Chapter 1: Where It All Started

Unexpected Yet Wonderful

 

Where It All Started

 

 

 

YURI'S P.O.V.

 

One Sunday morning, Yuri decided to stroll around the park. She brought with her an I pod and listened to some music.

 

Yuri is the only girl within her family; she lives together with her dad, her mom and her older brother. She lived a simple life, even though they are not that rich, she is able to study in a University. She loves her family so much and is very thankful that God gave her such a beautiful, wonderful, simple, understanding and a very loving family.

 

While strolling around a girl bumped into her, and ended up on the ground with the other girl on top.

 

Yuri was about to scream in frustration but held it in after she saw the sweet yet innocent face of the girl. She was speechless for a second and the same time mesmerized by the beauty the girl possessed.

 

While looking up, the girl on top of her lifted her head causing their eyes to meet. They stared at each other and broke after a tall, slender girl yelled, scolded and pulled the poor girl up.

 

 Yuri immediately stood up as she watches the girl being scolded. Yes, she really want to scold her for not looking where she headed to, but yeah, after what beauty she just saw, her anger vanished away that instant.

 

She wanted to pat the girl's head and cheer her up and yet, she is too coward to do it, not until she noticed the girl tears up, apologizing to the tall girl and to her. She felt her heart sunk at the sight of the crying girl.

 

Leaving all her worries behind, she patted the head of the girl while saying, "Hey, cheer up, it’s not your fault though, I was not looking and I bumped onto you so I'm sorry." Yuri lowered her head apologized to them. She lightly scratched her head and gave a small reassuring smile to the other girl. But then, the girl started to cry again. Yuri panicked and asked, "What's wrong? Are you okay? I didn't mean to make you cry, I'm very sorry." She wanted to hug her, tell her how sorry she is, she can't bear watching this kind off scene, 'This beautiful girl doesn't deserve to cry' Yuri thought. And again, leaving all her worries behind she grabbed the girls hand and hugged her, she smiled with the contact they had made, and said, "Pleas don't cry, I don't want to see such beautiful lady cry, sshhh....that's enough" as she rubbed the latter's back.

 

Yuri's heart was beating rapidly, she didn't know why but she felt herself blush. She has never felt that way before, ever.

 

'Why is it so hot in here?' Yuri thought. She then noticed the girl stop crying, she pulled out from the hug and felt herself cold, she wanted to hug the other girl all day long because of the warmth she felt. 'Well, that was weird.' Yuri thought again.

 

"Are you okay now?" Yuri asked.

 

The latter nodded and said, "Yes, thank you very much and I'm so sorry for bumping onto you. No, it's my fault, I didn't paid any attention where I'm headed to." The latter lowered her head and apologized again while smiling.

 

BAMBARAMBAM!

 

Yuri was very stunned by the smile the girl has, she finds the latter's voice like music to her ears; she can't help but blush and smile.

 

"Oh no, I'm sorry too. I'm Yuri by the way, Kwon Yuri." sticking out her hand, wanting to touch the younger girl's hand again.

 

"I'm Yoona, Im Yoona." she took Yuri's hand and shook it; she smiled again then slowly loosened her grip.

______________________

 

Yuri is now on her own little world, reminiscing what just happened earlier, she can't help but chuckle. She finds it cute, how her anger vanished quickly by just staring at "Yoona's" doe-eyed like eyes. She smiled while remembering Yoona's face, "God, she's like an angel sent from the heavens above" she blurted out earning a worried and weird look from her friend.

 

"Yah! Yuri-ah! Are you okay? Did something happen to you?" A girl interrupted Yuri by hitting her head.

 

Yuri yelped in pain. "Yah! Why did you hit my head T.T? It hurts you know that, Hyoyeon?" Yuri placed her hand onto her head and rubbed it hoping to ease the pain.

 

"I, like yeah, called your name for the nth time, and you are still zoning off, it's so not like you! You're turning into Jessica!" Hyoyeon said while glancing at the unmoved sleeping girl beside her as she grabbed Yuri's shoulders and shook her back and forth. "Bring Yuri back whoever it is in this body."

 

"Yah. yah, yah, it is me! What are you talking about? Me?! turning to Jessica? Are you out of your mind?" Yuri yelled back as she shrugged her shoulders to remove Hyoyeon's hand off her.

 

"Geez...Just checking, so did something happened?....You look happy." Hyoyeon said while grabbing some chips and tossed it directly to . There was a small silent between two friends but Yuri broke it afterwards.

 

"It's nothing really" Yuri said softly as she lowered her head as low as she could so that her friend can't see the blush and smile on her face.

 

"Well, okay. Stop it already, you’re freaking me out." Hyoyeon said.

 

~SOMEWHERE DOWN THE ROAD~

 

YOONA'S P.O.V.

 

'Here I am, walking with my best friend, Sooyoung. She is the only one I have now, after I broke up with Nickhun-oppa when I found out that he was just using me because of our family bussiness. How foolish I am. I thought he love me, he always say that to mebut everything changed when I went to his office, hoping to surprise him and hang out with him but everything changed after that...'Yoona thought. Holding back her own tears so that her best friend will not be that worried.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

"Such wonderful day to waste" Yoona was inside their company building searching for someone. "Good thing I decided to surprise Oppa, since I have nothing to do." She said happily while clapping.

 

As she reached Nickhun's office, she heard someone. She heard everything they said. Yoona broke down and held her chest, she then peeked through the small crack the door contained, and she saw Nickhun with a girl on his laps, making out.

 

"Are you sure that what we're doing is okay?" The girl said, she moaned softly as Nickhun's tongue do its magic. "You have a girlfriend, not to mention she's the daughter of the owner here."

 

"Its okay babe, I don't love her, I only want you." Nickhun said, still the girl's neck.

 

Meanwhile, behind the door, Yoona was sobbing hardly. She could not believe what she just heard, 'all these time, he was just using me to let my father trust him’ she thought as she hugged her knees and continued to cry.

 

Inside the office, Nickhun heard some sobbing sound, he froze for a moment while standing up, and he headed to the door and opened it. There, he saw Yoona, crying all her heart out. He gasped at what he saw and took a quick glance at the other girl inside. "Yoona" he muttered. Yoona looked up, she stared onto Nickhun's eyes fiercely, full of anger and sadness. She slapped Nickhun and yelled, "You f***in' b@$t@rd! How could you do this to me? I trusted you but you were just using me, am I a toy to you? I have a heart for God's sake!" She slapped him again and turned around to leave, but glanced back at the speechless man while yelling, " I HATE YOU! We're done."

 

Yoona ran as fast as she could, tears again started to flow down, while looking back, she saw Nickhun, chasing her, he seemed desperate in chasing her having the I-want-to-explain look written all over his face. He successfully reached Yoona, he held her wrist tightly and kissed her as passionately as he could. Yoona tried to break the kiss, Nickhun was just so strong, after Nickhun pulled out, SLAP! Yoona slapped him as hard as she can while tearing up. Nickhun wanted to explain but Yoona didn't let him.

 

"Let me go!" Yoona shouted as she tried to free herself from Nickhun's grasp.

 

"Let me explain!" Nickhun shouted back.

 

"Explain? There's nothing you need to explain. I saw everything!” Yoona yelled back as she tried to pull her other hand.

 

“Leave me alone! I don’t want to see you ever again! I Hate You!” She then successfully pulled her hand and dashed off quickly leaving Nickhun dumbfounded.

 

Yoona slowed down as she glanced back, she didn’t see Nickhun anymore and let out a loud heavy sigh of relief. Upon remembering what just happened, her tears started to flow down, she wanted to be strong but she can’t. As she wiped her tears away, she handed out her I phone, it looks like she’s searching for someone’s phone number after a while she then pressed the call button.

 

“Hello, Sooyoung?” Yoona said as calm as she can.

 

“Hey! Yoona? What’s up? Are you okay? Somethin’ wrong?” Sooyoung said worriedly.

 

Yoona shook her head and sigh, “Nah, everything’s fine Sooyoung-ah, its just I missed you. You’re the only friend that I can always trust, thanks for being always here for me and you’re the best, best friend I could ever have.”

 

True, ever since like..uhh…birth? Sooyoung was there for her, same goes to Yoona. They treat each other like siblings; they grew together and do what sisters would do. Some might, or somehow would mistake them as a couple, but they don’t feel that way with each other. They always care for each other and when one is down the other would be there to be the one who will comfort either of them.

 

Yoona lowered her head, tears again flowing down her cheeks; she would want to die now because of the hurt and sadness she’s been experiencing just now.

 

At the other line, Sooyoung heard some sobbing sounds, “Yoona? Are you crying? Why? You missed me? We just met yesterday, that fast? But anyway, where are you now? Tell me.”

 

“I’m at the park near the company’s building” Yoona replied.

 

“Okay, I’ll be there, just hold on. I think I’m near there, don’t go anywhere, okay?” Sooyoung firmly said.

 

“Okay” a short reply from Yoona.

 

She stood there, waiting for her best friend, a minute or so she then spotted her. Yoona then rushed towards her friend and hugged her with all her might, letting the tears flow down like a waterfall.

 

Meanwhile, the one who received the hug struggled as she felt herself suffocate, “Yoo….naa~ …can’t…breathe” while patting the Yoona’s shoulder blades.

 

Yoona took the hint and loosen her grip; she placed her hands in her face and cried.

 

“Tell me, Yoona. What happened? Why are crying? And don’t scare me like that; I thought you will commit suicide after I heard what you just said.” Sooyoung calmly said while she hugged her best friend.

 

“Nickhun…*sniff*..oppa..*sniff*.. CHEATED ON ME!” Yoona shoted those last words with frustration.

 

Sooyoung’s eyes widen as she listened, she felt her blood rushed up, boiling because of anger, she clenched her fist wanting to punch Nickhun, as she pulled out from the hug, she then shouted, “WHAT!??!! That f***ing b@$t@rd! How dare he!”

 

Earning weird looks from the people around them, they continued to their conversation. They didn’t pay any attention from any of them. Yoona continuously sobbed while Sooyoung continued to comfort her.

 

“It’s okay Yoong. I’m here…ssshhhh..just let it all out.” Sooyoung warmly said and was taken aback by the latter’s response.

 

“How can I be okay, Soo? Do you have any idea how it hurts by being used like this. I loved him so much and this is what I get? It’s so unfair! Why can’t I have someone who I love to love me back! All my life I want someone who’s willing to stay for me, no matter how hard it is to be with me. I know that I’m stubborn, am I not allowed to love someone who will be willing to give up everything just to be together with me?” Yoona yelled, still sobbing she felt guilty shouting at her best friend like that, she just couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“I’m such a fool, believing all his lies and I’m sorry for shouting at you, I just couldn’t help it anymore. I’m tired being like this.” Yoona said.

 

Sooyoung kept mum, she didn’t know what to do after listening to her best friend. They spotted a bench and sat on it, they stayed there until everything’s alright and an idea suddenly popped out SHIKSHIN’S head. (Guess what?)

 

“Yoong, let’s go eat, my treat.” She smiled while she placed her hand to the latter’s head, patting it lightly. “Do you want an ice cream? I heard that a restaurant nearby has the best ice cream flavors around.” She continued. As the latter nodded, she then took its hand and dragged her to the said restaurant. (Yes, it’s all about food)

 

“Okay, let’s go! Cheer up, Yoong! Forget about him and move on, I don’t like him anyway from the beginning.” Sooyoung confidently said and glanced back at the latter and saw her chuckle.

 

~INSIDE THE RESTAURANT~

 

Sooyoung’s face lit up as she saw all the foods displayed neatly in a buffet style, she was drooling, literally, wanting to dash off to the foods that were very eye-catching and attack them but was disturbed by an unknown man heading towards them ‘oh, its just a waiter’. “Table for two” she said.

 

“Right this way Ma’am” the waiter led them to their table and took their orders.

 

Both waited patiently until their food arrived, for a short time, they quickly finished their food in a blink of an eye. One most important thing that both are similar of, it’s their habit of eating, they eat a lot but not even gaining a pound, they always enjoy eating food especially sweets. As the waiter approached them, he blinked a couple of times, amazed by the ability both gorgeous yet y ladies have. He handed out their dessert, which is the ice cream. They munched the ice cream as they said random words only both of them would understand. “Thhhhhhiiiisssss isssss ssoooo delicious!” came from Yoona’s mouth.

 

As they finished everything, they planned to hang around with each other. They paid their bill and headed out. They went to the park again, setting all of those bitter things aside, they began to act like a child. Yoona teased Sooyoung and ran as she now how strong Sooyoung is too. As she ran, she glanced back at Sooyoung, her best friend was telling her something which she didn’t clearly hear it and all of the sudden BANG! Yoona bumped onto someone and because of the strong impact, both stumbled down with her on top.

 

Yoona scratched her head lightly; she lowered it then lifted it up again. She saw the one she has bumped onto, their eyes met and they couldn’t help but stare to each other. She felt her heart flutter at the sight, butterflies every where, she never felt this kind of feeling before, even when she was with Nickhun. At this rate, she then doubted her love for him, she then realized that the affection for him was not love at all.

 

Such beautiful eyes…wait... Why am I feeling like this all of the sudden? I just met her and not to mention I actually bumped onto her… What would she think about me now?’ Yoona thought as she felt someone pulled her up, it was Sooyoung. 

 

Sooyoung pulled Yoona up, she scolded her for not being careful and making such mess. “Yah! I told you to watch out and be careful. You run like a DEER you know? Look at what happened.” Sooyoung said, emphasizing the DEER part.

 

Yoona lowered her head and bowed towards her friend and to the other girl she bumped with. ‘She’s beautiful, those perfect curves and tanned-skin tone, she’s freakin’ hot…wait! Yoona, get a hold of yourself. You should not be thinking about it right now, you need to apologize.’  She felt her tears rolled down, she was never been in this kind of situation and in the same time embarrassed by what she has done. She wiped it quickly hoping no one saw it and she was left speechless as the other girl patted her head. She never again felt this kind of warm feeling before.

 

"Hey, cheer up, it’s not your fault though, I was not looking and I bumped onto you so I'm sorry." Yoona stood there, stunned by the actions the latter has given. The girl scratched her head and apologized, after some time, Yoona was again stunned by the smile the other girl have. She can’t help but cry again, she blames herself for not being careful and cause such situation.

 

"What's wrong? Are you okay? I didn't mean to make you cry, I'm very sorry." Yoona kept her head down but lifted it up until the latter grabbed her hand gave her a hug and rubbed her back as she felt shivers around her whole body.

 

 

"Pleas don't cry, I don't want to see such beautiful lady cry, sshhh....that's enough" The girl muttered.

 

 

Yoona has never, I mean never ever felt this secured, especially to just someone she just met in a bad type of situation.  She felt relieved upon hearing what the girl just said. She then stopped crying.

 

 

The latter withdraw from her position, she smiled at Yoona and asked, “Are you okay now?”

 

 

Yoona nodded like a child. "Yes, thank you very much and I'm so sorry for bumping onto you. No, it's my fault; I didn't pay any attention where I'm headed to." She apologized again while bowing and she gave a smile to the girl in front of her.

 

 

"Oh no, I'm sorry too. I'm Yuri by the way, Kwon Yuri." She eyed the girl’s hand, it seems that she wants a handshake; she then gladly took and shook it.

 

 

“I’m Yoona, Im Yoona” she said smiling.

 

~END OF FLASHBACK~

 

Yoona chuckled to herself as she remembered what happened with her earlier. A smile appeared in her face, she is so happy despite all the sadness she felt before she met the girl. She felt secured around her like she has known her, her whole life. She then laughed alligator-ishly as she again remembered how stubborn both of them are.

 

 

“Yoona!” Sooyoung shouted as she poked her friend’s cheek.

 

 

“Oh, Sooyoung? Anything wrong?” Yoona replied innocently, still smiling.

 

 

“Anything wrong? What’s wrong is you! Earlier, you cried all your heart out, cursing that the man who broke your very valuable heart would die, and now you’re zoning-off and smiling at the same time.” Sooyoung said in a frustrating tone. She turned her head and stared directly onto Yoona’s eyes.

 

Yoona kept mum and gulped, she was shocked on her friend’s actions. ‘Oh my! She’s serious this time’  Yoona thought.

 

 

“The way you acted after everything that happened, is it because of this girl you bumped onto earlier?” Sooyoung asked her seriously.

 

 

Yoona couldn’t hide the blush of her face anymore, she lowered it and nodded.

 

 

‘My my my, it was really because of that girl’  Sooyoung thought, a smirk formed in her face and laughed.

 

 

Upon hearing a loud laugh, Yoona tilted her head up and saw Sooyoung laughing. ‘I thought she’s angry with me for not listening to her. Why is she laughing, this getting confusing. Sooyoung!!!’ Yoona thought as she asked her friend with a confuse tone, “Why are you laughing your out? Is there something in my face?” She lifted her hand to her face and wiped it after not receiving any reply from her friend.

 

 

“I knew it!” Sooyoung blurted out, still laughing.

 

 

“Hey, cut it out Soo!” Yoona said.

 

 

Sooyoung stopped laughing for a moment but burst out laughing again. ‘I can’t believe it, this “Yuri” girl made Yoona forget about her problem, even I can’t do that to my best friend. I was like speechless on what I saw earlier, how both of them interacted with each other, and this Yuri looks like Yoona, A LOT. I didn’t know which is which.’  Sooyoung thought as she remembered what happened. She didn’t even have the chance to introduce herself to Yuri because Yoona here dragged her away.

 

Sooyoung yelped in pain as her best friend, Yoona pinch her arm forcefully.

 

“Yah! Why you do that?” she said as she rubbed her arm hoping to ease the rather not soothing pain.

 

“It’s because you're acting so weird.” Yoona annoyingly said as she watched her best fried smirk at her again. “Cut it out, Soo. You’re freaking me out already; let’s go home, Dad might be looking for me now.”

 

 

As night came, both Yoona and Yuri were thinking about each other, hoping to “bump” again with each other.

 

---------------------------------------------

I am really sorry for not updating earlier,

it's because of the black out and I had to wait until the electricity is back.

 

Here's chapter 1 for all of you :D

 

Hope you like it

 

don't for get to comment...