Chapter 13 Close

Mission can't accomplish

The lights in the house are already turned off. Maybe, they’re already sleeping. You tiptoed from your room, your heart is thumping loudly, and beads of sweat are falling from your forehead. This is it, you already saw your target, you inhaled then you stabbed your target with a knife.

“Hhmm.” you heard someone groaned, you looked at your back. No one is there, you did it ! Finally !

“What are you doing?” Tao shrieked, you eyes widen, startled, the lights .

“What did you do ?” D.O’s eyes widened.

“I’m just... I’m sorry.” you lowered your head

“What did you do to my cake ?” Tao asked

“I’m sorry okay ? I’m just hungry.” you explained. Luhan shook his head, he leaned forward and whispered to your ears.

“You shouldn’t do that.” Luhan smirked. “Because of that, we will give you a punishment.” he took an icing from the cake and he wipe it on your nose.

“Yah !” you yelled

“Mehrong !” all of them took some icing and wipe it to each other faces. The icing fight stopped when they realized that the whole dorm is already a mess.

“That was fun.” Chanyeol yelped, while lying on the floor with arms and legs spread like a starfish.

“Looks like Luhan and Soo Jin are already close.” Baekhyun said.

“They’re already closed ! They almost kissed when I saw them upstairs !” Sehun beamed, there was an awkward silence and then the room was filled with gasps and “woah”s

“I smell something fishy !” Chen teased

“Stop that !” Luhan growled, then he stomped off to his rooms and slammed the door. The room was filled with silence, then all of you burst in laughter.

“Let’s call it a day, let’s sleep.” Suho said

 

“You arrived at the Music Bank, you sighed when you saw a lot of fangirls waiting for Exo. You opened the door and help the members to make way through the crowd. You gasped when someone pulled you.

“Leave our oppas alone !” a girl wearing a uniform said, you crossed you arm and raised an eyebrow

“Excuse me?” you said with an attitude

“I said leave our oppas alone !” she repeated, her friends are glaring at you and throwing you some dirty looks.

“Why would I ? They need me.” you smirked, one of the girls walks towards you and slapped you.

“What the hell !” you’re about to slap that girl when someone grab your wrist, you looked up and you saw Luhan with the other members.

“She’s our manager, so don’t ever hurt her. And I just want to say that you’re not our girlfriends, so you shouldn’t act like that. Keep that in your small brain.” Luhan shouted, the girl lowered her head and sobbed quietly.

“Enough Luhan.” Kris said, Luhan looked at him, he glared then he walked away, the other members followed him, leaving you and Kai.

“Don’t mind him. He’s not in the mood, he didn’t mean that. Don’t cry okay ?” Kai said to the girl “What’s your name ?”

“Gale.” the girl answered

“Don’t cry Gale, here.” he gave her a handkerchief. “Use it. I need to go, bye.”

“Thanks by the way, I’m sorry for what I did.” the girl said

                Kai looked at you and smiled,  you felt something strange in your heart. It feels like the world stops, he looks like an angel.

“Ugh ! What is this ?” you mumbled

“What’s wrong ?” he asked

“Uh, nothing. Ahm, do you know that girl ?” Aish, pabo, he asked her name remember ?

“Aniyo, why ?”

“It’s because, uh, you’re kind to her, you even comfort her even though she slapped me.”

“I hate seeing girls cry, it makes me...sad.”

“Why ?”

“Because when I see girls cry, I felt like I’m letting my noonas and mother cry.” he said with a smile. What the hell is happening in my heart ? Strange, really strange, Do I like him ? No, No, No ! I don’t think so.

                All of you are in the practice room, they’re practicing for their tomorrow’s performace in China.

“Na hokshi molla gyeogo haneunde.” you looked at him, he smiled at you. This the feeling that you felt when you first saw Luhan. Maybe you have a crush on him ?

“Manager !” he called, you looked at him, he throw himself to the couch and used your lap as a pillow.

“What are you doing? You’re not done practicing” you scolded

“But I’m tired.” he pouted. What on earth is happening ? Why is he acting like this so sudden ? You just sat there, staring at his sleeping face while your heart fluttering, your stomack flipping, your hands are sweating and your thoughts are jumbling at the same time.

“Why are you blushing manager ?” he asked innocently while looking at you.

“No, i’m not !” you denied

“Yes, you are !”” he insisted

“It’s because it’s hot.” you lied, the truth is because he’s too close to you.

“Oh sorry.” you frowned and gave him a why-are-you-saying-sorry look. “Because I’m hot.” the creased in your forehead deepened, then you sighed when you finally understand what he means.

“Oh really ? How boastful ?”

“I’m just saying the truth ?”

“You wish.” he chuckled then he sat up without breaking your eye contact

“I don’t need to wish because I’m already hot.” Where did he get this kind of attitude ? he’s not the Kai that I know, but I like this kind of Kai more. “And I don’t want to be hotter because you might burn with my touch.”

“Where did you get this kind of attitude ?” you asked, he stopped chuckling, taken aback, he smile softly.

“I guess I’m back.”

“Welcome back Kai.” Baekhyun said with a wide smile, you groaned in confusion.

“Ugh, out of place here?” they just chuckled, Kai ruffled your hair

“Let’s play !” Chanyeol said

“What game ?” Sehun asked

“Hide and seek !” Chen suggested

“But we’re just going hide here.” Tao said

“What do you mean ? You mean here in the practice room ? We’re going hide under the couch ? Inside the aircon ?” Baekhyun asked sarcastically.

“I mean here, inside the building.” Tao explained

“Of course ! Do you think we’re going to China just to hide ?” Baekhyun sarcastically said, Toa sighed in defeat

“Okay game ! Let’s play !” you beamed

“But we can distract others’ practices.” Lay said worriedly

“It’s already 11 o’clock, all of them already left.” D.O said

“Oaky, rock-paper-scissors !” Kris said, you do the rock-paper-scissor game, then the result is... Suho lose.

“Be careful guys, they said that girl with a bloody face are wandering here in the building when 12 midnight comes.” Xiumin warned

                You hid at a small room, at the basement, it’s freaking dark there and it’s freakin you out. You’ve waited for an hour already, but still, no one finds you. Your watch rang, it means that it is already midnight. You suddenly remember what Xiumin said. You felt goosebumps crawl all over your body. You saw a shadow behind the wall, you gulped. The wall suddenly moves, or should we say white curtain. You screamed at the top of your lungs. Someone pulled the curtains revealing the other part of the room. You squinted your eyes to see the person that is standing in front of you.

“It’s me, Kai.” he said “Why did you scream ?”

“I thought you’re a ghost.” you said honestly

“Are you scared in ghost ? he asked, you nodded “Don’t worry, I’m here, I’ll protect you.”

“So cheesy Kai, yuck !” you teased, he chuckled.

“Let’s go out.” he twisted the doorknob, he gasped when he can’t open it. “It’s lock.”

“WHAT ?” you shouted

“All the doors here in the building will automatically lock when all of use leave.” Kai explained

“Call them.” he nodded then he picked up his phone.

“They’ll be here in a minute.” he said then he turned the music on, he played Exo’s XOXO.

“Can I ask you something ?”

“You already did.” you just ignore his sarcasm

“Why did you said that you’re already back ? I didn’t get it.” he weakly smiled

“I became cold when my bestfriend died, he was the only one who understands me, that’s why I don’t give a damn to anyone except him. But I’m kind of friendly before he dies.”

“Then why did you decided to go back to the old you ?”

“It’s because I found someone who truly understands me.” he held you hand “Thanks Soo Jin.”

“N-no problem.” you stammered, you smiled awkwardly, then the song changed into a slow y song.

“What’s that song ?”

“It’s Part of the List by Ne-Yo. I always dance with this song.”

“Sample please ?” you pouted, he nodded and mouthed “Sure”

                He dance gracefully and slowly with his eyes closed. He just following the rhythm. It’s like the beats of the song are controlling his body. You clapped, he opened his eyes and smiled.

“Do you want me to teach you how to dance ?”

“No, thanks.”

“I insist.” he pulled you up, he spun you around. Your back on his chest, he’s hands on your hips, dancing slowly, swaying, just following the rhythm. You closed your eyes, enjoying the moment.

“I give up ! you can’t dance.” he teased, you opened your eyes and punched him playfully in the shoulders.

                All of them are looking for you and Kai. They didn’t know that both of you are still there. Luhan decided to go to the basement, he heard music, so he followed it until he reach a door, he heard some giggles and laughs. He opened the door and saw you and Kai dancing slowly with a smiles on your face. He suddenly felt irritated. He left the door open.

“What’s happening to me ?”

 

Sorry for the late update and typos ! Thank you for reading ! Saranghaeeee !