The Graduation Night

Graduation Night Prep Team

FINALLY: THE GRADUATION NIGHT.

 

“Maknae-yah! Chanyeol is here…” your mum called you from downstairs. Your sister had not returned home after the graduation events earlier so you assume, Taemin will not even show up tonight.

 

“All right. Tell him to wait.” You obviously told Chanyeol he need not to pick you up since you will be going earlier than everyone to do some final discussion with the performers but he firmly said he is most willingly to come early with you and at that point, you cannot reject his request.

 

You came downstairs in your pastel rose dress, revealing your curve. You let your hair fell down after you gave them some curls and sprayed it with temporary light-brown hair colouring. Your neck was completed with a light accessory. Your right hand was occupied with some large bags that were filled with gifts for some friends that you prepared earlier and the other was gently holding a matching rose-coloured blazer which came in set with your dress.

 

“I'm going now, mum!” you announced before closing the door tightly to see Chanyeol in his black tuxedo, waiting for you in front of the door.

 

“Wow, you look good tonight.” You complimented him as you walked to his car which were drove by his noona. “Your noona is all right, right, about fetching me here?”

 

“Why wouldn’t she be? I told her I am going with school’s president tonight!” he grinned in return.

 

“Ah, you really need not to pick me up.” You said, guiltily.

 

“Now now, princess, don’t be silly. Hop in!” he instructed you to come in to the back seat. You did what he said and greeted his sister on your way in. She kindly greeted you back and you realized she is a very beautiful person. Good genes must be running in their family.

 

She drove both of you silently since Chanyeol cannot start any conversation with you, you reckoned maybe he is afraid his noona will later. After about 10 minutes, the car reached the school. The school is so much brighter tonight, the lights around the entrance and concourse area were all switched on, welcoming the students.

 

“Thanks, unnie.” You beamed at her when you both hopped of the car. As expected, not many people is here yet since it is about an hour early before the ceremony, but you spotted some members from the student’s community.

 

“President, look, it’s Suhopeless-hyung!” he giggled as he made a pun on Suho’s name. He pointed to Suho who was standing near the entrance, fixing the banner so it will stand steadily.

 

“Junmyeonarcissistic , you mean?” You mischievously replied with another pun on Suho’s name. You waved to Suho who waved at you and Chanyeol, as you both approached him.

 

“Hey, president.” Suho greeted you, “Why are you here, giant?” he questioned Chanyeol.

 

“He is persistent to fetch me so yeah, serves him right. Oppa, you can boss him around, he is all yours!” You smiled, tapping Suho’s shoulder before coming in to the auditorim and sneaked behind the stage to discuss the order in which the prformers will performed.

 

“I can’t believe it! The Exo-K group is not here yet?” you groaned in anger. “Junmyeon-oppa!” you went to where Suho was just now.

 

“What’s up, president?” he immediately answered, probably still getting used to the fact that you are now calling him oppa.

 

“Can you believe that this Exo-k group still hasn’t show up yet? I specifically pass the message to them telling them to come at least an hour earlier.”  You frowned. “Wait till I see them. They will taste how it feels like in deep-fryer.”

 

“Calm down, president, I mean, there might traffic jam anywhere.” Suho turned pale and switched to panicky mode, “Ah, I just remembered something! They are actually here but they went to lend helps in the cafeteria.”

 

“Oh really? I need to see them.” You were ready to leave for the cafeteria which was situated at the far-back of the school when Suho stopped you.

 

“Eh, president, you just wait here. I will see them for you. It is dangerous for a girl to walk alone there in the night. What do you want to ask them?”

 

“Oppa, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Why are you so stubborn?” Suho finally exploded.He never been this mad before. Ah, he must be really annoyed. “I said let me do it.”

 

“Nevermind.” You stomped your feet and coldly walked away from him.

 

“I can’t believe you—president, wait up!” He chased after you and finally succeeds in convincing you to pass the task to him.

 

***

The auditorium is slowly welcoming the arrival of the students with their indivual partner, dressed beautifully and handsomely in the formal dress code for this formal, half-casual event that you created for your fellow friends.

 

“Oi Ju Ma Hao, where are you?” you finally gave up on waiting and heading to the cafeteria, you called Suho just to make sure of his location. “You know you are supposed to back in the last 30 minutes, right?”

 

“Ah, I am now returning back to the audi. The cafeteria’s staff needed some help just now so I guess, I should lend a hand.” He came up with few excuses.

 

“I am on way. Stay where you are.” You announced through the phone and hang up as you fasten your pace to the cafeteria. You took courage in every step you took. It’s true, the school is brighter than normal but the fact that something might be hiding behind the bushes near you or somewhere where you can’t see them terrified you.

 

You prayed alone so that nothing bad happen to you. The last thing you want is your mascara is ruined because of your coward tears. Not long after that you felt someone was trailing behind you. A ? Oh, no, no, no! You speed up your pace and notice that person is also copying your action. Nooo~! Soon, you felt as if the person is no longer behind you and you let out a sigh of relief. Aish, why is the cafeteria so far away? Suddenly you felt a pair of hands on your shoulder and you screamed on top of your lungs.

 

“Hey, president!”

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!” you regained your senses and hit him hard on his arms, “That is not very nice of you to do that.”

 

“Sorry, okay?” He exclaimed before grinning slowly, “The girls in the audi needs some help. Let’s go there.”

 

“But I need to—,”

 

“You can see Suho-hyung later. Now let’s go, almost everybody is there!”

 

***

“Jongin-oppa! Jongin-oppa!” you heard that when you entered the auditorium and shot Chanyeol a look.

 

“Mind telling me why people like that mentally-unstable bestfriend of yours?”

 

He just chuckled in return, “Come in and you’ll see why.” He pushed you gently to the front and showed you Kim Jongin. Wow, no wonder the girls are over the moon for him! He was wearing a brown coat over a black inner shirt. His hair was spiked up, his bronze skin seems golden-ish and his jawline seems to be more defined tonight. All in all, Kim Jongin is a prince tonight.

 

“See? Even you turned speechless.” Chanyeol pointed out as he saw your reaction at the sight of Kai.

 

“I did not!” You denied and changed the topic, “Who did you say need help?”

 

“The girls over there… eh, maybe there… eh, where are they? Hmm, I think they don’t need any help anymore, president.” He concluded.

 

“Aigoo.” You smacked his hand and looked at him, “You sure are good-looking tonight, Chanyeol-oppa.”

 

He smiled and voluntarily took your hand and wrapped it around his arms, “So why don’t we go around while you show me off?” He was ready to take a step before he suddenly braked. He took a glance at the entrance and his smile widened, “Look, president!”

 

You tried to match to his line of vision and to your surprise you saw Byun Baekhyun coming in handsomely with a lady hand-in-hand with him, “Taeyeon-ssem!”

 

Kim Taeyeon—ssem is an intern teacher who currently doing her teacher training in your school. She is only few years older than you and your batch since she is still a student. She is undeniably beautiful making her the attraction of the male students and teachers in your school. Some students tried to make moves on her but failed. And of course, you heard about rumor that Baekhyun is the closest to her and they actually developed romantic feelings for each other and tonight you might be able to confirm the rumor.

 

“Our Baekhyun is no kidding, huh?” Chanyeol whispered to you. He chortled a little to show how proud he is of his bestfriend.

 

“Before you say that, look at that eyeliner he put on. Trust me; he has a for eyeliner products!” You exclaimed and tugged on Chanyeol’s sleeve gently, dragging him over to the entrance.

 

“Baekhyun, are you sure this is all right?”

 

“Noona, it’s all right. The guys would like you.”

 

You heard the conversation shared between Baekhyun and Taeyeon-ssem and giggled quietly at the adorable assurance Baekhyun gave Taeyeon-ssem.

 

“Look, noona, even president and Chanyeol is here to see you!” he pointed to the two of you and you spot Taeyeon-ssem started to look restless.

 

“Hi, ssem!” Chanyeol and you both greeted her in unison. You looked at Chanyeol and laughed, “Jinx! Ha-ha, you lost! Don’t say anything until someone call your name!”

 

“You are so—“ Chanyeol tried to protest but turned silent as you shut him up with the gesture by putting your index finger on your lips while widening your eyes.

 

You pursed your lips and turned to Taeyeon who was wearing a lovely azure dress which she wore with matching and dazzling azure heels. She had her hair tied in a neat bun. Her cheek was adorably pink and her make-up was light and natural which suited her baby-faced beauty.

 

“Ssem, you look so pretty tonight!” You exclaimed, praising her sincerely. “Ah, Baekhyun sure is lucky to get you as his date tonight.”

 

“President, you look pretty too! The girls here are all pretty.” Taeyeon-ssem praised.

 

“Ehem, president, don’t you have anything to say about my look tonight?” Baekhyun asked, fishing for compliment.

 

You ignored his words and turned to Taeyeon to continue praising her appearance. As you did that, the 2 other boys came in to approach you.

 

“Hello, Kyungsoo-oppa, Sehun-oppa!” You greeted them both who was coming with each other hand-in-hand. Realizing that, you lifted your left eyebrow and looked intently at them, “Whoa, you are not coming together as dates right?”

 

“Actually we are!” Straight-faced Sehun nodded, agreeing to your question.

 

Your jaw dropped and you started laughing at the absurdness, “Seriously?”

 

D.O smacked Sehun’s head hardly after letting go of his hand off Sehun’s grip to which Sehun replied with a loud ‘Hyung!’. D.O turned back at you and smiled, “Sorry, this kid has lost it. Our dates are in the washroom.” 

 

You sighed in relief, “Fuhh, glad to hear that.”

 

D.O and Sehun turned to see the woman beside Baekhyun and half-shouted, “Taeyeon-ssem!”

 

“Ah, jinx, hyung!” Sehun smiled, “You lost. Shut up for few hours now! I am not going to let anyone call your name.”

 

You gave Sehun a high-five, “I won with Chanyeol-oppa, too! We shall have a match between us. Whoever’s opponent’s name called out first, that person lose.”

 

“So, if Kyungsoo-hyung’s name is called out first, I am going to lose?” Sehun asked to confirm the information. You nodded in return.

 

“It’s on, president! I am so going to win!” Sehun turned to D.O and smirked, “Ready for silent night, hyung?”

 

“Na-ah, you are not going to win because…” You grinned to Sehun, before you turned to D.O, “Kyungsoo-oppa, you looked good today!”

 

“President, how could- woah, that is definitely cheating!” Sehun exclaimed.

 

Taking an advantage of this situation, Chanyeol tapped Sehun’s shoulder for Sehun to call out his name as well. Sehun just smirked in return, shaking his head because he knows Chanyeol cannot stand in a situation which requires him to be silent. After all, Chanyeol is the moodmaker of their friendship, his loud voice is needed.

 

“Yo, president!” another voice coming in, draping his hand on Sehun’s shoulder, “Hey, ers.” He greeted everybody around you before realizing a teacher was with you guys, “Omo, ssem!” He bowed to Taeyeon-ssem in his panicky face as his movement gathered laughter from all of you.

 

“Hello, Jongin, you looked good today!” Taeyeon praised Kai. You know what Taeyeon saw, Kai is extremely good-looking tonight. No one would say no to him, not to that look he had.

 

“Thank you, ssem.” He thanked Taeyeon, “Why are you guys standing here? Let’s go around. Sheesh, you guys are boring.”

 

“Yah, where is your date?” D.O asked Kai, as his eyes searching for the sight of Kai’s date.

 

“Hehe why do I need date for? I have you right?” Kai smiled mischievously as he linked his arms around D.O, his head fell on D.O’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t tell me you are rejected!” Sehun assumed, his palm went over his mouth.

 

“Yah, can you think of any girl that can resist this face?” Kai pointed to his face to counter Sehun’s assumption.

 

“I can!” Sehun answered, “… and she is right over here!” he pointed at you. “I think president will reject you real hard if you ever ask her.”

 

“True that.” Suho answered.

 

“Oh please, this girl cannot resist me.” Kai smirked as he placed his arm around your shoulder.

 

“What make you so confident, Kaiser-roll?” you asked him, lifting your left eyebrow giving him your questioning look.

 

“I can do everything and you can’t even resist any of those… aish, nevermind.” Kai shifted the topic suddenly, “Hey, let’s take a seat. I think everyone is here.”

 

“Good evening, everybody. Welcome to the SM High School’s Graduation Night!” The MC’s voice finally entered your ears.

 

***

You were busy backstage as you paced around restlessly seeing the Exo-K group has not arrived yet. If they don’t show up, who will fill their empty spot?
 

“President, they are here. Don’t worry, go and sit. I will take care of these.” Suho assured you, his expression was full of worry seeing you pacing around.

 

“Ay, I’ll sit when the guys are here, you just—“

 

“Why are being so stubborn? Let oppa take care of these, will you?” he replied, frowning and emphasized the word ‘oppa’.

 

“Fine, oppa.” You rolled your eyes, you placed emphasizing tone to the word ‘oppa’ as well. You turned away before he grabbed your hand.

 

“Trust me, okay? I will do it well.” He assured you again, looking into your eyes.

 

You finally stopped from sulking at him and nodded. After all, he is the vice-president, your right man; he knows these things as much you do.

 

***

“President!” Taemin waved as he saw you, asking you to sit next to him.

 

“Hey, Taemin. I thought you are at the back. Aren’t you performing?” You asked him as you remember that he is the part of school’s very own talented group, Shinee and that they will be performing later.

 

“Yes, I am.” He nodded before he continued, “But the hyungs said I can hang out here longer before performing.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Because—“

 

“Because I am here, silly.” You heard a girl’s voice interrupted your talk with Taemin.

 

You turned to the girl and even though you already expected it, you still widened your eyes, “Unnie!”

 

She took a seat next to Taemin, handed him a cup of orange juice, “Hello there Ms. President.”  

 

“Ah, so you are here too. No wonder that stalker is sitting alone, staring at you guys as if she would burn a hole across your face.” You directed your eyes to the girl wearing a white dress sitting not far from where you are seated. Naeun was frowning directly at your sister.  

 

“Ah, let her be. Anyway, where is Chanyeol? I thought you are going with him?” Your unnie asked you while she sipped her orange juice. “Ouch, what?” she was nudged by Taemin on her side as he gave her some signs that you didn’t know of.

 

“I told you right?” Taemin said to your unnie as he widened his eyes.

 

“She didn’t know?” she asked back before turning to you and throwing the same question, “You didn’t know?”

 

“Didn’t know what?” you suddenly panicked. Are there any other things that you are supposed to know that you are still clueless of?

 

“That Chanyeol and the other boys are—“ she replied before she was interrupted by the MC’s sudden announcement.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome SM High School’s very own talented boys, Exo-K!” the voice through the speaker can be heard.

 

You widened your eyes at the announcement. Surge of excitement filled you, you heard of these boys so many times, there are talks about them being extra good-looking and extra talented but sadly until today, you are yet to meet these boys yourself. Your expectation rose to the maximum as you saw some boys finally walked in to the centre of the stage.

 

You just sighed when Junmyeon led his other 5 bestfriends to the centre of the stage, “Aish, this guy. Does he need to bring his bestfriends to set up the stage?”

 

You saw Baekhyun and D.O stood near the two microphone stands as they both fixed the microphone on its place. Suho and Chanyeol both fixed 2 chairs so that they are near to each other, Chanyeol placed a guitar near one of those chairs. Kai and Sehun just stood there staring at their hyungs.

 

You bit your lips in frustration. Aigoo, if those two aren’t going to help, why are they up there? And where is this Exo-K boys? Why are they taking a long time to enter the stage? Suddenly you saw Chanyeol started to sit on the chair, placing the guitar on his lap. That was when you suddenly stood up ready to scold them.

 

“Oh my god, what is Chanyeol doing up there? Why are they aren’t off the stage yet?” you asked as you began to step away before your unnie grabbed your hand and forced you to return to your seat.

 

“Unnie, let go!”

 

“Yah, shut up!” she scolded you back as she hit your head.

 

When Chanyeol strummed his guitar, you just closed your eyes. You were afraid at what Chanyeol is doing. What if he ruined the mood with his terrible deep-voiced singing just like last time?

 

“When I look at you my face gets red, when I see you my heart goes thump thump

I talk with shyness like a kid”

 

You suddenly opened your eyes as you startled at this voice singing the first line of CNBLUE’s Love Light. This is not definitely not Chanyeol’s voice, you were surprised to found out that D.O is the owner of this voice. You began to stop worrying and let him sing again.

 

“When I look at you, I just smile out of nowhere, like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me”

 

Suho;s voice replaced D.O’s.

 

You were looking forward to the rap part and Sehun started,

 

“You are my heart president

You’re my chests’ star embroider”

 

Kai continued,

 

“I am genie for you, girl

You make me stop breathing”

 

Chanyeol finished,

 

“Whatever you want, because I love you

There is no reason to love you, you know?”

 

You nodded along after the rap part and looked around to look for others’ reactions and they seems to enjoy it as much as you do.

 

“You are a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my own love light

 

Now, it’s Baekhyun’s sweet voice! What? You never thought this eyeliner guy can sing. You just smiled silently.

 

You can’t believe it, they did splendidly well for the first part of the song before Chanyeol stopped strumming his guitar and Kai and Sehun stood on the side, next to each other. Chanyeol and Suho stood up joining Baekhyun and D.O before the music played. It is another song that you never heard of.

 

The intro of the song is a piano part which brings some feelings to your heart. You watched Sehun and Kai matched their dancing steps perfectly in amazement. Their dance steps matched beautifully with the melody.

 

“Exchanging only our separate fates that lead to one another
As inevitable as it seemed that we’d miss, I know we loved just as much”

 

Soon it’s D.O‘s voice singing alone in the beautiful harmony that soothes your heart,

 

“When you smile, sun shines, a brilliance you can’t fit into a framework of language
 

And Suho finished the last phrase before they went into somewhat a chorus.

 

“The waves crash my heart and crumble down oh”

 

Finally with D.O, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Suho harmonized together, the song ended. Sehun and Kai stood together in their final position gracefully.

 

“Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you

The early sunlight comes down
A blinding force that reminds me of you comes down
At last my eyes that lost their way Cry cry cry”




“They did great!” You clapped for the boys, “Ah, we don’t need that Exo-K then! We just need Junmyeon and the boys.”

 

“President.” Taemin interrupted.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“They are Exo-K”

 

***

“Why didn’t you tell me you guys are the Exo-K?” you scolded Suho and hit him lightly on his chest. “I said so many bad things about you guys. Oh my god, I am so embarrassed.”

 

The six of them chuckled in unison, “It’s all right! We just want to show you our real talent tonight so that you would be surprised.”

 

“Nevertheless you did great!” you pat them on their shoulder one by one as another way of saying ‘you did well’

   

You immediately went to the backstage as soon as their performance ended to meet them whole and scold them for hiding the fact.

 

“Hey what are you guys waiting for? Let’s go back to our seat and watch others perform.” D.O suggested.

 

“All right.” You nodded, start to lead them to their seats but Kai held your hand, holding you back as the other boys walked away first.

  

“Now is the right time, president.” He informed before giving you a tap on your shoulder before walking away.

 

***

“Oh God, is Soojung even a human? Why is she so beautiful?” D.O spazzed along with Kai of their junior’s beauty. They were sitting on one of the tables near the stage, watching the performance silently. F(x) was performing at the time and these boys cannot resist hot girls.

 

“I know. Man, look at Jinri. Look, she winked at me!” Kai grinned happily.

 

“Yah, dream on but it’s for me!” Sehun butted in the two’s conversation.

 

“Yah, how could you think of other people when your date is missing?” Baekhyun scolded the other boys except Chanyeol and Kai as Sehun’s and D.O’s dates are missing. Taeyeon-ssem was just silently sit next to him.

 

“Ah, I couldn’t care less where Mimi is. She said she is actually going with me to make her ex-boyfriend jealous. I guess it worked, I mean, I don’t see her sticking around me now.” D.O complained.

 

“Danim is probably eating her heart out at the food section. She told me she was starving, I guess she really was.” Sehun said, shaking his head in annoyance.

 

“Oh, look, it’s president on the stage!” Chanyeol beamed as he saw your presence on the stage, approaching the mic stand, “She is breath-taking, isn’t she?”

 

“Hyung, you are drooling. Ew, what the hell…” Kai shrugged in disgust.

 

“Her long hair, those pink lips, those red cheeks, those eyes, God, I can stare at her all night.” Chanyeol continued again, his hands under his chin as his face is making the melted look.

 

“Hyung, just because—hey wait, you are still under jinx with president. How dare you talk?” Sehun glared at Chanyeol, “Don’t speak a word or I tell president to pull your ears to the ground.”

 

Chanyeol put his hand on the air as a sign of being defeated by Sehun’s threats.

 

You stood in front of the microphone stage. Of course, you’ve talked in front of the whole school before. Many times to be exact but tonight, you suddenly feel nervous than usual.

 

 “To all students, I mean, fellow friends from SM Highschool. I am the ex-president of SM Highschool’s student community. I stand hereby, in front of all of you because I am going to announce something,”

 

Cricket! Cricket! You hear nothing from your fellow friends, no response or anything; they just stare at you and expecting your next words. You closed your eyes for a second, thinking for the second time whether this decision is the right thing to do. You opened your eyes again and you glanced towards Kai. He just nodded, his fist balled up as sign of encouragement as he mouthed ‘fighting!’

 

“I’ve been keeping this to myself for 2 years now, since the end of our 1st year here. I feel a little bit guilty for not being able to share this news to anyone even though they trusted me so much… I know the response that I gain after I announce might be like ‘so what?’ or ‘whatever’. But this is the last thing that I want to do for myself and for that person too.”

 

“What is she babbling about?” Sehun frowned as he looked around his fellow friends to check for their expressions.

 

“Shh, the important part is coming…” Kai shushed Sehun in return.

 

“I am currently dating someone…” you sighed.

 

“Chanyeol-ah…” D.O looked at Chanyeol and immediately grasped his shoulder. Chanyeol looked dumbfounded, this is so unexpectable.

 

“And I am going to reveal my 2-years relationship here, with that person.” You looked at Kai, gaining strength before calling out a name, “and he is…”

 

“Hey, now that I realize where is Suho-hyung?” Baekhyun asked, looking around for glimpse of Suho.

 

You glanced towards the entrance of the stage when a boy stepped in. Suho entered the stage, with his angelic smile glancing at you as he nodded. “Kim Junmyeon. My boyfriend is Kim Junmyeon.” You announced.

 

“SUHO-HYUNG???” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“WHAT THE?” Sehun choked on his drink.

 

Chanyeol stood up and went away as D.O trailing him from behind, “Yeol-ah.”

 

***

“So, all this ‘everything is under control’ and ‘control everything in here’ is your code for I love you and I love you?” Baekhyun asked excitedly, his hands never leave Suho’s shoulder.

 

“Hey, get your hands off him. What do you think are you doing?” you playfully play jealous watching Baekhyun’s endless aegyo to Suho.

 

Baekhyun chuckled in return, “Starting to get possessive, I see, you are, president….”

 

“How do you feel now?” Kai asked, “After telling the truth?”

 

You brought Kai to someone less closer to the other boys, “Truth be told, I was kind of worried at first. But seeing everyone actually clap for us and belatedly congratulate our relationship, I am relief now. Thanks to you. At least I don’t feel guilty anymore hiding this matter especially to my unnie.”

 

“Glad to hear that.” Kai pat your head and pinched your cheek a bit, “My dongsaeng did well. Ah, one more thing… Talking about your unnie, I think you need a bed in hospital.”

 

“Eh, why?” You asked him, dumbfounded thinking hard to think of the situation. You glanced around and spotted your sister with her hair tied up. You shook your head in fear. just got real!

 

“Jongin-oppa.” You shot Kai your infamous puppy-eyes to get help from him to cover you up.

 

He just gave apologetic look, “Taemin said your sister broke a gangster’s nose before. I am sorry, I love my face, president.”

 

“Oppa!’ you frowned and grabbed his hand for help.

 

“I can call an ambulance right now if you want me to.” He offered, looking at you apologetically.

 

“If Junmyeon-oppa asked why I am not calling him tonight, say that I am choking on them.” You bid him goodbye as you are ready to some action from your taekwondo-skilled unnie.

 

“Hey there, little miss perfect.” She greeted with smirk, her left eyebrow raised a bit. This evil smirk, you know what this means. And sometimes you wish you do not.

 

“U-unnie.” You approached her with your hands trembled a bit, due to fear.

 

“Shut it.” She stopped you from talking, “Consider yourself lucky that Taemin and your boyfriend, Suho is here if they are not, then I bet mum would be crying for your early death tonight.”

 

“Ayy, unnie.” You grabbed her hands, “Sorry, okay? I just need to do this. If all of the students here found out that I am dating Suho, they will think I am biased when I choose him as the vice president last year.”

 

“Then, why am I not aware of this, huh? You don’t trust me, is it?”

 

“Unnie, I— look, I think I found joy dating secretly. Can’t I even have my own decision regarding this matter?”

 

She sighed in return, “You’re right. It’s your relationship, it’s your responsibility to protect it.”

 

“Thanks unnie.”

 

“It’s all right.” She leaned in to give you a hug.

 

“Ehem.” Suho cleared his throat as a sign of interrupting, “Can I steal her now?” he asked your sister.

 

***

 

“Hey, there lovely,” Suho approached you as he smiled.

 

You smiled along and walked to approach him as well, “Hi there,”

 

“Tired?” he asked you, concerned. He tugged strands of your hairs behind your ear.

 

“Not really. I’m glad the work is over,”

 

“Me too,” Suho grabbed your hands and enveloped them with his, caressing them softly, “You look so beautiful tonight. Just look at me now, I can’t even take my hands of you,”
 

You chuckled at his statement, “Thank you. You too. You are the president’s boyfriend, after all,”

 

“Thank God we made it through until here,”

 

“I know. I know it was hard for you to do this as in hiding our relationship. But you cope so well, thank you so much,”

 

He stepped a little closer to you and swooped your tiny waist, he cupped your cheek. Looking into your eyes, he smiled, “Everything is under control, isn’t it?” he tilted his head to the side and leaned in.

 

“Without a doubt,” you smiled in return. He pressed his lips softly against yours. You were not surprised. You actually waited for 2 years for this kiss.  He kissed so lovingly and gently that you can’t help but placed your arms around his neck to keep kissing him.

 

Both of you were standing in the garden of the school, somewhere a little further from the auditorium. Everything in here was so silent and you both try to enjoy your time together without being afraid of getting caught.

 

Suho pulled away and caressed your cheek softly, “Such a beautiful tonight, tonight is, don’t you think?”

 

“It is, indeed.” You agreed. You glanced to the sky, it was perfect. The deep black sky was accompanied with dazzling stars and beautiful moonlight. Somehow you wish time would stop right there. “Ah, I wanted to ask you what is the song you performed together just now with Baekhyun, D.O and Chanyeol. I never heard of it before, is it your song?”

 

“Yeap, it’s our own song. Isn’t it beautiful? It’s called Baby Don’t Cry.” Suho informed.

 

You just nodded in agreement. It’s very beautiful indeed.

 

“Did you hear the song just now?” he asked you.

 

“What song?”

 

“Love light.” He answered, “Ah, I actually wanted to take Sehun’s part but I already have my own so I can’t”

 

You closed your eyes, remembering Sehun’s part, “Ah, that rap part. Why?”

 

“You know it goes, ‘You, my heart’s president.’, right?” He asked.

 

You lifted your left eyebrow, “Uh-uh.What’s wrong with that?”

 

“You are the president.” He smiled, “My heart’s president.”

 

“Oh, you!” you blushed and hid your face on his chest.

 

***

“They said the control thing everytime they met! No wonder I thought there’s something fishy about that.” Sehun pointed out, still discussing the code between you and Suho.

 

“Ah, if only I am clever enough.” Baekhyun stomped his feet to the ground, “There’s one time Suho-hyung and I were drinking at the café, suddenly we met president. The first thing that president said is ‘Is everything under control?’ I started to wonder why would she ask that kind of question outside school boundary but I ignore it anyway.”

 

“You know, hyung?” Kai tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder, “I never doubt your stupidity.”

 

“Yah!” Baekhyun chased after Kai who ran away after receiving death glare from Baekhyun. Baekhyun took this opportunity to stop his cool image for a while since Taeyeon-ssem was in the bathroom.

 

“Sehun-ah.” D.O came in after confronting Chanyeol who finally said he needed some time alone, asking D.O to leave him.

 

“Oh, hyung!” Sehun approached the older boy, “How’s Yeol-hyung?”

 

“A mess.” D.O shook his head in sorrow, “Even we are surprised at president’s announcement, how do you think Chanyeol can handle that? He likes her a lot, too.”

 

“Kids!” Suho entered the auditorium, approaching the guys.

 

“Hyung, you better talk to Chanyeol.” D.O told him.

 

“No need. President went to talk to him.” Suho informed his other bestfriends.

 

***

“Oppa.” You approached Chanyeol who was sitting on the bench near a fishpond of your school, “Can we talk?”

 

“President, I don’t know—,” he said without looking at you.

 

“Please?”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Thanks.” You smiled and took a seat next to him. “Are you okay?”

 

“I don’t know.” He sighed. “President, if the person you like the most in this world turns out to date your own bestfriend without you knowing it, how would you feel?”

 

“Of course I will feel angry.” You nodded, understanding his situation.

 

“Are you aware of my feelings towards you?”

 

You nodded simply, “Hmm…”

 

“See? Every single person in this school knows I like you but still Suho-hyung is the one you chose.” You sensed some anger in his tone.

 

You closed your eyes as you gain your courage to ask him this, “Do you really like me?”

 

He looked at you, probably taken aback, “You have no idea how much I do.”

 

“Then, do me a favor.” You looked into his eyes, placing your hands on top of his, squeezing it a bit. “Move on for I am not for you. Look, I really like Suho-oppa, like a lot! He is the first person that makes me feel this way so I am not letting him go.”

 

“I can’t…”

 

“Of course you can!”

 

He looked away, as he sighed, “It’s going to be hard but since you asked me to, I will give it a go.”

 

***

You went in with Chanyeol back to join the others in auditorium. The other guys immediately approached you both upon seeing.

 

“Oh, president! Hyung!” Sehun ran towards you guys.

 

Suho immediately went around Chanyeol, “Yeol-ah.” He began to look apologetic to Chanyeol.

 

“Hyung! I saw some snacks there, should we get it?” Chanyeol entered his jumpy mood and brought Suho to the refreshments table. Suho nodded and joined Chanyeol running to the refreshments table.

 

“He is pretty good in hiding his sadness.” You said to Sehun.

 

“What do you mean sad? President, you may not know that Chanyeol-hyung’s cure to everything is food. I swear the only time he stopped thinking about other people is when he eats.” Sehun replied.

 

“Really? But will his sadness returns when he stops eating?”

 

“Maybe.” He sighed, “But don’t worry. Chanyeol—hyung is a strong person. He is after all our happy virus.”

 

You nodded and smiled when you caught Suho was beaming at you and giving his thumbs up as he spent the rest of the night with Chanyeol.

 

You sighed deeply and closed your eyes. This is the final taste of real highschool; never ending dramas, knowing your true friends, knowing who aren’t, first love, new friends and whole lot of new experiences. You smiled and think quietly. You are lucky to be surrounded by awesome and great people who are always there for you. These are the people that grow up and mature with and you would like to see them return to you as a more successful person. Goodbye, SM Highschool, you have been so nice!

 

***

There. The End! <3 Hope you enjoyed. 

The end was kind of rushed but I tried my best and I failed.