Chapter 6

Unexpected Yet Wonderful

Chapter 6:

 

 

Right in front of them is Mr. Im, with a clown mascot on.

 

“Dad? What on earth are you doing?” Yoona asked, in disbelief.

 

“Yoong, I wanted to surprise you, because I noticed you so sad these past few days.”

 

“Awww Dad, that is so sweet of you, but don’t worry I am fine now.”

 

“Are you sure sweetie? If anyone hurts you just tell me okay?” said his father as he removed the mascot off himself. “Oh, who is this young lady? Your new friend?”

 

“Ah! Dad, this is Yuri. Yuri, my dad!”

 

“It’s nice to meet you Yuri, my Yoona rarely bring her friends at home so it’s a surprise you are here.” He extended his hand for a handshake, where Yuri gladly shook.

 

“Me too, Mr. Im”

 

“Oh just call me Uncle, Mr. Im sounds so old.”

 

“Dad, you are old!”

 

“Hey! I’m not 50 yet!”

 

“You’re 49 and in a few months you’ll be 50. Same thing!”

 

“Oh for God’s sake! Fine! Come inside you two.”

 

~

 

They settled in the dining area, having something hot to drink. This time, Seohyun joined them after she’s finished studying.

 

“So Yuri, right?” Mr. Im said.

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“Uncle.”

 

“Oh yes, Uncle.” Yuri shyly said.

 

“How old are you?”

 

“I am going to be 26 this coming December 5th uncle.” Answered Yuri and sipped her hot chocolate drink.

 

“Oh so you are older than Yoona. So what is your job now?”

 

“Oh..uhmm.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Uhmm. I am actually on a vacation now, and I’m a Football player. I play for Barcelona.”

 

“What!?”

 

“What?”

 

“Really?”

 

Multiple reactions came from the three of them. Yuri on the other hand, panicked. She happened to forget about her job and now that she found Yoona, she hasn’t said anything about it since she was too happy to remember.

 

“Hey! I love football! So are you friends with Lionel Messi!?” Their father looked thrilled. Seohyun still shocked and Yoona processing everything.

 

“Ah, yes uncle.”

 

“That is so cool!”

 

After half an hour of chit chatting, Mr. Im decided to rest, since he still needs to be early for work. Yuri keeps on glancing at Yoona’s side the whole time. Mr. Im just couldn’t stop talking and he might find her rude if she doesn’t answer him. She was worried, Yoona hasn’t said anything the moment she said that she’s a football player.

 

“Unnie, I’m going to sleep also. I still need to go to university early tomorrow.” Seohyun said as she stood up.

 

“Okay, Seo. Good night and thank you.” Yuri replied, Yoona still silent.

 

Seohyun left immediately as she felt the tension. She noticed that her sister went silent too and decided to give them privacy.

 

“Yoona? Please talk to me?” Yuri pleaded, she feels really guilty at the moment.

“You are leaving me?” After a few minutes of silence, Yoona finally talked.

 

“No, Yoona. Good God no. I just, it just… I kind of forgotten and I didn’t mean to. I am not going to leave you. I have been so happy that I really forgot about my job.”

 

“It’s just that, we’ve just met for a short time and now I know that you are leaving soon, I just don’t know what to feel. And I am tired.”

 

“Yoona, during those times I have been with you were wonderful. I promise you that I will not play around you, to be honest; I have never been with anyone except you. I know you might find it funny but I have been waiting to see you. After so many years apart from you, and now that I found you-“

 

“Wait-what?”

 

“This may be not the proper place and time to say this but, yes, we have met each other a long time ago.”

 

“But, I don’t remember you. I just met you okay?” Yoona said with tears in her eyes.

 

“No, no. We’ve met before. I am Yul! Your Yul unnie. Can’t you remember me?” Yuri knelt in front of Yoona, desperately staring at her with evident tears in her eyes also.

 

“Who are you really? Why do you know me? I’ve just met you!”

 

“No, listen. Here look, look at this. Isn’t this you?” Yuri showed her their picture together from her wallet.

 

“This is us, when we were still little. This is me, beside you. Can’t you remember?”

 

“I..how did you get this?”

 

“This is mine, we took this picture together. I didn’t know that I would really find you, but when I saw your childhood pictures I knew it was you.”

 

“Yul, you are creeping me out.”

 

“I know you might find this as a joke but it is true. Your father and my father are best friends. We lost contact of you guys a year after we took this picture.”

 

“Yuri, I just can’t seem to remember what you are saying. Can you please give me some time? I, I really don’t know what to do.”

 

Yuri, who is very understanding just nodded. She didn’t want to stress Yoona more. She knows that this will probably happen sooner or later. But she is confused about why Yoona can’t remember a thing.

 

“Okay Yoong. I’m very sorry and I’ll leave now. Please don’t hate me. I will come back when you are ready. Just call me, night.” Yuri said, she wiped Yoona’s tear-stained face and kissed her forehead. After that, she left.

 

When Yoona heard the door closed she burst in to tears. There were so many things in her mind. Yuri being a soccer player that means she will not stay in Korea for long. Next, Yuri insisted they have met in the past. Their fathers being best friends. Yoona decided to retire for the night; all those things are making her tired, especially crying. She will face all of these by tomorrow. Right now she just needed rest.

 

Her day was full of happiness, sweet moments Yuri and her shared, the encounter with Nickhun, she was a little bit shaken by that. And now Yuri’s revelation.

 

 

~

 

 

So sorry for updating for so long. I tried writing this back then but my computer got reformatted. I know this is not long enough but this marks that I will finish my story. Even if this is still short, I am in the process of making the next chapter. Really sorry guys! Please bear with me. I will try to update with a long chapter next time. Thank you for waiting and I am really sorry if this is really short.