Chapter 1

It was you all along......

Flashback

(It is a cold, rainy Friday night. Mr. and Mrs. Lu are right in front of Seoul Orphanage while each are holding onto sleeping Luhan and Grace)

"Honey, do we really have to do this? I can't do this, let's just save up more money and we can keep the both of them."

"You know that even if we save up more, we would be starving the both of them and we don't want to do that do we?"

"No.... I want my kids to be healthy and not go through any hardships like us."

"It's not just hard for you, it's hard for me too but we have to think of their future and what's best for them.  We have to send Grace to the orphanage where she can meet better parents who will take good care of her. We will keep Luhan because he already has a memory of us and is two years old while Grace is not even one yet."

(long silence)

"I guess it is for the best......Can I hug her just one more time?"

"No problem, honey. Take all the time you need."

Mrs. Lu gently cradles Grace in her arms and gives her one last hug and kiss. The baby wakes up and stares at the woman with big deer like eyes not knowing what's going to happen to her.

"I can't look at her anymore, just take her away."  

Mrs. Lu hands over Grace to Mr. Lu while Mrs. Lu is silently sobbing with sleeping Luhan in her arms.

"Dear my beautiful daughter Grace, mom and I are very sorry that this the only thing we can do for you. We hope that you have the best parents, at least better than us..... We love you and you will always be with us, even if we won't be seeing each other. I love you." 

Mr. Lu puts a bracelet on Grace's wrist, kisses her on the forehead and gently puts her down on the floor.

"Will we ever be able to meet again in the future. I hope so and  I hope to see you all grown and happy."

Mr. Lu presses the bell and runs away with Mrs. Lu before the door opens. A middle-aged woman steps out to see nobody until she looks down and sees a baby.

"Oh dear, who left this poor baby out in the cold...."

The lady lifts the baby up and tries to look for the parents but fails to find them....

"Don't you worry child, here you will be fed properly, have good shelter and will be the right kid for the right couple."

The lady brings the child in the orphanage where not too long, the next day, she eventually finds a new home with Korean parents and they move to the US.