4

The Last Moment

-----

 

“The duration is 35 minutes and 48 seconds!” Woohyun clapped his hands in glee, satisfied that the both of us did a great job filming and editing this.

“Entrance exam is coming over soon and we can't longer use the control room.” MinAh sniffed. It was true though. We don’t have much time left to finish all the tasks at once. They looked very disappointed. I knew some of them were sad at the thought of leaving school so soon. Time flies so fast don’t they?

“Wait! We haven't shot the last scene yet!” Sungkyu slung his arm around Myunsoo shoulder. I shook my head. When did these two become closer?

“Last scene… Director-nim do you have any ideas?” 

Myungsoo wiggled free from his arm and cleared his throat.

“I guess we have to shoot more. What about we film the path that we always take while walking to school?" He suggested.

“Yeah!”

“That's a great idea!”

I could hear numerous of agreements came from my classmates. They really like this idea.

“I will leave all this to you Myungsoo.” Woohyun admirably patted his shoulder.

“I-I want to help too!” I couldn’t leave Myungsoo to manage this all alone right? I didn’t want to end our friendship just like that. I sounded selfish but I really regretted that we never had the chance to talk more.

“Sure.” He smiled. Both didn’t realize that we have the similar thoughts in mind.

 

 

*

 

After we filmed everything, that means everything will ended too.

When spring comes, we will all graduate and lead ourselves to different path…

 

“You always have been a quiet person all year, Myungsoo.” I thought aloud.

“I'm not a quiet type of person. I just like peace. That’s all.” He replied. 

Well… he doesn't seemed like a quiet person. If only I talk to him during our senior year.

 

 

“Oh. It’s snowing..." The tiny flurries that I saw indicated that Christmas is coming soon. Wow… didn’t they say if a girl and a boy watch the first snow together and they become a couple?

“Myungsoo! We have to film this!” I tugged onto his uniform. 

“Okay.” He quickly recorded the moment while the tiny snowflakes descend slowly and dropped on the ground.

“Woahh~ it’s really snowing! It reminded me of those cherry blossoms.” Yes. But this was a white version instead. I glanced sideways at his spot.

“Right?”

I felt like the time froze and make space for both of us.

His head slowly turned towards my way as our eyes locked together.

Myungsoo...”

Let just the two of us come to see the blooming cherry blossoms even after we both graduate school…

“I…”

The two of us…

I couldn’t budge from my spot. There was this aura ignites around us. I don’t know if he could sense my nervous gestures as he slowly leaned towards me.

My heart began to race.

My eyes slowly started to close; I wanted to embrace the next moment.

His change of breathing could be heard. His face was just an inch away from my face.

I waited like a fool. Nothing happened.

I heard him sighed as he reverted to his same position.

 

 

“Why?? I don't mind about it…” Truthfully, I knew I had to realize it sooner.

I wanted to confess to him…

“I-I like-“,

 

“I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to do that just now.” He chuckled bitterly.

Why? Why did you insisted but then stopped in the middle of nowhere?

Tears welled up in my eyes and I shoved his chest away.

“!” I know I shouldn’t call him that but then again I was fooled.

Even so, I ran. I didn’t want to see him ever again. 

 

 

I finally stopped running after some time. My legs wobbled. My heart ached so much. How could he say that if he had no intention of doing it after all?

Did he really do that just for fun?

 

You lost it Myungsoo..you lost your only chance to confess to the girl you like..

Damn you Myungsoo, curse you Myungsoo.. you are so stupid

Myungsoo mentally curse himself as he watched you ran off. 

*

Myungsoo’s POV

You lost it Myungsoo… You lost your only chance to confess to her.

Damn you Myungsoo, curse you Myungsoo. You are so stupid.

Myungsoo looked up the sky. His eyes bleed with pain as he closed his eyes.

Drops slowly ran down his face.

 

 

 

Before he even knew it, he was uncontrollably sobbing. His visions started to blurred. A pain struck inside his heart for letting her go...

Because, that will be the last time he will ever see you again. 

 

--------

A/N: Gifs is not officialy mine but credits to whoever created it!