Chapter 15

Ice Cream Love

Thanks to NaNaDragon for the upvote, Aliiioooo and ymaknaehayoung for the comments and to all those who subscribed :)


Soomi chewed on her lower lip, the suspense being too much for her to bear. Her eyes danced over the pages as she read one of her latest romance novels. She was so completely immersed in it that she didn’t realize someone else was in the school garden besides her till they cleared their throat.

Startled, Soomi looked up to see Chohee and her posse looming over her. She rolled her eyes and returned back to her book, speaking impassively, “Can you move? You’re blocking my light.”

Chohee scoffed. “Are you still going to act this way? Don’t you have an apology for me?” she sneered.

Soomi smirked, standing up and looking Chohee in the eye. “I’m sorry for slapping you. You must’ve lost the few brain cells that you had.”

Chohee narrowed her eyes with anger. “Yah, Park Soomi, you’re pushing your luck.”

“And you’re pushing my limit.” Soomi retaliated heatedly.

“Why you-” Chohee swung her arm back intending to slap Soomi like the brunette had slapped her the previous day when a hand suddenly shot out and caught hers.

Chohee looked behind her with annoyance only to find the school’s blonde kingka glaring at her. “O-Oppa…” she stammered.

“Park Chohee, I think that’s enough.” L.Joe spoke firmly.

Chohee frowned. “But oppa, you’re the one who said-”

L.Joe interrupted her. “I know what I said but now I’m telling you to leave her alone. This is the only warning I’ll give you, you’d better not lay a single finger on her or you’ll have to personally answer to me.” L.Joe growled.

The students who’d stopped to watch the drama quickly looked away, too scared to meet their kingka’s heated gaze. Chohee frowned in displeasure but knew better than to object. She her heel and walked away.

L.Joe turned back to Soomi who glared at him.

“What’s your problem?” she snapped.

L.Joe blinked. “E-Excuse me?! I don’t think you should be talking to me that way. I just saved you, you know?”

Soomi scowled at the blonde. “That’s just it! You are so bipolar, one minute you hate me and sic all your fan girls on me and the next, you defend me and act all nice. And I am tired of this! Just make up your mind; do you hate me or not?!” she huffed.

L.Joe blinked at her outburst. Rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, L.Joe looked away from her big curious eyes. “I started off hating you. I didn’t like how you stood up to me and dared question me. But after yesterday, I decided I was being too narrow minded and judgmental so I’m going to give you another chance and I hope you do the same for me. What I’m trying to say is, I’m sorry for acting like a jerk. Can you give me another chance?”

Soomi stared at L.Joe with disbelief for a few minutes then silently nodded. L.Joe’s eyes had shone with sincerity and Soomi realized he really was regretting his actions.

L.Joe grinned. “That’s great! So…” he shyly looked away again. “A-Are we friends now?”

Soomi giggled at his awkwardness. “I didn’t say that. You have one chance to prove that you are worthy of being my friend and then we’ll see” she teased before turning to pick up her book and walking away.

“H-Hey!” L.Joe called after her before chuckling, “She is such a brat” he muttered to himself.


I understand that some of you wanted longer chapters. I'll try my best to make my chapters longer but I have some trouble with that because I tend to go off-track a lot and then I'm just unsatisfied with my work :/ I know this chapter was fairly short too but I promise to put up a longer one next time so please continue to comment, subscribe and upvote :)