Chapter 3

Coffee Shop Down the Street

-Your POV-

I blinked a few times, trying to process Daehyun's words. There were so many thoughts going through my head. So many 'what if's'.

But, why me?

 

"~~~~?" Daehyun waved a hand in front of my face, waking me up from my daze. I stared at him blankly because I was still a bit woozy.

"W-Will you go out with me?" he asked once again.

 

A huge chunk of me was screaming, "yes, the nicest guy you could ever meet!" but another part kept telling me,'no, something bad will happen!"

 

Did I like Dae Hyun? I don't know, maybe? Could you label these feelings as liking someone?

 

"Yes," I blurted out without finishing the debate going on in my head. A huge smile spread across his face, which was accompanied by a bright red blush.

The wallflower and the kingka. What a cheesy, cliche, movie relationship. Well in my case, I'm not even a wallflower. More like... A flower that ran into a wall. Because I'm not interesting at all...

 

"Really?? That's great!" Daehyun screamed a bit too loudly.

"Shhh! I don't.. You know, want others to know." I told him.

His face immediately fell.

 

"You.. you're embarrassed to have me as your boyfriend..?" he stared at his feet in disappointment.

"No, no! Not at all! It's just like... crazy fangirls will come and get me. And chop off my head or something." I pretended to cut my neck with my finger for emphasis.

 

Daehyun didn't take the joke as a joke. Rather, he looked determined for something.

"Tell me. Tell me if those girls ever do anything bad to you. But as long as you're mine, I'll protect you from them and you won't have to worry at all." His usual gorgeous smile returned to grace his features, which made me smile too. I nodded as he lightly took my hand.

 

It was weird, I felt like we had known each other forever. It's like I love him  already. "~~~~ ah~" Daehyun called my name in a singsong manner.

"Yeah?"

"Call me Oppa." he replied, laughing..... hmph. What a cheesy little pet name.

"No." I stated quietly. Daehyun pouted.

"Why nottttt~?" he poked my cheek over and over again.

 

It came to a point where it started to get painful, so I gave in.

 

"Fine...Oppa." I mentally shuddered at the name. Daehyun's face literally lit up like a candle.

"Yay~ I'm Oppa~ I'm Oppa~ I'm ~~~~'s Oppa~!" Daehyun cheered and did his little happy dance while I just observed, totally amused.

 

Just then,the rest of B.A.P. strolled randomly into the cafe as well and spotted us.

 

"Yah... Jung Daehyun! Stop embarrassing us with that dance, stupid hyung!" Youngjae, one of the nerdier members in the group, scolded Daehyun.

By nerdy, it's not in a bad way, it's just that he wears huge glasses on his face that make him look like a cutesy nerd. But he's also called the 'Brain' of B.A.P., according to Jieun.

 

"Why are you guys here? I told you I'm on a date with my girlfriend." Daehyun smirked, winking at Youngjae who hadn't been able to land a girlfriend.

"Are you guys even dating...?" the offended boy retorted.

"Yes, yes, we are. I just asked ~~~~ out and it's our job to make sure those crazy fangirls won't go after her." Daehyun's tone changed.

 

"..Ah, our Dae Hyunnie is growing up, hmm? Wants to make sure his precious girlfriend doesn't get hurt," Himchan smiled.

"Aish...hyunnng. Don't do this in front of ~~~~.." Daehyun pouted, refusing to make eye contact with me. I giggled from my spot, he was adorable when he was embarrassed.

 

"Yeah, yeah, we know hyung. If ~~~~'s important to you, then she's important to us too! We'll make sure she's fine when you can't see her~" one member chirped happily.

 

I wasn't sure if he was the maknae or what because he was so very tall..

I continued to stand there amidst the six kingkas awkwardly.

 

"..Why don't we all sit down?" I suggested finally after my legs began to ache. So we did.

 

"By the way... you're Choi Junhong, right?" I looked at the tall boy from earlier.

"Ne! But, just call me Zelo.. I like the name Zelo a lot. But if you really want to, you can call me Junhong!" Junhong, or Zelo, now, replied.

 

"Ok~ And Yongguk..Himchan.. Youngjae...Jongup...?" I looked at Daehyun for corrections.

"Woah, you got all five members right~ Good job, ~~~~!" Daehyjn complimented me, resulting in me blushing like crazy. I'm not used to people...  

 

For the rest of the evening, B.A.P. and I conversed like we were all old childhood friends. I suddenly felt terribly bad for thinking that they were stuck up brats.. They're actually really down-to-earth and relatable, just like everybody else!

I apologized for my wrong first impression, but B.A.P. being B.A.P., they easily forgave me without any hesitations.

 

Himchan did some adorable aegyo, Yongguk did some horrible low-pitched aegyo, Daehyun sang, Youngjae studied, and Zelo and Jongup danced until the time eventually came when I had to go home, albeit quite reluctantly.

One part at least was reluctant, the other part was relieved because I don't think I've ever had to socialize that much in my entire life. I bid farewell to the other five members, with Daehyun right behind me.  

 

Daehyun slowly walked me home, our hands locked together. It was probably one of the best days of my life, even though the holding hands part was a little awkward for me...Now just wait til I tell Jieun about this....

--
 
 
Hehe~ This was a cute chapter^^ Chapter four will be coming up soon!! 
And special thanks to Angelic Wisdom Review Shoppe for helping me fix these terrible grammatical errors for the past chapters ^ ^" mian, sunbae...
 
~carelesswhispers