Episode One

Catch Me If You Can

 “Come back to bed..” I pleaded, turning over to look at him pulling at his dress pants.
 

“I have to get to work.” He spoke softly, buttoning the pants.


“Please come back to bed?” I wiggled through, pulling the duvet with me to cover my chest.


“I have to get to work.” He repeated softly.


“But I want you with me... just a few more hours?” I probably sounded desperate. The night before had driven me mad though. Feeling his body, his skin on mine, his lips with mine, him. Just feeling him.


He turned to face me. “Don't get attached.” He told me again.


I rolled my eyes, and rolled over with the duvet to the bed stand. A black wallet, leather, with some sort of designer insignia stamped on it laid on top- that is until I grabbed it. “Come back to bed, Mr. Kim, of 27 years, 5'9” and 140 lbs... unless you prefer to go by JaeJoong?” I slapped the wallet shut and pulled it closer.


“Hey, don't go through my things unless you're ready for me to go through your dirty laundry.” JaeJoong rustled around the room, but stopped when he held a small black pocket book.


“I don't have dirty laundry.” my smile beckoned for him to return.

“You're a cop?” The black pocket book opened up revealing my badge and police ID.

“I am. You'll always be safe by my side.” My terrible pick-up line coaxed a smile on his lips.

“I guess so.” Jaejoong set my pocketbook on the nightstand, he placed his knee on the bed and crawled forward, pressing his nose against my ear. “I suppose I can stay a little longer.”

 


*Commercial Break*
 


My eyes opened. My hand reached for a body beside me, but no one was there. I turned to face the side where he would lay. Empty arms, empty sheets, everything seemed so empty without him. Jaejoong would come and go as he pleased. Usually, he'd appear in the dead of night, and if I was lucky I would wake up to him. Lately, I have had no such luck. He was also appearing less and less. “Another long day.” I sighed. The morning started the same way: wake up, tie my hair into a bun or pony, stretch, yoga, prepare morning smoothie, jogged to work. I pulled over my running rain jacket, slipped the hood over my head and made my way out.


Roseport is beautiful. It always is. Or at least, I thought so, but I'm an ombrophiliac. It was raining 90% of the time, and the other 10% was snow. In the winter. Because it always rained the grass rotted from too much water, even if there was sun- it would rain. All the buildings were brown or grey or had hints of old washed out graffiti. I maxed out the volume on my ipod, jogging with a small backpack that carried the small essentials I would need at work- my badge and ID mainly, since my gun was the only thing I carried within my jacket. Taking a shower with hot water would feel good the thought ran around my mind numerous times. I wonder if he took a shower at my place, was the other thought running through my head. There weren't any thugs this morning, which was great. It let me sink into my music and thoughts while the rain smacked the little bits of skin that were exposed. The jog felt amazing.


My fingers humbled on the door. It almost became a routine to see how klutzy I could be. Running shoes squeaked as I made my way to the locker room.


“Good morning, Mitzy dear.” Jin peered out of his office. “Those squeaky shoes are always a pleasant to hear.”


“Oh yeah?” I smirked slightly.


“It tells me what time it is.” Won Jong Jin is a tall man, who doesn't look his age at all. His black hair almost always covered his eyes because it just grew too fast. I don't think he minded, I had a theory that Mr. Jin lived here (there's a shower, bathroom, and kitchen area, it's basically a studio apartment without beds as it is) so the hair must cover the light, making it easier to sleep at his desk. That was my theory- not that I ever saw him sleeping.


I laughed slightly. “No peeking.” I told him, making it to the shower room, pulling out a clean uniform and undergarments, locked up my tiny bag and took a hot shower. The Police Department had become my second home. I loved being here- most of all when no one was around (except, Jin is always here, but he doesn't really count). It was quiet and lovely. There was even a cute bakery beside us called Coffee && Donuts, with the best hot coffees, and the city's best doughnuts. Beloved by all of the cops here, no one meddled with it. Thinking of the coffee got my stomach growling beneath the blazing heat of the water. Feeling clean and refreshed, I towel dried my hair. Jin was on the phone, and the night shift cop was clocking out in time for his replacement to show up.


In walked Zainab, with two coffee-to-go cups and a small paper bag- both with the Coffee && Donuts logo plastered on them. “Is one of those for me?” I asked.


“Oooof course!” She handed me the sweet hot to-go cup. “I got you a danish too. The donuts aren't ready yet.”


“Just the girl I wanted to see.” Jin walked over. “Can you get me a coffee too? I need a double shot cappuccino, extra foam. Oh, and a strawberry danish.”


“Do I look like a waitress to you?” Zainab smiled.


“You look like my employee, so I'd hit the road.” Jin grabbed the paper bag checking out what Zainab had ordered for breakfast.


“You owe me!” Zainab sighed and walked slowly out the door, looking back each time pouting at Jin. Won Jong Jin is our commander, our chief, our... boss. He probably looked younger, and a lot more relaxed than anyone here but I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. He made work worth working. Well, along with bringing justice to Roseport that is.


“I need to tell you something.” Jin spoke softly.


“What is it boss?” I teased.


“I'm assigning you and Zainab to an important mission. I just got word of it, it's coming from up top. You two are my best cops, you know? It's only reasonable that it's you two.” Jin was a hard man to bring forth a compliment, so him honoring us by saying “best” and “top” and “you” all in one paragraph nearly made my jaw drop.


“M-me? You sure?”


“Yeah, you two in the past- what? Year? Have taken down almost every phooney out there and then some.” He chuckled.


“It would be an honor. What's the assignment?” I was eager to get started and tell Z all about this, and the compliment- which then I realized. “Why are you telling me this all alone?”


“Well... you see... you're going to be working under someone else. His name is Changmin, his partner.. his name is Yunho.. uhmm you know... “U-know”?” I was stunned. I heard about U-know over the television set about four years ago. He was this huge criminal that... a guy named Shim caught.


“What?”


“Well, I know how Z is, defensive... she's not really fond of criminals. Can't blame her, she's a cop. And the fact that she'll have another boss.” I understood.


“You want me to tell her..”

“Oh, you're so charming. Thank you!”

“W-wait I didn't agree!” But Jin was already headed to his office with my strawberry danish. That's just mean, Jin. Zainab walked over to me, I taking the paper bag in her hand. “He took mine.” I sighed. She laughed slightly. “Listen Z” I started, following her into Jin's office- I wasn't going to tell her alone, that's for sure.

“Hmm?”

“I've got something to tell you...”
 


“WHAT.”


“She's taking it a lot better than I thought she would.” Jin nodded, sipping at his coffee. “Oh, that is some good coffee.”


“Jin, you have got to be kidding me! You are my boss! Not some prissy FBI or CIA agent hooplah!” She was angry... “And what's this about a criminal partner? Who the flipping tortilla does that?!” she had a point, even I was confused.


“Now now, play nice. You two are my little princesses.” Jin's crooked smile was heart melting, but that didn't stop Z. I could see fumes coming out over her ears.


“Princesses my !” She yelled.


“And the best cops I have.” Jin probably knew this was going to work.


“YEAH YEAH BEST COPS MY-- what did you say?”


In all the years that Jin has worked, he has never called anyone “best”. Well, I take that back, he called Coffee && Donuts “best” but he never called a single person- much less someone who works under him, “best”.


“My best cops. So please, be professional. Your behaviour is a reflection of me.” Oh. Nice shot Jin. Using himself was always a weak spot for the both of us.


Zainab turned away, looking at me, then back at Jin. “So what's the assignment?”
 


*Commercial Break*
 


“I don't like the sound of this.” Zainab sat on my desk, chomping away at her own danish. I had to agree though. What kind of cop partners up with a criminal? Why do we have to work under someone other than Jin? I had felt like this somehow breached my contract, but I didn't mutter a word. Zainab continued to complain. “I don't even like this, I wanna be out on patrol.” I agreed again. As much as I like being here, I had a love hate relationship when it started to get busy here. Besides, when we were at work we had a bad habit of going out on patrol and not sitting still. “When is this guy suppose to even turn up anyway?”


I twirled around in my desk chair. “Jin said he sent Henry to pick them up at the Airport.” I twirled around more and more now thinking about what Changmin would be like. I remembered reading about him, impressed at how he caught U-Know. From what I remembered, Changmin was fairly young to be working on such a case, he was considered a prodigy. The fact that he was successful in catching U-know was so astonishing, considering no one had really known who U-know was. Changmin's name was all over the news, although I don't remember him making any sort of appearance. In my mind I put down a list of the few things I knew. U-know, who's real name is Yunho, was a criminal out of my league, a mastermind gone corrupt, and is now working with cops. That's all I knew about him. Changmin is young, and smart- he caught U-know about four years ago, and is now working with him... Changmin is also... now my superior...


Zainab sighed. “Poor Henry.”


“Poor Henry” I echoed. Soon, the PD was being filled with other cops, and other people, either from arrests or coming in to complain about some sort of matter. It was always busy here. That wasn't the strange thing, what was strange was an unfamiliar voice nearly silencing the entire building.


“I-I'm sorry, Mr. Shim sir.” No, not that voice.


“Honestly, you'd think we'd have a much more comfortable ride, but no, they give us the intern who doesn't know his left from right.” That voice.


“Calm down Minnie, it's not like we died.”


“We almost ran over a stop sign!” My twirls stopped. The voice belonged to a tall brunet, with thick eyebrows that were perfectly shaped, his face was slim, but his nose and lips seemed perfectly formed. He looked prettier than me- and well... I'm a woman. I shrunk back into my chair trying to become as small as possible. He reminded me of the time I met Jaejoong, this beautiful thing in the same breathing room as me. I wasn't sure how to react, perhaps it was my nerves or my terrible balance but somehow I had found myself on the floor with a loud thud.


“Oww....” I winced. The attractive fellow stopped complaining, and looked over at me. His brows furrowed for a moment, then he dismissed his gaze with a snap. Excellent, already I made a fool of myself within the first minute.


“Are you okay?!” Zainab jumped off my desk and crouched over to me.


“That sounded painful” This voice- was another new voice- the same one that told the other man to calm down. Looking over head, a hand was reaching over to me.


“Th-thanks.” I muttered grabbing his hand as he helped me up.


“Hey, you're pretty.” The man spoke. He too was tall. I could tell he was muscular by the way his jeans hugged his thighs, his large warm hand still held mine. He is also a brunet, and even though his face was slightly rounder, he was by no means heavier.


“That's what I tell her.” Zainab broke my gaze.


“Uh- I- uhmm..” I tried to pull my arm away, but he just held it slightly tighter.


“Don't be shy.” He flashed his teeth, revealing sharp canines and white bone. “Maybe we can get coffee la-”


“Wonderful, it looks like everyone is acquainted?” Jin was behind me, squeezing the man's forearm which held mine. I couldn't see Jin, and although he didn't sound it- I could feel a threatening vibe coming from him. My hand was released. “Mitzy, this is Jung Yunho, Zainab, this is Changmin.” The man who had helped me up was the criminal U-know?! How can someone so charming be the world's most wanted criminal at some point? “And before I begin I want to set aside some rules, so if you would follow me.”


“Wait-” Changmin stopped Jin's strut. “What do they have anything to do with this?” that question did not sound friendly at all.


“Oh, well, they're going to help you with the case of course.” Jin made his way to his office before speaking another word.


“What.” Changmin sneered slightly. He looked at me, sizing me up, then at Zainab. He didn't seem at all impressed. In fact, he seemed... a strange mixture or both disappointment and disgust.


“Hurry now, Minnie, we need to get started as soon as possible! You never know when they'll strike again.” U-know spoke almost in a sing-song voice. “My ladies.” He gestured for us to walk before him. This was strange. I was suddenly more comfortable with a criminal than with someone in my own profession- a cop.


Zainab was the first to walk in, and sit herself in front on Jin's desk. “Henry!” Henry was a young fellow, from what I understand he was one of the cops' younger brother who was now interning because he wanted to enter the family career of choice. Unfortunately for him, he had become Jin's personal slave.


Henry ran in, “Y-yes sir?” Once looking at Min, I swore I could hear him gulp.


“Get me a venti americano, three shots, with cream.” Henry stood trying to think if there was a name for such a drink since the concoction already. “I'm not paying you to stand there, Mr. Lau.”


“O-oh, yes sir!” Henry darted out the door, probably happy that he was going to be in the safety of Coffee && Donuts rather than here.


“You should revoke his license while you're at it.” Changmin began to grin his teeth once the patter of Henry's feet was no longer audiable.


“Nonesense, he's just timid.” Jin opened his old coffee-to-go cup, and tossed the cup into a trashcan already over flowing with old carton cups. “Now then,” he intertwined his fingers together. “rules, Changmin, I'm entrusting you my best cops, so I must ask that you do not abuse of them. Second, this is purely professional, keep it that way. This is assignment is important so I don't want any distractions between the four of you.”


“Do you mean ?” U-know interrupted. “That's ashame.” He peered over. I wasn't sure if he was looking at me or Zainab, but I could feel my cheeks getting warm.


“This is ridiculous.” Changmin followed suit.


“Well, not really. They're two pretty girls and you two are in that stage in life where you practically eat, breathe, bathe hormones.” Jin remained calm, talking so matter-of-factly... Jin isn't that much older, so it made me wonder for a second how often he thought of .


“That's not what I meant. These two chicks can not possibly be your best cops. One can barely sit in a chair properly and the other thinks a desk is chair.” Changmin's brows furrowed.


“Listen here you little sh-” Zainab was soon cut off by Changmin's continued retort.


“Besides, I was promised to work with you. Not someone below you.” Changmin wanted to work with Jin?


“I'm too busy. I'm a chief now. I don't have time to run around town looking for some make believe names, from people who you are not even sure are here. If they are here, my ladies will be able to scout them out in no time.” Jin finally spoke sounding much more stern than he had since I started working here. He always seemed playful, or simply intimidating but I never thought strict to be within his nature.


“This is ridiculous.” Changmin pulled out a manila folder from a brief case I had now realized he had been carrying. How did I not notice before? He turned and left the office.


“Mr. Jin, sir, uhmm Commander... Can I just call you Jin or something? Won?” U-know's voice was sweet and relaxed.


“Jin is fine.”


“I am positive they are here. We always said that after Easton, we would come here- Roseport.”


“Who?” the word slipped out of my mouth. I tried to hide my outspoken embarrassment but I couldn't help wonder what this was all about.


“Mitzy, I'm sure you've learnt a bit about U-know.” U-know fixed his shirt collar as if he was proud of his reputation. “U-know was at the top of the world's most wanted list for several deeds. He didn't know how he did them, or the fact that it was all one single person.”


“Yeah I know that much.”


“I'm saying this for another reason...” he glanced at Z.


“What?” she asked shocked.


“I wasn't sure you did your research.” Jin nodded.


“Hey!” She complained, but he was probably right. Zainab wasn't interested in the news, she was only interested in the current assignment.


“Well, it turns out that Mr. Jung didn't do it all himself.”


“I knew it! Who helped you? Was it a team? Oh man, this is great! I knew you couldn't possibl-”


“Hey now, you knew I couldn't?” U-know pouted, it seemed that I had used the wrong word choice. “Well, as a matter of fact I did have a team. Besides me there were three others, but I was their leader.”


“Just three?” That still seemed unlikely.


“Three, I recruited them for their unique talents.” He opened the manila folder Changmin had tossed earlier on Jin's desk. “There are no records of them, and we used code names. Mine was U-know, and as you now know, my name is Yunho...” That made some sense.. “My first recruit was Mickey.”


“Why Mickey?” Zainab peered at the folder.


“Well, because I never knew his real identity. That's his power. He can look like a dashing gentleman, and old hag, or the guy next door you had a crush on since grade school. He's the master of disguise. But he has a terrible sense of humor... Mickey like Mickey Mouse.”


“No, that's a terrible sense of humor. How did you get Mickey Mouse?” Jin shook his head in disbelief.

“Then there's Xiah. I swear if the circus life paid better, he'd own the Ringling brothers. He's like an acrobat, contortionist, and cat all in one.... with some sort of martial arts skill. While Mickey would gather the information we needed, Xia would steal it.” The more I thought on this the more I realized, the reason we had never heard of these guys is because they seem so unhuman so super human, they... they were out of our league for sure. “And lastly, Hero. Hero was a lawyer-to-be when I found him. But he could do much more than that. Photographic memory, speed reading, and a fantastic poker player.”


“What does poker have anything to do with being a lawyer?” Zainab asked.


“He can read people. Hints when they're bluffing or being nervous... when they're lying..” I answered. Hero... Hero didn't have a physical super human power, what he had was a mental capacity that seemed scary on it's own. He could out-wit us, rather than out run us like Xia, or confuse us like Mickey, yet all three of them...


“Oh goodie, Henry, you've brought my coffee.” Henry stood at the door way, his face looked stunned but he looked somewhat.. scared. “Come now, this is grown up talk.” Jin grabbed Henry by the shoulders walking him out leaving the three of us- two cops and one ex-super criminal all alone in his old office.

“What we have here is an uncapturable group of brilliant people.” U-know, I mean Yunho, whispered. “But there is one thing they they are lacking.”

“And what's that?” I was interested- what could possibly be their weak spot?

“Me. I ran the show. And now I'll tell you everything I know. Just catch them.”

“Oh, we will.” Zainab spoke. “That's a promise.”
 

 

Zainab stretched her arms as if saluting the sun. “Well, I'm hungry. M, would you like something from Coffee && Donuts?”


“I'd like a pumpkin spice latte.” Yunho smiled.


“Get it yourself.” She gave him her infamous 'I'm not your waitress' look.


“Oh that's no fun...” Yunho found himself sitting in Jin's special desk chair. I somewhat hoped Jin would arrive to tell him to get off it, but he never arrived.


“I'd like a macchiato. It feels like a macchiato day.” She smiled and pranced out.


“She seems like fun.” Yunho spoke after she left. I didn't answer. I was more interested in the current mission then I was with whatever it was that Yunho was thinking. “You seem like fun too.”


“I'm seeing someone.” The words slipped out of my mouth. I shut my eyes forcibly now thinking of what I had done. I wasn't really dating Jaejoong, the only thing I have of his is one of his cellphone numbers. He never called me his girlfriend- in fact he would remind me to not get attached. I on the other hand had given him my apartment key in hopes that I'll find him in my small living space one day with a luggage or two of his things. It felt like I was giving him more than he was, but I still didn't care. (That's also not a relationship.) The other was I had given this criminal clues to my private life: I told him I have someone I care about. If he were to turn around and back stab us he'd know that much.


“Lucky bastard.” He muttered. Hearing that my gaze shot over to him. “You seem like you'd be a good girlfriend. If you dump him my arms will be open. You look like a runner, we should run sometime. Together.” Was he still flirting with me?


“That's new, I've never met a man who continued to flirt when he found out that a woman was already in a relationship.” He was strange.

“Well, it's not like it's a formal relationship right? You said “seeing” not “I have a boyfriend”. Besides, I have a belief that you are the only owner of your own life. If he is your boyfriend I don't think he should control every aspect of your life. You're not a play thing.”


“I also don't cheat, Mr... Jung.”


“No, of course not, which is why I said lets go out for a run. Running isn't a date. If anything it's like an extension to work. You get sweaty, and no one really likes working out- they just like looking good.” strange Mr. Jung was what I was now calling him in my head.


I closed the manila folder. “Do you have information on where they would be right now, Mr. Jung?”


“So formal. Call me Yunho.” He smirked. “So far, I'm just positive they're here in Roseport. It's where we said we'd meet if something happens, and our ending destination.”


“Why Roseport?”


“Roseport seems like the perfect place for the perfect crime.” Yunho's answer remained vague, he wasn't going to spill any more information about it for now.


“Mr. Jung-”


“Yunho.” He corrected.


“...Yunho.” I repeated “Yunho, you do know what you are doing right? You're selling out your friends, your coworkers, your partner, the people who helped you... to an organization who isn't planning on going easy on them. Why on earth would you do something so stupid?” Someone who sells out their friends didn't seem very trustworthy for me. A criminal didn't seem very trustworthy to begin with.


“I have a reason.”


“Well I believe we're done here. When the boss decides to cool down and actually be a boss, tell him to give me a call or something.”


“Hey now, don't mind Minnie, he's just stressed. It's a big deal you know, trying to catch the rest of the boys.” Yunho began following me out. Yunho is tall, a muscular. Yunho towers over me and for a moment I felt small. It felt like he could easily over power me if he desired to do so. I didn't look back- I didn't know how close he was to me. Instead I made my way to the ladies locker room, where I knew he wouldn't walk in. It didn't seem like we were going out on patrol so I'll just leave early. Besides, it's not like Changmin really wants me near him right now. It'll give me a chance to be lazy in bed for once, or actually clean up the apartment spotless. Maybe Jaejoong will come tonight and I can make him dinner. I should stop by the grocery story then. Changing into damp running clothes wasn't my favorite thing to do. Ratatouille sounds good tonight, or tofu lo mein. I'd like to surprise him... if he shows up. Locking up the locker, tying my hair back into a pony, and pulling on the small backpack. When I walked out I realized Yunho and Jin were both by the door to the ladies locker room.


“Are you leaving?” Jin looked confused but his tone remained as collected as before.


“There's nothing to do. Changmin still hasn't returned. My rule is, no assignment or boss within ten minutes I'm going home.” half heartedly joking.


“Changmin still hasn't returned?”


“He's having one of those moments. You know, his man period moments.” Yunho smiled.


I rolled my eyes. For someone preaching feminism earlier, talking about “periods” as an excuse to act a way got to me. Yunho continued to follow me, causing Jin to follow suit. It felt... like paranoia. Maybe Jin sensed it and that's why he was following Yunho but I still didn't like both of them following me. I pushed the heavy door out. There, Zainab stood holding two to-go cups again, with furrowed brows aimed at Changmin.


“Oh boy..” Jin muttered.


“This is ridiculous!” Changmin shouted. “Jin how can you possibly give me these two incompetent brats for this assignment? You know how important this is.” Changmin started out yelling but with each word calmed down.


Zainab was the opposite, she started out softer but continuously got louder. “You are the one that came here. You are the one that asked for help. Our help!”


“Changmin, if you'll come to my office.” Jin broke the yells. “Now.” He turned to head back in. “You too Jung.” Jin held on to Yunho's forearm. It was another one of those moments that I hadn't personally seen just heard about. Jin's intimidating “I'm in charge, don't with me.” aura.


“Is that my cup?” I tried to distract Z from the current situation.


“Yeah...” she handed it to me, but I could still feel her anger. “Are you going home? Do you wanna ride?”



*Commercial Break*
 


Zainab and I live in the same apartment building. She had helped me take the rest of my groceries into my apartment. She looked around for any sign of Jaejoong (who we playfully nicknamed “businessman”), but as soon as there wasn't a sign, she gave me a hug and departed.


I sighed, cooking slowly. The fact that the apartment was so silent made me realize how bad I missed him, and how bad I want to be with him.


The door clicked. I was positive I had locked it. Just in case, I grabbed my gun from the counter. “Something smells good.” Jaejoong? “Are you cooking?”


“You're.. What are you doing here?” He stood by the doorway, removing his dress shoes. “You're really early...”


“Well, I had actually planned to cook for you, but you beat me to it. How was work?” I set the gun down on my book shelf. Before he could remove his jacket my arms wrapped around him tightly. “That bad?”


“I have a new boss.”


“Your talking into my shirt.”


I pulled away from him. “I have a new boss, and partner.”


“Your friend isn't your partner anymore?” He slipped out of his suit jacket and tugged at his tie.
“No, she is, we just have to work for someone new and under someone else.” His jacket was still warm from his body heat. My fingers traced the lapel of his suit. Jaejoong always dressed classy, very elegant- although I shouldn't expect anything less from a businessman...


“You're not working under that guy? That's good, he's too pretty to be your boss.”


“Did you just say my boss is too pretty for me?”


“No... he's not too pretty for you. I'm saying in general he's just-”


“Wait, was that jealousy then?”


“There you go again, putting words in my mouth.” His tie was off and he began ing the first few buttons of his shirt.


“So you're not jealous?” I asked.


“So Jin's not your boss anymore.” He was changing the subject.


“My new partner was hitting on me.” It was only fair to change the subject too, and to see if he really is the jealous type.


He remained silent for a moment. Jaejoong's lips parted slightly, his eyes were slightly wider. His jaw clenched meanwhile his adam's apple moved up and down from a gulp. “Do you want to sue him for ual harassment?”


My sighed carried a heavy weight with it. “Jin is still my boss, I'm just working under someone else now. His partner is a criminal too- who does that anyway?” remembering that I had left the food on the stove I returned to the kitchen. I was so sure he was feeling jealousy. Maybe Jaejoong isn't attached to me as I am to him... his warning to not get attached only made matters worse.


“Your new boss's partner is a criminal?” stirring the contents in the pot, Jaejoong's arms wrapped around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder. If we were married, he'd come home every day and do this. If we were married I'd hear his tired voice every night. If we were married I'd wake up to soft snores and the smell of him surrounding me.


“Yeah, do you remember U-know? He was caught by this young cop like four years ago. The guy who caught him- Changmin is who I'm working under now. U-know is Changmin's partner for some reason.”


“U-know.”


“Yeah, remember that huge news thing?”


“How could I forget. U-know really ed up some business for me.”


“You should stop by the police department and punch him then. He was also the one hitting on me.” Jaejoong's arms left mine to get the plates beside me while I turned off the stove.


“Mmm... Maybe I should then.”
 


*Credits Roll*