Episode Two

Catch Me If You Can

 In Heaven Apartments was a rather older building complex. The building was compiled of a laundry mat on the first floor with vending machines, mailboxes, and a small front desk area. In Heaven apartments was one of the oldest buildings in Roseport- there weren't any elevators, during rain storms the power would often be lost, and sometimes the air conditioning or heater would break during one of the coldest or hottest days.


It was summer, and thankfully the air conditioning was working too well, to the point where sweaters and comforters were acceptable. It was also acceptable to cuddle for warm body heat, which, Mitzy took full advantage of. Her head rested on Jaejoong's chest, her hair tickled his face. He didn't mind it too much, her hair was soft and it always smelled good. Unlike Mitzy, he wasn't asleep though. His fingers ran through her hair stopping at small knots, his eyes staring at the ceiling. “U-know...” he mumbled. Saying that Jaejoong fell asleep that night would be the same as saying that Roseport had a drought. When the sun began to rise he felt like he couldn't stay in bed any longer. He thought about whether or not to stay the whole morning or leave before she got up. “Coffee.” He muttered. He was careful to not wake her while pulling on his undergarments and dress pants that rested on the wooden floors or while brewing coffee. During the fourth cup he made sure to make another batch.


Mitzy woke up. She felt the side of the bed beside her, it was still warm but no one was there. Oh he felt already. She thought. She sat up smelling the brew of coffee. Looking around she saw his dress shirt still laying on the floor. Boy short underwear, and his dress shirt adorned her while she tip toed into the kitchen area. Oh, you're here. She smiled.


“Coffee?” He asked, pouring two mug fulls.


“It smells great.” She smiled.


“I'm going to be in the area today, so I'll see you tonight.” This was the first time he had said anything like this. If he arrived, he never announced himself- he just simply showed up. “I hope work will be better today.” Jaejoong handed her the white mug. It was warm, sure, but not as warm as she felt at that moment.


She tried to play it cool. “Me too, Changmin doesn't seem to like us, so working with him will probably be tough.”


“And U-know?” He asked.


“I don't know how I feel about U-know. He doesn't seem that bad, but he also seems like he's plotting something.” She wondered if he asked out of jealousy, or if he was simply curious.
 

“Why are they here? Shouldn't he be in prison or something?” He was probably just curious then.


“They're here to catch some guys. Apparently U-know didn't work alone. So U-know's helping Changmin catch them.”


“Who? Catch who?”
 

“This is the first time you've been so interested in an assignment.” Mitzy smiled.


“Well, my girlfriend is working on an important case, I feel rather proud.” The word girlfriend rung in her ears. This was also the first time he had said such a word. Maybe she was just so caught up in the moment, him telling her he'd see her that night, and him calling her his girlfriend, if he had asked for her kidney she would have sliced herself open and hand it over right at that moment.


“Three guys, he called them Mickey, Xiah, and Hero. We don't know much about them, but U-know says that with his help we can catch them.”


“That sounds like a challenge.”


“I'm up for a challenge.” She smiled, taking some more sip from the coffee.


“Me too.” Jaejoong spoke softly, smirking into his own mug.



*Commercial Break*

 

Zainab had arrvied to work at the usual time, with two to-go cups and a paper bag for breakfast. Changmin had arrived early, and Zainab could see him in Jin's office looking unsatisfied. “What's his problem?” She put one of the cups on Mitzy's desk along with the bag.


Mitzy shrugged, she still didn't understand why Changmin would be there boss except for the fact that he caught U-know- I mean Yunho. She corrected. Fresh donuts from Coffee && Donuts were the best. Sugar glazed and chocolate glazed were Mitzy's favorite, but she had always dreamed of getting a box full of those heart shaped ones with the strawberry frosting to share with Jaejoong. Mitzy grabbed a chocolate glaze and bit into it, her wet hair nearly dripped on the pastry so she tied it up in a pony. Zainab on the other hand had a chocolate on chocolate donut, it was a chocolate day although neither knew exactly why at the moment. Zainab's hair was also wet, she must have showered before arriving... or she forgot an umbrella.


“Jin should just fire them.” Z chomped into her donut.


“Isn't Changmin higher up than Jin?” Mitzy asked now trying to think of who was higher. Changmin had come to them, but Changmin was also from up top.


“I don't care, he should still fire him. Get a refund or something.”


“That'd be cool. Like going up to a cash register and asking for an exchange. I bought this boss yesterday, I want my old one back.” She mused over the idea of putting Changmin on a register counter, trading him for Jin.


“Wait, did Jong Jin quit?” the familiar voice came from beside Mitzy's desk. A dark haired man stood holding a paper coffee cup that probably came from the kitchen area's vending machines.


“No he didn't quit.” Z sighed, but quickly balled her hand into a fist. “I'd kill him if he did quit.”


“Then what's this about a new boss?” He asked.


“We have to work under this new guy- Changmin- is his name.” Zainab's disgruntled face put a smile on Mitzy's. How she kept on emphasizing her dislike towards him was one of the most amusing things Mitzy could imagine.


“Are you on patrol today, Minho?” She asked, wondering why he wasn't wearing the complete police officer uniform.


“Henry asked me to drop him off, but my shift doesn't start for another two hours or so.” He sighed, “he needs to drive better.” he gloom over his younger brother.


“Oh come on, he's not a bad driver.” Zainab tried to cheer up the man.


“He ran over a squirrel, we had to pull over because he was freaking out, I swear he was crying.” Minho smirked now remembering how sensitive his younger sibling can be. “I'm telling you he's not cut out to be a cop. Eric's right, he should just go work for him as a cashier.”


“That's cute though.” Zainab's eyes sparkled.


“Cops aren't cute.” Minho shot a short glare.


“I don't know, Kai's pretty cute.” Mitzy rested her chin on her hands, elbows resting on her dark wooden desk.


“Taemin too.” Zainab traced the police station, looking over at the complete opposite direction to where Taemin's desk sat, but no one was there.


“I'm not cute. I'm manly.” Minho tried to take Zainab's attention away from the empty desk.


“Yeah right, you're the cutest guy here.” She teased.


“Manly!” His voice rose slightly.


“Naw, you're cuter than the cupcakes from Coffee && Donuts.” Z giggled at Minho's now very much red face.


“I'm not cute!” His gaze went into the now cold instant coffee.


“Yeah sure.” She smiled, but darted her gaze back at the metal desk on the opposite side of the room. It was still empty, Taemin had yet to arrive today. Minho realized she was no longer looking at him, but longing for a filled spot at the old desk. He looked away, thinking that no matter how much he would try today, she'd just go back to looking at the desk.


“What's your district today?” Mitzy asked.


“South side.” Minho responded.


“South side does have more activity lately. I'm jealous.”


“You two aren't going on patrol?”


“Who knows.” Z finally spoke up.


“Who knows what?” The two girls and Minho jolted at the sound. It was Yunho, wearing black jeans with a rain jacket dripping with Roseport rain.


“W-When did you- w-wait! Who are you?!” Minho's crushed cup had spilled all over his hand, making a small cold coffee puddle on the ground.


“What gives you the right to sneak up on us!” Zainab snapped.


“I didn't sneak up on you guys, I've been here all along.” Yunho's lips turned into a childish pout, his eyebrows furrowed like he was preparing to cry.


“All along?!” Minho was just as surprised as Mitzy had looked, and the same amount of anger Zainab had felt.


“Yea-”


Where have you been!” Changmin stormed over to Mitzy's desk.


“Here.” Yunho pouted again.


“No, you were not here an hour ago, when you said you would be! Honestly do I need to push a leash on yo-” Changmin stopped, eyeing Minho and his ruined sleeve. “Get out of here, this doesn't concern you.” Minho's eyes widened. Sure, he has been faced by some pretty rude people- he is a cop after all, but to be bluntly spoken to by another officer like that!


“Hey, don't talk to him like that!” Zainab jumped off the wooden desk.


“I'm not talking to you either, Ms. I-Don't-Know-What-A-Chair-Is.”


“Now now, Minnie” Yunho grabbed on to Changmin's shoulder.


“Don't you 'Minnie' me!” Changmin shouted.


“Hey, I'm not done talking to you!” Zainab continued.


“Well I am!” Changmin barked. Yunho placed himself in between the two. Minho wasted no time to leave the heated discussion before it was too late (for him). Changmin glared at Yunho, but it didn't phase him. Instead, Yunho sighed. He knew all too well that saying anything right now to Changmin would just make him angrier in the end. Although he knew Changmin all too well, Yunho had no idea how to handle Zainab, so for the moment all he could think about doing is block the two before the verbal argument became more then just words. Whenever Zainab took a step, so did he, in order to block the two. Changmin had begun to relax a bit, no longer spouting words of any sort. Zainab, on the other hand wasn't giving up so easily.


“C'mere, say it to my face!”


Say exactly what? Thought her partner. Changmin hadn't really made any rude remarks, except question Zainab's knowledge of what a chair is... I suppose that's rude enough. She nodded, standing up from her desk. She grabbed Zainab's shoulder gently, causing her to jump slightly.


“No, don't you dare try to make me calm down!” She shouted (in a softer tone).


“Apologize to her.” She said despite Zainab's last remark.


“What?” Yunho peered of his shoulder spotting the two girls he towered over. Changmin remained silent for a moment. Perhaps he was searching for the right words to say but nothing came out. He fixed his tie that was perfectly placed to begin with, and cleared his throat. Mitzy wondered if that was what he did when he was nervous.


“Don't be late again.” A murmur escaped his mouth before leaving.


“What a complete dou-”


“Z, don't bother. If he's not man enough to apologize straight up to you, he's not worth your forgiveness.” Zainab sighed at her friend's Ghandi like preach. She hated when she went all philosophical on her, because even if she wasn't right, she sounded right. Sounding right was probably worse then just 'being' right.


“He's not good at apologizing.” Yunho expressed. “In fact he's not very good at showing any sort of emotion except anger... besides that he's very much a robot. Minnie the cold robot.” He sighed again and walked after him.


“What are we suppose to do all day?” Mitzy sat back at her desk, Zainab back on her friend's desk. She shrugged too. Henry soon darted across the room running to Jin's office a coffee-to-go cup in hand. The two giggled at the sight of Henry panicking to get to Jin's office. “How was Baek?”


“The same as always, flirty with a dash of spicy.”


“I feel like a cougar.” Mitzy admitted, picturing Baek in his Coffee && Donuts uniform smelling the flowers that the florist had dropped off an hour before they opened. Then she remembered something else, the florist himself, arranging the flowers with delicate hands and a tender gaze. “I'm turning into a cougar.” She repeated.


“You're actually dating someone though, leave all these cherry boys for me.” She smiled. Her friend opened as if she wanted to say something but Zainab quickly beat her to it. “I know, I know, you two aren't 'actually' dating, just go at each other like rabbits, cuddle all night long, totally not dating.” But she remained silent. “Mitzy..?”


“He called me his girlfriend today.”


“What. What! Oh em Geee! Seriously?! Why didn't you say that the moment I walked in? Or at that very moment!”


“Honestly, I feel like I imagined it.”


“This calls for a celebration! I'll get cupcakes!” She jumped off the desk, but not before Changmin had returned.


“We're taking Yunho out to scope the place.” Changmin spoke as if nothing had happened moments ago.


“So?” Zainab sneered.


“To see if there's any possible hide-outs for them.”


“And?”


“You two are taking us. Obviously, we don't know our way around but you two do.” He began to sound slightly more defensive.
He turned to the coat closet the police department had- it was much more handy then going to your own locker every time to go grab a cup of coffee or going in and out of the building. Yunho was already waiting with his own coat (that he hadn't taken off) by the closet.


Minho crept by us, Bear, the 88 pound german shepherd who's dark fur made it nearly impossible to know if he was actually a german shepherd or an actual miniature bear stood next to him. “Is he okay..?” Mitzy pulled open a drawer which quickly got Bear's attention, his tail began to wag and he seemed impatient when she rustled through a paper bag. “I mean... what he said...”


“He's just a jerk.” Zainab sighed. Out from the paper bag came a biscuit, and Bear's tail seemed to wag at an exciting pace, he jerked trying to move closer to the treat but remained still because Minho hadn't given him permission to grab it. Mitzy teasingly laid the biscuit on top of his muzzle resting on his nose.


“Can I, Minho?” Mitzy finally asked. Minho looked down and noticed the deed. With a chuckle he nodded and returned his attention to Zainab. “Go!” She cheered while the dog jerked the treat up and snatched it. He chewed noisily, while his handler and Zainab spoke together.


“Who does he think he is?” Minho softly grumbled.


“Our boss.” Zainab sneered.


“I don't understand, what about Jin?” He asked.


“I don't really get it either, but something about Jin assigning us to work with or under Changmin, and honestly all it is is annoying.”


“That name sounds familiar.” Minho rubbed his chin with his pointer finger.


“He caught U-know.” Mitzy scratched behind Bear's ear.


“U-know..? U-know?!” Minho nearly shouted but quickly hushed his voice, hoping he wasn't heard by anyone besides the two girls.
“Yeah. That's him right there.” Zainab flicked her head to point it towards the two tall men that waited by the coat closet. Minho stood there in disbelief. He debated going up to Changmin and asking him how he had done it, but the glare Changmin wore still gave hims shivers. Zainab jumped off the desk and stretched. She waited for her partner to finish petting the sitting beast. Mitzy got up too, giving the animal one last pat. They parted ways from Minho who remained awe struck at what he had heard. The women made their way to the closet too, picking their own coats off. Zainab's military green parka, and Mitzy's dark blue military coat with gold buttons. Zainab trotted to the cop car, dirty with rain markers although it wasn't noticeable through the raining environment.


“Shot gun!” Yunho cheered skipping over, but was quickly snatched by Changmin.


“Uhmm, no, I don't think so.” He pulled out the hand cuffs from his pocket. “Don't make me use these.” He showed them to Yunho who pouted at the sight of them. Changmin looked over at Mitzy. Noticing her messy hair that went this way and that with extraordinary volume. “You look like you could out run him.” He said to her.


“Huh?” She spoke in surprise. Was that a compliment?


“Stay in the back seat with him. If he darts out, chase him and tackle him down.”


“Hey, Minnie, I wouldn't do tha-”


“And you, lock the back seat.” He spoke to the girl who's hair was tied in a neat bun under her leafy green parka hood. She furrowed her brows at the command.


Yunho sighed and opened the back door for the girl. “After you, milady.” He grinned. She obliged, wondering if she really could out run the man who was able to out fox what was probably the world for years and years. While waiting inside, she glanced at his legs. He was slightly taller than Jin, both of them wore tight clothing so it was easy to tell how muscular they were. Jin's body looked slimmer, but Yunho's was much more muscular. Horse thighs, she thought. Jin didn't move that much though, and during the last community fund raiser she was able to out run him. She had wondered if he even tried though. Yunho looks like he'd have a higher endurance than Jin, but maybe not his speed. Horse thighs, she repeated.


“You checking me out?” Yunho broke her concentration with a smile through his voice.


Her eyes widened. She looked away clearing and trying to hide her face through her hand and hair. “Of course not.”


“Oh darn. I was totally checking you out.” She could still hear the grin through his voice.


“Shut up.” She told him.


“Hey, she has a boyfriend.” Zainab sneered through the driver's seat. Her obvious distaste towards the men was evident through each sound she made.


“Is it terrible to admire a beautiful body?” Yunho leaned forward, as if to talk to Zainab better.


“I'll file you for ual harassment.” Changmin opened a manila folder. “I have a theory these guys will either be in the most prestigious place or in the most run down.”


“North Roseport is pretty classy. South Roseport is like the slums.” Mitzy answered since Zainab seemed to refuse to talk to either of them.


“Lets go to North Roseport.” Zainab finally spoke. No one refused. There was no reason to refuse. Even though Zainab didn't say why North first, when both girls knew that South had Minho there in just a thirty minute time distance, Mitzy has a feeling that she knew why she had picked North today. She said nothing though, North Roseport had the some gorgeous places.


North Roseport consisted of mansions, estates, and luxurious condos or pent houses. It was usually very heavily guarded in one way or another. North Roseport also rained the least, some different hues of green sprouted here and there. Some spots were still rotting but much less than the rest of Roseport. Besides that, flowers seemed to bloom here and there in beautiful arrangements. They were all probably from the same place as there were very little plant nurseries that still ran in Roseport. Many of the buildings in North Roseport were white, some had green growing up with almost like the ground wanted to swallow up the homes, as if the ground was so envious of the homes on them that they thought if they could swallow them up whole a little bit of their beauty would show through the glum city of Roseport. Perhaps the land was right, the vines and plants growing up the walls of the houses gave it a sort of charm that only Roseport could have. The sun shined only on North Roseport as if the sun tried to over power the rain. It was as if the land was trying desperately to be as beautiful as the beings living within it.


“They say that when there's a sun showers, a wedding is being held somewhere.” Yunho's peppermint breath tickled Mitzy's ear. That's when she realized how close he was. She turned in a jerking motion towards the voice now noticing his distance from her was just five centimeters. She gasped silently at their distance. Sure, she had been that close to a man before, she was always closer to Jaejoong each time they were together. This was different though. Yunho had placed himself at this distance first. She was nervous, to say she wasn't would be a lie. Memories of Jaejoong pressing his body against her ran through her mind, and a strange fear ran through her. He smirked though, as if knowing the thoughts he had provoked in her mind. “I for one think it's very romantic.” The smirk never left his face.


Yunho wobbled suddenly. Zainab had slammed on the breaks. “Watch where you're going!” She yelled at a white Maserati. Mitzy sighed in relief, unknowing to her partner she had saved her from a possible nervous break down. She had discovered that not only was Yunho's movements extremely quiet, he was the type that liked to provoke feelings onto other people. Good feelings or not, he had a way of manipulating people. She gave him a glare, the kind to let a person know that they aren't happy with their gesture. Yunho wasn't looking at her though, and he didn't seem uncomfortable with the stare down.


“What's that?” Changmin broke the silence.


“An estate.” Zainab spoke without much thought.


“No, I mean who's estate?”


They all peered over. “The Mayor's son.”


Changmin thought for a moment then skimmed his notes within the manila folder. “The Mayor's son...? Isn't that-”


“Taemin.” Zainab said with a straight face.



*commercial break*



Changmin opened the door on Yunho's side. Yunho quickly got out and half jogged over to the over side while Zainab was still grabbing her stuff to get out. Yunho opened the door to Mitzy's side as Changmin grumbled about him not thanking him for opening the door. Mitzy gave the brunet a short glare before getting out. “This is a nice place.” He spoke closing the door after her.


“Except for all this rain.” Changmin was holding a black umbrella. He stood very close to Zainab, but as well keeping his distance. His shoulder was getting wet from all the rain but his head remained dry, as for Zainab, she also remained dry from the rain- and not just because of her parka. Changmin's shoes were also getting muddy from the rain. His black dress shoes were beginning to be stained brown with hints of water droplets all over them. Thank goodness they were leather and would easily wash off if he used some sort of protector for them, but he didn't seem to care. Zainab gave him a short stare. He glanced at her for a brief moment before furrowing his brows. She gave him a confused yet slightly irritated look with a twitching upper lip. He was the one doing something weird. Why are you glaring at me. She glared back.


“Aww, Minnie's flirting.” Yunho nudged Mitzy with his elbow, with force he probably didn't think he had making her take a step back. He took another look at her and smiled.


“He flirts by holding an umbrella?” She asked.


“Min is a man of few words. He can't express himself... but he does know one thing. Actions speak louder than words.”


“What are you whispering about?” Changmin had began walking. Yunho opened his umbrella, another black umbrella that was probably bought in the same place as Changmin's. Or stolen, the girl with the unruly hair thought.


The four of them walked around North Roseport. It was summer, one of the hottest days of summer, but the rain and cool summer breezes brushed against their skin as if trying to cool them down under their coats. It felt as if they were newly weds, shopping for a home to start a new home. At least, that's what Zainab thought. It wasn't too long ago that she was walking the same path doing just that- except she wasn't married, and he wore a fedora and a woolen coat, unlike Changmin's blazer looking coat. There was only one house for sale, and with luck Changmin was able to get the four of them in.


“Why are we here?” Zainab mumbled.


“This is probably what most of the homes look like from the inside. Or an idea.” Changmin answered, folding his umbrella away.


“Meaning that this may give us a clue as to how or where those guys are working.”


“If they're here.” Zainab spoke. What proof was there that these three men were here anyway?


“They're here.” Yunho wiped his feet on the flashy doormat. “Well, maybe not exactly here, but they're in Roseport. I know they're here.”


“What makes you so sure.” Zainab crossed her arms.


“I just know, okay? Trust me.”


“That's kinda hard to do.”


“So the entrance has a library to the right.” Changmin pulled out a small digital camera from the inside of his coat pocket.“There's plenty of space here for tons of blue prints.” Changmin was talking but it sounded like he was talking to himself more than anything else. Zainab sighed, following Changmin. She leaned against the library door frame watching what he was doing. She wasn't one to consider meticulous things, she wanted the big picture. Watching Changmin play detective was refreshing though. He looked like he was playing hide-and-seek. She rested her head against the door frame watching him mumble to himself about how the ceiling might be too high to their liking and the desk would probably be here rather than there, and how the chair was all wrong.


Mitzy removed her coat, holding it between her arms. She roamed around into the kitchen area. She thought how Jaejoong would rest against the counter and drink coffee, and tell her 'good morning', and she thought of how she would no longer do yoga every morning because she wanted to spend those moments with him. She thought of how instead, she'd run harder and faster instead. She thought of how her best friend would come over for dinner dates and later stay to watch a movie with her future boyfriend. She thought about how Jaejoong would rub her inner thigh with his finger tips under the comforter as they watched the movie. She placed her coat on the kitchen counter, opened a few cabinets thinking where she would put the coffee beans.


Zainab continued watching Changmin. He took pictures of things that no one would have thought of. He stopped and looked at her. “What?” He furrowed his brow.


“Are you always like this?” She asked.


“Like what?”


“I don't know... controlling?”


His eyebrows relaxed. “Have you heard of the saying 'if you want things done right, do it yourself'? I want these guys put behind bars. I want them to understand everything they have done, are doing, and thought of possibly doing.” Her expression soften. Z often thought that there were very few people passionate about justice as she was. There are very few people you live, breathe, eat justice and righteousness. Changmin though... Changmin may be one of those few people.


“I get that.” She spoke softly.


“Good.” Changmin walked towards her. “Then you understand my determination.” His pace seemed a little different- maybe it was always the same, but somehow his pace was just slightly different. Changmin relaxed just a little bit that day. He didn't snap anymore, he didn't yell anymore, he remained calm throughout the day. He was calm, and so was Zainab. They had shared a brief moment of understanding. Changmin continued taking pictures too. In the bathroom his upper lip twitched when he flicked the light out.


Zainab followed him, her lip also twitched when she entered. The bathroom was painted baby pink, with lace looking wall paper. Both cringed looking at the sight. “Yuck.” Zainab finally spoke.


“This is terrible. They'd never have a jewelry box in the downstairs bathroom.” His voice was serious, but both puffed a small crackle.


Mitzy had found herself in the master bedroom. The king size bed looked miniscule in the room. Of course it was too fancy for her own taste, but she wondered... maybe this is how the wife of a businessman should decorate their bedroom: marble floors with Chinese rugs.


“what do you think?” Yunho had followed her to the room.


“I think you should stop stalking me.”


“Oh please.” He chuckled. “You already told me you're dating someone. I'm not going to force myself on to you, I'm just letting you know you have other options.”


“I don't want other options. I'm happy.”


“Fantastic. I congratulate you. Not many people can find happiness in this day and age. Do you like this sort of thing though?” He traced his hand the dresser.


“It's not my cup of tea... but the house is lovely. I'd prefer wood flooring..”


“Let me guess, you'd rather stay in with a cup of coffee, a dog or cat sleeping on your lap, and small caresses over going out for champagne in designer gowns with people admiring you.” He smiled. “Can your boyfriend give you that?”


“Yunho” A voice stopped the two before continuing their conversation. “Does this look like anything that they would use?” Changmin had walked in with Zainab close by him. Changmin glanced at the girl within the bedroom, examined her posture then moved closer to Yunho. “Remember what Jin had said. You cross the line and he's not exactly as forgiving as I am.” He whispered barely audible for the other man to hear within a foot of distance.


“I don't know. This looks like something Hero would have, but not exactly... and like something Mickey would want... but not actually buy. I don't think Xia would buy this. So maybe if we can get something about Hero around here...” He looked around. “He might want something flashier though.”


The car ride back was silent, no one spoke. Changming scanned through each photo he had taken, Zainab silently drove, Mitzy watched out the window, and Yunho chewed on his thumb nail staring at the top of Changmin's head. Back at the police department, Changmin printed out all the photos, grabbing another manila folder he wrote something on the tab of it.


“So if this is what the average home looks like in North Roseport, where would they hide their plans?” Changmin turned to Yunho who scanned the photos.


“Look, if Mickey is coming up with the plans then he'll have it so out in the open that no one would even think about it really. Hero would keep it locked up somewhere discreet. Xia doesn't make plans, he just follows them. If Mickey or Hero are hiding in North Roseport, they'll be hiding in the most extravagant place you can find.”


“Well, the Mayor's wife is holding a banquet... Do you think they'd go there?” Zainab scratched at the edge of Mitzy's desk- what now seemed like the meeting area for the four.


“Hero always did like a good tasting party.” Yunho smiled.


“But there's no concrete evidence that either of them will be there, right?” Mitzy ruffled her own hair, making it a bit more bed head like then it was moments ago.


“If there's a possibility on getting us one step closer, I don't care if we have to go to a strip joint.” Changmin stacked the photos inside the folder.


“You seemed a bit buddy-buddy with the boss dude today.” Mitzy smiled at her partner as she got dressed to go home.


“Gross, no. But there's no point in fighting all the time if we have to work together right?”


“Yeah sure.” she smiled. “How are you though?”


“I'm okay, why do you ask?”


“Well today with Tae-”


“I'm fine.” She quickly stopped her.


“Okay.” she nodded no longer pressing on. “I'll see you tomorrow?”


“Yeah.” She turned to gather her things before leaving



*Commericial Break*
 


Jaejoong had arrived later than usual. He unlocked the door and shuffled inside. “Mitzy?” He called out but there was no answer. He tugged on his tie and slipped out of his shoes. “Mitzy?” He called out again but still no answer. He checked the kitchen first but she wasn't there. The bedroom. He thought and sure enough there she was. She held a coffee mug, the television was on but her face hung low. He walked over to her. “Mitzy?” He whispered but she was already fast asleep with soft slow breaths. His fingers gently pulled the mug out of her hands, cold coffee filled half the mug. Mmm, half full or half empty... He smiled placing his hand behind her head, his other on the small of her back. Her nose touched the smooth fabric of the shirt, but the smell was what woke her. Today he smelled like cigarettes, dry wine, with hints of peach and sandalwood. He was going to lay her down when he realized something: She was gripping on to him taking long deep inhales.
“What are you doing?” His whisper was masked by his soft laugh.


“You smell good.” She inhaled again.


“Were you waiting for me?”


She didn't answer, instead she continued to inhale him, trying to drug herself with the smell of him. She held on to him a little tighter before he spoke again.


“I missed you too.” He pulled her to lay on her back.


“Really?” She asked.


“You have no idea.” He smiled. Jaejoong buried his face in her hair, also taking a deep inhale. She smelled like coconut and lime. She must have taken a bath before he had arrived. Her breath tasted of caramel, while his of peppermint. Skin and skin, salty sweat mixing with one another, and goosebumps were created between the two. That was okay though. She wasn't willing to let him go just yet, and he wasn't willing to leave that night.


Two floors below, Zainab laid on the floor of her room, her calves were propped up on her bed. Changmin is still a jerk, she thought, but he seems like a nobel jerk... whatever that means. She motioned her hand in front of her face. A small gold chain bracelet hung from her wrist with a small “T” charm swinging back and forth. How are you? She asked the charm's original owner. How have you been? Do you miss me like I miss you? She bit her lip. “This is stupid.” But I'll see you soon, okay? She sighed, putting her hand down on her side. I'm so stupid.” She spoke those lasts words before closing her eyes. The soft carpet cushioned her body that night, and a warm breeze kept her comfortable. Perhaps tonight the world took pity on her, and let her sleep peacefully. Or maybe, it was just a good day, and needed to end on a good note.


Across the city, Mirotic hotel was lit up in every level. Each light glowed a gold hue that decorated the skyscraper like a christmas tree. Changmin was on the sixth floor, sitting on a queen sized bed cross legged. Scattered across the bed and floors where files, papers, folders, and photos. He had a map on his lap with a few red X's and O's here and there. He crumbled the map and tossed it across the room, landing perfectly in a small tin garbage can. He still had no idea how close or how far he was to reaching his target. He sighed, falling back onto the bed. Something had to be done though.


Yunho was in the same hotel. He had finished lifting weights from the hotel gym. Girls walking here and there gave him flirty smiles and winks. He smirked at them, sure, but there was something that didn't feel at peace with himself. While everyone laid in bed resting for a harder next day, Yunho watched the city lights dim with the sunrise. A small glass of soju was his company through the night. I'm going to catch you. Was the only thing that ran through his mind, but he never specified who he was going to catch.



*Credits Roll*