Day 2 & 3

Graduation Night Prep Team

DAY 2

 

You walked inside the auditorium for another preparation when you were welcomed by the sound of people cheering.

 

“I got you under my skin~ Neon nareul wonhae, neon naege battjeo~” a line of DBSK’s Mirotic have been sung by a person with a deep voice.

 

You rolled your eyes and shouted, “Whoever it is, get away from the freaking mic!”

 

Immediately, the students spread around and continued their work at your entrance. You walked to where the mic was and saw a tall familiar figure.

 

“Hey,” you glared at him, “you are supposed to do the mic test not freaking do some talent show!”

 

“I’m sorry, president,”

 

You glanced at his face since his head was down since you arrived. Damn, Park Chanyeol looked too fine. “You are not from the student’s council right?”

 

He nodded, “Kim Suho asked me to help him for this preparation especially with the technical,”

 

“Kim Suho my . His name is JunMyeon! Ugh just name me a thing he can do by himself! Ugh, why did he ask you to help with the technical? Are you good at it?”

 

“I think so. I handled bigger events before and well, most of them ran smoothly with my help,”

 

“Wow. You are just 18, how did you—“

 

“My father owned an electronic and musical instruments shop so I helped him quite a lot and I learned as I work,”

 

You nodded, “Tell me, who else did Suho bring here?”

 

“He brought quite a lot, president. There’s Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun, Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo and some who just came today,”

 

“Tell me, they didn’t persuade those people to come himself right? Who did he ask to call those people?”

 

“Me,”

 

“There you go. You are not just in charge of technical but a social supporter. Kim Junmyeon, a member of student council who is hopeless in communication,” you sighed, “Continue with your work. Don’t, I repeat, don’t, for God’s sake, sing again, arasso?”

 

“Ne, president!” he answered in enthusiasm

 

“KIM JUNMYEON!” You half-shouted to the name’s owner who was busy at the moment analyzing the stage’s decoration. You were standing near the stage staircase as he was standing at the end of the stage making shouting an appropriate method to communicate.

 

“NE, PRESIDENT?”
 

“ARE THE PERFORMERS READY?”

“YES, THEY ARE HERE! BEHIND THE STAGE!”

 

“I HOPE EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL!”

 

“IT IS, PRESIDENT, DON’T WORRY!”
 

You nodded as you walked behind of the stage, “Song Qian, gimme the performers lists,” you said to the older girl who was standing next to the curtain.

 

“Here it is, president,” she showed the lists and gave it to you. Your lifted your left eyebrow and said to her, “So you are performing back with f(x)! I thought you are going to perform with your ballet team,”

 

“Yeap, I’m performing with both,”

 

“Good luck with that,” you tapped her shoulder, “Come here and join the others, I need to take your attendance,”

 

You roamed your eyes along the performers group who showed up that evening, “If you are present, please raise up your hand,”

 

“F(x)? Present. Shinee? Present. School’s ballet team? Present. School’s hiphop dance club? Present. School’s band? Present. School’s traditional music club? Present. And 5 are doing individual performance right? Where are they? 1, 2… All present. Exo-K? Exo-K? Exo-K?” you repeated the last team’s name over and over but you saw no arm being raised. You walked to the stage and yelled to the end of the stage, “Kim Suho!”

 

You tapped your feet to the ground following to the random beat you have created in total impatient as you saw the owner of the name making his way towards you.

 

You rolled your eyes as you remembered how he is in other students’ eyes. He is one of the school’s kingkas. Gifted with handsome face, milky white complexion, a black shiny hair and also, brain, he is the man with many fangirls around the school although number of Byun Baekhyun’s fanclub’s members beat his.

 

“Yes, president?”

 

“This Exo-K group, where are they? I thought I told you I want to see them during rehearsal today?”

 

“Oh, actually they have class this afternoon. They’ll be here, though. Probably in 10 minutes,” Suho explained, “Ah, president, please let the other rehearse first, I’ll get them,”

 

“Arasso,” you nodded going back to backstage and evaluate the performers’ performance and asking their idea of decorating the stage following their own preference for their individual performance.

 

Suddenly your shoulder was tapped by a hand, “Yes?”

 

“Sunbaenim,”

 

You looked at the person. Stand before you, a beautiful young lady with her hair down and her milky white skin radiates as she smiled “Yes, Jung Soo Jung?”

 

“Jung Yunho-ssem wanted to discuss with you in the teacher’s staffroom now,”

 

“About what?”

 

“I don’t know,” Soo Jung told you, “I have to go now, sunbaenim,”

 

***

Suho saw Soo Jung walked out from the auditorium and saw her giving him an ‘okay’ sign,

 

“Thanks, Krystal,”

 

“No problem, sunbaenim,”

 

***

You walked through the corridor few minutes after Soo Jung left and eventually reached the teacher’s staffroom and you walked your way quickly to Jung Yunho-ssem’s table.

 

You saw Yunho-ssem with another male teacher, Shim Changmin-ssem, chatting with each other and laughing as they sipped their coffee once in a while. You immediately bowed when you saw them both.

 

“Look, hyung. It’s school’s president,” Changmin-ssem said to Yunho-ssem.

 

Yunho-ssem turned around and faced you, “Ne, president. What is it?”

 

“I was told you want to meet me?”

 

“What? I never- Did you, Changmin?” Yunho-ssem turned to Changmin-ssem.

 

Changmin-ssem looked at Yunho-ssem and shook his head, “No, I didn’t,”

 

You lifted your eyebrows in surprise. You were sure Jung Soo Jung told you to meet him or did she lie? No, no, no, she is your favourite hoobae, she won’t do that.

 

“Ah, as you are here, how about you help for a few minutes. Can you help me to deliver message to the students in my class? Tell them I have to attend meeting in few minutes so I can’t come. Tell them to do exercise page 394 and ask Min Soo to collect it at the end of the lesson and ask him to put on my table. Can you president?” Yunho-ssem said.

 

“Of course, sir,” you bowed at him and left.

 

***

“Oy, come on! She’ll be back any time soon!” Suho urged the other 5 to hurry up. Their rehearsal had to be done there no matter what since the other performers have had done it.

 

“Arasso,” Kai replied as he came out of the curtain and turned back, “Byun Baekhyun, for heaven’s sake, we’re just rehearsing! Stop with that eyeliner!”

 

“Aish this Kim Jong In, mind your own business!” Baekhyun said as he looked at the mirror and gave the last touch to his already perfect eyeliner under his eyes, “Where’s maknae?”

 

“I am here, hyung!” Sehun replied about to come out from the curtain.

 

“Do Kyungsoo, would you stop reading that recipe book already?” Chanyeol looked at D.O in annoyance before he pulled the book and placed it somewhere higher, where D.O can’t reach. Well, about that, thanks to his tallness and D.O’s shortness not so tallness.

 

“But, I need to cook tonight. Oh, come on, after looking at that recipe, my Hawaiian Loco Moco would be perfect,” D.O jumped to grab the recipe book.

 

“YAHHH!” uh-oh, that is Suho’s voice when his leader instinct comes out. Although people often labeled him as the leader no one listen to but when he feels like being leader, his strictness come out easily.

 

“COMING!” The other four who were behind the curtain came out to meet Kai and Suho and they started rehearsing immediately.

 

***

You came out from the class that Yunho-ssem asked you to enter after finish delivering all the messages he asked you to. It only took you less than a second to control the class since they all ran to their own seats and froze like a mannequin upon your entrance. That is all because you are one of the most respected students in the school and the other students gave you a lot of nicknames, ‘witch’ and ‘tigress’ for instance because of your strictness and merciless punishments whenever people committed mistakes.

 

You walked quickly to the auditorium to continue the inspection as you believed Suho would already be back with the Exo-K group

 

***

The six bowed as they finished their quick performance and immediately went back to continue their work.

 

You entered the auditorium lazily and immediately approached Suho.

 

“Where are they?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Geez, the Exo-K group!”

 

“Oh, actually they rehearsed when you went up to Jung-ssem. Then I asked them to stay and wait for you but they said they are in hurry so I said they have to meet you tomorrow,”

 

You sighed, “Alright. Thanks,”

 


DAY 3

“Here,” you placed the paper on the table Chanyeol worked on, “the finalized technical effect the performers wanted. Can you do it?”

 

“I thought you want to show Suho first?”

 

“Nah, no need. Since you are in charge I think I should show you directly,”

 

He grabbed the lists when he accidentally touched your hand. You were so surprised you withdraw your hand quickly and the lists hit the floor.

 

“Sorry,” both of you said in unison. You ducked to the floor as you wanted to get the list before you saw him ducking as well so you stood up quickly letting him get it himself.

 

Chanyeol checked upon the list and said, “Is this all?”

 

“No, not really. Some group whom I’ve never heard before haven’t report to me. Aish, that Kim Junmyeon didn’t even bother jotting down the effect that group wanted,”
 

“Who is it?”

 

“Exo-K. Sheesh, I don’t even know how good they are and yet people called them the promising band of the school!”

 

Chanyeol choked as he heard you words and grabbed a bottle of water quickly.

 

You looked at him, “Do you know who they are? How they look like? How good they are?”

 

Chanyeol just shrugged, “I don’t really know,” as he let out his nervous chuckle. “Umm, I need to go to check some of the equipment in the store so I have to go now,”

 

“Oh, okay,” you nodded. You left and walked around until your sharp eyes caught someone.

 

“KKAMJONG!” You shouted his nickname as you saw him sitting on the bench with some girls from the student’s community surrounding him. You eavesdropped before you interrupt him though that he is enjoying the dancing class and said if it weren’t for he was offered to enter the hockey club, he would end up in the school’s hiphop dance club.

 

The girls were startled hearing your loud voice and immediately stood up and proceed to where they supposed to be. Kai was startled as well and immediately stood up waiting for you to come to him as he scratched his head.

 

“Hehehe. Hi, president! How are you today?” he looked at you smiling sheepishly.

 

“Yah, Suho brought you here to help him. Not seducing girls!”

 

“No, actually Suho-hyung brought me here to prac—, “he gasped and stopped talking.

 

“To what?”

 

“To err… er… Ah, practice to be around important people such as school’s community!”

 

“By flirting?”

 

“Aniyo~” he smiled a little. “But what did you call me just now? KkamJong? OMG, only my fans know about that nickname of mine! Are you one as well?” he squealed.

 

“You wish, Kim Jong In, you wish!” you pursed your lips. “Well, people call you like that, right? Why is that?”

 

“They call me like that because of my y tanned skin,” he lifted his right sleeve and showed his hand and caressed them with the other hand, “They look tempting right? Not anyone can have y tanned skin like this, you see.”

 

“Aigoo,” you pushed his head lightly and grabbed him by his collar. “Come.”

 

“Where are you dragging me?”

 

“Here,” you let go and shoved him a box, “This is the bulbs for the lights up there. Check all the bulbs and replaced the bulbs that won’t light up with this. The colour must be the same, alright?”

 

“Ne, president,”

 

“Don’t flirt around anymore or I’ll report you to the teacher,”

 

***

“Aish, how do we rehearse with her around?” Suho grumbled as he sat at the corner, starting on the banner for the graduation night. He looked to D.O who was busy fiddling with Sehun’s hair.

 

“Got one!” D.O exclaimed as he withdraw something from Sehun’s hair.

 

“Oh, my white hair is getting too much recently,” Sehun frowned as he folded his arm and sighed.

 

“Maybe that’s because of your up and down relationship with LuLu,” D.O replied and continued his work on Sehun’s hair.

 

“I know right,”

 

“Now you know why I want you to pair up with Kris instead, right?”

 

“Aish, he only cares about Ace!”

 

“Done with your talk?” Suho interrupted, his face scrunched in disgust.

 

“I know you are jealous as soon as we talk about Kris,” D.O looked at Suho.

 

“What? Why would I?”

 

“Exactly! More than HunHan, BaekYeol and KaiSoo, your pairing with Kris is more real, isn’t it?” Sehun added.

 

“I am not sick like all of you,” Suho denied, “Back to the subject, how do we practice with her around?”

 

“I don’t know but our eyeliner guy definitely said he had a plan,” D.O replied and sighed, “Yah, Oh Sehun, stop moving around. Aish, look! Now I lost it! Where is it? Oh, here,”

 

***

“President,” you heard a voice said. You turned around and saw a handsome student in front of you, giving you his radiant smile.

 

“Mwo?”

 

“You know… Uh, that… you see… umm—“

 

“To the point, Byun Baekhyun!”

 

He suddenly clutched to his stomach, “Ouch, my stomach…,”

 

Panicked, you held his shoulder, “What’s wrong?”

 

“Actually, Suho-hyung told me to get something from the first aid room but ouch, my stomach keeps aching so maybe you can help me?”

 

“Okay, I’ll ask Jong In to get it,”

 

“No, no, no, no. He won’t know what it is. I think you are the one who will know the most since you are the Red Crescent member.”

 

“But, I need to see the Exo-k group—,”

 

“PLEASEEEEE~,” he showed his puppy eyes and pleaded in full aegyo.

 

You nodded, “Fine. What is it?”

 

“He asked me to take the first aid kit, the itch ointment and the cramp spray. Ah, if you are nice, can you help to take indigestion pill for me?”

 

“Alright, I’ll be back,”

 

***

You made your way to the first aid room which is in a total opposite direction from the auditorium, right at the end of the school. It will take about 3 minutes to reach there. You sighed on the way… fuh, breathe in breathe out. This is for the sake of the students’ need and for the 4 days left till your graduation day!

***

“Suho, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kai, Sehun, come on, come on!” Baekhyun called the others from the microphone.

 

The other five immediately went to the stage and performed immediately. It was just in time that you left when it’s their time to perform.

 

“What did you do to her?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

 

“Yah, don’t worry. I sent her to the first aid room,”

 

“Oh my, that is too faraway!” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Wouldn’t that be tiring for her?” Kai said.

 

“Wow, good thinking, Baekhyun!” Suho smiled as he patted Baekhyun’s head

 

While Sehun… “There is a first aid room?” Sehun asked, his eyes widened in interest.

 

“COME ON AND START!” Suho instructed and they get to their positions.

 

***

“First aid kit, check. Ointment, check. Spray, check. Indigestion pill, check,” you makesure that you brought the things Baekhyun mentioned just now. You wiped the sweat formed on your forehead. Fuh, making your way to the first aid room is hard enough yet finding these things is harder! You looked on the path you’ve been walking on and let out a deep sigh of tiredness.

 

“Huhu, I have to walk again,” you made a sad face, “Now I wish I have wings,”

 

You walked quickly to the auditorium and immediately went to the stage,

 

“Okay, where is the Exo-k group?” you asked Victoria.

 

“Oh, they are—“

 

“Went home,” Suho interrupted Victoria.

 

“What? Went home? What do you mean went home? Wait,” you approached the mic and shouted a name, “BYUN BAEKHYUN, come here!” and went back to Suho. “By the way, these are the stuff you asked Baekhyun to take,”

 

“Mwo?” Suho asked in confusion.

 

“Wae?” you lifted your eyebrow as you heard that voice and turned around to face a perfectly-fine Byun Baekhyun in front of you.

 

“You look fine now,”

 

“Ah-Ou-Ouch,” he clutched into his stomach suddenly, “No, I’m not actually. Where’s the pill?”

 

“Here you go,” you tapped his back and shoved him the indigestion pill, “have a nice day, Mr. Byun. Please don’t come back.”

 

“So, Kim Junmyeon, where were we?” you turned back to Suho was holding the stuff you gave him like he hold a baby, “Oh yeah, the Exo-K group. What do you mean they went home? It’s the second day of rehearsal, they should meet me,”

 

“Well, they said they have to attend a class as soon as possible after they finish rehearse and…,” Suho took something from his pocket with a lot of effort, “here is the effect they want for their performance. I forgot to give you yesterday,”

 

“I.HAVE.TO.MEET.THEM.TOMORROW.” you gritted your teeth and told Suho that.