When a Nerd falls for a Jock

When a Nerd falls for a Jock...

 

Chapter 13

The Academy Library is huge. Though it looks ancient and dark, it's like a big, enormous museum with two floors. There is even an aquarium with plants and subdued lightening. 

 
It's one of Taemin's least favourite places. 
 
Because their exams were only a week away, Onew and him had decided to come here every day after school to revise. Taemin didn't mind this since the clubs will only be opened after the exams. But he didn't know Jinki was going to stay in this hell place until it closes!  
 
To make the matters worse, Eunhyuk and the others just had to be in there for the same purpose of revision. Now, Onew is gone to get a book and is taking ages to come back. Taemin sighs for the upteenth time, feeling bored as hell, and starts drumming his fingers on the table. 
 
“Taemin, stop that. People are trying to learn.” Kyuhyun whispers sharply.  
 
Taemin huffs folding his arms on his chest and looks around to find something that could ease his extreme boredom. He now regrets putting back the comic that he slid inside one of the text books without Onew seeing. Eventually his eyes fall on the copy of SM Express that lied on the far end of the table. He grins and asks Shindong to pass it to him. 
 
This will do for now. At least I can check out what's going to be in the canteen menu for next week, he thinks happily and unfolds the newspaper. 
 
SM will be competing against ZE:A  in the final battle for the championship title
 
Taemin pffts. He could care less about stupid Hermes and their stupid championship. They might be good at sports but what they're even good at is eating. They finish up all the food in the canteen within seconds before he could even get a chance to smell them a little. 
 
There is this big  picture Choi Minho being embraced by his team mates, who scored the super goal that got them to the final. To Taemin, Choi Minho looks like he popped straight out of Keroro Gunsou.  If he gets a chance, he would like to tell Minho that some day. 
 
Without bothering to read the rest, he heads to the next page.
 
******************
 
Jinki struggles quite a lot to find the book he was looking for. The library shelves are tall and he has to use a step ladder to get it from on of the top shelves. It's only a miracle that he doesn't manage to bring the whole shelf down with him when he loses balance  and pretty much topples off the ladder. He could only hope people didn't catch him during his big fail. He gets up rubbing his hurt and pulls his glasses up to the bridge of his nose. Gasping, he sees that the shelf was still wobbling dangerously causing one or two books to fall off from the top. He brings his hands up and stands their gawking,  like he's emitting some kind of magic from his hands to stop the wobbling. When it finally stops he sighs in relief. 
 
And that's when he hears this freaky laugh which startles him to no end. It's too high pitched to be a boy's. For a moment he thinks that it's Leeteuk. But no. Jinki is sure that it's a girl because this person is wearing a hideous, old fashioned dress. Leeteuk doesn't wear dresses. And he is most certainly not a girl. Jinki squeaks, frightened  out of his wits and the laugh turns hysterical.
 
 Jinki knows he should listen to what Kyuhyun says with one ear and let it straight out through the other. So when Kyuhyun mentioned a certain ghost of a girl that has been lingering around the library , that's exactly what Jinki did. He now thinks he really should have listened when the girl or ghost whatever the hell it was, starts moving closer...
 
And smiles at him, offering him a hand to shake. Jinki looks at the hand and then back to the girl a few times unsurely then asks, 
 
“Y-you're not,err, b-by any chance the g-ghost of that  woman wh-who got buried alive beneath the ground for ch-cheating on her husband two hundred years ago right?”
 
The girl stares at him, breaks into some more of that freaky laughter and shakes her head.  Jinki sighs in relief.  She is so pretty even in that white, dull dress. He thinks while smiling at her uncertainly and wiping his sweaty hands on the trousers quickly to shake her hand. Wait why is she in that dress?  And why the hell is she even...? His wipes get slower and eyes, wider before he runs to where he thought Taemin was.
 
***************
 
“Guys, look what I found!” Taemin announces happily, waving the newspaper overhead. 
 
“Sshh” says the librarian by staring at them sternly .“This is going to be the last warning I'm giving you Mr Lee” Taemin smiles sheepishly and ducks his head in the newspaper. When he is sure the man has disappeared from the view, he pops his head out of it with a cheeky grin. 
 
“We're going on a school trip after the exams! For two weeks!”
 
Four pairs of curious eyes turned towards him at once. He continues passing them the paper. 
 
“It's awesome right? The Cratus this year is soo much better than the last year one.”
 
The newspaper is quickly passed around the group, each of their faces turning into grins. 
 
“We're going Camping!” Shindong exclaims happily. 
 
“And Lotte World! I've always wanted to go there!” Hecchul squeals bouncing up and down on the chair he was seated. 
 
“I don't get what's so exciting about the National Museum. And I've already been to the Hangang River two times.”   
 
 “Shut up Kyuhyun! A hostile person like you won't understand the value of freedom” 
 
The argument goes on between them. Only Taemin notices that Eunhyuk is not speaking. 
 
“Aren't you excited hyung?” 
 
“Oh. Erm. I can't go. I'm broke” Everyone stops what they were doing to look at him “Sorry guys”, he finishes apologitically.
 
“Why don't you ask for some money from your boyfff- I mean, someone who could, you know, help you with the situation?” Shindong suggests while Heechul and Kyuhyun sniggers in the background. Eunhyuk glares at them. 
 
“You could ask Yunho hyung. He would let you borrow money from the House fund.” Taemin says because he knows Yunho would help. He always does. Eunhyuk shakes his head. 
 
“It's fine. I wanted to stay with Yunho actually. He looked really busy these days. May be I could stay and help.”
 
Taemin pouts, disappointed. 
 
“It would have been more fun if you were there too.” The pout then turns into a bright smile. “But don't worry hyung. I'll bring you nice souvenirs” 
 
Eunhyuk smiles and ruffles Taemin's blonde locks. 
 
“Thanks Taemin-ah”
 
“Your best friend has been gone for a while now. Are you sure he hasn't tripped over the air and broken his leg or lost a tooth?” 
 
By the time Taemin opens his mouth to reply to Kyuhyun, he sees Jinki running, or rather flying towards him with a face of pure panic. Like he just saw a ghost. When he is about twenty feet away Taemin hears him squeaking out. 
 
“ I saw a girl!”
 
“Onew what-”
 
“I swear I just saw a girl right there in the top floor near the cabinet ! She was in a dress too!” Jinki wildly flails his arms around. “Taemin, are you sure you're not keeping anything from me? Like the fact that maybe this library is haunted?”
 
“Don't tell me you actually saw the ghost I told you about”  Kyuhyun sarcastically comments. The rest of them doesn't know what's happening. 
 
“I'm lost” says Shindong looking clueless.  
 
“Jinki, ghosts don't exist. Even a kid like Taemin knows it.” Heechul says giving him a blank expression. 
 
“Hey, I'm not a kid!” 
 
“How would you find a girl here anyway? This is a boys' school Jinki. You probably saw on of the teachers or something.” Eunhyuk at least tries to sound nice. 
 
“Exactly. The last time I had a good look on a girl was during the summer” Shindong sighs bringing his hand to his chin. He then smirks wriggling his eyebrows “Jinki, you naughty boy. What kind of book were you reading up there in the top floor? It was one of those dirty ones wasn't it?” 
 
“W-W-What? N-no it wasn't!”  Jinki looks mortified. “I'm sure I saw a proper girl. She didn't look old enough to be a teacher. I'll show you if you come with me”  
 
So up the stairs they went following Jinki, who after causing much , much difficulties and confusion for himself and the others, finds the girl still standing there.
 
“And where's the girl?” Kyuhyun says from behind Heechul. 
 
“T-There” Jinki points to the figure. “C-Can't you see?”
 
 Is he hallucinating? Jinki shakes his head and looks again to make sure. She is still there.  
 
“That's not a girl Jinki. It's Kevin. And Kevin is definitely not a girl.” 
 
Jinki gapes, his eyes go as wide as they could. The “girl” who was now revealed as a boy named Kevin, looks at them noticing all the noises. He smiles seeing Jinki.
 
“Hello again ” He waves at Jinki while walking closer.. “You just ran away from me earlier before I could really say anything.” 
 
Jinki blinks twice, his mouth remaining agape with utter shock. He still can't quite believe this is a boy. He is too pretty to be one. He even speaks like a girl. And why is he wearing a dress? 
 
“You probably got scared because of what I'm wearing. I'm in the school play for the Youth Festival. I have a girl role. I just came to get the book version of the play so that I could know more about the character I was playing.  That's when I saw you...” Kevin smiles at him, plying with his fingers shyly. Like a ing girl. “ I didn't mean to scare you like that.”
 
Jinki blushes crimson, the redness spreading across his neck to the tip of his ears like wild fire. He shakes his head furiously. 
 
“I'm really sorry for thinking you're a girl!”, he says bowing five times at once. He is surprised when he sees Kevin still smiling, tinges of pink appearing on both cheeks. 
 
“It's okay. I get that a lot”
 
Behind Jinki, Eunhyuk is trying to prevent the laugh that was threatening to break out. Kyuhyun and Shindong are already on the floor rolling with laughter. Taemin has still managed to stand somehow, shoulders shaking and a hand covering his mouth without knowing how to control himself. Heechul let out an  annoyed sigh. 
 
“I have to go now. It was nice meeting you Jinki.”  Kevin says patting his shoulder. 
 
Jinki nods, looking at the floor with embarrassment. 
 
“Wait. How do you know my name?” he asks quickly, surprised. 
 
“I've seen you in the papers” Kevin says and Jinki flushes some more. 
He is sure the whole school knows him as the  victim of Kim Jonghyun's bullying because of SM Express. He sort of hates that G Dragon guy for that. He had never he would be the one to hate someone without even knowing them. 
 
He sees Heechul pretending to look through a book when Kevin passes by.  He was expecting Heechul to laugh at him for his stupidity too. When Kevin is completely gone he turns to Jinki. 
 
“Just what about him made you think that he was a girl?”, he is clearly annoyed. Jinki has no idea why. 
 
“Why are you getting angry at him for? He doesn't know you're jealous of Kevin because he got the role you wanted.” Kyuhyun smirks. His remarks were always sharp. 
 
“I'm not jealous of him! I'm clearly way prettier and talented than him. I don't understand why Jo Kwon can't see it.” 
 
Jo Kwon is the leader of the acting club, which is known as Dionysus as Jinki recently figured out. He is the most weird person Jinki has ever met. Until he saw Jo Kwon, he had always thought Nichkhun was the weirdest. But apparently he is nowhere near weird compared to Jo Kwon. 
 
Heechul whines all the way back to downstairs and Eunhyuk sighs.
 
“Heechul, just be happy with what you have will you?” 
 
Taemin takes this as a chance to tell Jinki about the school trip. 
 
“I'm not going”  he straight out says.  Taemin pouts sitting back on his chair. 
 
“But you have to! It's going to be fun!” 
 
“This is exactly what you said when you told me to come to the party last week. When you got there you just left me and I got lost and...” , he stops reminding himself to be careful with the words. He didn't  by any means want Taemin to know what happened. 
 
“I know Onew and I'm sorry. This time I promise I won't leave you. I've came up with this awesome plan that could save you  from Jonghyun. So please?” Taemin begs. Yunho might be immune to his puppy eyes but Jinki is absolutely not. 
 
“Okay.” He sighs in defeat at the end. “Fine. We'll go. When is it?” 
 
“A week after the exams”
 
“But I thought the Soccer Championship Final was after the exams?” Eunhyuk pauses and asks “Does that mean Hermes won't be coming to the trip?” 
 
“Who cares about them and their Championship, hyung?”, Taemin rolls his eyes for good measure.
 
****************
exams and the school trip. Right now, the only thing in Choi Minho's mind was  the  Championship Final. He and his team was so going to win this thing.  SM was going to smash ZE:A  big time. 
 
Missing two days of the  school trip wasn't even a problem for him. It's true that he has not been getting enough rest since the beginning of the year. He had been busy with all the practice and  Hermes relied on him for almost everything since he was one of the star players of SM.
 
Minho is a hard person to figure out. One could never guess what is going through his mind. But that didn't mean he had no emotions. He had an extreme control over them. He can choose whether he want to expose his emotions to others.  And he wasn’t the one to get his nose into things that didn't concern him. He did care about things. Though he only cared about things he thought he should care about.  
 
If  you look at Minho right now, you would see determination  baring in those eyes, as he prepares to kick the ball straight into the goal post that is being defended by the coach.
 
The field is empty since most of the students wanted to stay in their rooms and revise for the midterms. Only four people from his team has bothered to turn up for practice today. Minho is glad they did. 
 
“Go on Minho!”, he could hear Key cheering for him from afar. 
 
Key and Jonghyun  have been sitting on the field cheering for him once school was over  (mostly Key) even though he had told them to leave. 
 
When the ball goes in for the fourteenth time,  Jung Ji Hoon, the coach tells them to take a short break.  Key stops filing his nails, takes a bottle of water from his bag and hugs Minho without touching (“If you weren't this sweaty I'd give you a proper one”) to which Minho rolls his eyes and snatches the bottle out of  other's hand. Jonghyun nods at him.
 
“Good job Minho” And he nods back before starting to gulp down the water. It felt so s good to feel the coolness sliding down his dry throat. 
 
“Minho”
 
He stops drinking and turns to see the Head of Hermes, Ok Taecyeon. 
 
“Hyung”
 
“About the trip.”, the other says “Since Hermes is going to meet up with the rest at the hotel, you're going to be sharing rooms with the other House students. Our House fund is not exactly very well at the moment and with the match being only two weeks away, we can't afford to pay for the rooms right now.”
 
“Who am I going to be sharing rooms with?”
 
“Lee Jinki and Lee Taemin from Apollo. Is that okay?”
 
Jonghyun is staring at him with such intensity, like he wanted Minho to look back at him and see it. Key's amused eyes travel up to look too. 
 
“I'm fine with it hyung. Thank you ” Minho says nodding his head and dribbles the ball between his legs like the expert he is. 
 
Key, not looking the least bit surprised by Minho's reply, quickly gives a side glance to Jonghyun smirking, and turns his attention to what he was doing before. Jonghyun keeps staring, though Minho pays no attention and drives away with the ball. 
 
A/N: Heyy!! :]  Have any of you heard Kevin Woo's laugh? It's totally aodrable! :P
 
Did you see the poster of my fic *__* It's awesome right? Thank you :3 <3  This past month I've been sooooo busy that I couldn't even read that many fanfics U.U   I'm sorry if this chapter seemed like it was rushed or something. :s. Oh and thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented. You're soo nice!  ;__; <3 <3 <3