Single Rose

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chanyeol + Krystal - first meeting" Chanyeol's phone lit up as it vibrated, it was his reminder for the morning.

 

"Ahh, that's right." He groggily said as he rubbed his eyes and then combed his hair. Chanyeol stood up, and then got ready for his shoot in two hours. Although he didn’t like the idea of being in WGM at first, it was finally working out for him. It would be good ground for practice, in the future, when he dates for real. And any blessing is still a blessing, right? It would always be a learning experience, so he knew that the project was for him, and therefore he must give his hundred percent effort.

 

Chanyeol had met Krystal a few days before their first shooting. The director was really glad when he saw both and complimented that they look good together. The director had told the couple about the master plan for the whole duration of their "relationship" which would only consist of six meetings, and would be shoot every Tuesday. They'd act like each other's first love, and they wouldn't be married but be as of in a courting and getting to know stage. They would be told of the events to happen and the things they'd do, so everything would already be pre-planned.

 

Chanyeol was familiar with Krystal, being in the same company as his sunbae, he had met her a few times before. Although f(x), with the exception of Amber, barely interacts with EXO, he had met her in the company a few times and interacted with her. 

Chanyeol had his hair styled up, and was wearing a buttoned up denim polo tucked in to his black jeans. 

The director had signaled him to head straight to the park as he would wait for Krystal there, but he decides to pick up flowers before he goes to meet her. Chanyeol was followed by his set of cameramen as he picked up one flower. A thought comes to mind as he wondered when was the last time he actually bought flowers for a girl (aside from his mom), and realizes that it was actually never. 

When he was a kid, he coudn't even buy decent roses for the girl he fancies, so you could ssy that it was really Chanyeol's first time; he couldn't even remember when was the last time he went on a date, too -- ever since he entered SM, he never dated for real anymore.

And Chanyeol couldn't remember the last time he went all out for a girl. The only girl he could think of at that moment was Dara; and yet he knew that he wasn't giving everything out, maybe not just yet.

Chanyeol suddenly smiles, the camera noticing the grin forming in his face. Chanyeol can't help not think of her at the moment. Maybe he could give flowers to Dara someday, too. 

He waved to the camera, "Pretty right?" He asks as he held on to the red rose on hand.  

It reminded Chanyeol of her, although she was simple, she could stand alone by herself. No thing could go wrong with a rose. 


He takes a photograph of the pretty flower, and sends it to Dara via Kakaotalk, which is immediately seen by the latter. Dara sends him a sticker of an excited face and given him a thumbs up as well. 

 

Chanyeol waited anxiously for Krystal, he can't help but be nervous and excited at the same time. It feels like he'd be actually meeting her for the first time. It feels brand new, and the weather is also a factor to making Chanyeol’s heart flutter as well.

A van parked by the bay, and that was Chanyeol’s sign that Krystal had arrived. His palms were sweating and when the door opened, his heart immediately stopped beating. Krystal went down the van, the sun shining on her hair, and then her gaze went to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol gave Krystal a smile and then shyly went to her.

 

“H-hi” Chanyeol stutters.

“Hi.” Krystal smiles, her dress moving through the wind thus making her shiver a bit.

“A-are you cold?” Chanyeol asks courteously.

“Just a bit.” Krystal says shyly. Chanyeol had chivalrously removed his jacket and placed in on Krystal’s shoulders.

"Ah, this is for you, by the way." Chanyeol almost forgets to give Krystal the flower. Krystal awkwardly holds on to the rose.


Their first date went on for hours as the staffs have given the couple gift certificates for a café, and Chanyeol and Krystal took that time to get to know each other. The director had told them that they should act as natural as they could, and try to loosen up. Chanyeol made it a point to always try to make Krystal laugh and Krystal eventually talked a lot too. Chanyeol told her how she was really pretty ever since their trainee days, and being his sunbae, he respects her a lot.

 

“We should have something to call each other Chanyeol-ssi.” Krystal suggests.

“What do you mean?”

“Like a couple name.”

“Cou..ple name?” Chanyeol asks, and Krystal nods.

 

“If you don’t want then it’s also fine with me.”

“Oppa, if you’re not comfortable we could.." Chanyeol looks at one of the head staff and he sees him try to signal him to talk it through.

“I think that’s a great idea.” Chanyeol suddenly smiles.

“Oh?" Krystal beams.

 

"What do you think we should call each other?” Krystal charmingly asks.

“Yeobo? Jagi? Aegi?” She adds.

Chanyeol tilts his head, could he call Krystal one of those names? “Actually the only thing that I’d be content right now is if you’d call me oppa.”

 

“Oppa?” “Chanyeol oppa?”

“Nae.” Chanyeol smiles, and for a second, he didn’t know why his heart was wavering. He didn’t like Krystal that way, he knew. But there was something by the way she called him oppa that made his heart beat faster.

Their shooting was continued, up until Chanyeol had sent Krystal back to their dormitory. He said goodbye, not forgetting to exchange numbers for they might need it in the future. Krystal bid him farewell, and then she entered their building. As soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter