When a Nerd falls for a Jock...

When a Nerd falls for a Jock...

 



Chapter 5


When Jinki wakes up the next morning, he feels a weight on top of him. He yelps in surprise when he sees a grinning Taemin in his uniform, sitting on his stomach like the statue of Buddha. Jinki screeches then, wiggling his body around which sends Taemin stumbling back onto the floor.

“Yah!!” Taemin whines standing up, rubbing his . 

“Wh..why were you on top of me?” Jinki says putting on his glasses on from the table.

“I was just trying to wake you up.” Taemin puffs up his cheeks and pouts. “We're late for our breakfast! They have waffles in the menu today so hurry up!” Taemin tugs on Jinki's clothes, ready to drag him out of the room. “I can't believe we missed out dinner yesterday. I don't even remember falling asleep.” Taemin says suddenly stopping, eyes going all wide as if that is the most unbelievable thing on earth.


Jinki is not going to tell him that he hit Taemin's head a bit too hard yesterday, when he was high on sugar, which knocked him out straight away. He tries to change the subject and he didn't have to try much because his stomach rumbles loudly. Taemin looks at his stomach, then his face then chuckles cutely poking the other's tummy “It looks like you're really hungry Jinki. I'm sorry for not getting you dinner from canteen yesterday. I must have been feeling really sleepy because I never miss out any meals ever” he says ruffling his hair.

Jinki feels guilty wash over him. “It's alright Taemin. We ate lots of cakes and ice cream yesterday anyway. I wasn't even feeling hungry” He assures Taemin. 

“Really?” asks Taemin and Jinki nods, smiling. 

“You're hungry now so let's go and eat. We don't have much time left before our first lesson starts.” 

“What's my first lesson?”

“You will be having the same lessons as me for today because you're new. They will give your timetable later I think. Now hurry up Jinki, I'm sooo hungry!”

“But I haven't got changed yet! I didn't even have a shower”

“Jinkiiii, there's no time to have a shower now. I want my waffles and syrup” Taemin stamps his feet on the floor like a kid and stops remembering something. “ And I still haven't shown you around the school yet. Yunho hyung is going to be furious!” 

“Okay okay I'll be back in a second.” says Jinki, rushing to the toilet. What he forgets is that the bed sheet is tangled between his legs and so he trips and falls with a thud before he even makes half way to the destination, causing Taemin to snicker loudly.



“Can you tell me about the Academy now​?” Jinki asks to Taemin who is devouring his mouth with food.

“I need some energy first. You can ask your questions once I'm done with my waffles.” Taemin stuffs his mouth with some more waffles as soon as he finish saying this. He has no time to waste when it comes to eating.

“This is your third plate Taemin.” Jinki tries not to grit his teeth. Taemin looks up at him with that kicked puppy look and he could swear he saw tears in those eyes.

“I was only planning to eat one more” Jinki sighs. 

When Taemin dragged him out of the room this early in the morning, he didn't think that he would be such a food maniac. It turned out that they were in front of the canteen before it even opened. Where does all these food go anyway?, Jinki thinks looking at Taemin's slim figure busily his fingers coated with syrup, eyes on Jinki's plate. 

“Hey Jinki, if you're not eating yours can I have them?


When Taemin finally finishes eating Jinki's breakfast as well, more students started coming into the canteen to get their breakfast, wearing different kinds of uniforms. After a final of the fingers Taemin gives out a satisfied smile and looks at Jinki.

“I'm full now. Let's go to our first lesson. We have Biology. ”


On the way to the Biology corridor, Taemin tells him about the three Houses, Hermes, Adonis and Apollo. The students in green blazers are from Hermes and are exceptionally good at sports and other physical activities. Red uniforms are worn by students in Adonis who are experts at fashion and modelling. Apollo has students that are great artists and their colour is blue. (A/N: More information will be added in the story guide :|) 


“What about the students in black uniforms then?” Jinki finally asks the question which he had been wanted to ask from the beginning. He is definitely sure that there is something different about them. He didn't see many of them around either.

Taemin pauses before speaking “They...err..are special”

“Special?” 

Taemin nods opens his mouth to explain further but stops all of a sudden. Jinki sees how Taemin's eyes are looking past him so he also turns around to see who it is. There is a cute boy standing right behind him, with cheeks chubbier than him, with a very serious expression on. 

“You're blocking the way” He says to him in a daring tone, but Jinki finds his voice rather cute.

Taemin looks at both of their faces and pushes Jinki to the side with such a force that Jinki clings to the wall to prevent himself from falling down and surprisingly, he succeeds.

“S..sorry. He's new” Taemin stutters to the boy. The boy studies Jinki's face for a good five seconds and walks inside the class room.

Wha? That's when Jinki notices what the boy was wearing.

“Why is every one so scared of ..” He isn't able to finish his sentence. Taemin hands are on his mouth preventing him from saying anything more.“Ssshhhhhh” says Taemin, them peeks his head into the classroom watching the boy in black uniform sitting down somewhere at the back of the classroom and turns back to Jinki. 
“I'll tell you later okay? They...they're not like the other students. They are really dangerous” Taemin's voice is a mere whisper, the usual smile on his lips invisible.

He grabs Jinki's hand and sits at the front of the classroom and Jinki obviously chooses to sit on the chair right next to him since he doesn't really know any one else. The classroom is awfully quiet. Outside the classroom, the students are talking with each other without any problems but once they enter the classroom, they don't talk at all. Most of them waves at Taemin, but doesn't even spare a glance at the back of the room, where the Thunder boy is seated. He was the only one wearing the black uniform in that classroom.

When the teacher comes in and introduces him to everyone else in the class, Jinki's doesn't miss out the way Thunder keeps observing him. Jinki thinks back at the time when he met the other three students in black blazers, Yonghwa, Leeteuk and TOP. There was clearly something different about them. He just can't figure out what it is.


Once Science was over, they headed to English and then Economics, which went pretty well for Jinki. The only thing bothered him was how each classes were on different buildings. Unlike Biology, the other two classes were really noisy. and almost every one in the classroom came to talk to him as soon as the lessons were over. He is sure that it had something to do with the fact that there was not one student in black blazers in any of those two classes.


“Yaay!! It's lunch time.” Taemin stretches his arms as they leave the Economics classroom. “We need to get the chicken before those greedy pigs from Hermes eats them all. They might be good at sports or whatever but that doesn't mean that they have to gulp down all the food from the canteen. Let's go and fight for our chicken Jinki” His face looks determined like he is in some kind of serious mission of saving world from the alien invaders as he makes his way to the canteen, one hand dragging Jinki along with him. Jinki doesn't mind as long as he gets his chicken.


“Did you memorise the whole canteen menu or something Taemin?” Jinki asks disbelievingly as Taemin returns with another plate of pasta after finishing off his chicken. Taemin shrugs, sipping on his fourth bottle of banana milk. They decided to sit next to a bunch of other Apollo students for lunch, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Heechul and Shingdong. 


Jinki finds it fascinating how Taemin gets along with just anyone and everyone, how he casually asked Heechul and Shingdong if they could move over so that him and Jinki can join them and they did so without any hesitation. Was being social always this easy? No, never for him. But it sure was for Taemin. 


Taemin was cheery unlike who would sit at the corner, avoiding all the others around him. He has always had his lunch by himself in school. So having lunch with a group of students is a whole new experience for him. Taemin talks and laughs with the other four and eventually turns to Jinki asking for his opinion on whatever he was talking about, making sure he was not left out, who would nod in reply even though he has no idea what they were talking about. 


“So, did you like SM then?” Eunhyuk attempts to start a conversation with him. He decides may be he should start socialising a bit more to people other than Taemin and was about to reply to Eunhyuk with a long answer when the canteen filled abruptly with screams and camera flashes.


Jinki, startled by all the screams and shouts, raises his head higher to get a better view of the source of all this. (Really he didn't even know boys were able to scream this loud. He thought it was a girls kinda thing.) What he found was five boys, all good looking and charming, posing in the middle of the canteen like they were in a photo shoot. They were all wearing the red uniform but in a glamorous way. The one standing in the middle, wearing red shades and all, even had all his shirt buttons undone, exposing his well toned body. Jinki looks at all the other guys asking them what the hell is going on.


“That's Nickhun in the middle, the Head of Adonis” explains Kyuhyun “and those are his friends, Yoochun, G.O, Jaybom and what was that guy's name again Eunhyuk? I can't seem to remember and it was a pretty name too. Donghae was it?” he turns to Eunhyuk with a playful smirk on his lips “You should know since you two seem to be really” he does a a weird motion with his hands, spreading the fingers and then intertwining them together “...close”

Heechul and Shingdong snickers and laughs aloud, high fiving Kyuhyun.

“We're not close idiots” Eunhyuk states defensively , his eyes on the plate however, saying other wise. Though he looks completely taken aback when the five models pass by their table. Donghae glances sideways at Eunhyuk's direction, his lips slowly and winking, as sly smile creeping across his lips as Eunhyuk blushes and looks away from him embarrassingly.

“Sure you're not” says Heechul rolling his eyes and Taemin giggles. It's all so obvious.

It is to everyone but Jinki that is. He doesn't have the slightest clue of what just happened. He was never really good at body language anyway.


Jinki decides to shift his gaze to somewhere outside the canteen while chomping on his chicken. Through the glass walls of the canteen, he could see students wandering around the hallways of the Arts building. The main door of the building wide opens and then he clearly sees them. The students in black uniform. The other students in the hallway goes quiet and bows as they pass by.

Three are walking at the front with a dead serious expression on their faces and Jinki could remember the two of them standing either side of the one in between them . The scary faced, husky voiced guy , TOP and the always strangely calm guy from the audition, Yonghwa. Behind them were Leeteuk and some other guy who he didn't know and they were nudging each other and laughing like crazy about something. Jinki could practically hear sirens ringing in his head when he sees Leeteuk laugh. The other two people behind them are not laughing though. One of them., he recognises as the cute boy from earlier, Thunder, and the other he didn't know but his face looked as though he is in a mood of murdering someone.

Jinki is desperate now. He needs to know who these students actually are and he is not going to get an answer from Taemin any time soon so he turns to Shingdong,

“Who are those guys?” 


Shingdong stops and follows his glance. “You don't know?” He sounds surprised.

“Taeminnie, you didn't tell him yet?” Heechul asks Taemin.

“I just didn't want him to freak out” He mumbles.

“He still needs to know now that he is part of the Academy. It's not like he has an escape anyway” says Heechul, placing palm on his chin.

“Shut up Heechul. You're scaring the poor guy.” says Eunhyuk seeing Jinki's eyes going wide. “Those students are from Cratus. It's just like the other Houses in SM but they only have eight students so we don't really exactly consider Cratus as a House. You see the three walking at the front are Changmin, TOP and Yonghwa. Changmin is their leader. Following them are Leeteuk and Chansung. The only ones who actually laughs out of all of them. Then there is Junhyung and then Thunder, who is the youngest. ”

“Why are they so, uhh, special?” Jinki can't help but ask.

“They all have the same father and he owns SM. He don't have time to run the school. Which is why he gave that responsibility to his children. And he has a lot of them too in each year. When they reach the final two years of school, they will be automatically put into Cratus and the responsibility of the whole Academy will be on their shoulders” Shingdong explains.

Jinki tries his best to digest all the information he got and when he finally does his mouth opens wide. He still had one more question to ask though.

“Then why all the other students are so scared of them?” 

This time it's Kyuhyun who answers his question. “They are normal students really,” then he looks at straight into Jinki's eyes who is rooted on spot, “except for the fact that their father is the leader of South Korean Mafia Industry and they were all trained to take people's lives until they entered the Acadamy.”

Jinki's jaw almost touched his chest when he heard this and he is sure his eyes are dangerously bulging out of it's sockets.

“And that is the reason why we're all scared less of them. I heard that they carry guns with them. Who knows when they might as well decide to use it on us to check on their shooting skills or something.” sighs Kyuhyun, obviously enjoying the reaction he is getting from Jinki.

“Stop chatting Kyuhyun. Don't worry Jinki man. He's just trying to scare you.” Heechul tries to calm Jinki down.

“Seeee, I told you he will freak out. I told you I told you” Taemin quickly offers some water to Jinki who gulps it all down in go.

“You are not serious” He looks hopefully at Taemin to tell him that it was just a joke.

“ They're actually not that bad. Well, at least most of them aren't. They at least took you into the Academy. There are just eight of them anyway so you won't really see them around .” Taemin gives him smile.

Wait. Eight? Jinki is confident on his counting skills and if he were right about what he saw, there were only seven of them.

“But I only saw seven” He says looking confused.

Taemin and the others looks at each other nervously.

“Err... the one that you didn't see, his name is Jonghyun. He is not the like his brothers. He.... he is the worst out of all of them. He doesn't have a good relationship with the others in Cratus for some unknown reason. Listen Jinki,” Taemin says shaking Jinki's hands wildly and sounding panicked “Just...if you see Jonghyun, avoid him at any cost okay? Don't go anywhere near him. He is no good”

“Why Taemin? And how would I know who Jonghyun is? I've never seen him.” Jinki asks innocently unable to understand why Taemin said it.

“He is always with his best friends Key and Minho. Minho is from Hermes. He looks like a frog and is as tall as a tree. Key is from Adonis and is a model so he's always in red blazers and he is the one who you should be avoiding the most. He knows when a leaf moves in SM” says Kyuhyun.

“Why do you want me to...?”

He wasn't able to finish off when the glass door of creaks open, and the whole canteen goes silent. There stood three students and it's none other than the trio they were talking about seconds ago. The one standing in the middle, Jonghyun, is only wearing the white shirt with the top two buttons undone, a tie loosely around his neck, black blazers on his shoulders and hands on his pockets. Key is standing on the left with a slight smirk on his lips, hair with red highlights matching his uniform and almost covering one of his eyes, his face flawless and eyes feline. Minho is noticeably taller than the other two with an extremely handsome but expressionless face and long hair with small curls. 
 

“Oh crap! Jinki look down look down look dooowwwn” Taemin whispers to Jinki who doesn't hear him at all. He is looking at the trio while sipping on his orange juice, making sure that he's not making any noise as the canteen is so silent and that's when it happens. When Taemin doesn't get Jinki's attention he nudges him in the ribs with his bony elbow. Jinki shrieks as pain shoots into his body and the Tropicana bottle goes flying from his grasp on to the floor making a big noise which gets everyone's attention, including the trio.

Taemin bites his lips hoping the they won't look their way but it shatters when Key eyes already notices Jinki and walks towards him tilting his head to have a better look at his face.

“Well well well, Who do we have here?” Key says aloud and his smirk widens.
 

Taemin face palms as Jonghyun's eyes travels from the bottle and lands on Jinki's face.