Chapter 08

Ice Cream Love

It’d been a few days since the rumor about L.Joe and the teddy bear had spread and finally everything was back to normal. All the students feared L.Joe, regardless of whether he slept with a soft toy or not. But L.Joe could never forget the humiliation he’d had to face.

It was lunch time at TOP High and L.Joe wandered out to the school’s garden. Under a tree he spotted the person he’d begun to loathe. Park Soomi was reading a book while relaxing under the shade of the tree.

L.Joe strode up to her in quick, confident steps. Soomi looked up when she heard the noise and blinked at the blonde. L.Joe’s eyes darted to the book cover and he did a double take when he saw the cover of the book. It was a mixture of red and pink that screamed romance.

“A romance novel?” L.Joe scoffed.

Soomi frowned. “Excuse me? So what if it’s a romance novel?” she retorted.

“Che,” L.Joe scoffed again. “What a waste of time. Love?” He shot her a taunting look then, enunciating every word, spoke, “It’s nothing but a worthless feeling. Not only is it weak, it’s extremely useless.” L.Joe shrugged nonchalantly.

Now Soomi was practically fuming. “How dare you?!” she cried out indignantly. “Love is most definitely not useless! It’s- it’s breathtaking. It’s the strongest thing in the world. Caring for someone, willing to sacrifice everything for them, that’s true love and there is nothing more satisfying.” Soomi paused to take a deep breath.

“But I don’t expect a playboy like you to know anything” she continued. “You’ve probably never loved or been loved.”

L.Joe narrowed his eyes feeling slightly insulted. “Haven’t you seen the numerous girls lining up just to see me? They don’t just love me, they worship me.” His words were filled with arrogance and haughtiness making Soomi roll her eyes.

“Have you really not seen that or are you just blind to reality?” L.Joe smirked. “Love is caring for someone? Sacrificing everything for them? Which world are you living in Cinderella? Because in this world the only thing that matters is money.”

Soomi’s eyes narrowed into dangerous slits as she glared heatedly at L.Joe. She’d tolerated his bullying, his idiotic and immature ways, even his extreme arrogance but the moment he’d insulted her idealistic belief about love, he’d gone too far. Soomi was going to make the jerk eat his words.