Drawing Memories

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 You keep wondering if you're what I'm wanting, you don't even have to try
Ain't nobody in the world but you and I

 

{a/n} Warning: Greasiness overload ahead!

 

“Breathe in, breathe out. Relax, buddy, you’re going to do fine.” Dara talks to the lady in the mirror.

 

It was a few days after they have become official, and a few days to Christmas when Chanyeol had invited Dara for dinner after their schedules, it would be their first official “date” date, and Dara does not understand what is with the sudden nervousness she is currently feeling.

 

 

What was making her nervous? What was making her scared? All because they’re going to have their firsts’ today. First date, first real skinship, first official kiss..

“It’s going to be the same, we’re just going to eat dinner like old times, talk like old times, only now, Chanyeol isn’t just your friend, right? He’s your boyfrie—Aigoo!” Dara shakes her head, she couldn’t seem to say it word per word. Chanyeol. Is. My. Boyfriend. How could it not sink in to her? Maybe because she’s finally admitting it to herself this time that he is hers now.

 

Dara dresses up usually today, not trying to make it obvious that today is extra special for her, she wears a cream colored button up polo, with her black skinny jeans. She pulls her hair down, flowing in waves.

 

They meet up in a quiet restaurant by the South, with Dara being sent by her manager to the store instead of bringing her own car. Chanyeol is dropped there after his schedule as well.

 

 

The first time that Dara sees Chanyeol in the secluded restaurant, her eyes glitter. She watches how he moved closer and closer to her, he was wearing a black polo, with a gray sling tie that matches Dara’s heels. And when Chanyeol smiles her that charming smile he owns, Dara wants to hug him right there and then, he was someone totally worth swooning over.

 

“Hi.” Chanyeol smiles, and then he skillfully hands the bouquet of roses he was holding on his left arm.

 

“Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl.” He says, as if the line isn’t used overrated enough.

 

“Thank you.” Dara picks up; she could never hate roses, since it’s her favorite flower. “I know you like roses.” Chanyeol adds all of the sudden.

 

Dara’s head tilts to the right, “I don’t remember telling you about that .”

 

“I’ve heard you quote the little prince before.” Chanyeol beams.

 

“Ah—that.” Dara awkwardly starts to spiel about her favorite quote, it wasn’t from The Little Prince, it was from a Korean quote.

 

“I don’t know if you heard of this line before, ‘Roses don’t bloom beautifully. Roses try their hardest to stay blooming, and that’s why they’re beautiful.’” Dara recites, ever so memorized.

 

“And that’s your favorite quote?” Chanyeol asks, Dara nods immediately.

 

“Ever since I’ve read it, I fell in love.”

 

Chanyeol nods in understanding, “And, noona, I exactly know why you love it so much. Because it speaks about you. You’re the rose; you’re the rose that is a growing piece of art, someone that is blooming little by little, and stays blooming. And now, you’re my rose.”

 

Dara blushes at Chanyeol’s sweet words, “I don’t know how I’ll be every time you tell me such words, Chanyeol.” She admits. “I think I wouldn’t be able to survive everyday if you’re always making my heart race.”

 

Chanyeol laughs, “You chose me, noona. So you have to get used to it, since what I tell you is all true anyway.”

 

 

They sit in the corner of the restaurant, right by the piano. Dara requests for him to play a piece, but Chanyeol is to shy to do so, knowing that they weren’t the only couple in the place. Everyone would definitely know they’re together if he plays. They eat casually, with Chanyeol teasing Dara, “Say aah~” he says, as he gives a piece of meat to Dara, although she doesn’t open . In turn, Dara shoves her chicken and lettuce to Chanyeol’s mouth, as he talks, even chuckling as she does so.

 

 

“I have been meaning to ask you a lot of things, Chanyeol.” Dara says as they share a cup of ice cream.

 

“Hm? Like what? Shoot me, noona.”

 

“Hmm.. Like, what made you like me? What made you do that project thing? And what you think of our age difference. Why didn’t you give up the first time? And I was also wondering if what if I didn’t choose you, what would have you done? I have a lot in mind, I told you.” She rattles on, thinking of the other things she had always wanted to ask.

 

“A lot of things.” Chanyeol suddenly butts.

 

“What?” Dara asks again, confused.

 

“You’re asking me what I like about you. A lot of things. Like your smile, your laugh, your eyes, the way you look when you’re obviously nervous, the way you say my name, I love everything about you.”

 

“What made me do the project Dara was because of my drive to actually, love you, and you, to love me too. You know how kids are these days, when they want to do something all of a sudden; they go all the way to do it. And No, I don’t care about the age difference, when had age been an issue about love?” Dara only listens attentively to what he has to say; at least he was answering all her queries.

 

“What was next? Why I never gave up? Why would I give up, when you’re the only one I wanted. I’d be a masochist for you, noona.” Chanyeol laughs.

 

“And your last question, what would I have done if it wasn’t me? Anything, for as long as I wouldn’t stop. I’d do anything, because I wanted to be with you.” Chanyeol honestly says, he actually didn’t know what he would do if she had said no. Because he

 

“You wanted to be with me? That bad? Even with all the controversies and all the issues I have?” Dara asked, breaking her silence all the sudden.

 

Chanyeol nods proudly, “Even with them. Although I may not be able to promise to make them go away.”

 

“Wow, thank you. Really. You stuck with me with my issues, you were there, this time I would be by your side too.” Dara tells Chanyeol.

 

 

Silence fills them up, when Dara hesitantly wonders about her last question she has been dying to ask. A question she had always had in mind right from the start, she battles with her mind for a while, before she decidedly asks the question, too.

 

“Why me?” She mutters quietly.

 

Chanyeol looks to Dara the moment she had asked such a question.

 

“Because it’s you. It’s Sandara. I don’t need to have a reason to love you. Simple because it’s you whom this heart beats for.” Chanyeol cheekily smiled, he was the master of words, alright.

 

“Ahh, Chanyeol, I told you, stop with the words!” Dara embarrassedly hides her face.

 

“Are you Chanyeol that I’d really decided to date? The Chanyeol that could vocally make me feel like goo.”

 

“C’mon, noona. I’ve waited long to say those words to you, and they’re all true as well.”

 

Dara clicks her tongue, “Next time, I would be the one to tell those greasy words, and let’s see what your reaction would be.” She kids.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes suddenly widen, and he moves closer to Dara, “Could you tell me?” He promptly whispers.

 

“Tell you what?”

 

He innocently smiles, “Tell me you love me.”

 

Dara smiles back at his abrupt demand, but gives in, “I love you, Chanyeol.”

~~~

“Chanyeol.” Dara calls on his name right before she gets dropped off her dorm. EXO’s manager has fetched them an hour after dinner (since it was getting late and they had early schedules tomorrow).

 

“Do they know?” She asks.

 

“I’ve told Baekhyun.” He shrugs, and Dara isn’t shocked with this, of course he would tell his best friend. “I’ve told Chaerin about us, too. But the other two have no idea.”

 

 

Dara gulps. “What would you do if people found out about us? You do know that it may, or actually it would, ruin both our careers.”

 

“I mean, if we’re hiding it from our members, still. They would get mad if it breaks out. And if the press finds out, it may ruin EXO’s name as well.”

 

“Let’s tell the members, I would gather a meeting later, I think they wouldn’t be shocked with the news anyway. And if you’re worried for the fans, I’m going to defend you from our fans.” Chanyeol retorts immediately.

 

“But you know what people would say, you’re too early in your career to date, and someone like me as well. And Chanyeol, they’re fans. They’re our priorities as idols.” Dara was now whispering.

 

“But we wouldn’t get caught, the press knows that we’re close to each other already. As long as there are no PDA’s then I think we’re going to do fine.” Chanyeol defends.

 

“Are you scared?” Chanyeol adds, questioning.

 

“A little.” Dara admits.

 

“But it’s going to be fine, don’t worry.” Chanyeol kisses Dara’s cheek, before the latter bids him a good bye and leaves the car.

 

 

0116

“Happy first monthsary to us, Chanyeol! Wow, time flies by so fast, am I right, yeollieboo? It only feels yesterday when we told every one of our m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter