Chapter 1

Coffee Shop Down the Street

-Your POV-

School. One word. Ruins many lives. "Ugh, another day in prison.." I mumbled to no one in particular, but it's not like I have anyone in the house to say it to anyways. Looking over at my alarm clock, I checked the time. Eh, twenty minutes to get ready.
 
When I hopped off the bus and slowly made my way to the classroom, I stumbled upon a familiar face.
"Jieun~!" I called out, waving my arm.
"Oh, hi ~~~~! Man, how many times do I have to tell you to call me IU? Heh, anyways, let's walk to class together~" she hummed, linking arms with me. Jieun was literally the nicest person alive, well to me at least. She's like the sister I never really had. 
 
As we skipped to class, we passed by a crowd of fangirls. They glanced over their shoulders and shot a disgusted look at us.
 
B.A.P. fangirls. They're the worst.
Those guys probably think they're all that. 
 
"Ugh, just  ignore them. Who gives a crap about what those girls think of us? All they know is what color lipgloss goes with which color dress." Jieun snapped, flicking her hair. I nodded and we continued walking.
 
We had two out of the six B.A.P. members in our class, which made school even more. And to top that, one of the members actually sat next to me. All Jieun and I heard all class period was, "Oppa! You're so handsome! Oppa! Look at me! Oppa! I'm prettier than her!" It was annoying.
 
I think you all are pretty ugly. 
 
 
I'm not sure why those girls love them so very dearly, they don't even pay attention to anyone outside their social circle. It's not like they're just going to date some random clingy chick in the crowd.
 
Class dragged on and on and on. It felt like it was never going to end.
 
"~~~~." A deeper voice rang throughout my ears.
 
I looked over and saw B.A.P.'s Dae Hyun staring at me from his seat. He knows my name? 
 
"You dropped this." He smiled kindly, holding up a pencil.
"Oh, thanks." I quickly snatched it back and turned away from him. Don't pretend to be nice to me, it's... it's making me feel weird.
 
~~~
 
 
Since I was a bit hungry after school and didn't have anything in my fridge, I decided to stop by my favorite coffee shop just down the street to buy some food. The owner is a close family friend of ours and she knows of all the.... hardships my family has been through, so she always gives me everything on the menu at no cost. 
 
Jieun couldn't come with me though because she had a family outing. Now I really wish that my family wasn't as corrupted and utterly messed up as it was, because then we'd be able to do things like that as well...
 
"Oh, ~~~~! Annyeong!" Kang Misoo, the owner, warmly welcomed me with a hug.
"Oh, annyeonghaseyo..." I bowed formally.
"Aigoo, I've known you ever since you were born and you still have to say 'annyeonghaseyo' and bow to me? Pity, pity." she patted my head fondly. 
 
Misoo is the motherly figure in my life that I really needed since my mother wasn't, you know, here all the time. I always come running over here whenever I have any problems or need help, and she fixes them right up. 
 
I grabbed my dinner and coffee from the shop's wide range of goods and walked over to sit down with my bookbag and work.
 
"Eomeoni, thanks for the food!" I called over my shoulder, smiling.
"You're welcome! But er, look ou-!"
 
I suddenly collided with something- a person. 
 
 
"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, I'm sorr-" I looked up to see the face of... Jung Daehyun. 
 
We just... kind of stared at each other for a few moments before Dae Hyun cleared his throat nervously.
 
"S-s....sorry.." I trailed off.
"I-I-it's...it's ok.." he stuttered back, darting his eyes away.
"..No, it's not! I literally just spilled boiling hot coffee all over your clothes.." I took a napkin and started dabbing on it. Daehyun gently took my hand in his, stopping me.
 
"No, it's ok! Really, it's.. it is kinda burning my skin, but that's ok." he repeated, looking into my eyes this time and smiling. His face was a nice shade of pink, and I felt my own face heat up on its own. 
 
"Well...I want to stay here and chat, really, but the other members are outside waiting. Don't worry about the shirt, I have a jacket!" he grinned happily. I managed to chuckle a little.
"I'm sorry again.." I apologized once more, but Daehyun merely dismissed it with a lazy wave of his hand.
"No worries! See you at school, ~~~~!" he saluted, exiting the coffee shop with a stupidly adorable smile plastered on his face. 
 
 
....It's either that I just fell head over heels for Jung Daehyun, or I'm really going insane like Jieun told me.
 
Or maybe it's both.