Anxiety

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is frantically rushing to the hospital one Sunday morning. Without getting properly dressed, she was wearing black skinny jeans and a white plain shirt, she had lazily worn a black beanie on top of her head in hurry and now she was trudging through the hallways of the hospital that one of the boys had messaged her.

 

It only took her ten minutes to arrive to the hospital as soon as she heard the news. She would take the risk of losing her driver's license over being a minute late anytime. Dara was lucky enough that the road was rather empty at this point of the day because no one could even imagine how agitated Dara was right now.

 

Why was she in such a fiasco? It was rather simple, really. It was all because of a simple message from Baekhyun, such information that sent her to a worrying frenzy.

 

To: Dara Noona

From: Byun Baek

 

"Noona, Chanyeol was suddenly brought to the hospital."

 

 

Her eyes widened when she saw the message, it was a lazy Sunday morning at the YG building. She was having a meeting, together with the other members, when the message vibrated through her back pocket.

 

She didn't even open it immediately, because she was listening intently to what the president was saying. But when it dinged for the third time, she had rolled her eyes and got her phone.

 

Only to have Dara standing up in the silent room, managing to tell a few apologies to the group and then stormed out of the room, only bringing her keys and her phone.

 

Dara was being called by the 2NE1 members as she walked the hallway to the elevator but she didn't budge a look. She was half-running for her life. And for a second, she didn't know why she was so worried, but it just felt so right that she was.

 

 

Dara was holding to her dear phone, she had asked Baekhyun to tell her what's going on but the guy only replied that Dara should come to the hospital because Chanyeol was asking for her.

 

That made her heart beat faster, thus the unexplainable speed that her Rover had gone through the way to the hospital.

 

And the moment she finally arrived in the hospital, she immediately sprinted towards Chanyeol’s room, only to find Baekhyun, together with Kai and Sehun, were right outside his room (good thing no fans knew they were at the hospital just yet). All three had their faces indifferent.


“Hey Baek, Hi guys.” Dara squeaked, barely having the voice to speak.

 

“Noona.” Baekhyun sent her a small smile.

 

“What happened?” She immediately asked.

 

 

“Well, Chanyeol is sleeping right now. A while ago, while we were in practice, I—He just suddenly fainted.” Baekhyun told.

 

“What?” Dara’s brows furrowed. Thoughts started running through Dara’s head, what happened to her happy virus? Was he sick? Was he just tired? Or was there something running through his blood that was terribly doing this to him?

 

“I-It’s the first time that Chanyeol—“ Dara was cut off when Sehun nodded frantically.

 

“The doctor says it’s not serious for now, but, he may not be able to..” Sehun’s voice cracked, as if a lump was forming in his throat, as if he couldn’t continue what he was about to say.

 

“What..” Dara’s voice turned to a whisper, she didn’t even want to hear what was next, and she was too scared to learn something she didn’t want to believe.

 

“If ever he wakes up, he might not be able to make it to his birthday.” Baekhyun dropped the bomb.

 

“WHAT?!” Dara swallowed, it was only two months until their birth month, and they’re telling him he wasn’t going to make it?! She wanted to hear them say they were wrong, and she wanted to believe that they were just joking. Her heart was breaking, bit-by-bit.

 

“Tell me this isn’t true, Baekhyun..” She held his shoulder.

 

“Noona, Chanyeol hasn’t even woken up. The doctor says it may take a few more days, it’s as if he’s in a half coma. I- I think it’s best that you just talk to him when he wakes up, okay? I—let him explain.” Baekhyun told.

 

Dara’s heart started beating loudly, could she face Chanyeol now? Was this the reason why Chanyeol didn’t want to see her? Why he suddenly cut ties with her? It was because he was leaving?

 

 

“I—How could I face him now.” Dara stomped, tears were forming in her eyes, and she blinked her eyes rapidly, hoping the tears go away but every thought of Chanyeol made them want to fall out.

 

Baekhyun pushed Dara to enter the room, saying sorry after he did, Dara entered reluctantly. The lights in Chanyeol’s room were off, and Dara didn’t bother turning them on, the small light from the window reflected through the room anyway.

 

Dara pulled a chair and sat beside Chanyeol’s bed. She looked at the guy sleeping soundly on the hospital bed.

 

“Yah, Chanyeollie~ wake up.” Dara whispered, watching as how Chanyeol’s breathing steadied. It has been a month since she last saw the guy, nothing really changed, although his hair has been styled differently today. Chanyeol was still wearing the eyeliner on his eyes; they were just about to perform when the incident happened.

 

“I don’t believe Baekhyun, do you know that? They say you won’t be waking up any time today.” Dara pouted, tears on the brink of falling.

 

“Yah, Chanyeol. You have things to explain to me. How dare you suddenly leave me?! At least Kris had the guts to even see me last week, but you, how dare you just not reply to me, not talk to me and then suddenly be sent to the hospital.” Dara complained to the sleeping Chanyeol.

 

She poked his arm, making Chanyeol flinch a bit. “You’re unfair.” A tear fell from Dara’s eye.

 

Tears eventually fell from Dara’s eyes, she didn’t want to cry, but as you know, she wasn’t the strongest girl in their group when it comes to tears. She was always the first to cry, and today wasn’t an exception.

 

She tried preventing her sobs from growing any louder, as she might wake the sleeping giant (but maybe that’s what Dara wants to do at the most – for him to just wake up).

 

She cried, her heart suffocating. She had her head bowed as tears fell towards Chanyeol’s bed side.

 

 

Until suddenly a hand enveloped hers. “Noona, stop crying.” His voice suddenly said.

 

Dara looked up, with her tear stricken face, only to get the shock of her life.


“You’re awake!” She suddenly gaped.

 

Chanyeol suddenly smiled.

 

“Yea.” Chanyeol grinned.

“How are you, ‘yeol?” Dara worriedly asked. Chanyeol could only slyly smirk. She believed it.

 

“Yah! Chanyeol-ah. How dare you?! You can’t leave! No! What about the people you’re leaving?! Don’t you know how many hearts you’re going to break?!” Dara scolded, the tears were suddenly forgotten.

 

“Okay noona, I’m not going to die anytime soon.” He was grinning from ear to ear.

“How could you say that so easily?!” Dara accidentally slapped Chanyeol’s arm in worry.

 

“Aww.” He winced.

 

Dara suddenly soothed the part she had thoughtlessly hurt, “Please tell me that what Baekhyun told me isn’t true.” Dara pleaded.

 

“Okay, It’s not true.” He easily said.

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

“What?” He laughed. “You told me to tell you it isn’t true.”

“If you’re going to die soon, you’re going to regret it, Chanyeol.” Dara’s eyes turned to slits.

 

“I know, that’s why I’m not dying any time soon, in fact, I feel really well already.” Chanyeol suddenly pulled the IV from his hand (which would hurt by the way) and then stood up, making Dara more confused that ever.

 

“What the—Chanyeol what are you doing?!”

“I’m okay now, noona. And I won’t die. Of course not until I do the thing I have to do.” He winked.

 

He was about to leave the room, leaving the confused Dara but then turned around, “Noona, thanks for worrying about me, I really liked that.” Chanyeol beamed. He then suddenly enveloped Dara into a hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter