goodbye summer // bonus chapter

Goodbye, Summer

l i t t l e   g r e e n   m o n s t e r

bonus chapter one


 

“Please? Please Amber?” he practically begs, grabbing her hands and pouting at her. Amber can pretty much see the little puppy ears forming on his head and she sighs, nodding because she knows Henry isn’t going to stop until she agrees.

 

“Fine,” she says. “I’ll help you remix 1-4-3, okay?”

 

He beams, his eyes lighting up and she swears that she’s dating a child, even if he is three years older than her. He leans forward a little, a sly smirk on his face and she has a bad feeling as he leans forward and whispers, “This is gonna be way better than you and Gen.”

 

Amber blanks for a moment, then quickly deadpans and smacks Henry in the shoulder, shoving him away from her while he laughs, watching her cheeks flood with a pink color.

 

“You’re so--” she doesn’t even finish before letting out a groan of annoyance as she stomps away, Henry trailing after her with mocking chuckles falling from his lips.


 

 


 


 

When Amber’s finally composed herself, she heads towards the practice room without Henry by her side, pretending to be stubbornly angry at him. He’s a child, she thinks, frustrated. Stupid, jealous child.

 

Well, stupid, jealous child that she’s in love with. Not the point right now.

 

As soon as Henry steps into the practice room (it’s the one at the very end of the hall, where she was hiding, waiting for him to figure it out), she smirks a little, tilting her head. “You’re green,” she informs him, stifling a laugh when he immediately clutches his face, looking legitimately concerned that his skin might be turning a different color.

 

She can’t help it, so she walks up to him and gently pries his hands from his cheeks. “Not literally,” she grins, and Henry relaxes a little. “I meant, green with envy. Jealousy. You’re becoming a little green monster, Hen,” she teases.

 

“I--” he promptly stops, his shoulders slumping as he narrows his eyes at her. “Am not,” he finishes, sticking his tongue out at her. Amber smirks, because Henry’s ears are turning slightly pink and she knows he’s lying through his teeth. Even if gets annoying sometimes, she has to admit that it’s a little bit adorable that Henry gets jealous so easily.

 

“Yeah, you totally are,” she says, a teasing look on her face, and he pouts a little, shaking his head in denial. She presses her lips to his in a chaste kiss, knowing it’ll make him confess, and he huffs a little when she pulls away.

 

“You’re jealous,” she repeats, and he leaves her arms to set up the music. She misses the mischievous glint in his eyes as he turns to her, casually saying, “Well, you will be too.”

 

“I’m never jealous,” Amber scoffs, and Henry grins a little.

 

“Yeah?” he hums, adjusting the mic. “You know, I heard they’re giving me a pretty actress to star in the music video. I think I saw a picture of her, she’s really something.”

 

Amber tries not to throw something at Henry’s face.


 

 


 


 

Generally speaking, Amber didn’t get jealous. Henry was always the one who constantly shoved other boys away from her, pouting and saying that if he didn’t, the other guys would just steal her away in an instant.

 

He never pushed Gen away, though.

 

Gen was his best friend. He wasn’t like Donghae hyung, or Eunhyuk hyung, who, even though they were like brothers to him, weren’t quite what Gen was. First of all, Gen could actually speak English and not Engrish, but other than that, Gen had been with him through a lot before he’d even stepped foot in Korea.

 

He was kind of like the male version of what Amber was to Henry, except maybe without the part where Henry wanted to cuddle next to her and hold her hand.

 

They thought he didn’t notice. Gen, who was always perceptive and thoughtful, believed that Henry didn’t know who Amber’s first love was, nor the fact that Gen reciprocated those same feelings.

 

But Henry’s not dumb. He likes to pretend he is sometimes, sure, but he isn’t. He knows Amber. He knows Amber better than anyone else and he knows, that Amber loved Gen.

 

He also knows that she loves him now. Her stupid mochi, Snoopy, whatever.

 

Not that he isn’t grateful to Gen, but he feels a little guilty that he took the girl his best friend loved away from him. So he lets them spend their time together, lets Gen ruffle Amber’s hair affectionately even when Donghae hyung isn’t allowed to, and he’s okay with the way Gen has a special smile reserved just for Amber, and no one else.

 

It’s complicated, but he kind of gets it. Gen doesn’t love Amber anymore, but given the chance, he could very well as fall in love with Amber all over again if Henry doesn’t hold onto Amber tight enough. And Henry’s selfish, so holds her as tightly as he can without suffocating her. Because he loves her.

 

If Amber left him, he doesn’t really know what he’d do.

 

He’s not jealous of Gen. He knows Amber loves him. He’s sorry to his friend, he’s thankful and he hopes that Gen knows it, through the way Henry loves Amber with everything he has.

 

I’ll take care of her,” was the promise Henry gave to Gen. “I love her.

 

It’s a promise he’ll keep not just because of Amber, but because of his best friend who gave up everything just so Henry could be happy with her.


 

 


 


 

“Hey.”

 

Henry snaps his head up with a start, after Amber whacked him with her music sheets, and he stares at her with wide eyes, hazy with sleep. She arches an eyebrow at him and he grins back sheepishly.

 

“Did I fall asleep?” he asks, scratching the back of his head. She gives him a pointed look that clearly says duh and he chuckles, rubbing his eyes a little.

 

She sighs, taking a seat beside him. “We really gotta do something about our insomnia, huh?” she says softly, and he buries his face against her shoulder, humming.

 

“It’s okay,” he murmurs, wrapping his arms around her waist and smiling when she doesn’t protest. “We can just stay up all night together.”

 

He presses a gentle kiss to her forehead and she turns to look at him, a small smile on her face. He smiles back at her, bumping their foreheads together and leaning forward for another kiss.

 

I don’t care about anything,

as long as you’re next to me.



 

i’m sending, one, four, three

i still can’t express my feelings with words;

i love you, one, four, three.

 

 


 

 

a lesson on how to be cheesy brought to you by yours truly

and this concludes goodbye summer! :D i hope you guys liked it~~

please check out by henber fic (it’s just a bunch of one-shots and stuff) here!