When a Nerd falls for a Jock...

When a Nerd falls for a Jock...

Chapter 7

 

A/N: I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR LIKE A MONTH ;______; There were some personal issues going on and.. yeah. I couldn't update.  Hope you'll all forgive me :/ *puppy dog eyes*
And btw the class rooms in SM are kinda like the Japanese ones. Each student have their own table.

AND I GOT BANNED FROM  SHINEE_REPLAY FOR 30 FLIPPIN DAYS!! >__< So like if you want to read my fic then you could add me on LJ





Jinki is tired. He is tired because of all the things happened with Jonghyun in the canteen today. He can still feel the pain from Jonghyun’s shoe heels on his neck. His face is still swollen. He needs to rest.


But Taemin, who just returned from his dance club, has no plan to let him.


 “Jinki, I’m baaack. Come on wake up. I want to tell you something. Wake uuuuup.”


“Please Taemin, let me just sleep for now. You can tell me later.” Jinki mumbles, moving further under the blanket.


“But this is important! You have to wake up. Jinki! Jinkiiiiii” Taemin shakes Jinki’s shoulders violently.


Jinki sighs. Nothing’s going to work on Taemin. He rolls on the bed and sticks his head out of the blankets.


“What is it?”


Taemin grins, throwing his backpack on the floor and sits on top of Jinki’s body.


“I came up with this cool name for you.”


“Name? Don’t I already have one?” Jinki really doesn't like his name. He actually hates it. What were his parents thinking when they were naming him?


Taemin shakes his head, his hair bouncing everywhere. “No. I want to give you a name that only I am allowed to call you.”


“Err w-why?”


“Because I’m your best friend.”  Taemin rolls his eyes and grins again “Don’t you want to know what it is?”


Jinki nods. He doesn’t understand why Taemin has to do this. Isn’t this the kind of thing little girls in primary schools would do? Giving their best friends nick names and stuff. Then again, Taemin isn’t much different from a primary school kid. Except that he is not a girl.


“Onew” Taemin says, his smile widening and eyes twinkling. “That’s what I’m going to call you from now on.”


“Onew?” Really? Onew? What the hell kind of name is that? Couldn’t he come up with a normal one? He would prefer to be called by his real name. Bue he doesn't want to make Taemin unhappy.


“Yeah. Because you feel really soft. Your arms are soft. That’s why I like holding them. And your cheeks. Onew is a perfect name for you." Taemin says pinching Jinki's cheeks.  "Aren’t I just awesome?” Taemin giggles “Don’t let anyone else call you that kay? Only I will call you Onew”


“Okay” Jinki smiles. Taemin is just too adorable for his age. Jinki wants to give him a tight hug right now but he don't know if he is suppossed to do so. He thinks it would be gay. Gay as in stupid and gay as in gay. And Jinki is not gay.


“I got some chicken from the ahjumma in the canteen for free.  If you get off the bed and wash up in thirty seconds I will give you your share of the dinner or you know where it will all go ” Taemin points to his tummy.


Jinki jumps off the bed and flies to the bathroom while Taemin loudly starts counting down.

 

****************************
 

Jinki is the first one to wake the next morning. He is used to it so it's not quite a problem to him. When he was in the village he woke up way early in the morning on school days. To study, obviously.


Jonghyun is the last thing he wants to think about right now. But he can't help it. Honestly, he is worried. He is worried about what would Jonghyun do to him if he ever sees him again. Jinki touches his cheeks. It still hurts. It should. The punch did come from Jonghyun after all.


Jinki has a lot of dreams to accomplish in his life. Making his family happy would be one of them. Getting a decent job would be another one. Running a bookshop is also a dream. Jinki sighs a deep sigh. He can't run away from the fact. Their meeting was definite. What if next time Jonghyun beats him to death or something?


Jinki pushes the thoughts away and moves to wake Taemin up, who's snoring in the other room with a smile on his face.


Probably dreaming of food, Jinki chuckles.


When they reach the canteen, Eunhyuk waves at them and moves up to make room for them. Some Hermes students on the next table in shorts and t-shirts with SM logos on them are eating up their breakfast like they've never known what food is. Taemin was right. They do eat like pigs.


"They just had their early morning practice. The championship is coming up soon" Shindong laughs at Jinki's amused expression.


"Oh" Jinki realises he had been staring the the students eating and looks down at the table in embarassment.


"You two look like a couple with the way you're always holding hands and all" comments Kyuhyun.


"It's because" Taemin plops down on a chair and pours milk into his bowl of cereals without wasting a second, "me and Onew are bestfriends" he fills his mouth with cereals with a spoon.


"Onew? I thought his name was Jinki?" Heechul raises his eyebrow , the other three mirroring the same expression, wanting to know the answer.


"Onew is the name I gave him. Because I am his best friend. But any of you are not allowed  to call him that." Taemin swallows what was in his mouth. "Right Onew?"


Jinki nods and continues to eat his food, fixing his glasses once in every two minutes. He feels more lke Taemin's pet.


"Aigo Taeminnie, you're so cute" Heechul coos, ruffling Taemin's hair. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes muttering about how stupid and childish Taemin is to which he replies by stcking his tongue out.


"Hot News! Hot News! Seems like a new victim's name has fallen into Kim Jonghyun's prey list. Read The SM Express to find out more."


Jinki snaps his head to where that has come from. A guy is selling the school news papers, standing on one of the tables in the canteen, trying to balance the pile on his hands while screaming 'hot news'.


"That's G Dragon of Apollo. He works in the school Press." Shindong informs him. Jinki is not the least bit interested in who the person is or what he does.


"What did he just say?" Jinki asks in horror.


"Wow Jinki. You're going to get famous now." Kyuhyun says seeing students corwding around the table to buy The SM Express.


Eunhyuk somehow manages to squeeze out of the crowd with a scrunched up news paper in his hand. "You owe me for this. I thought I was gonna die" Eunhyuk throws the news paper on the middle of the table which Jinki grabs quickly.


The headline is written in bold with a picture of Jinki being pressed onto the floor by Jonghyun. There's also a caption.


'This is Kim Jongyun's way of welcoming the new Apollo Student. Where would this end? Let's wait and see.'


Where would this end? It's a question Jinki would like to find an answer to as well. Jonghyun hasn't even started yet. He feels like crying. He won't though. He do have a lot of pride. He would never cry in public.


Taemin snatches the newspaper from his hands and throws it in the bin.
 

****************************
 

"Students, this is Lee Jinki" The teacher starts the intruduction as Jinki bows his ninety degree bow into all kind of directions. Taemin is not going to be in all of his classes now that he has got his own time table. He can manage it just fine.


Unless Jonghyun is in any of his classes. He is screwed then.


"Yunho hyung is not stupid. He would never put you and Jonghyun in the same classes. He barely attends his lessons anyway" Taemin had assured him while walking him to his class. But he is still worried.


However, there was no sign of Jonghyun in the class room much to Jinki's relief.


"You may go and sit on any of those two seats at the back row Jinki" He obeys the instruction and walks to where the seats were situated.


One of the table is neat and looks almost unused whereas the other is the complete opositte with full of awesome graffitis and there's a name written in pink and purple glittery letters.


Kim Kibum.


So the table is owned by someone else. Why was the teacher letting him to sit on it if it was already someone else's? Jinki wonders but doesn't think too much about it. He sits on the neat table and starts wirting down notes straight away. He missed about a quarter of a year so has a lot to catch up on.


"Sorry I'm late" comes a voice from the doorway, when almost half of the lesson is finished.


 It sounds familiar to Jinki and he is willing to look up. But he choses not to. Studying is more important than who's at the door.


"Long time no see Kib-"


"It's Key" The teacher is cut off by the same sharp voice, sounding threatening this time. Jinki's head shoots up in recognisation.


It is indeed Key who's standing there, now walking inside the classroom.  Oh no. He was looking out for those three names when the teacher took the registration.Jonghyun, Key and Minho. Minho didn't do anything to him directly but he still feared him. Jinki's sure he didn't hear Key's name being called out when the registration was taken.


"Well it's a surprise that you finally turned up to your lesson Key."


"Oh I missed you too much Mr Park. I have even brought a friend along with me to your lesson to help me make notes on all the chapters I've missed" Key runs his eyes through the classroom and smirks that smirk of his when he finds Jinki's completely horriffied face. "Come in Jonghyun"


NO! NO!! Jinki's mind screams in terror when Jonghyun enters the classroom.


 Mr Park does nothing but stare as Jonghyun and Key makes their way towards Jinki's table. He knows Key is never going to make any notes at all. Especially not when the friend he brought along is Kim Jonghyun. But he obviously don't want to lose his job.


Jonghyun's one look makes the student who was sitting right next to Jinki jump up from the seat. Jonghyun unecassarily moves the chair around the floor which made the horribly loud screeching noises and sits on it with a lopsided smirk . Not the normal way, the jock way. Key on the other hand sits on Kim Kibum's table. That's when it finally clicks on Jinki's head. Kim Kibum is Key. Who else would dare to draw graffitis on the school property?


Jinki shifts uncomfortably on his seat at the gazes coming from both of his sides. The other students are too scared to look back to see what's happening.


"How's it going Jinki?" Key casually puts an arm aound Jinki like they were long time friends. Mr Park starts to teach again once he made sure Key and Jonghyun are not making any trouble. Not like he would do much if they were anyway. The most he would do is to go and find a Cratus memeber. Which would be hard since there are only seven of them and they would either be in their lessons or attendung some important meetings.


When Mr. Park turned to the board to finish up the notes he was witing earlier, Jinki feels Key leaning onto him. "We want to speak to you so don't leave when the lesson is over. We have some unfinished business don't we?"


Jinki shivers. He could see the evil glint in Key's eyes. He doesn't want to look to the other side where Jonghyun is sitting. He is probably thinking of different ways and methods to bully Jinki. It shouldn't be hard. He is an expert.


The other half of the lesson went fast. When the class finishes, Jinki waits like he was told. He nervousy looks outside the door in hope of seeing Taemin who had promised that he would come to take Jinki to his second lesson. If Taemin sees what's going on he might go and find Yunho hyung or something like last time in the canteen. He is already surrounded by Jonghyun and Key.


"So " Jonghyun starts but gets interrupted.


"Onewwww I've come to pick uuuhhh uhhh uh err" Taemin stills.


He grasps the situation quickly enough but doesn't quite know what he should do. If he should turn on his heels and run away or if he should help out his best friend, which is impossible and he knows it. He would never want to do the first one and the second one is something he shouldn't even be considering doing. So he stands there like a statue.


"Aw look, your cute little friend is here to pick you up" Key says moving his attention to Taemin, walking towards him.


"You're his friend?" Jonghyun asks Taemin like it was the most disbelieving this he had heard all day.


Taemin could easily say no and run away. Jinki thinks he should rather than getting involved in this. It's true that Jinki wants someone to help him. Anyone but not Taemin. He would only get hurt with Jinki.


"Yes. I'm his friend" Taemin says trying to sound cheery like he usually does although his voice comes out shaky. At least he didn't say best friend. That might have made everything worse. Jinki was about to sigh in relief but he hears Taemin correct himself "Actually I'm his best friend". Jinki looks at Taemin in disbelief.


What the is Taemin thinking?


Key pffts at this. "Yeah? Come over here." Jonghyun motions Taemin with his finger to come and stand beside Jinki . Taemin hesitates.


"You don't want your best friend to hurt do you sweetie pie?" Key says to his ears and gives him push from the back hard enough for Taemin to move forward and stand in front of Jonghyun right where he wanted him.


There is another presence in the room all of a sudden. And it's none other than of Choi Minho's who came to pick his friends up. He looks at Key and Jonghyun as if asking them what is going on.


"Come her Minho. This is fun" Key pats on top of one of the tables that was next to him.When Minho also joins them Jonghyun decides to continue.


"You, touch his nose" Jonghyun tells Jinki. Well that's an easy task, Jinki thinks as he wipes his sweaty hands on the coat, getting ready to touch Taemin's nose. "I dare you"


Key's smirk widens like he understood what Jonghyun was going to do. Minho shakes his head, bored, and plays with his watch.


Jinki looks at Jonghyun dumbfounded. What's that suppossed to mean? Jinki just cannot figure out what Jonghyun actually wants him to do. Jinki thinks of all the possible things that would happen if he touches Taemin's nose. He is not a nerd for nothing.


Jonghyun would:


applaud and congratulate him for his braveness. ---------> No way in hell!


bash him up for accepting his challenge. Well Jonghyun was daring him so it was a challenge.-----------> The most likely thing to happen


Cut Taemin's nose off with a knife before Jinki touches it ----------> Naah he won't do that. He can't be that heartless. C-can he?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                There are also other things Jonghyun could do to him by which Jinki would be hurted in one or the other way.


And if Jinki doesn't touch Taemin's nose, it means Jinki has disobeyed Kim Jonghyun's order.


Both of the things would only lead to one outcome. He has no choice, no option, no escape.


He is trapped.