5

The Last Moment

----

The next day I came.

I entered my class that morning. Several of my classmates warmly greeted me and I could only manage to answer with a smile.

I arrived at my desk and plopped instantly onto my seat. I had no time to examine my surrounding as I buried my head into my arms,

A loud slammed was heard. I wore a tight smiley face because I knew Minah was going to ask about yesterday.

“Hey dear! How's everything going on yesterday?" She asked with a grin. Sungkyu and Dongwoo didn't hesitate to lean their ears to listen to the whole juicy story.

“Yeah! How's the shooting? Anything happened with Myungsoo?" Sungkyu wiggled his eyebrows. My eyebrows knitted together. I don’t want to hear that name now. My cheery self was replaced with a dark expression as I excused myself to the restroom.

“I don't know…" I whispered in hurt.

Minah, Sungkyu and Dongwoo looked at each other with questioning looks.

“Where's Kim Myungsoo by the way?” Their head swivelled to Myungsoo's desk in the corner. 

“What really happened yesterday?”

 

 

 

I didn't realize time flies so fast…

I wanted to keep remember the last scene we have to shoot that day.

-----

3-2 Class Farewell Party

 

“I hope all students of 3-2 will be accepted to their dream university! Cheers!”

“YEAHHHH!!!” They cheered but I was just staring blankly ahead of me. I was still in the state of rejecting Myungsoo who was no longer here with us.

“We should watch the video!” Woohyun took out the video tape he bought and inserted it into the video player.

“It starting!” They grew silence and waited for the screen to appear. I sighed and looked away from screen projector.

“Nana-ah, if you don't feel very well, you can just stay outside and rest.” Sungkyu gently patted my back. I’m being such a party pooper over here.

“Meh, I'm okay. I'm just tired." My back leaned further against the wall as I divulged into my own little world again.

My classmates were having so much fun; I wanted to join as an audience too my I felt guilty to laugh because Myungsoo was not here anymore. They laugh at every scene shown in the video.  I know it must be a memorable moment for them. I felt the same way too.

“Woah! All these scenes are recorded perfectly!" One of them complimented. I found myself biting my lips hard. Sungkyu must had realize that as he carefully spoke his words out,

“He really does shoot very well. He's one of the observers who knows everything in our class. But—,”

“—He let himself out from this video. I-I don't believe it. I didn't know anything about him and ask something stupid.”

I drew my legs closer to my chest as the crying started all over again.

“Nana! Nana!” My ears perked up at the sound of my buzzing classmates.

I instantly looked up to see what’s going on. Minah pointed at the screen projector.

Hello? Is it recording right now?” 

My eyes widened in realization. It’s Myungsoo!

“Honestly, I don't want to leave anything in here but one thing umm— actually I have something to confess about,”

Am I dreaming? That was Myungsoo talking in the video right?

“That’s why I borrowed this video tape. Nana-ah, I take back my words I said that day. I really wanted to be honest with you that day. It’s not all about meeting you or something else. I was really attracted to you. Honestly, I really want to get to know you more. What do you likes and dislikes, your favourite colours, your favourite season and many more. But it’s impossible. So, promise to me one thing, that you, you Bae Nana! Never go to the park with someone else to watch the cherry blossoms. Okay? That's our promise. We are still the same person after we graduate. That's it from Kim Myungsoo for one and only to Bae Nana. Do you understand? This is my confession to you!"

He ended with a weird pose and that same lovely smile.

 

 

Babo. Babo Kim Myungsoo.

My classmates started to tear up. It was such an honest confession and they never thought that Myungsoo would do something like this in the end.

The video finally completed.

The last scene was you Myungsoo.

-----

The Present

Kim Myungsoo.

You were so insecure that you didn't even give me a chance to finish off my confession that day.

“Yah! Nana! Let's go!” MinAh waved her hands. 

Every time I thought about you, my heart hurt so much like it will burst anytime soon.

So that's why, I can't forget those last moments with you and last words you said the other day.

Dear Kim Myungsoo,

I'll cherish every moment that I spend with you and ready for the next moment in my life.

-----