Day 4 & 5

Graduation Night Prep Team

Day 4

 

“Oy, Park Chanyeol” you began after watching him from far quite awhile.

 

He turned around almost immediately and gave you the most beautiful smile in the world. His eyes scrunched in happiness, his dimple showed up and his face shone. It’s his tendency to smile actually which give him the friendly image among the school kingkas, opposite with the mysterious Oh Sehun who only smiles around his hyungs.

 

“Yeap, president?”

 

“Can you help Jong In to put those bulbs to the ceiling, since you are tall. Apparently I just found out that Jong In guy is useless. He just afraid to fell down and ruined his so-called pretty face. Besides he’s not tall enough to put them on even after climbing the tallest stair we have,” you looked him from head to toe. His tall figure and slender body is the best out of the best, he is lean and firm, his shoulders are broad… whoops, spazzing again!

 

He let out his boyish laugh and nodded, “Alright,”

 

You both went to where Kai was standing impatiently; fiddling with the wires he was supposed to hang along the bulbs as he talked with the girls from the student’s council.

 

“Talking about the devil,” he said as he caught a glimpse of you. The girls, as usual, ran to continue their work which was interrupted by Kai’s popular bragging.

 

“Yah, I told you to wait here!” you slapped his hand, “Not flirting with the girls! You know how much trouble it is for them that their work were interrupted by you?”

 

“They love to hear my stories! I can’t help it. If there’s anybody who is willing to listen to it, I’ll tell them no matter,” Kai’s winked to the girls who were standing together spazzing after him. You just gave a disgusted look and peeked to see Chanyeol’s reaction, he smiled… again!

 

“I am not gonna tolerate this anymore. After you finish with this, you are going to work outside with the other boys,”

 

“But, there’s sun outside! And that means UV rays, in case you don’t know! You know how dangerous UV rays are? They are enough to make your skin damage and the melanin ins— ,” he placed his hand around his face patting them gently, “Ah-ah ouch, ouch, that hurts!”

 

Park Chanyeol just put Kim Jong In in a headlock! You smiled and looked for what Chanyeol would do next.

 

“Finish with your talk, Kaiser rolls?”

 

“Hey, giant, let go of me!”

 

Chanyeol bowed to you as his arms still around Kai’s neck, “I’m so sorry on behalf of him. I know you may find him useless but his intentions are always good,”

 

“Giant, let go of me. I’m telling KyungSoo on you,” Kai managed to utter words even though he was trying hard to catch his breath, “KYUNGSO—uhuk, uhuk” he coughed.

 

“Yah, you are going to kill him like that!” you said to Chanyeol as you saw Kai turned red.

 

Chanyeol let go of him obeying your words.

 

“I am going to break your teeth,” Kai said to Chanyeol.

 

“Yah, who are you to threaten people?” you said, pissed, “I am going to roast you in the oven if I ever caught you flirting with the girls again or… actually taking Kyungsoo would make you suffer?”

 

“Arasso, arasso, president! You may take the girls but not Kyungsoo. Without him, no one will cook for me and if there’s no food, the mighty Kim Jong In would die in a tragic death!” he made a sad face and shook his head in disagreement, “No, no, no. My fans would be sad!”

 

“So, listen up,” you patted his back and rubbed his head, “Help Chanyeol to hang these bulbs and your Kyungsoo would be safe, or else I would hire him to be my personal chef in my house and you will never see him again,”

 

Kai nodded immediately, “arasso, president!”

 

Chanyeol and you looked at each other and smiled secretly.

 

“Jong In, go get the toolbox inside the store,” you said to Kai.

 

“Alright I’ll be back,”

 

You turned your attention back to Chanyeol who was on the stair sitting on it.

 

“No, not that one,” you pointed to the ceiling as Chanyeol worked on to adjust the bulbs to where your hand pointed, “Yeap, that’s it… A little left, left, left, LEFT! That’s your RIGHT, silly! Ugh, no, no, no! Yah, come down here!”

 

Chanyeol obediently climbed down the stairs to face the frustrated you fixing your specs.

 

“I’ll show you. Look carefully,” you climbed the stairs and pointed to few directions, “it’s here, silly! Here. The next bulbs would be here and after that it would be there. The design should be firework shape like whoa… whoa... who-WHOA!!” you lost the grip of the stairs and lost your balancing.

 

“President!” Chanyeol who was down on the ground panicked seeing you trying hard to regain your balance as he opened his hand wide, ready to catch you if you fall.

 

Damn it, this stair won’t stay! Stay, stair, stay! You grabbed the staircase again as you regain your balance.

 

“Fuhh, that was close! President, be careful!” Chanyeol shouted from below, “How could you let go of that stair?”

 

“Mian…” you sighed in relief before you apologize, “You are shocked right? Mian…”

 

“Aish, come back down here before another accident happen!”

 

You obeyed as you still feel scared and panicked.

 

“You could have fall, you know! There could have been a major accident! Why did you let go of the stairs, you dummy? You are so… Aish! I can’t even curse!” he looked you in the eyes. His nose flared in anger, his face turned red.

 

Beads formed at the end of your eyes. Aish, this guy! Rather than making you feel good, he made you feel bad instead.

 

“I just… I lost grip because I want to show you my idea and I—hey wait! Why are you scolding me?” your fierce self has returned! “You should be glad that no accident happened. You should be thankful that I hold that stair as soon as possible. But why are you scolding me instead? And what you just called me? Dummy? How dare you?”

 

“Because I- but still, you shouldn’t let go of the stair!”

 

You folded your arms in protest, rolled your eyes and faced away from him,

 

“Yah, are you angry now?” He peeked at your face, “Mianhae. Hmm? Mianhae. I took back the dummy word. Please don’t do this to me,”

 

“I-I’m fine,” you said without emotion, “Go and continue your work,”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Just continue. I’m fine,” you stood by the stair as you watched Chanyeol taking another batch of bulbs from the box. You smiled secretly as you saw his guilty self, frowning as he searched for the bulbs.

 

Suddenly,

 

“Annyeong!” a soft voice interrupted your thoughts.

 

You were startled and immediately looked where the voice came from. Oh no, not now!

 

“Oh, Na Eun, annyeong!”

 

Your rival, Son Na Eun had just arrived. One thing common about both of you are… pretentious! Although both of you are aware that you hate each other but still pretend to be kind to each other. Both trying to show-off what they are good at, in a very polite manner even though both already reached boiling point doing so.

 

“What are you doing now?”

 

“Oh, preparing for the graduation night in case you are blind to see, of course,”

 

“Must be tired right? Being school’s president who is graduating soon yet have to prepare it by herself. Sometimes, I do feel lucky that I didn’t get accepted to the student’s community. Now, I know, being busy people is not my thing. Look at you poor thing,” she caressed your face, “Your face turned rough because of fatigue. Oh gee, I can’t even…,”

 

“Oh,” you smiled as you pushed her hand off your face, “No, actually it’s fun in here rather than reading fashion magazines all day and gossiping about boys. Even interesting than chasing after boys or spending your money on useless things such as the expensive shoes that even you cannot wear since your leg is as huge as elephant!” you said referring to her personality in full sarcasm.

 

“Fun? I doubt so. Woah, it’s so cold in here. The heater is not working, right? I can’t even stand here longer,”

 

“So, how about leaving this audi and go inside your room with fully-working heater?”

 

“Hehe, actually I want to say hi to you. But anyway, for this graduation night, who are you going with?”

 

“Umm… why should I go with someone? I am in charge that night.”

 

“Oh I see you are confused. In other events, yes, you are in charge. But in graduation night, no! You know why? You have graduated! You are no longer bounded to school! You are normal student that night. Or are you saying no one asked you yet?”

 

“Tch… Of course someone had,” you looked around to see if there’s a boy who would be with you to lie to Na Eun. Suddenly you remembered someone, just beside you, still searching for the bulbs. Bingo, Park Chanyeol! You took him by the hand to make him stand straight next to you, “Chanyeol is going with me. Right?”

 

“What?” He said looking confused before he caught your eye signal saying that he should join your act, “Oh… Yeah!”

 

“Ah…,” Naeun nodded as her attempt to embarrass you even more failed as Chanyeol nodded.

 

“President, here’s the toolbox!” Kai suddenly come after completing your instructions.

 

“President, where is Jong In—ah, there you are!” KyungSoo came along with Sehun who waved to you.

 

“President, the banner is almost finished. Do you want to see it?” Suho came along, his sleeves raised up and on his face, left some colour stains.

 

“President, I heard there’s accident happened to you just now! OMG, are you okay?” Byun Baekhyun the sissy boy came as he palmed his face.

 

“WHAT? WHAT ACCIDENT?” the four others excluding Baekhyun and Chanyeol said in unison.

 

Just like a cue, all of the school’s favourite boys came to you all in once. You peeked to see Naeun’s expression who turned bitter since she thought these boys came to you to see her.

 

“GUYS, shush!” you hushed them and turned to Naeun.

 

“Excuse me, Naeun. I need to discuss with these boys,” you turned your back at her and instructed the boys to do different things.

 

“Thank you, kkamjong! Now you may help to tighten some loose screw,” you said to Kai.

 

“Kyungsoo, if Jong In is not obedient to me, you are going to be my personal chef! And hello, Sehun!” you informed D.O and waved to Sehun back.

 

“Yeap, Suho. I’ll come to see them later. Just wait for me there,” you nodded to Suho.

 

“Thank you for worrying about me Baekhyun. I thought you are going to sit on the bench right there mumbling to yourself as if you are going to be an eyeliner’s CF’s model,” you tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

“To all of you, I am fine except the fact that this tall guy screamed at me just now,” you pointed to Chanyeol.

 

“MWO? HOW DARE YOU SCREAM AT HER?” the other 5 yelled at Chanyeol who was biting his nails.

 

“I don’t- but hey, I was panicked at the time! There could have been a major accident, you know!” Chanyeol defend himself.

 

“THERE COULD HAVE BEEN A MAJOR ACCIDENT, YOU KNOW!” they continued yelling at you.

 

You were surprised at their reaction after Chanyeol talked, “But that didn’t give him right to scream at me!”

 

“THAT DIDN’T GIVE YOU RIGHT TO SCREAM AT HER!” they turned to Chanyeol.

 

“And anything didn’t give her right to let go of that stair!” Chanyeol replied.

 

“WHY DID YOU LET GO OF THE STAIR?”  They yelled at you.

 

“Aish, stop it!” You stopped them, “Go back to where you were! I’ll get to all of you later. Now, shoo!”

 

“Yeah, SHOO!” Baekhyun shooed the boys away.

 

“You too, Byun! Go away!” You pointed to his face.

 

“Why? I just want to—hey, where are you going to take me?” Suho and Sehun pulled him away from you and brought him somewhere else.

 

Everything’s under control!” Suho said before he finally disappeared from your view dragging with him and Sehun, poor little Baekhyun.

 

“Whoops, I need to go for my extra class. Park Chanyeol, if you want me to forgive you, make sure you tell everyone involved to practice on their own. I’m not coming back here after my class so make sure everything is under control when I leave, or else,” you instructed Chanyeol. You turned around and saw Naeun still amazed at how you can have the 6 favourite boys of the school under your control.

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

“Nah, actually my boyfriend is looking for me, oh there he is,” she was referring to the guy whom she had crush on; Lee Taemin, another school’s favourite boy. You rolled your eyes as you heard the boyfriend statement she made because Taemin is not dating her. This is confirmed because Taemin is dating another girl of the neighbor school and the girl is none other than, your big sister. They dated secretly therefore no one knows what’s their real status are.

 

“Boyfriend my ,” you mumbled to yourself as you saw her walking towards Taemin in the girliest way ever. You turned back to Chanyeol who was looking at you carefully and when your eyes met his, he looked away immediately.

 

“Hey giant,” you called Chanyeol, “I have to go now. Tell Suho I’m going home first,”

 

“But I thought you want to meet the Exo-K?” you heard Suho voice from faraway.

 

“Tomorrow, I will! Junmyeon, I go first alright? Control everything in here!” you directed him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 5

 

“Look, we have two more days to pull this off, I want everyone to give full cooperation and make sure any work planned to be finished today can successfully be done today,” you said as everyone gather around you. You looked at every single faces near you as much as possible and give them motivation to work harder. This is one of the many reasons that the school recognized you as the best school’s president so far.

 

“Do you understand?” you asked and immediately obtained an enthusiastic yes from the students, “Okay, let’s start working!”

 

“President, where do you think we should place this banner at the side of the stage or at the entrance?” Suho approached you as he brought the banner around.

 

“The stage,” you gave instruction without thinking. This is because of the decoration plan you did 2 days ago.

 

“Hmm, JunMyeon?” you called him, “you got paint on your face,” you walked closely to him and grabbed towel from him hand and patted it gently to his face, “Damn, it won’t go away. There’s some gas oil under the stair, it might help,”

 

“Err, thanks, president,” he answered as he went away from you.

 

“President!” the sissiest boy on Earth approached you, “you want to try the eyeliner I just bought yesterday?”

 

“Why would I?”

 

“I never see you with make up so I want to see if you look good in this eyeliner,” he showed an elongated figure of the eyeliner pencil.

 

“Thanks but no thanks,” you denied his request and continue to work on the lists of invited guests for the night.

 

“Presideeeeeent~,” he pleaded as his voice changed into cute tone.

 

You rolled your eyes in return, “Byun, don’t do this. You want me to break that thing apart?” you threatened him as you pointed to his eyeliner pencil.

 

“Haha,” he laughed nervously, “Please don’t be like this, president~ I mean, maybe with this you and the guy you love will...,” he trailed his words and looked at your reaction.

 

. Does this mean he know something about you and that person? You thought silently. “What do you know about the guy I love? Do you even know who he is?” You asked him strongly.

 

“Whoa, so there is obviously someone you like,” he smirked.

 

“No, there is not!” you firmly said.

 

“The stronger your voice is, the less convinced I am that there is not,” he added.

 

“Well, seems that you know something. Tell me about it…,” you folded your arms and waited for his answer. There is no way he would notice about your feelings towards that guy. Is it too noticeable?

 

“You like this person who-,” Baekhyun’s words were interrupted by a soft voice.

 

“President likes someone?” Suho interrupted from the back. Oh, not now, Kim Junmyeon…

 

“No, no, no it’s nothing like that…” You immediately denied it as you tapped his shoulder, assuring him the fact.

 

“Okay okay,” Suho smiled at you, “Sorry if my little Bacon did something that made you uncomfortable,”

 

“Ugh, hyung, stop calling me bacon!” Baekhyun protested in return as he heard Suho’s words.

 

“Aww, little Bacon, don’t you look cute stomping your feet on the ground and pouting like 5 year old kid?” you said, treating Baekhyun as a kid, playfully teasing him.

 

“You too, president?” Baekhyun face-palmed his face in disbelief.

 

“I know right, president, isn’t he cute? That’s why I want to put him inside my pocket so that he won’t escape and won’t bother anyone’s life anymore,” Suho butted in.

 

“Junmyeon, I was thinking the same way!” I chuckled playing along with them.

 

“Wow, I’ve never seen you smile like this, president. I guess we can be comedians, hyung,” Baekhyun smiled happily, complimenting his sense of humor.

 

“What do you mean comedian? Then you’re going alone,” Junmyeon grabbed a bottle of water and looked at you, “Everything’s under control, president,” he smiled and went away.

 

Glad it is,” you nodded and pushed Baekhyun’s arm lightly to make your way escaping yourself from him, “Work, prince disease! Work!”

 

***

“Oi, giant,” you walked towards him who was concentrating on his assigned work.

 

“Oh hey president,” his deep voice greeted you back. His eyes are now looking at you. He was actually handling some machine in the technical section but stopped at the sight of you.

 

“Hey Chanyeol, about the graduation night…,” You began, feeling a bit embarrassed, “I am sorry, I just had to tell Naeun that I am going with you but really you don’t have to go with me. I know you might have someone you want to ask.”

 

His expression changed in a split second, “Why? I mean, I really want to go with you. Like really! Even if you didn’t tell Naeun that we are going together, I will still ask you.”

 

You were slightly touched by his words but slapped yourself mentally to regain your conscious, “Umm… err, fine. But I will not be around you throughout the night. Don’t say I didn’t warn you…

 

“It’s all right. As long as we are going together.” He happily replied as he continued on his work.

 

“President~,” A voice suddenly called you out. When you turned you saw another school’s favourite boys but rarely hung out with the famous, Lee Taemin.

 

“What?” You firmly asked him. You never actually talk to him in school but suddenly he started first, something must had happened… it better not be anything involving the props because you worked hard to borrow them.

 

He grinned faintly, “President… I spilled a bit.”

 

“What do you mean?” You frowned at his words. See? You saw this coming!

 

“I spilled paint on the floor, hehe, don’t worry too much, Suho-hyung told me to report to you.” He grinned.

 

“You what?” You grabbed his ears, “You come here and show me. Bye Chanyeol!” You bid goodbye to the busy Chanyeol not far from you as you dragged Taemin to where you assorted him to work at, which is near the stage. He was supposed to paint the faded paint near the stage.

 

When you arrived there, you saw the area near the stage and some part of the stage was covered with blue paint, that was when you pinched his ears more hardly.

 

“President, president, my ear!” He exclaimed in pain.

 

“You called this ‘a bit’?” You asked him in disbelief before you let go of his red ears. “Aigoo, why can’t all of you work more carefully?”

 

“Sorry, I accidently kicked the paint can when I was painting.” He explained his situation to prevent himself from getting scolded even more.

 

“Aish…” You heard him. You know this kind of accident cannot be avoided and the fact that he actually came to you to report about that made you want to forget the intention of scolding him. “Nevermind, come with me and get some help from the cleaner!” you left the auditorium with him.

 

This gave a way for the 6 boys to practice like usual. They dirtily asked Taemin to spill the paint and actually the plan work without even further discussion.

 

***

“So, how is your unnie?” Taemin asked, his cheek blushed when he mentioned about his girlfriend.

 

“She’s good. She asked me to tell you not to be around Naeun so much.”

 

“Naeun? Aigoo, that girl, I swear she is a stalker! She knows where I usually hang out at outside the school and that’s why I can’t go on date with your unnie.”

 

“Why do you guys need to hide your relationship?”

 

“My parents, you know how strict they are, right? If they know I am dating, do you think they will let me live freely like right now?”

 

“Ah, so that’s why….” You nodded as you approached a cleaner asking him to help you to handle with the spilled paint on the auditorium. You gave a sign to Taemin to follow the cleaner to take the equipment to clean while you return to the auditorium.

 

“As you are here, we might as well take the equipment together… Who knows they might be heavy.” He said to you suddenly remembering his deal with the Exo-K boys to distract you as much time as possible.

 

“Taemin, I really need to return to the audi…” you protested but failed when Taemin’s grip around your wrist tightened as he grinned to you sheepishly.

 

***

“Mwo? President likes someone?” The boys excluding Suho and Baekhyun asked in unison, dazed in disbelief at the news that Baekhyun delivered to them.

 

“Ayy, really? I doubt it.” Kai said. He wiped off the sweat on his forehead.

 

“No, it can be, Jongin. She has some sense of control now, remember how much more hotheaded person she was last few years?” Sehun pointed out.

 

“Whoever that person is, he must be the lucky one.” Chanyeol said, playing with his fingers while looking at the ground.

 

“I am curious as it can be. We must ask her more detail after she arrives later.” Baekhyun fan himself with his hands.

 

The 6 of them were standing together at the end corner of the stage, after they finished with their quick practice and were enjoying their boy talk regarding you.

 

“Why are you guys so curious about her liking someone? She is a human, too, you know?” Suho interrupted.

 

“Aigoo, I don’t understand this hyung the most, one time, you cursed her saying she is disrespectful and stuff and other time, you defend her saying she is fair and correct.” Kyungsoo frustratingly said as he scratched his non-itchy hair.

 

“Boys, what are you doing right there?” your voice interrupted their talk.

 

“Talking about the devil.” Kai muttered under his breath.

 

“You guys are supposed to work, you know?” You climbed the stair to step on the stage and joined the 6 boys, ready to scold them on the spot, “Is everything under control, Junmyeon?”

 

“Of course, everything is under control.” Suho answered you.

 

“President, we are just curious…” Sehun began, “Do you really have someone you like?”

 

“What the—Baekhyun, you told them that?” You turned to Baekhyun.

 

“It cannot be helped!” Baekhyun defend himself. “The guys were curious, all right?”

 

“But really, do you?” Kai added.

 

“Why are you guys so curious?” You folded your arms in protest.

 

“Guys, stop! You are making president uncomfortable.” Suho tried to control his 5 bestfriends.

 

“Oh come on president, you know we can be trusted.” Kyungsoo grinned, “Just tell us if he is here or not?”

 

“Fine… I will tell you but you have to follow my order if I boss you around, all right?” you finally agreed to talk about it. Plus, you are not going to expose the person right away so giving hints couldn’t possibly harm you, right?

 

“Yes, sir!” the 5 boys exclaimed in excitement. Suho showed his disagreed face, clearly showing that he is not involved in the 5 boys’ plan.

 

“Yes, he is here. In this auditorium, not very far from us.” You finally said, “Do not make quick speculation. I won’t answer if you ask me who he is.”

 

“Is he tall?” Chanyeol asked, excitedly.

 

“God, if I answer that, it will be a giveaway.” You refused to answer.

 

“So, he is tall, right?” Baekhyun gave his sly smirk, showing he seemed to gain some hint from your words.

 

“I don’t know… If you wish you to believe that, then it’s up to you.” you answered, shrugging your shoulder.

 

“Oh come on! Then, what is he good at?” Sehun asked you.

 

“Nothing. Practically nothing. He is basically useless.”

 

“Ay, how could you like someone who is useless? I believe he is good at something, maybe in academic?” Suho added. Ah, even Kim Junmyeon is tempted to join in this chat?

 

“Well, maybe, I don’t know. Okay, boys, we are done with this talk, now, will you work harder?” you smiled

 

The boys groaned in protest as they scattered around the auditorium to continue their work.

 

***

“Seems like you are no longer curious about the Exo-K boys anymore, president?” You are walking side by side with Suho.

 

“Yeah, I will be able to see them in next two days anyway…” You finally gave up. Deeply hoping that that group wouldn’t spoil anything during the night.