Chapter One: New Feeling

Dying To See You

New Feeling

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Giggles were in the air, Amber knew that they were coming. She hurries and buys her lunch and leave the cafeteria before the spiders roll up into her pants. 

She pays the lunch lady before picking up her tray. Lowering her head to not attract any spiders, not watching where she was going, she bumps into a wall making the chocolate milk and oatmeal spill on her. Amber heard the same group of people coming closers.

"Hey, you look so helpless, do you need help?” one teased as they stuck their hands out to help her. She hesitates but she didn’t use it. “What are you scared?” she said with a hint of flabbergast in her tone. Amber was about to reply but she felt something wetting her hair as it pours on top of her head. She realizes that the liquid was the dirty water from the sink. The rotten food sticks on to her hair making her reek. The group of kids laugh as they each threw garbage at Amber and left her on the floor.

 

 

Amber took the milk carton and crushed it in her hands. She was on the edge of crying before she gets up and leaves the room with judging looks. Amber walked in the hall as she heard laughter from the distance. She held in her anger as she went in the locker room to shower. At least this was better than getting beat up…” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 It was the first day of high school, a part of Amber was excited to finally graduate from elementary school. Feeling another life accomplishment, she was going to the next level which is surviving high school, but a part of her was depressed and nervous. Being transferred from America, she wasn't sure if anyone would accept her and be her friend. Man, she stops herself from over thinking, before any of the thoughts get even worse to discourage her. Washing up, and wearing her school uniform, she decided to leave her hair un-gelled. She looks in the mirror before she lets out a big breath. Eyeing her reflection, Amber brings up her fist before cheering herself on. 

 

 

 

 

“H’Fighting~”

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

The ride to school was the longest ride she ever been in. Nervousness was eating her up, she wonder if they would neglect like how her school back in America. Being bullied wasn’t fun; it was a worrisome plus a burden to your family. Going home with bruises all over your body, that’s why she always wore clothes that weren’t revealing. She manages to hide it from her family but not her friend, but she bailed out on her after when Amber cut her hair. She wasn’t always bullied from the start; Amber had a perfect life before it all happen. She doesn’t even know why they even bully her, did she look that small and easy to bully?

 

 

 

 

Amber sat in the seat and admiring the view outside, until a boy with glasses and has puffy black hair catches Amber’s attention. He was surrounded by a group of students and they were pointing figures at him, the boy looked so scared and sad. Amber opened the widow to hear what they’re saying. Being half Korean, half Taiwanese, half American and maybe half black too, she could only understand a few phrases. The words that the group said weren’t too pleasant. She gave a digusted look when they started to beat him up. 

 

 

 

 

“Honey, please don’t look at that, it’s going to bring your bad memories back.”

 

 

 

 

Amber would’ve kept watching the poor boy get beat up if her mom didn’t talk. Amber then realizes that they were parked in front of a school, she looks arounf before giving her mom a sarcastic “Really?” look.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, it’s not a bad as it seems.”

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, really, I saw a boy getting beat up just near here. Yup it’s totally a great school.”

 

 

 

 

Amber sarcastically replied to her mother before giving her a kiss. She unbuckles her seat belt before getting out of the car. She swing her backpack behind her back before leaning the widow.

 

 

 

 

“Honey, have a great time… It will be great.”

 

 

 

 

“Okay mom, see you later.”

 

 

 

 

Amber’s mom waved cutely at her before driving off. She looks back where the boy was getting beat up and she couldn’t help but feel pity. Hopefully Seoul is different… She walked up stairs to find a very large soccer field, she sees people playing sports and people just chilling and talking. When she walked pasted them, all of them gave her a look that she had seen for the past few years and some where even whispering. Weren’t they supposed to be in class? Her mom told her that she was late for school… Something was off, and she was lost. In mist of deep thinking, she heard yell that made her turn around.

 

 

 

 

“Watch out!!”

 

 

 

 

Before she knew it, something hard impacts her face making her fall back. Is this the start of her misery? Why did they hate her? What did she do to them? She just wanted to go to school like how every other students do without getting bullied. She asked the god, "can't you grant me that wish? "

 

 

 

 

"Are you okay?"

 

 

 

 

Amber snaps out of her trance and opens her eyes. She sees a group of people surrounding her, Amber thought she was going to get beat up but the looks on their faces... looked worried. She looks around until the one face had caught her eye. Staring tenderly at him, she notice his facial appearance, his nose sharp with a perfect jawline, an a bushy eye brow. Amber's face started to heat up at how close his face was to hers. He smiles when he sees her awake, man, that killer smile just shot down Amber. Amber felt her head throbbing, her heart racing, and her palms sweating. This was feeling was new to her...But what does this feeling mean?