Double Date

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara wakes up ten minutes before her alarm; she immediately enters the bathroom to take a bath, singing 2NE1’s soon to be single on the shower. She manages to use Bom’s strawberry scented body wash without her permission, knowing Bom would scold her for doing so. She wears in her white robe, and wrapped her hair in a towel. Dara sits on the bathroom dresser, as she applied lotion to her legs, and all parts of her body, she had dabbed perfume on her skin as well. She then removes the towel off her hair and starts on combing her brown locks. Dara smiles at the mirror, and then contemplates if today would be a make-up day, but decides against it.

 

She smiles at herself, “BB cream day it is then.” She talks to the mirror, and then grabs on the sponsored make up from the countertop. She carefully applies it to her skin, making it evenly distributed to her face, and then grabs the pink gloss on the counter, and then it against her lips. She then took her phone that was on the corner of the table and Dara takes a selca of herself. “Yeppeuda~!” She compliments, and then laughed at herself.

 

A notification suddenly came on her Line app, opening it, it was from Kris telling her that the other giant had went off to his shooting for We Got Married. Dara messages him back to tell her that she was almost done and was about to go down soon.

 

Dara turns to their walk in closet and she realizes that she had no idea what to wear for today. She carefully peeks outside at the window in the bathroom stall and sees the sun scorching down. She decides to wear something fresh instead. Dara pulls out one of her skirts from the back of her closet, and then also pulls out a crop tee to match. She wondered if it was too revealing, and then decided to change the shirt to a more conservative one instead.

 

Dara then brings out a pair of gold sandals (that were Bom’s) and then she wears them tightly. She looks at her outfit in the mirror on the room and then thinks if whether her outfit was too.. girly? She was to change her outfits to something subtler when her phone suddenly rang.

 

“Hello?” She immediately answers.

 

“Noona, I’m at the lobby.” The voice on the other line informs.

 

“Oh? Ahh.. Okay, I’ll be going down in a bit.” She tells him and then shuts the call off. Kris was picking her up, or to make it technically correct, Kris was going to meet her in their dorm, and with Dara’s car, they were going to stalk together. Kris didn’t have a license after all.

 

She immediately grabs her bag, and then quietly went out of the dorm, not leaving a trace that the girls might suspect where she was heading.

 

The elevator pings, and Dara rode it alone. A reflection was showing on the walls of the lift and she took one last gaze of herself. “Do I look.. different?” She asks herself, and then faced the security camera. Dara raises both her hands and gave two thumbs up (with a smile), and then gave two thumbs down (with a really cute pout). She then shrugged her shoulders, “At least I look decent. We’re just spying anyway.” She says to herself.

 

 

The elevator dinged, and Dara walks out of the elevator, she could see a tall guy, with now black hair, facing outside. Dara immediately knew it was Kris. He was wearing a white shirt, with his black jeans. She walked towards his direction, and when Dara was to startle him, Kris turns around.

 

“Boo?” Dara giggles.

 

“Ah- Were you supposed to scare me?” Kris innocently asks.

 

“Maybe, come on let’s go.” Dara walks to the exit, with Kris trailing right behind her.

 

Kris’ eyes lay on Dara’s legs, and he realized this was the first time, in a long time, that Dara had worn a skirt. She rarely wears skirts, yet she had worn one on such a fine day. Kris unintentionally gulps, and then looks elsewhere; he walked closer to Dara and tried his best to remove the image that was forming in his mind.

 

 

Dara and Kris were on their way to the shooting. Kris had asked Chanyeol about the agenda of their meeting right before he left and Kris found out that Chanyeol plans to bring Krystal to Namsan tower to get padlocks, a tradition for all couples, and then would eat at the same place as well. Chanyeol would also want to go biking with Krystal, if time would permit.

 

“For as long as we don’t get caught, right?” Kris suddenly breaks the ice.


“Nae?” Dara blanks out.

 

“I mean, what if they realize we were spying on them, what would we say?" Kris asks.

“I don’t know, let’s just say we’re on a date as well.” Dara jokes, leaving Kris taken aback.

 

He shakes his head, “Chanyeol would kill me.” Kris jokes back, although that's what he was planning to say say so if they get caught, too.

~

The other couple was on their way to Myeongdong, from there they would ride the cable car en route to the tower. Right now, Chanyeol doesn’t have a concrete itinerary for today. He remembers Krystal tell him that she always wanted to go to the N tower but never really had the guts to, because every time she watches it in dramas, lovers would be together and she never had a boyfriend to go to the tower with. Chanyeol thinks it’s time for that to change, because he was her “boyfriend” now.

 

They were about to board the capsule when Chanyeol suddenly asked if Krystal was scared of cable cars, and she answers that she was. The view was no joke, and falling off that view would be no joke as well.

 

He scratches his head, “Well if you don’t want to ride the cable car..” He wanted to back out, he still had dreams to fulfill, what if the rope suddenly snaps?

 

“But if you’re with me, wouldn’t you be protecting me so I wouldn’t be scared?” Krystal politely asks.

“I would, but I was worried that you didn’t want to.” He shyly says.

 

“Don’t tell me, oppa, you’re the one that’s scared?” Krystal teases.

“What? Me? N-no.” Chanyeol denies vehemently although he was rather, stuttering.

 

Krystal laughs; he was obviously scared although he didn’t want to show it. She grabs hold of his hand, “Don’t worry, I’ll be holding on your hand so you wouldn’t be scared, Chanyeol oppa.” She says and then pulls Chanyeol to the capsule. A little more that twelve people were inside, including the cameramen.

 

“We need two more.” The attendant calls for passengers before he sets the cable car to go. But most of the people on the line were families, consisting of four to five members.

 

“You two!” He calls on to Dara and Kris, but both of them pretended not to hear the attendant. They couldn’t join the couple just yet, they were barely starting on their spying, and they were this close to getting caught already?

 

But the small kid beside Kris taps him.  “Hyung, you and your girlfriend could enter the cable car now.” He pointed to the still open cable car.

 

Kris looks to the way the kid was pointing, and he saw that Chanyeol wasn’t minding the other people in the capsule, his eyes were only on Krystal, and so was Krystal’s so the chances of getting caught were a little limited; dejectedly, Kris held Dara’s hand, and then he pulls her to the entrance of the cable car, hoping Chanyeol nor Krystal would not recognize them.

 

Because of the filming, the cameras were hogging most of the space in the cable car. Krystal and Chanyeol were leaning on to the railings, and they were talking about what to do as soon as they reach the tower. Chanyeol had felt at ease, a bit. He was still holding Krystal’s hand, and it felt really homey as he did.

 

Dara on the other hand was cramped up beside Kris, they were barely moving on their place, as any movement of both of them might attract pairs of eyes that they didn’t dare want. What irks both of them is that they were not even wearing any disguises, and if anyone finds out they’re there, Chanyeol would screw both.

 

Kris’ body was protectively covering Dara away from the couple that was too busy talking to each other. Kris’ was facing his back towards the couple, and Dara was facing Kris, as if trying to hide her face. The distance between them was not even five inches, as they rigidly stood beside each other.

 

“Noona, why don’t you face the other way?” Kris suggestedly whispers, and slowly, Dara turns her back as that she would be facing the surroundings. She smiles at the view, and then signals Kris to move closer so he could see it, too.

 

“It’s pretty.” Kris comments, and Dara nods, holding out her phone to take a picture.

 

Kris protectively holds the railings of the cable car, unintentionally surrounding Dara with his arm. Dara then looks at the arm beside him and then blushes, why do they look like they’re in a date, too? They were just spying.

 

Dara hears Chanyeol’s laugh surround the whole capsule, which makes Dara turn her head to his location. Chanyeol notices that there were people looking at him weirdly and his gaze went to his surroundings.

 

Dara immediately tuck her head to Kris’ chest in alarm.

 

Chanyeol’s brows furrow, “Was that..” he asks, but then he clears the thought away, I miss Dara noona so much that I’m hallucinating that she’s here.. he thinks.

 

 

 

They arrive at the Namsan tower and Chanyeol and Krystal immediately go to the fence filled with padlocks. Kris and Dara sees the couple, followed by their cameramen, briskly walk to the fence. They stealthily follow the couple, and that was when both notice that Chanyeol and Krystal were holding hands as they were bound for the fence.

 

“Wow, they’re even holding hands.” Kris comments, and Dara’s heart sends him a bitter smile.

 

Chanyeol immediately pulls a blue heart-shaped lock from his pocket, which surprises Krystal, embarrassed thinking that Chanyeol prepared so much for today, while she hadn’t done anything to thank him.

“I also brought a marker with me.” Chanyeol hands Krystal the purple marker from his pocket, and then hands the lock to her as well.

 

“What are we supposed to write?” Krystal naively asks him.

 

Chanyeol grabs both items from Krystal, and then writes the message himself “Chanyeol + Krystal, for today and forever” and then adds the date of today. Krystal then suggests that he should draw figures of both of them together but Chanyeol could only draw stick figures, and he does draw them. Chanyeol then adds emphasis to his big ears while he had placed a cute bow on Krystal’s drawing. Chanyeol then latch their lock on place and gives one key to Krystal, and keeps one to himself.

They then proceed to taking pictures of themselves with the scenic view that the fence gives them.

 

Dara and Kris watch the couple interact, they could see them already comfortable with each other, and they weren’t in any way surprised because Chanyeol could do that to people, he could make people be at ease when with him. Both Chanyeol and Krystal have been smiling brightly to each other the whole time and Dara couldn’t help but wonder if Chanyeol really likes the girl, it seems like all their actions are genuine anyway. She feels like there was no point in actually stalking them.

 

“Maybe We Got Married isn’t scripted, Chanyeol and Krystal look so happy. I think we should go.” Dara tugs on Kris’ elbow, but he was too engrossed watching the couple interact, he was even taking a picture of Chanyeol’s arm that was draped around Krystal’s shoulder.

“Are you sure, noona?” Kris asks, he didn’t want to leave just yet, leaving means losing Dara for today, and he still didn’t believe that Chanyeol did like like Krystal, as what the media was trying to portray – they could be friends, yes, maybe only as such.

“Maybe we should follow them still, we’re not even sure if Chanyeol is only following the director’s orders. And.. We’re already here, I mean, it’s a waste if we don’t enjoy our time.” Kris tries to negotiate.

“Alright, let’s continue. But if we get caught I’m really blaming you!” She agrees, making Kris flash his gummy smile back at Dara.

 

Dara and Kris were about to leave and follow the couple as they went inside the building, when they spot an ahjumma seated on one of the benches by the fence. She was wearing tainted clothes, was under the hot sun, and was selling padlocks for couples. Dara approached her gently and gave her a smile.

“Do you want to buy some locks? Couples like you do it as tradition.” The ahjumma smiles brigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter