Undoubtedly Beautiful

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A knock from the outside got EXO’s attention, all heads turned up to the sound. The door slightly opened, revealing one of the staff members of the music show.


“The emcees, kindly get ready. You’re on in five minutes.” She whispered ever so softly, only for the boys to half hear what she was announcing, she then blushed.

 

“Could you repeat that, miss?” Chanyeol, who was far off to the corner, boasted his loud voice, making the lady at the door more flustered than ever.


“I- MCs.. Ready.. 5 minutes, start.” She said the words, blushing while trying to make them obviously loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

 

Chanyeol nodded his head, and smiled to the young lady by the door, she bowed to the group and immediately flew out of the room.

 

Dara raised an eyebrow on the attitude of the staff; it was as if she had a crush on one of the boys in the room that she was too shy to even let them gaze her. She knows girls her type and Dara couldn’t help relate to the situation of the girl – Dara’s eyes unintentionally drifted to one of the boys seated in the couch in front of her, one of them had that stoic expression she had memorized. The guy, who looked like a foreigner to her, the guy who was tall, and with his red hair, was eye-catchingly scary. She was curious, it was as if there was something looming over the guy that was such a mystery to her.

 

Dara didn’t realize that she was staring at him until his dark orbs were directed towards her. He was staring right back at Dara, and by the looks of it, he wasn’t that friendly. She faked a cough, and directed her gaze towards somewhere else, Chanyeol.

 

Dara smiled as she watched Chanyeol animatedly, until the latter had stood up abruptly from his seat.

 

“Oh! Chanyeol-ah, where are you going?” Dara asked, still watching him while he fixed his lapel mic in place.

 

“Ah- Dara noona, I’m going out for a while.” He told her with his low voice, and smiled. Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed as the handkerchief he was wearing fell down. He hates that thing, it was suffocating him, but it was part of his stage costume, so he had no choice but to wear it. Chanyeol picked it up, grimacing to how much he didn’t like the accessory.

 

Dara chuckled as she stood up from her post, her sisterly instincts coming through, and went ahead to fix the black handkerchief Chanyeol was having a hard time tying to his neck. She had her hands wrap around his neck and her face dangerously close to him. Chanyeol couldn’t do anything but stare at the lady in front of him. Undoubtedly beautiful. He was smiling inside, although he was currently hard as a rock in front of her.

 

If this would happen months ago, Chanyeol would be thanking all the Gods for such a blessing, he wouldn’t get a shuteye from spazzing over it, but it was a different day today. And let’s just say he knows now it’s best to guard his heart better. Chanyeol knew better, he said the last time he’d be moving on from his (not so) little crush over Dara.. He thought everything was going well, until she came to his life again. And when she did, there was one mantra Chanyeol had – don’t expect too much. He had this quote on repeat, on his notes, on his phone, on his heart. He didn’t want to misinterpret misleading actions, and he was scared he’d fall too hard the second time around, with no one to catch him.

 

 

He wanted to push the feelings, but can you deny something that is constantly there? He had plans.. he really did, and he still has, and now, he wanted to make things straight.

 

 

Dara immediately realized her mistake when she found Chanyeol stiff as a rock, watching her do the task with his mouth wide open. She swiftly backed away, coughing loudly, trying to make the blushing in her cheeks subside. Can things get anywhere awkward between them?

 

“Thanks noona.” Chanyeol beamed, as he gave her two thumbs up. The EXO boys looked at the couple in awe, wondering if they were naturally that close or were they hiding something from them?

 

Kris, being one of the close friends of Chanyeol made a mental note to scold the guy.

 

Chanyeol coughed, “Anyway, noona, I need to do MC duties for a while. You’re going to be fine here right?” Chanyeol worriedly asked, as much as he did not want to leave his Dara noona, he had work to do.

 

“Eh? You’re leaving me?!” Dara pouted halfway, until she realized she was being a total baby in front of not only Chanyeol, but the whole of EXO.

 

Chanyeol can’t help but smile, he was feeling giddy inside, Noona, why are you so cute?

 

 

“Would you miss him too much?” Chen butted in, making both Chanyeol and Dara flustered.

 

“Wha—HAHA Chen-ssi.. You’re SO funny!” Chanyeol said loudly, while spanking Chen playfully. He grinned at Dara while Dara stared at the two blankly.

 

 

“I can accompany noona.” Sehun raised his hand and smiled brightly. Dara smiled, at least she could hang out with the maknae.

 

“But, Sehun-ah, you’re an MC too.” Chanyeol said.

 

“What?” Sehun scratched his head, not believing, looked at the other members and they all nodded at him. Sehun then swiftly ran outside to check the master’s list of the performances and hosts.

 

Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“I’m leaving now.” Chanyeol said, but like a puppy being left alone, Dara had her eyes pleading. She didn’t know anyone in the room except for Chanyeol, and she was awkward to first meetings. Should she come with Chanyeol? Should she come back to MBLAQ’s room? Aisshh.. She was confused.

 

“Lu—“ Chanyeol stopped when he saw Luhan busy with his cube. His eyes roamed around and stopped to a guy right in front of him, beaming as he raised his hand.

 

“Che—Never mind not you.” CHanyeol pushed Chen away from Dara.

 

“ss. Why!?” Chen complained.

 

“You know why.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter