Chapter 1

Forcing the pain.

-No one's POV-

It was a shiny day and Jenny left her house in a good mood. She was surprised herself for being in a good mood. This happened so rarely, but it was maybe cause by the day before, when she kissed the other girl, when she finally did something, instead of observing her quietly. She was in a good mood, but didn't smile. Everything happened in the interior. She, then, of course felt something, but it was normal, it was Naeun. She happily and funnily took some flowers which were dangling from a tree above her. She  was about to smell them, even if since she was small she found it ridiculous to smell flowers, but her good mood at that moment made her do anything strange, but before she could do anything, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned herself and saw that guy she hated so much. Luhan.

They stared at each other, making an eyes-to-eyes once again, full of hate, saying nothing. It happened often, when they met. The girl had to go to school as well as Luhan, and plus, they went to the same school, but when they hated, they didn't see time passing by. Jenny, who was the one who could control her feelings the most, could finally come back to reality, after being lost in her thoughts about how much the man in front of her made her body being fill with hate. "Park. Midnight." Were the only words she managed to say. She then left and went towards school. She knew Luhan was going to the same school as her, but it was impossible that he was following her. He hated her as much as she hated him.

Her left hand burned. She felt it a lot when she walked. She knew that feeling, and she knew why her left hand burned. It didn't have fire on it, but it burned in its interior. It hurted, but she was used to that feeling. It happened, maybe not so often, but not to rarely either. When she finished school, she could only barely feel her left her. "Stop burning of anger." She said to her almost dead hand. Fortunately she wrote with her right hand, so her burning hand wasn't bother her too much during school. She didn't come back home. She didn't went home often, only to sleep. She had no parents, and no siblings in her house, she was alone. She was only rarely hungry, why would she come back home, then? The only thing she did every day, was to jump from roof to roof, for a certain reason.

When midnight finally arrived, the wind suddenly blew harder. Her hairs were flying. She walked towards the park, and saw Luhan and his band walking towards the park as well. He and his band were 11, but she didn't care. 10 of them were humans. "What do you want?" Luhan asked, shouting, because he and his band didn't want to approach the girl, neither did the girl. The girl grinned slightly, which was the only expression she was able to make. It was a stupid question, because she knew Luhan knew the reason why she made him go to that park. How Jenny hated when Luhan did that ? But, how Jenny hated Luhan ? They continued to stare at each other, it was a sort of a habit when they met.

"Let her alone." She just said. Luhan laughed mockingly, looking in another way. He knew she would say that. Jenny knew as well. It was like a movie they already watched. They just knew each other so well, and they knew each other's life, and ambition so well. But there was a big thing in Jenny's life that Luhan didn't know. And Luhan didn't know that.

"Psst." Luhan ended up making a noise, that he knew would annoy Jenny. "If that's the only thing you wanted to say.." Jenny couldn't let him finish, she knew what he was about to say anyway, and rushed on him to attack the boy. She often attacked him that way, not wanting to kill him, but just wanting to shut him up, or others. She took Luhan's back and punched him, making him down. At that moment, the band separated. They knew they couldn't do anything in front of her. Luhan had told them. But Luhan hadn't told them the reason. Oh, no, he could have never told them the reason, because they were humans.

"Don't be jealous because you're a wolf."

Jenny said between the big sound of the wind blowing, so that the band couldn't hear. Luhan was being irritated at her words. Luhan was a wolf, how could he be ashamed of being a wolf? Luhan got up with force, and pushing Jenny backwards. He wanted to hit the girl, but at that moment, Jenny touched her left hand and punched Luhan's fist (he had a fist because he wanted to attack Jenny), but her left hand was stronger. It was stronger, because it burned, and it burned a lot. Jenny knew the power of wolves. It didn't affect Luhan a lot, but it was only to release her hand's suffering, and to deffend herself from Luhan's roughness. After all, Jenny had provoked him. She liked to see Luhan angry. The angry boy stood up, and took Jenny's neck, pressing it very roughly. The girl didn't feel anything, and managed to let him go out of her. Both of them started to fight and continued until god knows when, but when the sun set, the girl had to stop.

The next morning, her body felt a bit bad, but she was used to the feeling. She then remembered the fight the night before and grinned slightly. She could have hurted Luhan way more than that, but she didn't. Why didn't she ? She, herself, didn't know, to be honest. She got up, and honestly, she wasn't that hurt. During her whole life, she had worse. When she arrived at school, she didn't notice everyone looking at her strangely, because, first she stayed expressionless, and second, she had a little scar near her right eye. She didn't saw that. How could she, after all, she didn't like seeing herself in a mirror. She didn't have any in her house. She walked towards her locker, and when she opened it, she saw a letter. She never watched films, so she didn't know that little thing of putting letters in someone's locker. She found it strange.

"I always make things short.

So I'll make it short here.

I love you.

                                                                          --Byun Baekhyun."

Jenny was feeling a bit surprised, she had to admit that. She knew absolutely nothing about love, she just barely heard that word before. She had been raised too peculiarly. She never exposed her feelings in the exterior. Whoever who would see her at that moment, which was absolutely not the case, wouldn't know she was surprised. Whoever who would see her at that moment would think she doesn't care about that letter, like if she was used to confessions, and would ended up throwing that letter away. Actually, she did throw that letter away, but she was still surprised. She walked away, and met Baekhyun's eyes.

"So it's you. Baekhyun." She said, in a monotone voice. The fact that she's always talking in a monotone way shouldn't be precised each times she talks. It's obvious from her. Jenny talking with feelings in her words is impossible. Baekhyun at first stayed silent, admiring the almost taller girl in front of him. They were in a place where a lot of students were, and at then, suddenly, Baekhyun hugged the girl. Everyone looked at them. Baekhyun was a quite famous guy in that school, he was good-looking, and very funny. He was kind of a perfect man for all the girls in the school. In fact, lot of girls loved him, so everyone stared at Baekhyun hugging the girl. Jenny didn't know why was everyone staring at them. She didn't know who was popular, who was the most hated, even if it was so obvious that it was almost impossible not to know. Well in fact, Jenny didn't know. She went to school only to study. She didn't listened to anything, she had no friends, she was alone, and it didn't bother her. She didn't need anything, so she didn't know anything about the students' image.

After a minute or two, Baekhyun released the girl. They looked at each other's eyes for a while. Baekhyun's eyes were full of amazement, and looked at Jenny's with passion. Maybe his love was really true, even if they didn't know for so long. For not long at all actually. Jenny's eyes were, as always, cold and hard. They weren't blank, but they didn't reflect any expression at all. "I know vampires and wolves are in war , but don't hurt Luhan." Jenny finally heard Baekhyun's words. Jenny wasn't surprised by Baekhyun's words, he was Luhan's friends after all. Baekhyun was so innocent, to tell such things to Jenny. But Jenny understood, Baekhyun was a human. She laughed in a mocking way and put a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. She could hear some girls whispering to each other near her, but she didn't care. Why would she, after all ? "He's stronger than you think." She said, and left Baekhyun alone. She could still feel the other girls' stare towards her, but she still didn't care. She felt water on her cheek, and realized it was raining. Everyone went under the buildings to protect themself from the rain. Jenny was the only one in the yard, standing in the middle.

"Don't hurt him, uh."


Jenny looked through the window of her classroom. She was rarely getting distracted in class, but she was thinking a lot about Baekhyun's innocent words before. They affected Jenny a lot, and she didn't know why. She grinned slightly, thinking that it's stupid, that a human's words affect her. It continued to rain, and the sky kept his grey colour. Jenny kept her grin when she realized the weather, it was better for her. She didn't really like when there was lot of sun, or anything shining brightly, for a certain reason. When the bell rang to tell the students that school was over, a logo was obvious on Jenny's lefthand. It shone. She ran far from the school to make sure there was no normal students who would see her. Even if nobody was paying attention to her, because nobodyknew her, it would be dangereous if someone would have seen her.

With that run-up, she jumped high and went on a roof, a roof which she knew so well. That roof where this girl always is. That roof where Naeun always is. Naeun, everyday, after school or in the night went on the top of this roof, sat, putting her back on the chimney, and started to observe the moon. For her, the moon has always been something so mysterious, and she didn't know why, but she was so interested. That time, Naeun quickly observed the moon after school, because since it had rained, the moon could be noticeable. She smiled as she saw the moon. She found it beautiful. It had its own charm, and somehow, this charm caught Naeun's heart. She really liked hearing some stuffs like werewolves, and when she was little, she believed those. She, now, doesn't believe it anymore. She still finds it interesting, but she doesn't believe that. She thinks now that wolves are just simple animals in the forest, like any other humans. And like any other humans, she was completely wrong.

Naeun felt a shadow, so she turned her head and looked up. She saw a standing figure beside her. She didn't know that face, but it was familiar to her, in a certain way. Oh, right, she remembered, after seeing those lips, those pink lips. They reminded her the kiss she had been involved into. "Oh, you." She said, with a soft and innocent voice. She really was able to hide her fear. Actually, she was a bit scared by the standing girl. At first, she didn't know her and she just appeared when she was with someone else, and then she kissed her so suddenly, while she didn't know her. She hadn't kissed someone on the lips before, except her mom. She had stolen her first kiss, and it was with a girl. Naeun had never been attracted to girls, she was straight, and this kiss made her feel strange. It wasn't disgusting for her, she didn't know why. It should be, right? First, a girl kiss a girl, even if the kissed girl is straight, and second, the kissed girl doesn't know the kissing girl.

Naeun scrabbled her head. She realized something. "You.. kind of remind me someone.." She said, hesitantly. It was only the second time of her life that she saw her, at least it was what she thought, and the first time she saw her was very strange, so she hesitated a lot when she was with her. Who was she after all ? Jenny didn't say anything in response to Naeun, she just looked her, standing beside her. She stayed expressionless, like if she wanted to keep her unknown identity from Naeun. "Who are you?" Jenny heard a soft voice. Naeun's face was white, and she had no spots on her face. It was clean, and her eyes were very black. She had a soft face, so it matched very well with her voice. Jenny didn't say anything at first. She didn't want to reveal anything from her.

"You'll know later." She said after a while. Naeun didn't like those type of people who weren't talkative and didn't say much. Couldn't she precise her words ? And Naeun didn't know Jenny, she could at least introduce herself, right, like a normal person. But Naeun didn't know that Jenny wasn't a normal person. The silence took place, Naeun always wondering the identity of the standing girl beside her. She reminded her someone but she didn't know what. She wanted to ask her something like, what's your name, or, haven't I seen you in the school before ? Because, yes, they were in the same school, and Naeun thought that it was because of that, that her face reminds her someone, but she was wrong. So wrong.

"Don't approach that man." Jenny said, after the long silence which took place. It interrupted Naeun's thoughts of what she could ask the unknown girl. When Jenny's words reached Naeun's mind, she opened her eyes wider, and her eyebrows raised. She thought a little about her words, and realized she was talking about Luhan, that man who approached the other night. 

"Why that?" Jenny was still used to human's naivety. She thought that whenever she said something, she had to explain why. It was normal, after all, humans knew nothing about what was happening, even if it was just behind their back. She waited a bit before talking. She didn't really like explaining things all the time, because, not that she was lazy, but .. she just disliked it. For her, explaining things was useless. If people waited a tiny bit more, they would understand by themself, and they would become more intelligent, right ? So then, why should people explain things if they could understand by themself ? Oh, sure, Jenny wasn't that stupid, there was some things which had to be explained, of course, but she thought that humans were becoming more and more lazy.

"It's the rule."

"Whi.. Which rule?" Naeun was hesitant because of Jenny's sudden answer. She didn't except an answer like that. For her, rules were only in games or things specified, but in that case, the fact that she mustn't approach Luhan, it wasn't specified, it was just in normal life, it was just a man approaching a girl, Naeun found that strange that it had a rule. But Jenny knew Naeun would think this way, she was used to humans' naivety since she was little. Jenny had to admit it, she didn't really like humans. She came back to reality when she felt something cold on her cheek, there was a cold wind blowing pretty hard. She sighed and looked in another way. At that moment, she felt a presence. Someone that she disliked's presence. She felt the aura that she hated so much, so she turned to see what was around, to see if the presence was near her or not. It wasn't the case. Her mind then focused on the question again. She was thinking about whether she had to tell her or not.

"Rule of war." She finally said, in a quiet tone. She told herself that Naeun still had to know that because one day or another, she'll still be involved in that, but she told herself, that if she didn't hear, it was good as well, because she also wanted Naeun to discover everything by herself. Naeun stayed still, eyes wide and mouth opened like an 'o', but Jenny realized the presence was getting nearer and nearer. She had to leave, but before leaving, she ran towards Naeun, and quickly kissed her on the lips a second time.  "Why--"

"Pay attention to you." She interupted the girl, not wanting to say anything about why she kissed her. She had her own reasons, and she didn't really enjoy that either, but she had to. And she couldn't tell her the reason. "Really." She ended after a while before making a step away from Naeun. She wanted to fly on the other roof, to see where the presence was, but suddenly, she saw a kind of a gang rushing on her. She wasn't afraid. They weren't on a par with her. They knew it, and she knew it, but, this is war after all. "Damn, those wolves again." She mumbled. She didn't realize Naeun was still behind her, and that she was seeing it all. She had never seen someone fighting in real before, at least it's what she thought. She had always been protected and a good girl. She was shocked, seeing the unknown girl in front of so much people, all in black, and attacking the girl. She wanted to scream, but she didn't know how the black people would react. She was afraid.

The wolves started to attack Jenny, first with some knife, even if they knew it was uselsess against Jenny. Jenny suddenly turned herself, because she realized there was a wolf behind her, and she saw the frightened sitting girl. She then realize whenever she would do a move, Naeun would see it all. Jenny didn't want to shock Naeun, but she had to go rough with the wolves. She hadn't any choices. She was trying to think about how to fight with the gang and not to shock Naeun at the same time, but she was being too distracted. It wasn't good. She then focused on the fight and forgot the girl, because she knew that one day or another, she will be involved in that anyway.

The wolves were stronger than Jenny thought. They maybe were more trained for that, they were maybe defending someone more important in the rank of wolves. Right, they were defending someone ! They were defending the presence Jenny had felt before, it's right. But Jenny couldn't focus think of something else, the wolves were stronger than she ever thought. She didn't any other choices than shock the sitting girl. She wanted to mumble a 'sorry', but she didn't have time for that. She rushed on the first wolf she saw, and at that moment, at that precise moment, Naeun realized how mysterious, how strange the other girl was even more. She maybe even realized the other girl wasn't a human. Jenny rushed on the first wolf she saw and snatched the wolf's arm.