1

The Last Moment

5 March 2013

 

 

“Nana!” I looked away from the certificate in my hands as my head rose to see who called name.

Apparently, it was Minah, who was waving her hands crazily in the hair. I noticed the same certificate she was holding and smiled softly to myself. We finally graduated from high school.

I raised a hand as she stood there jumping up and down in joy. Minah was my childhood friend and also my classmates. We did everything together, like sisters. She was fun to be with and can I mention she was crazy? Like, she could date up to three guys during junior high, can you believe that? She told me she was only doing it for fun but what can I say, she was crazy after all.

Also trailing behind Minah were Sungkyu and Dongwoo. They were both dorks in my class. From first impression, Sungkyu looked like he could kill you anytime but he was friendly. On the other hand, Dongwoo was more like a happy kid. You could see his smile everywhere when you bump into him.

“Is this snow? I can't believe it!” Minah spun around, adoring the snowflakes pouring out from the sky.

“It is Minah, unless you want raindrops instead of snowflakes." Sungkyu bluntly said and Minah stuck her tongue out.

“Hey the class party start at 2pm, do you want to do something before it starts?" Dongwoo asked as his eyes set firmly on me. I could tell he was trying his best to smile. My gazed moved back on the certificate in my hands.

 “Sorry. I have to take these to him.” The atmosphere fall silent as the three of them didn’t budge from their spot.

Sungkyu spoke first.

“We understood Nana." He gently patted my shoulder.

“ Nana...”Minah whispered. The worried expression on her face never left once as I hurriedly passed them by.

My eyes were burning. I didn’t want them to see the tears I’d been holding.

As I walk, I was gliding through the memories lane; the memories I had with them during first year until we graduated.

Unfortunately that person always remained behind. I shut my eyes.

You were not here.

That incident happened two months ago,

Two months ago before you left us.