Drabble #10 - 2min/fluff

Kat's Drabble Collection

"Taemin!" Minho called as he searched for his boyfriend.  "Taemin, where are you?"  He heard a small splash and smirked.  Trying to hide, eh?  Not well enough.  He walked around to the edge of the swimming pool.  "Taeminnie?  You know I'll find you sooner or later."  He watched as bubbles rose to the surface of the water.  His lung capacity is good, but even so he can only hold his breath for so long.  Minho folded his arms and waited.

A few moments later, Taemin's head broke the surface of the water, and the boy came up gasping for air.  He rubbed the water out of his eyes and grinned up at his boyfriend sheepishly.  "Hyung!  You found me!"

Minho chuckled.  "Of course I did.  Do you really think you can hide from me for long?"

Taemin touched his index finger to his chin and hummed, pretending to think about it.  Then he shook his head.  "Nope!  I guess not."  He s his arms around Minho's legs and gazed up at him slyly.  "You gonna join me or do I have to pull you in?"

Minho stripped off his shirt and pried Taemin's arms from his legs.  Then he jumped in, splashing as large an area as he possibly could.  As soon as Minho's head came back above the surface, Taemin pounced on him, wrapping his arms around his neck.  They shared a soft kiss, and then Taemin hugged the taller boy lovingly, resting his head sideways on Minho's bare chest so that his ear was placed directly over his boyfriend's heart.

Taemin sighed contentedly.  "Your heartbeat is so steady.  It makes me feel safe."

Minho smiled and placed a soft kiss on the younger boy's forehead.  The two boys floated in that comfortable position for several minutes, surrounded by complete silence save for their heartbeats, their breathing, and the occasional swooshing or splashing sounds of the water.  The older boy could tell that something was on Taemin's mind, but he didn't pry.  He knew Taemin was about to tell him anyway.

"Hyung," Taemin said finally, not lifting his head.  Minho hummed in response to acknowledge him, so he continued.  "Can we go buy something?"

"That depends.  What do you want to buy?"

Taemin picked up his head and smiled at Minho.  "Fishes."

"Fishes?" Minho asked curiously.  "Why all of a sudden?"

The maknae pouted.  "Why not?  I like fishes."  He let go of Minho and slipped underwater.  Attempting to imitate the movement of a fish, he wriggled his body and swam in a circle around Minho's legs before resurfacing.

Minho wrapped his arms around Taemin's waist.  "I like my fish."

"You have a fish?" Taemin asked cluelessly.

Minho chuckled.  He pecked Taemin's nose.  "You, silly."

"Oh..."  Taemin pecked Minho's lips.  "So is that a yes?" he asked hopefully.

The older boy smiled.  "Sure."

 

Taemin prodded the glass with his finger as he gazed intently at the fishes swimming back and forth past his eyes.  His fascination with the creatures was quite cute, and Minho thought that if it continued much longer, he might have a moment of extreme weakness and buy all the fish in Seoul.  "Taeminnie."

"Hm?" Taemin hummed, not removing his eyes from the fish in the tank.

"Have you decided which kind of fish you want?"

The boy nodded and pointed to a fish just exiting a small tunnel inside the tank.  The fish was bright orange with white stripes, and it had several thin black lines along the edges of the stripes.

"Oh, the clownfish?" the saleswoman noted cheerfully.  "How many do you want?"  She prepared to fetch as many fish as requested from the tank.

"Hyung, look!  There's another fish swimming along with that one," Taemin pointed out.  "Oh, and a baby one too!"  He turned away from the tank, finally tearing his excited gaze from the fishes, and beamed at Minho.  "Can we get all three?" he begged, clasping his hands together and cutely resting his chin on them.

"Three?"  Minho hesitated.

Taemin pouted.  "Hyung, they're like a family!  You wouldn't want to tear apart a family.  You wouldn't do that, right hyung?"

Minho frowned slightly.  He knew he was being played, but his boyfriend was too cute.  How could he ever say no?  "Sure."  Taemin cheered and hugged Minho tightly.  "Ahjumma, please retrieve those three clownfish for us."

They payed and left the shop, Taemin carrying the fish and Minho carrying the fishbowl and food they had purchased.

"We should name them!"  Taemin gazed at the three fish dreamily.  "Clownfish...hm..."

"Did you ever see the movie Finding Nemo?" Minho asked.

Taemin nodded.

"That's what they remind me of.  The baby was Nemo, the dad Marlin, and the mom...what was the mom's name?"

"Coral!" Taemin remembered.  "Hyung, let's name them after the Nemo family!"

Minho chuckled.  "Are you sure?  Once you name them you can't change your mind.  You'll confuse them."

Taemin nodded.  "I'm sure!"

"It's settled then."  The younger boy suddenly stopped walking.  When Minho realized it, he halted and turned around to see Taemin gazing lovingly at him, his eyes filled with emotion.  "Minnie?  What's wrong?"

The maknae shook his head and hurried to catch up.  He leaned up to place a sweet kiss on Minho's cheek.  "Thank you, hyung."

"For what?"

Taemin hooked his arm with Minho's and leaned his head on the taller boy's shoulder.  "For always being here with me."  Smiling, he mumbled, "We're like the fishes."

Just like the fishes, no one would dare to separate them.  Just like the fishes, they would be together forever.


A/N - I feel like the ending is crap 'cause it's really not much of an ending, but I couldn't really figure out how to end this...

This one was requested by Valerie. ♥

EDIT: By the way, 'fishes' is in fact a proper plural form of 'fish'.  Both 'fish' and 'fishes' are correct, and as you can see I used both.  I don't know why I did that, but I did.  Erm...just wanted to add this here so nobody thinks I'm stupid. ^^