Day 6, 7 & The Graduation Day.

Graduation Night Prep Team

Day 6

 

“If we can finish early, then we can go home early so make sure you do your job perfectly so we don’t have to return here tomorrow, you get me?” You said. It is a Saturday but the work still goes on but since almost 90% of the preparation is ready, this session will be the shortest.

 

“Yes, president!” the 50 plus students answered in enthusiasm and they all scattered at their allocated workplace in the auditorium.

 

You immediately strolled around the auditorium, patrolling and helping here and there to makesure everything is in the place. You spotted Kai and D.O sitting together on the bench, while their hands swiftly moving on the LED screen of their individual’s cell phone.

 

“Is that your character? Wow, what an ugly creature! You know I think, the character in this game is the accurate representation of their player.” Kai smirked as he teased the older boy beside him.

 

“Speak for yourself. Your character is so tanned, you can’t even see them.” D.O came back with his statement.

 

“Hah, wait until I shoot you with the fire gun and then you’ll see who is tanner.” Kai bit his lips and swiftly move his hand across the screen.

 

“Wow, this game, is it fun?” you whispered from the back, right into Kai’s ear.

 

“Heh, a bit.” He is still immersed in his game.

 

“Whoa, you seem like you have a lot of fun right there.”

 

“Eh, not really.”

 

“What do you think about your ear?”

 

“They looked normal I think. Better than Yeol hyung’s. Why do you ask?”

 

“How normal would they look like now, hah?” You pulled on his ear until they turned red.

 

“President, president, my ear!” Jongin tried to move at the slightest to avoid harder force exerted on his ear.

 

“Have you finished with your work, hmm, kkamjong?” You asked him, you placed your hands on your hips, showing him how mad you are at him.

 

“Hehe, I was having a little break. But this is not fair! Why are you scolding me alone? Kyungsoo-hyung was here— what a traitor!” he said as he spotted that D.O was no longer next to him. His eyes searching actively for the sign of D.O but spotted none.

 

You immediately took a seat next to him, “It’s all right, Jongin. I’ll let you go this time since it’s our last time working together anyway.”

 

“Aww, thanks. What a nice person you are president!” he exaggerated a bit but surely you can feel his sincerity.

 

“I won’t be nice anymore if I saw you lazing around after this, you understand?”

 

“President, this is sudden but I am curious, what do you think about us?”

 

“Us who?”

 

“My bestfriends and I?”

 

“Oh, you and- oh, well, hmm, where to start? Firstly, Junmyeon is a warm person, very helpful and are always there for me… When I need help. Baekhyun can be a pain in the sometimes but I think he likes to be around me. Chanyeol is a very bright talented guy and he makes me laugh a lot. Kyungsoo is fine, he is cute enough for me not too scold him too much. Sehun is a shy boy, I hardly talk with him but he is good. Lastly, you, well you are an . I hate you, kbai.” You joked at your statement about Jongin but continued as you saw his expression changed,

 

“I am joking! Well, you, like what Chanyeol said, are useless but you always have good intention and I can’t deny your talent in dancing, Jongin.”

 

“Aww, that was very sweet… Hey president, you know what, last night, I was thinking maybe I can find out the person that you like…” He smiled.

 

This is the thing you feared of, hopefully he would say any other name than that person’s name. If he does mention that person’s name, then serves you right for giving those boys hint about that person.

 

“What do you mean, Jongin?”

 

“President, you better tell me the truth. The guy you meant last time, is it….”

 

His answer made you widened your eyes.

 

***

“Hyung, hyung!” Chanyeol ran towards Suho, “Did I tell you that I am going to the graduation night with her?”

 

“Oh, really, Yeol-ah? Wow, what a surprise!” Suho smiled, joining Chanyeol in his childish jumping-mode that he got in whenever he feels extremely happy.

 

“Suho-hyung.” Another voice came in, this time it’s a pretty boy, “There are no rehearsal today right?”

 

“Nope, Baekhyun, you can stop thinking about how to distract president away.”

 

“So can I go home?”

 

“Nope, Baekhyun. If you go home and she suddenly asks me about you, I will be deep fried.” Suho rejected Baekhyun’s request leaving the younger boy stomping his feet in protest.

 

***

“You lied to us! You lied to everybody!” Jongin replied as you told him a secret when he mentioned that person’s name. You didn’t see any point to lie to Jongin since he cleverly found out by himself.

 

“No I did not! You just never asked before.”

 

“Liar!” he folded his arms in anger.

 

“Oh, Jongin… Fine! You can call me a liar but please, I beg you, do not tell other people, including him.  What can I do to make you zip your mouth? I will do anything.”

 

“Anything?” His face plastered with evil smirk

 

“Yes, anything.”

 

“Hmm, I’ll think about this.”

 

“Don’t be cruel, Kim Jongin, I am just a girl.”

 

“Oh don’t worry, I am sure that pretty boyfriend of yours will help you out.”

***

“Guys, gather up!” You exclaimed through the microphone as you all finished with the last minute check.

 

“Good job, everybody! Give everyone here including yourself a round of applause!” You said through everybody, feeling satisfied with the cooperation that they gave. “See you on Monday! Congratulation on our graduation. Good luck with what you are doing after this. I love you guys a lot!”

 

That was your last informal speech to the student’s community. You gave them thumbs up and smiled genuinely at them. Your speech was immediately welcomed by the students with unending applause. You went downstairs and joined them hugging each other.

 

When you actually met with the 6 boys who were always there to entertain you with their dramatic attitude, they readily opened their arms one by one, ready for your hug. You smiled and went to give hug to them individually, patting their back in affection.

 

“You guys did great! Thank you for your help and for entertaining me.” You sincerely thanked them.

 

“Hey, what are you saying, we only work if you tell us to, you know!” Baekhyun said, “I won’t do it if it wasn’t you.”

 

“Aww, sissy boy. I know you love your eyeliner more than working with me but you did great in this past few days.” You replied to him.

 

“I know right, I didn’t feel any regret bringing all of them here to help us, president.” Suho, the only member of the school’s community among the 6 boys said.

 

“Yes, Junmyeon, I am glad you brought them. Thank you to you too for controlling everything when I wasn’t around!” you thanked him next.

 

“Of course! You too, president, you take care of us well and we work efficiently under your control too!”

 

“Guys, we better save this ‘thank you’ thing for our graduation, all right?” Chanyeol suggested after hearing the exchange of thank you, “I am afraid that some surprising confession or revelation might come out if we continue this.”

 

“I know right. Don’t you think, president?” Kai looked at you with a smirk. Of course, he did that out of sarcasm since he is the only one who knows about you and that person!

 

“I need to go home now, everybody!” You announced, avoiding direct contact with Kai. After he found out about the secret, he keeps you restless. His eye languages, his smirk and he texted you every minute to tease you.

 

“President, I am coming with you.” Chanyeol announced and Kai immediately looked at you with another stupid grin of his. He went to Suho and hugged him while asking loudly enough to let you hear him,

 

“Hyung, if you found out one of us secretly dating, what will you do?”

 

“W-what d-do you mean, Jongin-ah?” Suho answered in startled expression, “Are you saying there is?”

 

“Jongin! You come here!” You beckoned him to walk home together with you.  “Come on, Chanyeol.”

 

Jongin let go of Suho, not letting go of chance to tease you about that person again. He walked immediately beside and before he started, you warned him.

 

“Chanyeol is here, Jongin. If you have a death wish, you can talk about that here!” you threatened him in a whisper which he replied by throwing his hands on air as a sign of understanding your words.

 

“President, can you believe we are actually leaving this school officially in 2 days?” Chanyeol began as you three walked to the waiting area, with you in between the boys.

 

“No, I can’t! It is just surreal, Chanyeol.” You replied, “Times does fly. And it sure flies fast.”

 

“Oh they don’t really, president. There are so much things and secrets going on in these past few years.” Jongin rebutted as he emphasized the word ‘secrets’.

 

“Jongin.” Chanyeol gave Jongin a quick sign in his eyes. “It’s okay for people to have secrets unlike you who live in exposure.”

 

“Look at yourself, giant. How much more you can expose to her—hyung, your dad is here.” Jongin was about to go against Chanyeol but he spotted the car that belongs to Chanyeol’s dad.

 

“Oh, really? This is not over, Jongin, we’ll talk about this on the phone!” Chanyeol announced, “Bye president. See you on Monday.” He waved goodbye to you before entering his car and left your sight.

 

“Aish, that stupid hyung!” Jongin stomped his feet to the ground.

 

“Jongin, why did you do that?” You said in annoyed tone, “You know if Chanyeol is a curious person, he would ask us? Thankfully he is not.”

 

“What? I just want him to be aware that there are many things going on in life.” Jongin sneakily said, “And one more, eww.”

 

“What is the ‘eww’ for?”

 

“Eww” He shrugged again in disgust, “After all this while, we were fooled. You know, you and that person has obvious interaction with each other, I wonder why I can’t spot it back then.”

 

“Don’t think too much, Jongin.”

 

“I swear, I saw him winked at you during our hugging session earlier.”

 

“What? You did?” you were alarmed by Jongin’s sharpness in observing, “Then just keep quiet. He always did that when we met.”

 

“I was completely fooled.” Jongin shook his head in disbelief. He spotted a white sedan and turned to you.

 

“Look, it’s your car.” He informed you, “And about our deal, I am going to let you know tomorrow.”

 

Day 7

 

You slept a little bit late the night before thus automatically you are in lazy mode but when your phone rung, you immediately woke up from your deep slumber.

 

“Yoboseyo?” You answered the phone without even looking at the caller. You reckoned it might be anyone from the society or a teacher asking for help like they always did every weekend.

 

“President~” Ugh this familiarly annoying voice again! This voice was the last voice you heard last night in his attempt to tease you some more.

 

“What do you want, kkamjong?” You replied.

 

“Good morning!” He spoke in English. “How are you today?”

 

“Jongin, if you wake me up early in the morning just to annoy me, I think your graduation event tomorrow will be held in the hospital bed instead.” You threatened him.

 

“Hey, calm down.” He chuckled, “You see, I thought of our deal and I finally came up with a mission. During the graduation night, you have to reveal the truth to everyone. Everyone there, okay?”

 

“Jongin, I don’t know if he will agree…”

 

“Oh I am sure he will… And I have another mission; from now on you are calling me and the other boys oppa. You know, we are actually older than you at least a year so, you might as well call us oppa.”

 

“So, you want me to announce tomorrow night?” You asked again for confirmation.

 

“Yes, president, you have to. Preferably hand in hand with that person, standing on the stage where everyone can see you.”

 

“Jongin, that is—“

 

“Yah, do not forget about your ‘oppa’ mission. You can start now. You say the thing you want to say before this and add in oppa when you said Jongin.” His stupid smirk is audible even through the phone!

 

“oh Jongin… oppa, that is too much!” You protested, “Then there is no use of hiding it from people. I might as well tell everyone during the graduation tomorrow.”

 

“In front our parents and teachers? Wow you sure have a lot of boldness in you, president. Well, I don’t mind but I think that person might do. Follow what I said; you may reveal it during our graduation night.”

 

“Fine. Bye, Jongin.”

 

“Hey, repeat that again and add oppa in my name.”

 

“Better next time, kkamjong!” You hung up evilly, not bothering to hear his command.

 

***

“President, you have to come over to school and talk to the cafeteria’s staff to confirm the menu for tomorrow night. You don’t want your friends to starve that night right?” Ms. Nami said through the phone, she is the teacher who is in charge for your graduation day plus night.

 

“I thought you said you want to confirm it, ssem?”

 

“Oh, I can’t make it today president. I have an appointment this morning. So you have to go there by yourself.”

 

“All right, ssem.” You agreed to her request and hang up.

 

***

“Yes, ahjusshi, that is our confirmed menu for the night.” You nodded to the cafeteria’s staff who is in charge of providing food for your graduation night.

 

“Should I add in some other snacks for free? I mean it’s you kids’ last day in school right?” He kindly offered

 

“Oh, that would be lovely ahjusshi. Thank you so much.”

 

“All right. Congratulation on your graduation!”

 

“Thank you, ahjusshi.” You bowed and asked his permission to leave, “I’ll go first, ahjusshi.”

 

You walked through the corridor, heading to the auditorium to do some check when you bumped into someone who is very tall and… err, good-looking.

 

“Chanyeol-oppa!” You exclaimed his name, awkwardly adding ‘oppa’ as you remembered Jongin’s mission to you. You can’t help it, you already are in smiley mood whenever Chanyeol is around.

 

“Oh, hi president! Wait, what you did you say just now?” Chanyeol heard the ‘oppa’ part and was surprised at it.

 

 “Just forget I said that. What are you doing here today?” You asked him as you walked side-by-side with him along the corridor.

 

“Oh, I left my stuff in my classroom so I came to take it. How about you?”

 

“I was discussing something with the cafeteria’s staff and now, I want to do some check in our audi, you wanna come along?”

 

“Can I?”

 

“Of course you can, silly.” You chuckled and continued to talk with him some more as you both headed to the auditorium.

 

***

“What, hyung, president was there too?” Kai exclaimed through the phone.

 

“Ayy, kkamjong, can you talk softer? We are on the phone for heaven’s sake!” Chanyeol scolded him back. “Yes, she is with me.”

 

“Can you pass the phone to her?”

 

“All right!” Chanyeol turned to you, handing over his phone, “Jongin wants to talk to you.”

 

“Yah, why did you tell him I am here?” you made a face at Chanyeol. Oh, no one knows how hard it is to run away from Kai’s teasing and now, Chanyeol made the way clear for Kai?

 

“What?” You said when you first placed the phone to your ear. You were now sitting next to Chanyeol on the stage and enjoying the emptiness of the auditorium while filling it with some talk about the past years you both been through.

 

“Oho, what are you doing there with Chanyeol-hyung?” he said. You can almost imagine him saying that with his mischievous grin.

 

“None of your business, Jongin!”

 

“You should call me oppa! Or else I tell Chanyeol-hyung about it…”

 

“Yah, yah, arasso. Jongin… oppa. There! Happy?” you rolled your eyes.

 

He hooted in satisfaction, “You said there is no more work needed but why are you at the school? Will you have your secret date in school because---“

 

“Shut up before I find you and microwave you.” You warned him, “I am hanging up, bye, Jongin-oppa.” You grumpily pushed Chanyeol’s phone back to him.

 

“Whoa, you are calling Jongin oppa now?” he smiled, as if finding the matter amusing.

 

“About that boy, are you sure he has no mental problem? Or any related stuff because I can tell you he is a nutjob!”

 

“Well, he does have few screws loose but he has a good heart.” Chanyeol replied.

 

You smiled hearing his words, “How long have you 6 been friend?”

 

“I’ve known Suho-hyung and Baekhyun since elementary school, I’ve known Kyungsoo and Kai since middle school and we first met Sehun here in high school, first year. But we are all started become bestfriends in our first year here. Ah, you probably remember the noisiest boys in our batch during that year. It was us.” He said in a very proud tone.

 

“What are you so proud of?” you flicked his forehead when he suddenly grabbed your hand and looked directly into your eyes. He smiled softly before advancing forward to your face.

 

“Hey, you have brown eyes!” You immediately interrupted his attempt. “Wow, you sure have thick eyebrows.”

 

He gave his questioning and hurt look as you gather you stuff.

 

“Chanyeol, I really need to go. See you tomorrow!” You exclaimed as you leapt to your feet leaving the auditorium.

 

D-Day

 

You held your sister’s hand tightly, “I can’t believe it’s going to be over today!” You cried on her shoulder.

 

“Yah, why are you crying instead? You should be happy!” she replied, hitting your head gently. You both along your parents are heading to the city hall for your graduation ceremony.

 

“But I am going to miss them calling me ‘president’ again. When will I get used to that?” you sobbed harder.

 

“Aigoo, you are worried about that? Don’t worry, even Taemin referred you as ‘president’ whenever we talk about you. It is part of the habits of the students there calling you ‘president’ so I doubt they can change that habit easily. ”

 

“Jeongmal?” you smiled. Of course, at first you found that the ‘president’ title was kind of a burden but you did your best in doing your job thus the students trusted and showed their respect by calling you ‘president’. Suddenly, you heard the teachers’ voices echoed through your ear, the compliments they always gave to you after they called out your title, the sound of greetings from the student as you walked pass them and lastly but at the same time, oddly you hear Baekhyun’s sissy voice calling you president. Err, why Baekhyun?

 

“President~” you heard Baekhyun’s voice again. That was when you realized you were already at the entrance of the hall with Baekhyun since you both were at the entrance at the same time.

 

“Oh Baekhyun-a… oppa!” You remembered your mission and had to do it. Well, it’s your graduation day anyway so why be afraid?
 

“W-what did you say?” he was startled at your statement. Wow, really? Is this going to be everybody’s reaction when you call them oppa?

 

“Let’s go and join the others there.” You grabbed his sleeves and got separated from your sister and parents since their allocated seats are at different area and your allocated seats as the students are different.

 

***

The graduation day is almost coming to the end. After finished with the speeches from teachers and students, you were all around the auditorium looking around for people and greeting them as you gave them piece of thank you to every single one of them.

 

“President~” that annoying voice that strangely make you glad hearing them.

 

“Jongin-ah, I mean, oppa…” You jumped to hug him. Even only after a week, you and him had been so close thanks to the endless fight you both had every time you met.

 

“Here, here, let oppa give you a pat in your head for being a good school’s president.” He said while hugging you before he finally pat you in the head.

 

“Look what we got here!” Chanyeol’s loud voice interrupted your moment and suddenly pulled you away from Kai. “Jongin-ah, how could you start without us?”

 

Not long after that, the other 4 boys came after Chanyeol and spotted you in between Chanyeol and Kai. Kai gave you a knowing smirk as he pulled you closer to him.

 

“Let’s start our interrupted thank you session!” Kai held you so that you are facing directly to him, “President, thank you so much for being so patience with me, for not taking Kyungsoo and for taking care of me a lot. I will always remember the ‘thing’ you told me, at least until tonight.” You stomped on his feet suddenly realizing that what Kai said might lead to early exposure to that matter.

 

He groaned in pain as he gave way to the other boys to hug you first.

 

“President, we didn’t talk a lot but you are very kind to me. Thank you very much.” Sehun said sincerely, smiling at you happily.

 

“You too. Thanks for listening to my instruction a lot.” You replied.

 

“President, the memory of us creating a new recipe in the cooking club last year will be the most memorable moment with you. Thank you for looking out for me.” Kyungsoo tapped your shoulder before giving you thumb up.

 

“Aww, you are cute, Kyungsoo…” you said before hearing Kai clearing his throat indicating you forgot about something, “…oppa” you added at the end after hearing Kai’s signal.

 

“President…” Baekhyun suddenly turned teary when he was about to say something.

 

“Aww, don’t cry, little Baekhyun.” You pulled him into another deep hug, “You did great these past few days, you listened to me a lot, too. Without your presence, our preparation days might be boring because I have no one to tease, thank you for being so patient, Baekhyun-oppa.”

 

You understand, the emotions around there are overwhelming, you saw some girls started to cry even before the ceremony begin and some boys who claimed themselves to be ‘cool’ are giving deep hug to each other as if not wanting to let go for they have gone through so much together.

 

Baekhyun didn’t even said anything but look at you in the eyes, not caring if the other boys will for crying after this. He gave you a look and you understand what he wanted to say; a sincere ‘thank you’.

 

“I want to go first, hyung.” Chanyeol pushed Suho away to be the first one among the two of them to say few things to you.  Of course, actually, he wants to be the first one among the six of them, but traitor Kim Jongin had gone first.

 

“President, you helped me a lot during these few days so I would love to say thank you so much and…” he looked at you right in the eyes.

 

“Save the other thing for tonight, hyung. You can only say ‘thank you’ now.” Sehun warned. You don’t quite get what he meant but ignore it anyway.

 

“Arasso. President!” He smiled and before you know it, his lips touched your forehead. In front of all people. You immediately looked at him with dumbfounded look, confused at his action.

 

“Yah.”

 

“Wah, that is definitely cheating!”

 

“Can you do that?”

 

“You okay president?”

 

“Chanyeol-ah!”

 

The 5 voices protested after Chanyeol let go. He smiled happily and patted your head.

 

“President! President!” Suho’s voice brought you back to reality. You shyly looked to the ground before turning to Suho, facing him.

 

“You okay?” he smiled.

 

“Never been better.” You answered sheepishly. Kai stood behind you and suddenly gave you a secret nudge on your back. You just rolled your eyes in return, pursing your lips in annoyance.

 

“We have been a great duo for this year and I think I work the best with you. Thank you for teaching me a lot, for listening to my ideas and for being so considerate to me at all times.” He took your hand and turned to the other boys, giving them an eye signal before kissing your hand gently.

 

“What the?”

 

“Cheater!”

 

“Ayy, is that even allowed?”

 

“You too, hyung?”

 

“Yah, Kim Junmyeon!”

 

You gave Suho the same look you gave Chanyeol just now. Confused and dumbfounded were written all over your face. The boys all burst into laughter seeing your reaction. They move forward and tried to kiss you as well before you flicked them on forehead one by one.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” you gritted your teeth in annoyance, “Move over, I need to see other people.”

 

You scanned your eyes around the crowds and saw Naeun was trailing Taemin from behind, probably wanting to take pictures with him. Nice timing! You grinned as you dialed a number on the phone. Time to see some cat fight!

 

“Unnie, Naeun…” you began and before you even continued your words, she replied quickly.

 

“Arasso, I am heading your way.” You giggled in excitement as you heard hint of anger in her tone. Time for some good show, don’t you think?
 

You waited for a while before you spotted your sister in her baby blue short dress, carrying a bouquet of flower with her waving towards you… without any smile. “Where are they?”

 

You sneakily pointed to the left where one can see Naeun backhugging Taemin while he in return trying to escape while looking around, probably searching for the glimpse of your unnie, “Look there. Oh my god, look at them, don’t they look so adorable together?” you purposely adding fuel to her already burning heart.

 

She blew her fringe and shot you a gaze, “If I am not going home tonight, tell mom I am in jail for violence act in public.” And that’s when you know, this episode is going to be interesting.

 

“Do not hurt her face, all right? She still needs to go for the party tonight!” you reminded her as you stayed at the place where you can see the whole thing.

 

Your sister went to approach Taemin and Naeun. Taemin was shocked and looked uncomfortable because he knows even he can’t control your sister when she has that look on her face. He looked out for you and sent a signal to which you shrugged shoulder as a reply, signaling that even you can’t do anything.

 

“What a shameless girl. What do you think you are doing to this guy in public? You know the parents are watching?” your sister pointed to Naeun.

 

“None of your business. Moreover this guy is my boyfriend; I don’t see anything wrong with hugging him in public.”

 

“Whoa, that is a little bit too much, Naeun. You may touch me here and there but admitting me as your boyfriend is just pushing it.” Taemin denied Naeun’s statement, “Let me introduce you properly, Naeun. This girl is my girlfriend, the one that actually owns me.”

 

“Wha-what?” Naeun clicked her tongue in shock, “You- she- what?”

 

“You heard him, I am his girlfriend so excuse us, we need some privacy.” Your unnie rolled her eyes.

 

“Taemin-ah, you are doing this to make me jealous, right? I mean, really, look at her, she is just a normal girl and you can do better than this. Where did you meet her? Along the street? I just won’t accept it if you say I am actually defeated by this kind of girl.”

 

“Yah!” your unnie was ready to jump on Naeun, her hands were ready grabbed Naeun’s hair or maybe scratch her face but Taemin stopped her.

 

“Baby, don’t! I know you are your teacher’s best student but you can’t just show the Taekwondo skills he taught you on inexperienced people. Let’s go somewhere else, hmm?” he held your unnie tightly on her waist, assuring her with his sweet words.

 

You pursed your lips watching that. Your unnie is easily melted with Taemin’s words and they were already walking around the hall hand-in-hand. Ah, Taemin is such a killjoy. You sighed at the lost.