- four

Messing With The Wrong Person [HIATUS]

It had already been a week and he had kept his distance from her. He even planned to avoid her during the showcase even though she was his assistant, he couldn’t face her the same anymore.

Should I be mean to her now? No, she’ll hate me then. She’ll quit probably.

Jongdae was slowly stirring his coffee even though he had not added anything; since he preferred plain black coffee. Kris watched his best friend. He noticed that his one and only Chenchen was acting strange. It wasn’t like him to be so in thought during break time. Especially, when Kris calls him out.

“Hey, you alright?” Kris questioned, taking a sip out of his pineapple-mango smoothie. Jongdae looked up to meet Kris’ intense yet worried stare upon him. He sighed and looked down and shrugged. Kris shook his head and looked down.

Maybe it was a bad idea to bring Mari here. I want my Dancing Machine back... Wait— I-I have an idea!

Kris’ eyes brightened as he tugged on Jongdae’s sleeve. He looked up and met the brightest smile Kris has ever pulled on him. He looked around to see what he was smiling about, but there was nothing.

“What the hell is wrong with you? You look like you’re going to die of excitement and you also look creepy.” he pointed out because Kris’ cheek bones were protruding from his smile.

“Mister Kim Jongdae, we’re going to go play basketball.” Kris pushed him to the elevator and out to the parking lot where he met with Mari and a few of his colleagues. They gave him a simple nod, but Mari was curious.

“Where are you going, Mister Kim?” Mari asked suspiciously.

“Don’t worry about it! We’ll be back in like an hour or so.” Kris signalled for Jongdae to put on his seatbelt as he did it to himself. He waved goodbye to the eyes of the people as he swiftly pulled out of the parking lot to the basketball court at their old high school.

“Is it just going to be us playing because that’s no fair.”

“What do you mean no fair?” he laughed while crossing his arms.

“Hello? Earth to Wu Fan~” Jongdae bonked Kris’ head. “I was the benchwarmer and you were the captain of the basketball team. Your argument is invalid, Mister.”

“You weren’t benchwarmer! Kyungsoo was…” Kris’ eyes averted towards the left as he thought about it, wondering if he was right or wrong.

“We both went on and off the bench, Kris. We both played rebound whenever Tao or Chanyeol got tired.” Jongdae took a moment to think about what else he did. “I also poured drinks with Kyungsoo!” he yelled once he had remembered.

“Okay, you got a point there.” Kris laughed. Jongdae sent him a death glare that screamed I-hate-you. “Chill! I invited the whole team~” Kris sang.

His eyes widened as if it was going to pop out.

“Does that mean—”

Jongdae soon heard the sound of revving in the distance. He gulped and watched Lamborghini’s to Camaro’s to Aston Martin’s pull into the school’s parking lot. What he wasn’t expecting was everyone to show up in full length suits and designer brand sunglasses.

“Oh. My. God.” Jongdae gaped at everyone coming towards him for a group hug.

“You know separating every word doesn’t put it in emphasis.” Kris spoke, also seeing the huge mob of businessmen coming towards him.

“Well, I don’t give a—”

“CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!” they yelled as they tackled Jongdae to the ground.

Suho kissed Jongdae’s cheek and ruffled his hair. Jongdae responded by scrunching his face in disgust.

“How are you doing, my little truffle?” Suho asked while panting.

“I am doing fine. How about you, gramps?” Jongdae joked, but Suho’s expression turned serious.

“Hey! You know I hate being called gramps!” Suho initiated a headlock, but Jongdae swiftly moved away.

The EXO members went ‘whoa’ after seeing Jongdae’s block. Jongdae looked at all of them and smiled.

We sure did grow up…

“So, how about a game of basketball? Like the old times!” Kris suggested as he rested his arm on top of Jongdae’s shoulder.

“We’re wearing suits though.” Chanyeol said while smiling brightly.  

“Wouldn’t it be much more fun if people saw twelve businessmen playing basketball together?” Kris eyed every one of them and they tilted their heads to the side. “Guys, we’re all famous. I think we’d gain an audience too.” he smiled, making his cheek bones protrude once again.

Fifteen minutes later and we had an audience.

It was quite bizarre seeing twelve men in suits while playing basketball in the middle of the day. Especially with all the fancy cars lining the parking lot, you couldn’t pass the court without taking a look at us.

“Three pointer!” Chanyeol shouted.

“Yes! That’s my boy!” Kris yelled as he tackled Chanyeol into a hug.

Everyone watched with disgust aligning their faces. They blinked a couple of times and waited for KrisYeol to stop hugging each other, so they could get out of there.

“Hey, we’re going to get mobbed by fangirls if we don’t leave now.” Lay spoke as he juggled the ball between his hands.

“That's a good idea and I stink too.” Tao commented as he sniffed his suit.

“Well, no thit therlock.” Sehun lisped as he crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

“Minseok! Sehun is using cuss words again!” Tao tattled even though he was practically an adult already.

Kris gave Minseok an amused expression. Minseok raked his fingers through his hair as he tilted his head to the side. They aren't kids anymore and Minseok still had to deal with the tattling. It was as if they were back in high school again.

“Xiumin!” an angry looking woman ran over.

Minseok’s eyes widened as he hid behind Kris and Chanyeol who were standing together.

“Don’t you dare hide from me!” she yelled, making everyone fear her.

“Who’s that?” Baekhyun asked amused.

“S-She’s my wife.” Minseok stuttered.

Everyone looked at him in shock. He stared back at them with a disappointed expression.

“What? I got married a long time ago. Gosh, looks like you thought I’d be breeding cats my whole life.” they nodded according to what Minseok said. He stared at them with widened eyes. He was appalled. “W-Well, you were wrong.” he spoke, looking down.

“What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be working!” she scolded.

There was something the boys noticed too. She had a very noticeable baby bump. They all looked at each other.

“So, Minseok’s got some skills huh?” Luhan jabbed him with his elbow while laughing.

“G-Guys, don’t embarrass me.” Minseok pouted.

“Who are these people, honey? I never knew you had friends.” she smirked while scanning the court.

It was filled with handsome faces, but there was one that stuck out. She laughed and pointed at him.

Jongdae looked at her in confusion. Why is she laughing at me? Is there something wrong with my face? I mean, I just got done playing basketball so, I guess my face is a bit red.

“You’re friends with Kim Jongdae?” she held Minseok’s hands as her eyes shimmered.

Jongdae could already tell that she was his fan. She was practically pleading for an autograph, but Minseok was definitely saying no to it.

“I’m going to name our kid Jongdae when he comes out, Minseok.” she whispered happily into Minseok’s ear. His eyes widened in alarm. He gave Jongdae a death glare while Jongdae just shrugged with that cheeky grin he had on.

“So, I guess we’re going then?” Kris commented.

“Uh, yeah. See you guys later.” Chanyeol slapped Kris’ back before walking away with some of the others.

“See you later—”

“BYE MISTER KIM!”

Minseok glared at his wife as he started the car. She shrugged and smiled brightly since she had just met the one and only Kim Jongdae.

“You are quite the womanizer.” Kris remarked while laughing.

“Shut up.” Jongdae laughed as he entered the passengers seat.

--------------------

Several sighs escaped Jongdae’s mouth as he glanced over to see what Mari was doing. She was doing the usual sketching and he was just doing the usual sketching also. The fan on her desk was on low as it made her hair flow around.

“Wahh…” Jongdae said in awe, forgetting that Mari could hear him.

She lifted up her head because of the sound. Her eyebrows furrowed as Jongdae tried looking away.

“Mister Kim, is there something you need?” she questioned.

What should I say?! I hate you? Wait, why would I say that? Turn off the fan please? Nope, that’s too polite. Hmm… how about—

“Yeah! Your stupid fan is making so much noise! I can’t think straight.” Jongdae quickly yelled as he fake angrily slam his pen on his desk. She was surprised by his action as she quickly turned off the fan.

“Sorry, Mister Kim. I didn’t know it was annoying you.” she slightly bowed. She went back to her work, but Jongdae wanted to bother her. He couldn’t because she was busy doing something important that he had assigned to her.

His lengthy fingers slowing went through his hair as he let out an exasperated sigh. He needed something to relieve him.

“Mister Kim, are you alright?” Jongdae looked up from his work and gave her an absent-like expression.

He stopped and stared at her for a moment before replying. “Uh, yeah. I’m just a bit stressed.” he smiled and went back to his work.

At the corner of his eye, he could see her slowly standing up. He didn’t know what for, but he diverted his attention back to his screen. She was inching closer towards his desk in hesitation yet Jongdae had not seen her sneak up from behind him. He was working away as her hands slowly made it’s way towards his shoulders. He flinched. Mari was giving him a relaxing massage and he was enjoying it more than he should have.

“Oh my god…” he moaned as if he was in heaven.

Mari smiled, knowing that a simple massage would give him so much satisfaction. Her fingers kneaded into the crevices beside his neck. He purred in pleasure, loving the way her hands worked on his shoulders.

“Are you relieved now, Mister Kim?” she softly asked, craning her head to see that his eyes were closed.

He better not be sleeping.

“Mister Kim.” Mari spoke loudly as she shook him.

Must be a heavy sleeper.

Mari shrugged as she went to the front of her bosses desk to see his sleeping face. He didn’t look stressed anymore. Innocence seemed to pour out from his facial features even though they were sharp and defined like his personality. Out of nowhere, he was hugging himself and he had his legs propped on top of the seat, pressed to his chest as if he was a baby. He rocked back and forth and Mari couldn’t help but to laugh at her pure and innocent boss. Who would have known he had all these nice and cute sides to him?

“Miss Jang, can you please send—”

One of the head designers saw the head of Machen rocking himself in a computer chair. She suppressed her laughter as she gestured to Mari that she was going to email her instead. When she had left, Mari got up and stared at him.

“Should I move him to the couch?”

“He should be pretty heavy…”

“It wouldn’t hurt to try.” a voice implied.

Mari turn around quickly, seeing the third floor departments boss; Kris Wu. She bowed immediately and waited for him to signal for her to get up. Kris smirked as he headed over to the sleeping Chen.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve seen you sleeping so peacefully.” Kris frowned as he brushed Chen’s bangs away.

Mari watched in amazement as she had gotten up from her bow.

What kind of relationship do they— Could they be gay?!

"We’re not gay if that’s what you’re thinking.” Kris spoke as if he had read her thoughts. He laughed and left something on the table before leaving the room.

“Oh my god!” Jongdae yelled from waking up abruptly. He looked around confused. Mari was standing in front of his desk with big eyes. Was she watching me sleep?

“What are you doing there?” Jongdae asked, confused.

“I-I, I wasn’t watching you sleep if that’s what you think!” she nervously said because she had been watching him.

“Get to work!” he yelled as his cheeks turned pinkish.

“Y-Yes, Mister Kim.” she bowed and ran to her desk.

Jongdae ran his fingers through his hair as he spotted a creme colored box in front of him. He hesitantly grabbed and examined it. His lips puckered in thought. The box had a blue ribbon and a little card that said ‘from ace & kris’. His lips curved upwards in amusement. He slowly opened the box and there was a huge snickerdoodle cookie. Jongdae was now excited.

“I can’t even—” Jongdae grabbed his phone and immediately called Kris.

Kris was waiting for the call and once he picked it up, his expression brightened.

“Did you make the cookie?” Jongdae asked because Kris’ baking wasn’t the best.

“Yeah, third floor had the ingredients, so I thought, why not?” Kris answered in a happy tone.

“You know? You’ve been happier these days. Thanks for the cookie, bro.” Jongdae said as his dorky laugh went through the line.

“Do you like it?” Kris asked.

“I haven’t even set my hands on it. It looks delicious though.” he replied which made Kris’ heart lighten.

“I have to go, okay? I’ll call you later or I’ll text you. Bye, Kris.” Jongdae hung up as Kris had his arms propped beneath his head.

“I hope he likes it because I can’t cook for .” Kris muttered while laughing.

 

 


 AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I'm terribly sorry for the boring and non-climatic chapter. Not much happened tbh. Things just gone and went when I wrote this and it took me forever to write because I had like this weird writers block. 

It's that feeling when you can make other stories, but you can't continue the current one you're one. SO I GUESS THAT'S NOT WRITERS BLOCK THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. 

I add a reunion of SuChen and Krisyeol along with a bit of a fluffy friendship; KrisChen. Seriously, not much happened. Even Minseok has a wifeu and she loves Chen. 

Also, is it bothering you guys that I call him Jongdae instead of Chen? If that's the case then I'll change it if you want. :) 

- kyde ♥

 

Please upvote, comment, and subscribe! 

Every subscribe, upvote, and comment is loved and appreciated! ♥

I love you everybody~