Tell me why

Missing you

You better watch your back you ing jap.

 

Walking down the hallways it was hard to ignore the cold stares given by her female classmates who were fed lies by her. Ave wasn't the nicest girl. From the beginning Ave has never liked Yuri, maybe since she's half Japanese? Who knows.

Niel on the other hand kept thinking about Yuri. Should he say something today? When and how? During class or after school? All he could do was wait til after school.

Yuri's day was okay if you removed the cold stares and the pushing and shoving. The dropping of books, the dirty notes written and placed in her locker. Now this wasn't really what she wanted, but who would? Oh well at least the day is almost over. Teen Top, mostly just Ricky, Changjo, Chunji and L.Joe talked to her throughout the day, which of course didn't make the fan girls happy not a bit. All she needs is one more class. The advanced dancing class with Mrs Park. As usual she sat in the front. The boys sat in the back.

"So I would like duets for a test on your singing. We will be meeting in the auditorium tomorrow. I will be assigning you songs unless you give me a song you like, then I would just have to approve it. Any questions?" Mrs Park asked.

"How many in a group?" one of the girls asked.

"It's a duet. So only two per group." Mrs Park stated. Niel looked up at that statement.

"Can we pick our partners?" Niel asked without thinking. The rest of the class soon turned their attention to Niel, especially the girls who are wondering why is he so curious about that.

"I will be picking out the partners." Mrs. Park answered. "Now keep in mind the songs I assign with all be love songs. They're nice, add emotion and bring out the good in your voices. Now I'll start calling out partners. You can change them if you want to but it must be approved by me. Mrs. Park stated then walked back to her desk to grab her list. She read a group then continued with the others. After she finished every one was pretty pleased with the partner they were assigned with except for one.

"Teacher," Niel spoke.

"Yes?" She answered.

"I want Yuri to be my partner." he stated. Chunji and the rest looked at Niel, surprised he was so bold like that, but the class had the same reaction. Yuri didn't dare look up from her book.

'What is he thinking? Is he an Idoit?' Yuri kept thinking. Especially for this project of all projects wants to partner up with her.

'Out if all the things... Couldn't he just talk to her in private?!' Yuri thought angrily. 'But I'm not approving this or anything. Not at all--'

"Yuri," Mrs. Park called.

"Yes?" Yuri answered.

"Very well, I'll approve the partner change." Mrs. Park smiled.

"What?" Yuri looked confused. 'Oh crap...' she thought as she noticed that Mrs. Park asked her and she....ugh....

"Now I'll change the song for you two, it'll be Different by TaeYeon ft Kim Bum Soo." she handed Yuri the song lyrics. "For the rest of the class pair up and get the lyrics. As usual I expect more than just singing. That's all." Mrs. Park then went back to her desk.

"Niel," Chunji elbowed him. "What gives man?" He asked confused.

"Aw but I really wanted to be paired with Oppa," Niel's ex-partner complained to him.

"Sorry, but I really wanted to be partnered with Yuri." Niel apologized.

"But she's---"The girl began.

"She's what" Niel asked defensively.

"She's cursed Oppa." the girl whispered.

"How?" Niel asked. "I don't know, it's just things break when their near her, things fall all the time. I've even seen the Window break. She might be a witch or something." the girl explained.

"That's silly." Niel rolled his eyes.That never happened when I was with her." Niel shook his head.

"With her?" she asked.

"Like out of class or in the hallway and I bumped into her." Niel explained.

"Oh." The girl nodded.

"It was nice talking to you," Niel smiled and stood up.

"Hey Niel!" Chunji pulled him over. The other girl turned over back to her current partner. "What are you doing?"

"I'm... Being an idoit." He smiled. Chunji snickered and rolled his eyes.

"When you are one. Careful with the fan girls man. They can be scary." he warned. Niel rolled his eyes.

"Alright." Niel grabbed his things then looked over to Yuri and then softly smiled. He then made his way over, biting his lip. His heart beating loudly, nervousness, and excitement filled him up swirling with one another. Once he got over he smiled, " Hey Yuri." he spoke softly, almost whispering but his tone was nothing but affectionate.

"Oh hello...." Yuri replied, almost sad. How is she supposed to do this song with him. She skimmed the lyrics and she had to sing it with him. It is too much for her heart. Once more she must become mean, to drive him away. Thinking about the break up, it was made pretty clear. She called him boring. She said the relationship was tiring. She thought she was believable. She thought it would have ended possibility one of t

he greatest things that has happened to her. Maybe he saw through her lies? That it was hurting her just as much as it was hurting him. Looking in his eyes is something she won't allow herself to do. Looking in to his eyes, how can she lie to him?

Niel placed his things down and sat across from her. He, as happy as he is being near her once more, is still feeling what he had before. Why did she break up with him? Why so sudden? The scene from last week just plays and plays again in his head.

"So do you know the song Yuri?" he asked as he pulled out his copy of the sheet music.

"Nope. How about you?" she asked just looking at her music sheet.

"Nope... I'll look it up." Niel said as he pulled his phone out and looked on the Internet for it. As he searched for it he apologized for his phone loading slowly.

"Yuri." Niel hesitated.

"Yeah?" She answered not looking at him. Niel still on his phone seeking glances at her.

"So what is it the real reason you broke up with me?" he asked quietly. At this Yuri tensed up and Niel definitely noticed he pressed on something sensitive. It still bothers her to some degree he just doesn't know which.

"I told you." Yuri stated just staring at her sheet music, not even reading it anymore. "I was tired of everything and you're boring."

Niel looked at her.

"Tired of what? We can always change it up." Niel suggested

"Tired of you." Yuri answered. "You aren't really that good looking or anything. You're bland. It's annoying how you can't let go and just forget like this never happened."

"Those aren't your reasons. Tell me the truth." Niel frowned still looking right at him.

"I just did." Yuri answered.

"Then why won't you look me in the eye." he asked. Then tension between them seemd to risen. If it was something Niel knew it was Yuri couldn't lie while looking him right in the eyes. She just couldn't.

"Because I can't." She looked at him then back to her the music. On the other side of the class room. L.Joe nudged Chunji's side.

"What do you think they're talking about?" L.Joe asked.

"Something not about class." Chunji answered.

"Obviously." L.Joe answered rolling his eyes. He looked back over to the couple then grabbed Chunji's attention. "Look." L.Joe indicated the couple. All they saw was Niel grab Yuri's hand and from their view, he had a serious look as he looked at Yuri.

"Then tell me something you can." he looked right in to her eyes. Yuri looked at him then back down. She hesitated in saying anything but...

"I..." Yuri slowly said drawing her attention to Niel. "Miss." she looked him in the eyes

"You." and sadly smiled. "Now how about this song? Did it load yet?" she asked changing the subject.

"Ah..." Niel let go. "It did." he nodded as he pressed the video to play. Both of them listened to the song in silence, following with the sheet music.

"We would pull this off," Niel commented at the end.

"I suppose." Yuri replied.

"So where are we going to practice?" Niel asked looking back up.

"Anywhere is fine." Yuri looked to the side.

"ah..." Niel mumbled. "Then come over to my place after school. It's for a class project so we can walk together." Niel smiled. "Right?"

"I guess...." Yuri added with a slight nodd of the head.

"Alright." Niel smiled. "Well since you're coming over, what would you like to eat?" he asked.

"Anything is fine," Yuri replied quickly.

"Hm..." Niel frowned. "How about some Ramen? We could stop by the store and buy some sweet dumplings." Niel suggested playing to Yuri's weak spot. Yuri hesitated in answering.

"Well... Yeah, could stop by the store." Yuri gave in.

"Good," Niel smiled.

 

***

 

"Now aren't you glad we stopped by?" Niel asked as he carried the bag. Yuri was next to him with some sticks of Dongo sticks in her hand.

"Maybe," Yuri replied as she took a bit. Niel looked over and chuckled.

"You are, now stop hogging all the sweets." Niel complained as they continued walking.

"I am not." Yuri frowned and handed him a stick. "Now, how are we going to work out the duet for class?"

"Well I sing one part and I sing the other part." he answered.

"That's not what I meant." Yuri rolled her eyes. "Outfit wise I mean."

"Ooh.... I dunno... Anything is fine with me." Niel smiled. "What do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking of keeping our school uniforms on, or using a different part of uniforms to give it that school look." Yuri answered.

"Like how you and Changjo came matching." he looked over.

"Something like that." Yuri answered and soon they arrived at Niel's house. He opened the door and greeted. "Welcome to my house." Yuri nodded slightly and replied.

"Pardon the intrusion."

"It's fine!" Niel shrugged it off and urged her in the house. Looking around he didn't see anyone he knew or that she did. I guess that being seen axienty hasn't faded away just yet. "Make yourself at home." he locked the door as usual then patted the couch.

"Alright. ..." Yuri sat quietly on the couch, Niel on the other hand made his way right into the kitchen to place their stuff away.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Niel asked while still in the kitchen. "Never mind." He soon added. Instead he just brought back two glasses of water, might as well. They are going to sing. He handed her a glass and placed his on the coffee table. Looking over to Yuri he has a serious expression, and it wasn't about the music

"So where do you want to start?" he asked as he sat next to her.

"Hm, from the beginning is fine." she answered as she went through her school bag.

"That's not what I'm talking about." he replied. Upon hearing that Yuri's grip on her folder tightened, her breathing stopped for a second and slowly raised her head to look at Niel. Big Mistake. They locked eyes and neither moved then Niel spoke again.

"I know you still love me, so why?" he whispered the last part. Still eye locked, Yuri tried to say something but instead her lips felt abnormally dry. She melted in his eyes, she wanted to say the truth yet it is too late. If she just had told him from the start but now it's too late. If she told him the truth now would it really help them out? But wouldn't it proof to Niel that an obstacle such as that wasn't able to become clear yet instead the break of their relationship. He probably thought they were stronger than that. It's too late. What would change? Nothing.

"I have to go," Yuri let go of her folder and looked away from Niel who did not agree with her decision. Her bag was soon thrown to the floor with the inside contents somewhat scattered and she found herself pinned to the couch, Niel hovering over her.

"You're not leaving until you give me an answer and stop avoiding me." he looked down at her.

"You're boring." she turned her head to the side.

"I don't believe you." he stated.

"Then what do you want from me?" she stared away from Niel on to some random object.

"I want the truth Yuri." Niel answered. "I want to hear it from you." he spoke sincerely. His grip on Yuri's wrists were strong but not to the point where it would hurt her. If she wanted to really leave she could resist but she didn't. The beat of her heart felt like it could just burse out of her chest with the speed it's going.

"I.." she began and looked up but felt dry and couldn't say a thing.

"Yes?" Niel answered. "I'll wait." he stated. "I love you, didn't I tell you that enough?" he stated sweetly. Crack. Yuri teared up. That mask she struggled to keep on began to shatter and slipped off her face as her vision began to blur immensely.

"I," she struggled to speak. Niel immediately let go, releasing her hands and sitting next to her. Yuri's hands then went over and covered her face as nothing but tears came out. Without a word Niel pulled her over besides him and embraced her. Tears just kept falling and falling, gently Niel's hand rubbed her back in an attempt to get her to calm down. As if breaking in two Niel held her with an intention of never letting her go again. Carelessly he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Yuri," he spoke quietly. He waited for her tears to die down a bit then pulled her back so he could have a good look at her. Moving both his palms to cup her cheeks he wiped off a couple tears. "Why are you crying?" he asked placing his forehead on hers.

"I.. I don't know." She stuttered as she still cried just not as bad as before.

"Tell me," he looked at her lovingly and smiled with such a innocent face.

"I... I can't," she told him and herself. She'll be hated, by him, by everyone at school, yet at this point she felt as if she went too far and now can't get out. That mask broke off too late and the damage has been done.

"Yes you can." he replied. "I'm right here, nothing you say can change my feelings about you." he ensured her.

"I don't know about that," she answered with a tone of sadness.

"I promise you." Niel states with a serious expresssion, both of still looking in the other's eyes. "If not you can get your class to beat me up." Yuri chuckled. Niel smiled. "Right?" he asked. Yuri has a class she taught at a nearby karate place about 30 minutes or so away from there. Niel has no idea what belt she is but she taughtassist es a couple classes.

"I guess," Yuri nodded a bit.

"Good," Niel replied and pecked her lips softly, causing her to instantly turn pink at the face completely unaware that was going to happen. "We've done worse, and you still act like this." he laughed as he let of her. Yuri just wiped her face then rolled her eyes at him.

"So whenever you wanna tell me, I'll be right here." Niel went on his back and placed his head on her lap with his legs at the end of the couch hanging. He looked up and smiled. "So whenever you're ready." he closed his eyes and waited. Yuri softly smiled but still wondered whether she should or not. If she did would it really resolve anything. 'Niel.' she thought. Niel reacted the same way as she did at the break up and look at him now. He mustered up the courage to do something and he took the step forward to fix what happened. He didn't just avoid her and act as if nothing happened. If he could do this, why couldn't she? He probably had his share of tears but he overcame all of that. So why is it she, she couldn't. Is it that she was so weak, she couldn't do anything.

Yuri sighed. "We weren't as sneaky as we thought." she spoke which immediately took Niel's attention. "Someone found out." she stated. "Ave did."

 

 

 

Yeah...  after I finished chapter 4 I got really into this lol so I decided to do the next chapter, my feeeelllsss when I wrote this, I didn't know where I wanted to go with this lol Oh well, now I'm working on a sweet love story ;) or at least when I can byeeeeeee