongdae with one hand in his pocket and a cookie in the other. He was panting and that was another thing Mari ironically found y. She scrunched her face from the thoughts and tried to empty her head, but all she could see was her bosses chest heaving up and down from the quick run he just had.

Next thing she knew, she was assigned to extra work because she had ran across the entire floor and had dropped expensive fabric.

“Mari, get your head together!” she scolded herself as she carried the USB Mister Kim had given her.

Mari lightly tapped it against her fingers. She paced towards the copy room and opened the door to it. It had a ink-like scent as she went around to find the laptop that was hidden in the cabinet. Mari tried to recall her bosses orders.

It’s in the pastel green cabinet. You won’t miss it.

“Does he mean that when I open the cabinet, I’ll be able to find the laptop quickly?” Mari thought quickly and contemplated whether or not she was going crazy or stupidity was taking over. She bonked her own head and opened the cabinet to see the laptop and nothing else. She chuckled and pulled it out with ease and a smile on her face.

“So, now I just go to Gmail, download the photos, and save it on the flash drive?” Mari questioned as she downloaded all of the pictures that were sent from the photographer.

Mari was dying to see the images as they printed out one by one. She could hear the sheer noise of it working it’s magic to put all the photos in full color. The sound soothed her as she controlled her sanity. She really, really needed to see them. Just even a glimpse of it would work for her.

Two long deep breaths escaped and after that came a sigh. She was deciding still. She didn’t want to be assigned to extra work again.

Her two hands grasped the papers in front of her, but her eyes were tightly shut. She wanted to see them so badly, so she opened one eye as it widened from looking at the photos. Her head tilted from the left and back to the right.

W-What happened?!

Mari covered and stared at the photos. Her face was spread with horror.

“This is unbelievable! Did I download the wrong pictures?” Mari worried as she looked at the email previews.

There it was.

The unbelievable thing on Earth according to Jang Mari.

“Sora, you can’t believe what I just did…” Mari cried out to her friend over the phone.

“What did you do? Did you already screw up? Don’t tell me you screwed up!” Sora yelled into the phone, knowing about Mari’s vast history of screwing up things.

What a klutz.

“Okay, I’m not supposed to tell you this so I’ll give you small details. Anyways, I was supposed to print photos out and the worst thing might’ve just happened...” Mari bit her bottom lip and played with the keychain that was on her phone.

“Stop beating around the bush and tell me!” Sora screeched, eager to know what her klutz of a friend did.

“Well, I might have downloaded the wrong pictures, so all I see right now is my bosses .” Mari stated, letting out an inward sigh. She was pretty much hyperventilating as Sora let out a loud laugh.

“H-How do you know it’s your bosses ?!” she questioned while laughing hysterically.

Mari frowned upon her friends reaction and question.

How did I know it was his ?

“Don’t tell me you’ve checked him out?” Sora asked, calming down a bit.

“I find him y now, Soraaaa.” Mari drawled while adding a tint of whining in her voice.

“Mama, I’ll get you out of this problem.”

“Y-You will?!” Mari exclaimed, obviously oblivious of her friends plan.

“Just ask him what the photos were, you doof.” Sora plainly said.

Mari let out a sigh as she stomped her feet against the tiled floors. She was having a crisis and her friend was telling her to straightforwardly ask her boss why his was in all the photos? No, sir! Mari shook her head and jumped around.

“I’ll call you later, Sora.”

“Ask him! Bye!” Sora hung up, not even giving Mari a chance, but she hadn’t noticed because she herself; was in deep thought.

Mari’s finger hovered over the call button like last time. She raised her hand to try and throw her phone, but she stopped midway and accidentally clicked the call button. Her eyes widened as the door jolted open, showing her boss without his blazer on and his tie loosely hanging around his neck. She gulped, being engulfed by his presence.

Jongdae leaned on the table as he pushed his bangs away by moving his head the right slightly. He turned his head and stared deeply into Mari’s eyes. It was almost even lust-like. She could feel some sort of connection and she wasn’t liking it one bit. He slowly walked over to her and leaned down to whisper in her ear.

“What’s wrong?” he purred as she felt a smirk arriving onto his face.

“N-Nothing at all, Mister Kim.” she trembled underneath him.

“Really? You don’t have anything to say, Mari?” Jongdae questioned. He leaned back with his hands in his pockets.

“W-Why was your on all of the photos?” Mari blurted out. She immediately covered as she watched his expression change from y and lustful to dorky and surprised.

“How did you know that was my ?” Jongdae asked as he gave her a judging expression.

Mari could feel all the judge that she was receiving. She looked down and bit the edge of her lip in thought.

“I-I just guessed that it was just . Don’t get me—”

“I don’t mind if you love my . I mean, what’s there not to love about me?” he boasted with his pearly whites showing.

Mari had just noticed that the room was dimmed and there was no other source of light except for the door that had a glossy window you couldn’t see through. Jongdae had also noticed her scanning her surroundings. He smirked and gathered some confidence.

“You know, it’s funny how you knew it was my .” Jongdae spoke slow and low. Mari stared up at him, watching his every movements with questioning eyes. “Do you want to know what it’s for?” he asked as he leaned towards her.

“It’s for a magazine that wants Machen’s Kim Jongdae to model his for a pair of Machen jeans. Aren’t they a masterpiece?” Jongdae made sure to drag each and every word to make it sound unbelievably y.

Mari felt a warm sensation in her body as their body heats clashed together in that one room. Out of nowhere, Mari pressed her lips against her bosses. His eyes were wide in shock. The kiss was too much for him to handle, but he liked it.

He wasn’t supposed to like it.

She wasn’t either.

Mari wanted to pull away, but she couldn’t. Jongdae slowly got on one knee so he was eye level with her. He tilted his head to the side, getting a better angle. His lips were warm and he smelled really good according to Mari. The kiss was soft and nice. Honestly, it made Mari want to kiss him even more. Too soon it was over, but he didn’t move away. They were standing close, and she realized that she had her hands on his chest. His were resting lightly on her shoulders. She smiled up at him until she had this gut feeling that she did the right thing, but the wrong thing at the same time.

“W-Why did we kiss?!” they both said simultaneously.

“Did you like it?!”

“WHAT?!”

“You’re my assistant!” he croaked, still shocked by the heated kiss.

“You’re my boss!” she retorted, also in shock of what she had just initiated.

“I was playing around with you! I didn’t mean to trigger something in your heart!” Jongdae declared.

He was playing around with me?

“I didn’t mean to— You were playing with me?”

Suddenly, Mari’s tone changed for the worst. Why was she being so dramatic over a guy she had just started working for not too long ago. What good would she get if people knew Jongdae was dating his assistant? It wasn’t like a secretary, but it’s still someone who works with him!

So, he was leading me on? He was playing with my—

Jongdae grabbed onto her shoulders and stared straight into her eyes. He let out a few deep breaths before speaking about what he wanted to say. She stared back into his eyes, meeting his gaze.

“Jang Mari, you are my assistant. We can’t be together. I am your boss. I order you to forget what happened here, okay?” Jongdae sincerely said with hurt flashing in his eyes.

It was as if he wanted it to be real.

He wanted their relationship to be real.

“I-I got it.” Mari nodded and bowed before leaving the room.

Jongdae stood up from the ground and sat on the couch. He touched his heart and questioned himself. It was like she had flipped a switch inside of Jongdae. The kiss was hot, sweet, and electric desire immediately flashed through him. It was crazy and amazing for his first kiss. Or more like, their first kiss.

Mari walked quickly as the only thing heard in the hallway was her heels clacking against the tiled floor. She hugged her body and loved the way her body fitted his, hard against soft, and she pressed herself against him, forgetting about their positions. Starting to think about it, she had just totally smushed herself against him in an unexpected kiss.

“H-How is this supposed to work out? It’s going to be too awkward.” Mari muttered to herself as she tightly hugged herself.

 

 


 AUTHOR'S NOTE :

That kiss is the start of Mari becoming bolder and Jongdae becoming even more of a dork lmao. 

There are times where I'll become busy and not update or even do much because idek. I've been holding off so many things like RP's and my graphic shop. It's like school hit everyone like a train because people seem to not be able to work on shops and get on RP's anymore. Everything feels like it's dying and idek. 

BTW THERE ARE TYPOS LOLOL. I HAVE TO SLEEP, CUT ME SOME SLACK. 

Also I don't know, I guess I kind of winged the chapter. I get a three day weekend, so I'll possibly update on the weekend if possible. O u O 

- kyde ♥

 

Roleplay: Michigo Roleplay | Nutella Roleplay
Review Shop: Heaven's Network 
Graphic Shop: Heaven's Door

 

Please upvote, comment, and subscribe! 

Every subscribe, upvote, and comment is loved and appreciated! ♥

I love you everybody~