Chapter 09

Ice Cream Love

Before Soomi could pounce on the blonde and make him eat his words, the bell rang signaling the end of break. She cast an extremely annoyed glare at the smirking kingka before spinning on her heels and walking away.

She hoped to escape from him for a while to calm down her raging anger. But luck seemed to be against her as her last class of the day was English: the only subject she had with L.Joe. Sighing, she walked into her classroom. The blonde kingka followed behind her leisurely, his lips set into a condescending smirk.

Ms. Song was writing the day’s topic on the board as the last few students took their seats. She turned to the class and smiled brightly. “Okay class, today we’re going to be learning about similes.” She spoke the last word in English and Soomi had a feeling she’d like the topic just because the word sounded like smile.

Ms. Song then proceeded into a detailed explanation about what simile really was and how to use it in a sentence. After her explanation she gestured to the class and spoke, “Can anyone give me an example of a simile?”

No one raised their hands, not even Soomi and Ms. Song frowned slightly. Her gaze traveled to the inattentive student at the back who seemed to find utmost interest in staring out of the window. “Lee Byunghun, since you seem to find this class unnecessary, how about you give the example.”

L.Joe narrowed his eyes in annoyance before sighing and standing up. “Fine,” he muttered.

His eyes met with Soomi’s brown ones as she watched him with a smirk. L.Joe returned a smirk of his own before speaking. “Love is like ice cream.” His eyes were trained on Soomi as he spoke and Soomi immediately knew that whatever he was saying was meant for her.

Ms. Song contemplated it for a moment then nodded. “Okay, I guess that’s accepta-”

She was interrupted by L.Joe who continued speaking, his eyes locked on Soomi’s as if they were the only two in the classroom.

“Love is like ice cream, if you don’t finish it fast, it simply melts.”

Soomi’s anger skyrocketed and she leapt to her feet nearly scaring a few students.

“Saem, I have something to say.” she added politely when she realized she wasn’t in fact alone with L.Joe but in a classroom full of students who’d think she was crazy if she just started yelling at their school kingka.

Ms. Song nodded uncertainly and Soomi turned slightly towards L.Joe, her eyes bold and challenging. “Love is like ice cream,” she repeated causing L.Joe to raise an amused eyebrow.

“Because,” Soomi continued. “Even after it melts, it tastes just as sweet.”

L.Joe scoffed and rolled his eyes but his annoyance had hit an all-time high. To think the stupid girl had the nerve to stand up to him, L.Joe, the kingka of T.O.P High?!

Oh, she was gonna pay!

 


 

Please comment you guys :(