3

The Last Moment

----

 

I realize something today. Myungsoo has a very cute and dorky personality. Why did I just realize it now? It made me questioned the 2 years and half being in the same class with him. Was he always like this?

 

 

“Stop filming me.” Myungsoo stuck his hand out to reach for camcorder. I quickly dropped my hands and gave him a flat stare.

“Sorry.” Myungsoo brushed his bangs as he said, “I don’t like to be film.” I gave him a bewildering look. What on earth? I wish he told me earlier rather than making me embarrassed myself like this.

“I'll film some scenes of our school building. You don't mind it right?” He grabbed the camcorder from my hands before I could even agree to that.

“I'll-do it!” I blurted out. 

“Nevermind. You can count on me.” He winked. I felt my heart reacted instantly towards the small gesture. What is this? I shouldn’t be like this.

“Come on.” I nodded and both of us finally exited the class.

He led me all the way down to the hallway and upstairs to our spacious indoor balcony where the students always hang out. The can also watch the sunset from this view so our school was very lucky that we get the chance to see this every day.

“You really love our school, don't you Kim Myungsoo?” I spoke out while gazing the orange clouds.

“Did I? For me, this world sometime resemble like a film…” He paused.

“A film…?” That caught my interest right away. I shifted my position and looked at him in wonder.

“Yeah. Our life always rolls like a movie in front of our eyes. Therefore, I want to see different scenes from different point of view. I don't want to miss the chance of enjoying any beautiful scenarios that we rarely see today."

His words somehow didn’t made sense but I was attentively observing every part of his face. I could tell he had go through a lot and he seemed to be very mature when he told me about his theory of life.

 

 

It was just then I realized Myungsoo had been filming me for the entire time.

I snapped away from my racing thoughts and slap the camcorder away from my face. He was taken aback of my action. I chuckled at his action and said,

“You did the same also to me, remember?" I blinked my eyes playfully at him. He suddenly dropped the camcorder after a while. 

Both of us were strike with panic and immediately bend down to retrieve it.

“Oh no! We'll be in so much trouble if it's broken!”

Myungsoo swiftly examined the camcorder condition.

“Thanks’ God. There's no broken or anything eh—,” He turned the camcorder upside down and found there was no tape at all! Huh!

“Huh? There's no tape in it.”

A surprise and ashamed expression crossed my face.  

“It-it was? I totally forgot to put it before I went here!" I slapped my forehead in shame. I thought I really did put it there but all this fuzzy feeling made me literally forgot it somehow. Ugh.

Myungsoo suddenly laughed out loud.

 

 

“Are you always like this?” He said and kept on laughing. I frowned at him.

“What-what do you mean?”

 

" YOU!" He double up laughter as held onto his stomach. Eventually, you broke into laughther too. 

I never knew your laugh is so adorable to hear. Kim Myungsoo..

You make things more beautiful because of your presence here..

 

 

“YOU!” He doubled up his laughter as held onto his stomach. Eventually, his laughs were so contagious that I couldn’t help but laugh also. 

I never knew your laugh is so adorable to hear. Kim Myungsoo…

You make things more beautiful because of your presence here…

*

 

We went home afterwards.

We walked together, side by side, as I sometime took a brief glance to study his side profile. He really has a tall nose and that dimple…

“Nana?” Did he caught I was spying on him?

“I'm going to walk from here. I guess this is goodbye.”

“Oh-oh sure.” I nodded half-heartily. I don’t want him to leave yet. I wanted to talk more but maybe some other time?

But we barely even interact in class. Should I put some effort to talk to him more?

“Well…” He turned around to the corner and quietly stalked off.

“KIM MYUNGSOO!" I dared to yell out his name. In some ways, I thought he never responded to that but Myungsoo turned around once again. 

“Thank you for everything today!” I smiled and waved.

 

 

He smiled back, walked backwards and said, “Your welcome, Nana.”

I found myself still smiling goofily at the spot where he left just now.

Oh well, I’m going to meet you again tomorrow, Kim Myungsoo.

 

------