Episode Three

Catch Me If You Can

 

  He sat at the head of a long table, tapping a pen on a lined notebook. It was empty except for tiny dots created from the tapping of the gold and black fountain pen. His mind was racing around with thoughts he seemed to try to push away. His fingers had brushed his lips by mistake and all the thoughts came flooding in. A fury of memories washed away all possible thoughts of anything productive: the smell of coconut and lime lingered on his body, warm olive skin with hints of gold highlights here and there, and dark messy long hair that never seemed to care which way to go covering her face- covering his face- like a blind fold for them as they tried to find each others lips, and her small moans when he kissed her shoulder blade. She wasn't here but he was thinking of her.
Is this what drunk love is? He was no longer tapping his pen. Drunk: like the nights when he actually didn't spend time with her, drunk like the vodka bottle that rested half empty on the bar shelf, drunk like the night he almost called her to tell her something he has never told her, drunk was how he wished he was right now, not thinking about how he had to work, was this what drunk love is? Maybe I should get drunk again. Drunk courage was better than no courage, but things would change if he said the three stupid words.

The pen fell from his hand. He pictured her in an open field, her messy hair being brushed by the gentle breeze of the summer night, her teeth shown like the little stars in the sky when she turned almost in a dance to face him. He pictured himself, his fingers lightly traced her arm and suddenly her hair was in his face, the way he loves it, and her lips was on his chin because she barely could reach him on her toes. He tried to withhold a smile, he tried to not think of her frame lightly being traced by the small flickering lights of fireflies.

One of the many phones within his briefcase began to ring. He fiddled through trying to find the right one when suddenly after the third ring he found it. “Hello?”

“How's business?” A male voice rung through.

“Slow. They're still discussing it.” Jaejoong answered in a somewhat annoyed tone.

“Whatever they discuss doesn't matter, does it? The outcome will be just as we hoped. Did you plant the cranberries?” Cranberries was a lot less suspicious than saying 'bugs' or 'microphones'.

“All taken care of... where are you?” the sound of machines seemed to buzz through from the phone.

“The gym, my lord is your girlfriend planning on running a marathon or something? She's been on this treadmill for the past thirty minutes without slowing down her pace or anything. That's some insane .”

Jaejoong snorted “She runs when she's nervous... and she usually does it before and after work. I made her a little late to work though so she might not have ran to work...” He smiled at the memories, spending a few extra minutes in bed with her. This time, he was the one who pulled her back rather than her, she happily obliged. “Or she's really nervous.” He thought to himself for a moment. He knew her more than he led on. He knew her tiny quirks, like how she'd contort her lips forward if she was touched when she didn't want to. He knew her tiny mannerism, like how jogging was a stress relief.

On the other side of the line, a man with long chestnut hair tied into a ponytail that looked more like a rabbits tail with bangs that covered his eyebrows, he had prominent cheek bones with a five o'clock shadow. What was really interesting where his pouty lips and nose that looked a little too big for his face. He walked on the treadmill, talking on a rather brand new smart phone. His pace was slow, and he looked forward as he talked into the phone. He wore sweat pants and running shoes, but they all looked new- too new- as if he just got them from the store and slipped into them. His clothes weren't sweaty either, they looked as if they still hung on the manikin really.

Beside him, Mitzy was jogging with her hair tied in a pony, and headphones blasting music so loud the man beside her could hear them. She jogged like she was trying to win something, concentrating on a small spot before her and breathing calmly through . Her hair swished from side to side with each passing step. The man peered over at her every once in a while, with a face of envy and disbelief. Running that much shouldn't be humanly possible. “Is that why you're all over her? Because of her stamina or...” he trailed off when he noticed something. Not exactly a 'thing' though, he had noticed someone.

“Don't be jealous.” Jaejoong chuckled softly over the phone. “Actually, nevermind, I kinda like being envied.”

“.”

“What?” Jaejoong asked, picking up his pen again preparing to have to write something down quickly if he had too.

“I just saw a rat.”

“There?”

The man pushed a button and lowered his speed by one number. Mitzy hasn't payed attention to her surroundings, she was still focused on her music, running, and reaching some unofficial goal in her head. Yunho was standing beside her. Waving his arm in front of the girl he was finally able to get her attention. She pulled out one earphone, the one closest to him, and slowed her pace.

“You come here often?” Yunho smirked.

“Are you trying to be funny?” She asked, grabbing a small towelette to dry her face.

He laughed, gums revealing white bone like he brushed his teeth several- numerous times a day. “I'm just teasing. Although my offer is still up.”

“What offer?”

“We can go jogging together, or work out together or something.”

“I don't think you understand that I am seeing someone.”

He smirked, “I don't see his name on your forehead, so he obviously doesn't own you. Besides, it's just jogging.”

“Why are you here...” she sighed, the question sounded more rhetorical but Yunho didn't risk making her anymore angry.

“Changminnie asked me to come get you.” he lied. “We're gonna discuss what the next step is.” he somewhat lied. “And I thought it'd be a good idea if you were there.” he didn't lie.

What Yunho failed to say was that Changmin didn't ask for either of the women to come in to talk about what they should do next, he had only asked Yunho to do so, and of course Jin. Yunho had realized that by now, Mitzy should be at the police department, but she wasn't at her desk nor had she returned since the first thirty minutes of her arrival. Yunho had called out to Henry, the faded auburn haired boy who jumped at the sound of his name. Henry couldn't stop fidgeting as Yunho asked him where Mitzy could possibly be as she had been there earlier than he had the past few days. Henry nervously bit on his lip, unsure whether to answer or not. When Yunho questioned the skiddish boy again, he answered that she was probably in the gym across the street. All officers were allowed a two hour paid gym break, but not many actually took advantage of the offer- Mitzy was one of the few that regularly did.

Mitzy stopped the treadmill. “Fine.” She said as she hopped off, grabbing her gym bag and flinging it over her shoulder. Yunho's genuinely smiled at her, watching her as she jumped off the treadmill and began making her way out. He stopped though, and glanced at the man who continued to walk on the treadmill. He smirked slightly, watching the man who nodded and “mm(ed)” as he continued to talk on the smart phone. Yunho turned, paying no more mind to the man and quickly followed after the girl.

“Rat.” The man spoke finally.

“He was there?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yeah, hitting on your lady friend too.” The man stopped the machine, he still hadn't broken a sweat, in fact he still looked like he was some sort of moving manikin... an attractive moving manikin though.

“He was what?” Jaejoong clenched his fountain pen a little tighter.

“If your manhood being questioned?” The man chuckled slightly.

“That's not funny Yoochun.” Jaejoong clenched his jaw.

“I don't know, it seems like a battle between two alpha males trying to get a taste of the choosey female.” Yoochun laughed at his comment, imagining the two males fighting like coyote's or buck's trying to impress a female. “They do say is cheap.”

“Yoochun.” Jaejoong's voice no longer sounded cheerful, nor kind.

“Finish the job, Jaejoong. I'll keep an eye out on the Rat...” Yoochun stood on the treadmill, and looked around for a second. “Junsu, are you on the line too?”

“I'm a little busy, Chun.” another muffled voice spoke on the line.

“I'll leave it to the both of you for now, yes?” Yoochun smirked while hanging up. He got off the treadmill, he grabbed his water bottle that rested on the cup holder on the machine and stuffed his phone into his pockets. He walked away from the gym, paying no mind to anyone around him. Walking away, taking back allies to make sure he wasn't seen by anyone. He removed his wig tossing it in a garbage can, revealing short black hair, and took off a fake nose chucking the unbelievably big thing away from himself- showing his short small one. Even his lips changed, as the top one somehow looked slimmer and his bottom more pouty. His smile was precious, accenting his cheekbones even more, his plump bottom lip touched the bottom of his upper teeth, and defined smile wrinkle made him seem like a smilie character- not at all old.

“Yah, he could at least say good bye.” Junsu muffled a groan. “Aish. I hate wires.”

“Junsu, you'll be ready for tonight?”

“Of course. A few little wires won't keep me away from that Leo.” Junsu spoke into a headphone set that securely stayed on his head as he hung upside-down like a bat. Wires of all different colors, lengths, and widths wrapped around him, coiling themselves creating a cocoon of sorts for him. Some were torn, with the actual wire frayed poking through. It looked like he was in some sort of attic where pipes ran from corner to corner, he hung from the thickest wire actually. The room was dark except for a tiny flashlight on the side of the headset. From what could be seen, he was wearing all black or really really dark grey, tight garb that even covered his fingertips and neck. One of his cheeks looked a bit red though, as if one of the wires had given him a good shock.

“That's good to hear. I'll talk to you later, okay?” Jaejoong moved the phone to rest on his shoulder instead of holding it with his hand. The gold cufflinks matched the pen and the emblem of the briefcase he kept with him. In fact, the emblem on his cuffs were the same as the one on his phone case, fancy gold decorated a corner of the phone case and the briefcase.

“Hey, don't listen to Yoochun. I'm sure your very nice girlfriend isn't cheating on you.” Junsu twitched when a small flicker of light came from the wire he was cutting. He meant what he said, he didn't have a reason to lie to his friend.

“Junsu... I wasn't even thinking about that, so thank you for the new thing to worry about.” Jaejoong sighed, half heartedly teasing the other. He knew that Junsu meant well, he may be many things but he wasn't a liar. The truth was though: Jaejoong hadn't thought of Mitzy cheating on him until now.

“Oh uhmm...” he fidgeted, “ well, I'm sure she isn't cheating on you anyway.” Junsu gave an awkward chuckle, but quickly yelped an ow. “Stupid wires. I'll talk to you later, my hands are full.” Junsu was curling up, as if doing sit ups in the air in order to better position himself to manipulate the wires better.

“Okay. I'm hanging up.” And Jaejoong did. He tapped his fountain pen again. Jaejoong began to grow more impatient. He clenched and unclenched his pen, his jaw stiffened as he swallowed the last bit of saliva that had collected within his mouth. A lady in a tightly buttoned suit that emphasized her tiny waist walked over to Jaejoong, she held a bottle of what looked like tequila, and a fancy crystal glass with intricate carvings decorated the bottom of the glass.

“Petron?” She asked, “The President would like to apologize for the delay.” She sat on the table facing him. She served the liquor into the glass.

Jaejoong said nothing, he smelled the beverage for a few seconds. To the average person it looked as if he was just enjoying the drink the same way one would enjoy wine: look at it, smell it, hear it, and then taste it. Jaejoong was smelling it for a different reason, then took a sip once confident it wasn't venomous. He the front of his teeth, as if savoring the last hints of the liquor in his mouth. Drunk, it's how I want to be.

“Would you like another?” The pixie haired girl touched the hand that held the glass as she poured more.

“Don't touch me.” He said, chugging the drink down and setting the glass down. “Tell your boss that he should just agree to the terms, not send a woman to persuade me otherwise.”

“Oh, that was not his intention. Please don't take this offensively, I volunteered you see.”

“Then I'm sorry to inform you but I'm not interested in other women.”

“Other? I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were married.”

He stopped, realizing the words he said. He implied there was a woman he was interested in. “I'm dating someone.” He grinned slightly. “Yeah, I'm dating someone.” He stood up, “Tell your boss that I'll be waiting for the money at four p.m. Eastern time. Any later and well...” He smirked. “I think he will understand. Now if you'll excuse me, I have flowers to buy.” He exited the room, walking proud with his head held high, he may not own the deed to the building, but at that moment, even the CEO would have bowed if he had walked past him.


**commercial break**


Back at the Police Department, Yunho was having trouble closing his umbrella. “That's why you should just wear hood jackets instead.” Mitzy cracked a smile.

“I still get wet. The tips of my hair and chin gets soaked, and then I have to wash my face or something. I like being clean.” Yunho furrowed his brow as he tried to forcefully shut the umbrella until the frustration got the better of him and he kicked it. The black umbrella went flying down the side walk. “I hate you too!” He shouted, causing Mitzy to laugh. She covered with her left hand as her cheeks became red. “You have a cute laugh.” Yunho's eyes got smaller as he smiled.

Mitzy choked slightly at the words. “That's not funny.” Her face nearly pouted, until she realized how childish that would seem, her lips rolled away into a straight line.

“Oh my, did I hit a sore spot?”

“You better get that umbrella before I fine you for loitering.” One of her brows moved downward.

“Touchy.” He smiled, then quickly ran from the safety of the shelter provided by part of the Police Department to get the umbrella.
Almost as if the devil had been summoned, Changmin walked out. “What's with the athletic look..?” Changmin eye'd the girl.

“I was running.” She spoke in a monotone way. Yunho had arrived just before Changming could speak another word.

“Changminnie!” He cheered.

“Stop with the 'minnie', I told you to be here on time.”

“I was on time! I just went to go get Mitzy. Now that we're here we should go get breakfast.” Both Changmin and Mitzy looked at the tall brunet in disbelief. Mitzy grabbed her phone to see the time, making sure if Zainab was or wasn't there.

“Breakfast does sound good.” Changmin looked down at the ground, despite having three cups of coffee and two premade microwave breakfasts, the thought of someone cooking for him made his stomach growl. “Lets get breakfast.”

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” Yunho chimed.

Zainab walked out of Coffee && Donuts, holding two to-go cups, but stopped as she spotted the three outside. “Why are you all out here?” She eyed the wet Yunho.

“We're getting breakfast!” Yunho cheered.

“Oh... kaaayy...?” She handed her partner her to-go cup, with a little note from Baek Seung Heon, with curly handwriting saying 'come in to see me sometime' and a tiny heart next to his initials (B-SH, as he wrote it). Zainab's cup had a similar handwriting, but her note read “love seeing your face every morning” with the same initials and tiny heart.

“Lets just go to Coffee && Donuts, I could go for an egg sandwich.” Mitzy sighed, but internally thankful she was going to be able to see Baek.

The four walked into the small cafe, today it was decorated with orange Asiatic lilies, fuschia carnations, red Peruvian lilies, and lavender chrysanthemums throughout the entire cafe, some sat in small bowls on tables, others on the counter to see the beautiful lush flowers as one ordered, others rested on windowsills or with the food in the display box. Of course, anyone with severe flower allergies never came in but they were unfortunate for not being able to behold the fresh arrangements created every day. Changmin stood by the register, looking at the large menu in hand written cursive above the bagels. “What's the bacon sampler...?” He asked biting his lip to not show his watering mouth.

“Ham, bacon, canadian ham, three sunny side-up eggs, and a biscuit. You can trade the biscuit for three mini pancakes though.” Baek popped up from behind the counter, it looked like he was organizing some of the strawberries for the strawberry cheesecake.

“Mini pancakes sound really cute.” Yunho stood behind the girls.

“I want the vegetarian omelet, with sausage on the side and chopped ham inside.” Zainab smiled at the tall, thin young man.

“That defeats the purpose of vegetarian though.” Baek's dimples were one of Mitzy's favorite features of the boy.

“But mushrooms and potatoes...” Zainab's lips quivered.

“We do have good potatoes.” Baek's dimples reappeared.

“I'll have the strawberry banana french toast delight.”

“On your tab Miss. Mitzy?” Baek smiled, flashing those dimples she loved.

“Please, Baek.” She smiled back.

“Should I leave you two alone?” Yunho teased, bending forward, closing the gap between him and her.

“I already told Miss Mitzy that when she breaks up with her boyfriend that I'm next in line to date her.” He placed his elbows on the counter, giving the girls a grin. “I told Miss Zainab that I'll date her too if she gave me the chance.”

“Okay casanova, I think it's time for you to finish taking our orders.” Zainab pinched the boy's cheek and yanked it to the side some.

“Ai, ai, ow!” The boy whimpered and massaged his cheek. “Anything else?” he pouted.

“I want the turkey sandwich.” Yunho spoke up.

“Bacon sampler.” Changmin was the last to order, “and the party coffee.” The party coffee wasn't anything extravagant, it simply meant to bring a coffee pot server, enough to serve four people. Baek scribbled the order down, “coming right up!” The girls walked over to the table with a beautiful arrangement of flowers by the window as the rain poured, hitting the glass like a small song. Changmin and Yunho hadn't left the register, but the girls had already told Baek to put their order in their tab. They sat across from each other so they can both sit by the window.

“Rain is so lovely.” Mitzy told her friend.

“I'm glad you moved here. You get rain all the time.” She touched the petals from the orange lily. The cut was fresh, it was probably cut the night before and arranged that morning.

The men walked back, Changmin sat down by Zainab, while Yunho sat by Mitzy. “So, I'm not sure when they arrived to Roseport but I'm pretty sure it was while I was away.” Yunho's words made Changmin raise his head to look at his partner. “Roseport is beautiful. North Roseport is, really, Hero told me about it once, and I vowed to take them when we were settled in with a decent income.”

“You mean robbed income.” Zainab corrected.

“The point is, when we had enough to settle in here; To retire that is. Besides, if we ever needed more money it seemed like Roseport would have been an easy target to uhmm... pick at.”

“Do you still feel that way?” Mitzy asked. The fact that someone had told her that Roseport is an easy target gave her a slight chill. She, her partner, and everyone else int eh police department had worked so hard to keep the streets of Roseport clean for their lovely city.

“I'm not going to deny that Roseport still has a bit of a weakness. It's clean, too clean up in North Roseport, and South Roseport from what I've heard is too dirty. How are you going to tell someone your pearls are stolen if you don't remember you had them? Likewise, I'm sure the people in North are extremely proud, they wouldn't want their neighbor knowing they own a sleaze bag a bank account worthy of money. South Roseport is the same, it's so dry from fruits, if there was an apple growing it would be stolen before it had a chance to become sweet, and what would the people say? 'I told you not to plant that tree there.' it's also running full of people dying to get their hands on treasure, they'd give their souls for a golden bar. Sure, crimes are hard to hear in North, West, and East Roseport, but as you both know South is still heated. There may not be much to steal, but the city is easy pickings if you play your cards right.” Yunho's words rung in the girls ears. They had tried so hard to keep the streets clean, was it all in vain or did it make matters worse?

“One day Roseport won't have to worry about stupid crimes.” Zainab spoke out.

“That's a little hard to believe, as time progresses it seems that the world changes too, for better or for worse, I'm not sure, but that doesn't mean that things will be clean. When there's a stain, covering it up may not be enough.” Changmin's voice was soft, it reminded Zainab of Mitzy's Ghandi moments.

“Then I'll bleach it out until everything is white.” She said.

“Bleach smells bad.” Baek was standing before them, pouring coffee into four mugs, their 'party coffee' had arrived. “The food should be out shortly.” he smiled at the four and walked away.

“Bleach does smell bad.” Yunho nodded.

The door creaked open. In walked two guys, one- the taller of the two wore a baggy black sweater, while the shorter wore a very much used police jacket. The shorter of the two also looked thinner than his companion. His companion had his almond hair brushed back showing off his forehead, the hair from his sides were much short letting his small ears poke out. Under the black oversized sweater hints of something bulky was worn underneath- like a bullet proof vest, his pants were the same as his partners, like a uniform. The shorter of the two didn't have lips as undefined of full has the other but their hair was similar, except that he wore his hair to the side rather than flinging it back. Despite his legs being thinner, and him being short, they both looked as if they were muscular, the taller just looked beefier. Zainab shivered, small goosebumps appeared on her forearms. Changmin looked at her than at the two men that walked in. The taller of the two spotted the girls and waved as he trotted towards them. “Breakfast here too?” He asked

“Breakfast is always better at Coffee && Donuts, Kai.” Mitzy sipped from her mug. Zainab continued to look down at her mug, not looking up but nodded at the man's words.

“Hey Z,” the shorter of the two stood beside his partner. “Mitzy.” he said without looking at the girl, instead he looked over at Zainab who continued to look down at her mug. “Uhmm..”

“Oh, I'm Yunho, and this is Changmin.” Yunho moved his hands to gesture the two as he spoke.

“Pleasure.” He smiled. “You must be new to the city, welcome to Roseport. My name is Taemin, and this is my partner Kai.” He took gestured at his partner.

Changmin cleared his throat. “As pleasurable as it is to meet the citizens of Roseport and it's... workers...” Changming sized Taemin. “We're a little busy with real work.” He furrowed his brow.

Taemin looked perplexed, as if being told that what he did for a living wasn't worthy enough for Changmin's attention- that's how he felt anyway. “P-pardon.” He stuttered.

“Don't listen to him, Tae, he's just a grumpy sour puss.” Zainab snapped.

Taemin smiled at the girl defending him even if she wasn't looking at him, but smiled even more warmly at the sound of his nickname. “Well, I just wanted to invite you to my mother's summer party, she has three of them each summer, but it's a good way to meet the people of Roseport.”

“I'll keep that in mind, thank you.” Changmin no longer looked at the two, his brows remained furrowed, but his mind was taking in all the information he needed. From what he understood, Zainab wasn't comfortable around one of the two males, but that doesn't mean she won't defend them. Yunho smiled crookedly at his partner. He too was piecing things together. Changmin was never one to care for what others think of him, he shrugged off offensive words as well as compliments the same way, but he was gentleman enough to respect women, and if it meant to be looked at poorly for a woman to be comfortable in her own skin he didn't mind sneering a few hurtful words here and there. His mother raised him right. Yunho thought, grinning.

“We should go Kai.” Taemin wrapped his arm around his partner.

“Uhmm yeah, okay.” Kai also seemed a bit nervous standing so close to Changmin.

Baek was holding a tray full of food when he noticed the two men standing. “I'll get your order in a second.” He spoke with a smile as he placed each meal in front of each person. Yunho was about to stab his food with a fork when a strange voice started talking.
A beep and then “Taemin” and a weird scratching sound. The voice was familiar though. Beep, “Taemin!” and another scratching sound. Taemin pulled out a walkie talkie.

“What is it?” He spoke into it.

“You need to get up here now.” Minho spoke.

“What's going on?” Zainab finally looked up.

“Taemin, someone broke into your house!” barking noise was heard from the walkie talkie. “, I think they're still- Taemin get your up here!” Both men darted out the door without a good bye nor a farewell.

“It's them.” Yunho's face lit up. “It's them, I told you they're here!”

Changmin stood up without even trying the food, “We're going.” Was the last thing he said before the three of them ran after him.
Baek remained still, holding the tray close to his chest. “They didn't even drink all the coffee.” He sighed.


**Commercial break**


“I left the alarm on!” Taemin shouted. Kai was on the top floor looking to see if anything had been stolen, while Minho was with Bear outside with another officer talking about how his dog would not stop barking at the building, and had gotten in because the door was not only unlocked- but cracked open. Yunho looked at the ceiling of the house, big open spaces with only a grand chandelier.

“Your attic...” Yunho began. “Can I see it?”

“My attic? My house was broken into and you want a tour of my house?!” Taemin spoke in a panic but he did not seem angry at all by the request.

Changmin grabbed his shoulder, squeezing it a little tighter as he spoke. “I advise you to show us your attic.” Taemin's eyes widened, but without any further pressure he lead them to his attic with a nod. The attic was hot and musky, it felt humid enough for the air to be cut with a butter knife. Nothing looked out of place nor strange, so Yunho took a few steps forward. He rubbed his chin looking around. Taemin continued to look paniced, but he didn't say a word. Changmin let Yunho roam around, silently waiting for the man to say something- anything.

“What does your father do, Taemin?” Yunho leaned forward to get a better view of the things around the attic- mainly boxes, taped closed.

“H-he's the mayor of Roseport... and one of the chairmen for LLF.” Taemin stubbled on a few of his words.

“LLF... the law agency? Lee Law Firm or something or rather?” Yunho looked back at the younger.

“Yes.”

“What does a law agency have anything to do with them?” Changmin's words were directed at Yunho, who shrugged slightly as he continued looking around.

“Them?” Taemin asked.

“This doesn't concern you.” Changmin gave Taemin a quick glare without moving his head to look at him, then focused back on Yunho.

“And your mother?” Yunho asked.

He felt unsure whether to answer of not after the kind of response Changmin gave him, but if it meant finding out who did this, “She's a party planner. She doesn't really do it often though, it's more like a hobby.” Taemin answered. Zainab had made her way to the attic too, seeing the two men standing around looking over at Yunho. She rubbed Taemin's back slightly, but his flinched made her pull her hand back, and mumble a 'sorry'.

“No, I just.. sorry, I'm just... it's nothing about you.” Taemin continued to fumble on his words. “L-lets get some t-tea.” He told her, walking away from the two men in his attic. Zainab followed behind, her chest tightened looking at Taemin looking so uneasy, but she didn't care. At that moment, she thought that Taemin needed her, so she was going to be there for him, no matter the consequences. She told him to sit down at the breakfast bar as she prepared tea. It was as if she had lived there her whole life, she knew where the silverware would be, his tea packets, and even the tea pot. Taemin watched her, biting at his lip. “You know me too well.” He said.

“Oh?” she prepared the tea leaves.

“I guess so.” He sighed. He didn't say another word, and nor did she. She sat next to him, waiting for the tea to be ready, watching him as he bit on his thumb nail. You do that when you're nervous. Taemin didn't look at her, but he suddenly exhaled a relaxed sigh. Zainab touched his knee, a soft as if to remind him that he isn't alone. Taemin thought about how he was going to tell his parents, Zainab thought about how he didn't want to face his parents.

“You'll be okay.” She said when the teapot reminded the two that there was something brewing.

“Yeah.” He said, watching her back as she poured the hot water into light blue mugs. He said 'yeah', but it was mainly to calm her. He didn't want to worry her anymore than she should, especially now. It wouldn't be fair to her, to make her worry for unnecessary things. “I'll be okay.” he repeated. She walked back, handing him the mug. They both sat in his kitchen, unsure of what to say to one another, but the fact that they were drinking tea in silent made them nearly forget all the trauma. “I'm sorry.” Taemin broke the silence.

“For what?” She asked.

“You know for what.”

Her eyes saddened at his words. “Oh.”

“It was just not meant to be.” He said. “But I still hurt you. I'm sorry.”

“I don't hate you.”

“I know. I'm glad you don't... but you deserve to be happy.” His words made her press her hand against her chest as if trying to fill that weird hole caused by his words. She wanted to fill up the pain, but nothing was enough. “You still have it.” She looked up at him, unsure as to what he meant. “The charm.” He pointed to the hand clenching her shirt collar.

“I do.” His smile made her relax, but she could still feel the stinging and squeezing of her lungs. Her muscles were calm, but her lungs ached. “I do.”

“It's in good hands.”

“I forgive you.” Her eyes watered.

Taemin was finally serene. “Then maybe it's time to move on.”

“Maybe.” She put the mug down to wipe her eyes.

“You'll be okay too.” Taemin rubbed her back.

“I should be the one comforting you.” She chuckled slightly, but hearing the words 'move on' felt more like train running over her numerous times.

“You did. You forgave me.” He continued to rub her back. She wondered if that was what he wanted though: to move on. Did he want to leave her behind like a chapter in his book, when she thought of him as the beginning, the middle and when it happened the end. She had hoped for a sequel, a way for things to be lovely again, but Taemin never asked. Taemin never tried to author the next book. Taemin was too busy trying to turn to the next page of his life... wherever it may lead him.


**commercial break**


“Oh!” Yunho ran over to a box.

“What?” Changmin ran over.

“Look!” Yunho pointed.

“What about it. It's just a regular box...” Changmin began to get irritated at the other.

“Yes, but it's open.” Yunho moved the cardboard flaps out of the way.

“So?”

“All the rest are taped shut.” Yunho opened the box but groaned when he realized what was inside. “Dang it.”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“What?” Changmin asked again.

“Nothing! Nothing! There's nothing inside!” Yunho showed him the box. Sure enough it was completely empty. There weren't any labels on the box, nothing really that stood out except for the fact that it wasn't taped shut.

“What could have been inside..” Changmin looked around the room trying to see if there was another open box. “Lets go ask Taemin. He might know.” The two picked up the box and headed down to look for the house owner. “Taemin!” Changmin yelled out, making his jump. “What was in this box?” He pointed at the box Yunho was showing.

“Uh... I don't know..?”

“How can you not know, this is your own house, how can you not know what is in your own house?” Changmin was becoming more irritable by the second.

“If he says he doesn't know than he doesn't know!” Zainab yelled back.

“I wasn't asking you.” The tension between the two was clear.

“I really don't know. My dad asked me to store some things for him in my attic. I don't have much stuff so I told him it was fine, but I never checked what was inside.” He paused. “Do you think they stole whatever was in there?”

“Well it is empty” Yunho looked inside the box.

“How are you so sure it's them?” Zainab asked.

“They didn't steal any money. They didn't steal any goods. Flipping tortillas, I don't know what they stolen, Taemin.” Kai was frustrated for not being able to find a single clue.

“They stole whatever it is in this box, which is probably more valuable than this whole house, and everything inside it.”
Minho had let Mitzy walk Bear around sniffing, while he continued to give his report. Jin was on the phone with Minho and the other cop as they spoke about what happened. Mitzy could hear an exchange of sorts, where Jin asked to talk to Changmin. Bear pulled and tugged the leash to the backyard. “Bear... Bear...” But the beast wouldn't listen. Her phone rang, but she struggled getting the phone because of Bear's constant tug-of-war. She was finally able to get the phone to her ear. “He-hello?”

“Hey babe.” could it be? “How are you?” Jaejoong? “I got an early flight, so I'll be seeing you tonight. Do you have any plans?”

“Jae..?” She asked.

“Yes?”

She looked at her phone, she didn't recognize the number. “Is this a new phone?”

“Yeah, I just got it. My last one fell in a puddle and got water inside everywhere. I thought that this would be a good phone for just you.” He smiled on the other line. He was sitting on a chair, his feet propped up on a small coffee table. “Are you busy tonight?”

“No... I'm not busy.”

“Good. I'll see you tonight. I have to go now.”

“I'll see you tonight.” She smiled.

Jaejoong was hung up, beside him was Junsu, in his all black attire. “See, she's not cheating on you.” He smiled looking at a bunch of blue prints scattered around him. “Are you still going to give her those flowers?”

“Yeah.” He smiled, sipping at some red wine.

“Good, you need a day off. It must be hard trying to convince a C.E.O. That it's not right to fake evidence, hmm?” Junsu pulled out a folder full of pictures of a crime scene. “We'll give him a good lesson. Your job is done, take a break.”

“I thought about telling her.”

Junsu's eyes shot at him, no longer paying attention to all the blue prints or photos. “You're going to tell her?”

“Maybe. What's the worst that can happen?”

“You could get arrested.” In walked Yoochun. “Or worse.”

**credits roll**